Cradily (Life Orb Lead)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using a Cradily lead on my most recent UU team (still trying to achieve the requirements), and I must admit that it does its job extremely well. With its excellent overall bulk, it can survive many super effective and neutral assaults, set up Stealth Rock, and hit most common leads for great damage. Cradily is able to take out leads such as Moltres, Ambipom, Persian, Omastar, Froslass, Electrode, and more. Enjoy!

Cradily

[SET]
name: Life Orb Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Seed Bomb
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Recover
item: Life Orb
nature: Adamant
evs: 228 HP / 176 Atk / 104 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cradily has been constantly seen as a bulky supporter Pokemon that is not very strong in the offensive department; however, this set attempts to take advantage of its ability to reliably set up Stealth Rock from its great overall bulk and the great dual typing it has to turn it into a solid, effective Stealth Rock lead. With a Life Orb attached, Cradily becomes surprisingly powerful, being able to 2HKO or OHKO almost every lead, such as Arcanine, Omastar, Froslass, and Cloyster, as well as becoming a decent late-game sweeper.</p>

<p>Even though Cradily has equal offensive stats, its physical movepool is much stronger than its special movepool; as such, Cradily's moveset is geared towards the physical side. Seed Bomb and Stone Edge are the two primary STAB moves, the former hitting Omastar and Kabutops for extreme damage, while the latter smashing Froslass and Moltres. Recover is used in the final slot to allow Cradily to heal any damage taken and lengthens Cradily's survivability during the match, especially since Life Orb's recoil will be reducing Cradily's health gradually.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The suggested EV spread focuses primarily on Cradily's offensive stats, but leaves enough EVs to be used in HP so it doesn't become defensively weak and can still tank some hits. With 104 Speed EVs, Cradily is always able to outpace Omastar and 16 Speed Azumarill to smack them with a powerful STAB Seed Bomb. The 176 Attack EVs and Adamant nature give it a good chance at OHKOing the bulky Froslass and the previously mentioned Omastar, the former taking 92% - 100% from Stone Edge and the latter 91% - 100% from Seed Bomb. Finally, the rest of the EVs are added into HP so Cradily is never OHKOed by a Life Orbed Fire Blast from Timid Moltres, as it only does 63% - 75%, which gives you enough HP leftover to OHKO Moltres and not die from Life Orb recoil. Although rarer, Cradily is even able to survive a Life Orbed Fire Blast from Modest Moltres with enough HP left to survive Life Orb's recoil.</p>

<p>There are a few leads that Cradily has no chance at bypassing, most notably Uxie and Hariyama. With Uxie's high Defense stat and Hariyama's great HP stat and access to Close Combat, Cradily will have no chance at winning. For that reason, it's strongly suggested to use Pokemon that can handle the aforementioned threats. Due to Cradily being primarily used on bulky, offensive teams, Spiritomb is one of the best teammates for it. Spiritomb's immunity to Uxie's Psychic and Hariyama's Close Combat, as well as access to Calm Mind to set up against them, will easily threaten these two. Bulky Steel-types like Registeel and Steelix will also pose a big problem, as Cradily isn't strong enough to break through their massive Defense whatsoever. In this case, Water-types can work exceptionally well against these threats, particularly Milotic. To keep the bulky offense feel of your team, Milotic can run the Life Orb Tank set to hit very hard and still take neutral and resisted attacks to good effect.</p>

[SET]
name: Lead
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Earthquake
item: Leftovers
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cradily makes a very effective Stealth Rock lead for defensive and balanced teams in need of a sturdy supporter. With its high overall defense and great dual typing, opponents will have a difficult time bringing down this defensive beast. Cradily is also one of the few leads that can take on a lot of other common leads, such as Ambipom, Omastar, and even Froslass.</p>

<p>Even though Cradily has equal offensive stats, its physical movepool is much stronger than its special movepool; as such, Cradily's moveset is geared towards the physical side. Seed Bomb and Rock Slide are the two primary STAB moves, the former hitting Omastar and Kabutops for extreme damage, while the latter smashing Froslass and Moltres. Earthquake rounds off the set by allowing Cradily to damage Steel-types that resist Cradily's STAB moves, such as Steelix and Registeel, as well as hitting leads like Qwilfish and Nidoqueen for super effective damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The suggested EV spread lets Cradily survive a couple of important assaults. With 252 HP and 200 Special Defense EVs, Cradily is capable of surviving two Ice Beams from 252 Special Attack Timid Froslass and a Choice Specs Overheat from Modest Moltres. On top of that, weak Ice Beams attacks coming from the likes of Omastar don't even manage to 3HKO. An Impish nature and 56 Defense EVs allow Cradily to never be OHKOed by a Close Combat from 252 Attack Adamant Hitmontop (has a slim chance to OHKO with Stealth Rock in play), and also never lets Cradily take over 50% damage from Ambipom's Life Orb U-turn.</p>

<p>There are a few leads that Cradily has no chance at bypassing, most notably Uxie and Hariyama. With Uxie's high Defense stat and Hariyama's great HP stat and access to Close Combat, Cradily will have no chance at winning. For that reason, it's strongly suggested to use Pokemon that can handle the aforementioned threats. Due to Cradily being primarily used on defensively-oriented teams, Spiritomb is one of the best teammates to Cradily. It's immunity to Uxie's Psychic and Hariyama's Close Combat, as well as having access to Calm Mind and Will-O-Wisp, will easily eliminate these two. Spiritomb is also immune to the general super effective Fighting-type attacks fired at Cradily's Fighting weakness (was a little strange repeating "Fighting" IMO), and doesn't take a lot of damage from Steel- and Ice-type attacks, Cradily's other two weaknesses. (don't forget about Bug)</p>
Nice job, I never thought of this. :P

I'm a little iffy about EQ. Can it really put that big of a dent in Steelix, Nidoqueen, and Registeel? Could Recover be slashed onto this to increase durability?

I second recover. Besided steelix is kind of rare as a lead- with its monstrous physical defense, you won't being doing very much to it anyway. Recover > EQ

I don't understand what the point of this lead is. What does it do after it sets up Stealth Rock? It counters....what exactly? It's not OHKOed by Hitmontop, but what is Cradily going to do in return? Ambipom can Taunt it and SE U-turn out without risking anything.

Also, it doesn't take on Froslass leads at all. Froslass sets up two layers of Spikes / one Layer + Destiny Bond. That's absolutely an advantage.

In short: With Cradily's low Attack, I don't see how this is anything but set up bait after it sets up Stealth Rock. It loses to a lot of leads, and it needs all four moveslots to beat the ones it does so that it has no utility after. Sorry :/. Lileep is a great lead in Little Cup though!

The point of this Cradily as a lead is just to set up Stealth Rock with enough health leftover to come back in against a threat it can threaten or just attack the opposing lead. Yes, it doesn't have the greatest of Attack, but its really good overall bulk helps accommodate that. Cradily is just another one of those bulky Stealth Rock leads. It's surprisingly hard to take this Cradily down, especially when you are using Recover (which I just started doing so, since I agree with the slash).

This does not lose to a lot of leads at all. Look:

Froslass: You can either let it set up two layers of Spikes and it loses, or one layer of Spikes and you lose (Destiny Bond).

Uxie: You don't necessarily lose, but it would take a while to beat Uxie.

Ambipom: It can't do much to you aside from using Taunt (you should always attack Ambipom first anyway) and a U-turn that does not deal more than 50%, even with Life Orb.

Moltres: You win.

Alakazam: You win unless it has Choice Specs and/or Focus Blast (Focus Blast does not OHKO though).

Electrode: You win. Also, your good special bulk and Recover can somewhat outstall the likes of Ludicolo and Gorebyss.

Omastar: You win.

Hippopotas: You win and you get +SpD from the sand.

Rhyperior: You win.

Cloyster: It sets up relatively well against you, but it can't kill you, you kill it first.

Arcanine: You win.

Venusaur: Never fought one of these, but I guess you can be put to sleep.

Hariyama: You lose.

Kabutops: You win.

Snover: I guess you lose, but I don't know how much Special Attack this runs. Max Special Attack + Modest does 56.38% - 67.02% with Blizzard. You can OHKO back with Stone Edge, actually.

If I need to provide some logs, I will. But really, Cradily isn't helpless in my experience with it.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very nice, I like what I see :)

[SET]
name: Lead
move 3: Rock Slide / Stone Edge
move 4: Recover / Earthquake
item: Leftovers
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Cradily makes a very effective Stealth Rock lead for defensive and balanced teams in need of a sturdy supporter. With its high overall defenses and great dual typing, opponents will have a difficult time bringing down this defensive beast. Cradily is also one of the few leads that can take on a lot of other common leads, such as Ambipom, Omastar, and even Froslass.</p>

<p>Even though Cradily has equal offensive stats, its physical movepool is much stronger than its special movepool; as such, Cradily's moveset is geared towards the physical side. Seed Bomb and Rock Slide are the two primary STAB moves, the former hitting Omastar and Kabutops for extreme damage, while the latter smashing Froslass and Moltres. You can use Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide to OHKO Snover and the more defensive versions of Moltres and Froslass. Recover is used in the final slot to allow Cradily to Recover off any damage taken, and lengthens Cradily's survivability during the match. However, you can use Earthquake if you want additional coverage, allowing Cradily to damage Steel-types that resist Cradily's STAB moves, such as Steelix and Registeel, as well as hitting leads like Qwilfish and Nidoqueen for super effective damage. Although, due to most of the aforementioned Pokemon's high Defenses, they won't be taking significant amounts of damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The suggested EV spread lets Cradily survive a couple of important assaults. With 252 HP and 200 Special Defense EVs, Cradily is capable of surviving two Ice Beams from 252 Special Attack Timid Froslass and a Choice Specs Overheat from Modest Moltres. On top of that, weak Ice Beams coming from the likes of Omastar don't even manage to 3HKO. An Impish nature and 56 Defense EVs allow Cradily to never be OHKOed by a Close Combat from 252 Attack Adamant Hitmontop (it has a slim chance to OHKO with Stealth Rock in play), and also never lets Cradily take over 50% damage from Ambipom's Life Orb U-turn.</p>

<p>There are a few leads that Cradily has no chance at bypassing, most notably Uxie and Hariyama. With Uxie's high Defense stat and Hariyama's great HP stat and access to Close Combat, Cradily will have no chance at winning. For that reason, it's strongly suggested to use Pokemon that can handle the aforementioned threats. Due to Cradily being primarily used on defensively-oriented teams, Spiritomb is one of the best teammates for Cradily. Its immunity to Uxie's Psychic and Hariyama's Close Combat, as well as access to Calm Mind and Will-O-Wisp, will easily eliminate these two. Spiritomb doesn't take too much damage from Steel-, Bug-, and Ice-type attacks, Cradily's other three weaknesses, allowing it to switch in and start setting up Calm Mind.</p>

Fuzznip, both your comment and Heysup's lead me to believe Recover > Earthquake, or at least a slash. Just theorymon though

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I tried this lead and I have to say it let me down. One reason why it was lackluster was that Omastar was still able to get down Stealth Rock and Spikes since it outpaces and survives Seed Bomb 100% of the time. In a nutshell, it is too slow, its Attack stat is weak, and it does nothing after it sets up Stealth Rock. I would agree with what Heysup is saying.

I would however like to propose a better EV spread - slightly aggressive. 228 HP / 176 Atk / 104 Spe with an Adamant nature. This allows you to outpace Omastar and lower in the lead slot, even 16 Spe Azumarill. Keep in mind that this has Life Orb, and Seed Bomb has a high chance of OHKOing Omastar if needed. (90.7% - 108.1%). Stone Edge will deal 92.3% - 108.9% on the bulky Froslass, however, you will still lose to SuicideLass.

The EVs are just enough to survive the common Moltres lead set, which is Timid w/ Life Orb. Fire Blast will deal 63.2% - 74.6%, enough to survive it with Life Orb equipped. Although the rare Modest version has a chance to OHKO you (Life Orb factored in) 69.2% - 81.6%. In the end though, you will beat it.

Just my two cents, you can make use of its fantastic dual STABs in the lead slot by giving it more umph in the Attack department.

Thanks for the comments and proofreads so far.

I never thought of trying Cradily offensively. Based on your observations, franky, it seems to be relatively good. I'll try that spread out and see what I think of it. However, I really haven't seen Cradily worthless in my experience whatsoever with the current set. It's been doing very well for me.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now that I think about it, you can always go special with Energy Ball and Hidden Power Rock. I noticed that the lead position is physically-based and you can take advantage of this by going specal. The EV spread would be slightly different, but its the same concept; 104 Spe to outpace Omastar who invest 4 Spe, while you can dump the rest into HP or a sufficient amount into SpA to OHKO BulkyLass, Omastar, and even Cloyster - all three are known for their spiking abilities. It would be a nice way to shut them down by letting them set up a single layer only.

With Franky's changes this lead would make much more sense to me. The situations you described sort of show that it doesn't really beat many of the top leads; it's set up bait for most of them. Beating Omastar is really important at least.

I would still like to know what this does outside of the lead position anyway. You didn't explain which threats it counters. It doesn't counter many from the looks of it, especially when you consider it lacks recover making it a very unreliable Raikou counter.

Before I start testing new changes, here are 10 logs I gathered last night and this morning of the set I have posted. None of these are cherry-picked.

Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Fuzznip sent out Cradily (lvl 100 Cradily ?).
hypervortex sent out Typhlosion (lvl 100 Typhlosion ?).
Frozen1225 has entered the room.
Typhlosion used Eruption.
Cradily lost 47% of its health.
Cradily used Rock Slide.
It's super effective!
Typhlosion lost 72% of its health.
Cradily's leftovers restored its health a little!
Cradily restored 6% of its health.
---
hypervortex: ouch
hypervortex switched in Hitmonchan (lvl 100 Hitmonchan ?).
Cradily used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
---
Fuzznip switched in Moltres (lvl 100 Moltres).
Moltres is exerting its pressure!
Hitmonchan used Mach Punch.
It's not very effective...
Moltres lost 11% of its health.
Hitmonchan lost 10% of its health.
Moltres's leftovers restored its health a little!
Moltres restored 6% of its health.
---
Moltres used Substitute.
Moltres lost 25% of its health.
Moltres made a substitute!
Hitmonchan used Thunderpunch.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Moltres!
Moltres's substitute faded!
---
Moltres used Substitute.
It's super effective!
---
Moltres used Substitute.
It's super effective!
---
Moltres used Roost.
Moltres restored 50% of its health.
Moltres lost 22% of its health.
---
Moltres used Toxic.
Hitmonchan was badly poisoned!
It's super effective!
Moltres lost 48% of its health.
Moltres is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Hitmonchan is hurt by poison!
Hitmonchan lost 6% of its health.
---
Fuzznip: nice...
hypervortex: bound to happen eventually xD
Fuzznip switched in Nidoqueen (lvl 100 Nidoqueen ?).
It doesn't affect Nidoqueen...
Hitmonchan is hurt by poison!
Hitmonchan lost 12% of its health.
---
Hitmonchan used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 56% of its health.
Nidoqueen used Earthquake.
Hitmonchan lost 41% of its health.
hypervortex's Hitmonchan fainted.
Nidoqueen's leftovers restored its health a little!
Nidoqueen restored 6% of its health.
---
hypervortex switched in Leafeon (lvl 100 Leafeon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Leafeon.
Leafeon lost 12% of its health.
Leafeon used Swords Dance.
Leafeon's attack was sharply raised.
---
Frozen1225 has left the room.
Leafeon used Quick Attack.
Moltres lost 26% of its health.
Leafeon lost 10% of its health.
Moltres used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
Leafeon lost 78% of its health.
hypervortex's Leafeon fainted.
---
hypervortex: WOW
hypervortex: leafeon sucks
hypervortex: lol
Fuzznip: :O
hypervortex: didn't know he sucked that much haha
Fuzznip: lol
hypervortex: i mean, i knew he was not godly
hypervortex: but didn't know he sucked
hypervortex switched in Houndoom (lvl 100 Houndoom ?).
Pointed stones dug into Houndoom.
Houndoom lost 25% of its health.
Houndoom used Nasty Plot.
Houndoom's special attack was sharply raised.
Moltres used Toxic.
Houndoom was badly poisoned!
Houndoom is hurt by poison!
Houndoom lost 6% of its health.
---
Houndoom used Dark Pulse.
Moltres lost 23% of its health.
Fuzznip's Moltres fainted.
Houndoom lost 10% of its health.
Houndoom lost 12% of its health.
---
Fuzznip switched in Slowking (lvl 100 Slowking ?).
hypervortex: o_o
Fuzznip switched in Hitmontop (lvl 100 Hitmontop ?).
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Houndoom's attack!
Houndoom used Dark Pulse.
Hitmontop lost 46% of its health.
Houndoom lost 10% of its health.
Houndoom lost 19% of its health.
Hitmontop's leftovers restored its health a little!
Hitmontop restored 6% of its health.
---
hypervortex: ah
hypervortex: nvm good idea
Hitmontop used Sucker Punch.
Houndoom lost 18% of its health.
hypervortex's Houndoom fainted.
---
hypervortex switched in Typhlosion (lvl 100 Typhlosion ?).
Pointed stones dug into Typhlosion.
Typhlosion lost 25% of its health.
But it failed!
Typhlosion used Will-o-wisp.
Hitmontop was burned!
Hitmontop was hurt by its burn!
Hitmontop lost 12% of its health.
---
hypervortex: HA lol
Typhlosion used Will-o-wisp.
But it failed!
Hitmontop used Close Combat.
Typhlosion lost 3% of its health.
hypervortex's Typhlosion fainted.
Hitmontop's defence was lowered.
Hitmontop's special defence was lowered.
Hitmontop was hurt by its burn!
---
hypervortex switched in Kingler (lvl 100 Kingler ?).
Pointed stones dug into Kingler.
Kingler lost 12% of its health.
Kingler used Agility.
Kingler's speed was sharply raised.
---
Kingler used X-Scissor.
It's super effective!
Slowking lost 82% of its health.
Kingler lost 10% of its health.
Slowking used Thunder Wave.
Kingler is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Slowking's leftovers restored its health a little!
Slowking restored 6% of its health.
---
hypervortex: aw
Kingler used X-Scissor.
It's super effective!
Slowking lost 24% of its health.
Fuzznip's Slowking fainted.
---
hypervortex: whew
Fuzznip switched in Cradily (lvl 100 Cradily ?).
Kingler used Crabhammer.
Cradily lost 52% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Kingler lost 58% of its health.
hypervortex's Kingler fainted.
---
hypervortex switched in Swellow (lvl 100 Swellow ?).
Pointed stones dug into Swellow.
Swellow lost 25% of its health.
Swellow used Protect.
Swellow protected itself!
Cradily used Recover.
Cradily restored 50% of its health.
Swellow was badly poisoned!
---
hypervortex: yea gg xD
Fuzznip: gg
Swellow used Brave Bird.
Cradily lost 58% of its health.
Swellow was hit by recoil!
Swellow lost 28% of its health.
Cradily used Rock Slide.
It's super effective!
Swellow lost 47% of its health.
hypervortex's Swellow fainted.
Fuzznip wins!
hypervortex has left the room.

Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
secretgarden sent out Arcanine (lvl 100 Arcanine ?).
Arcanine's Intimidate cut Cradily's attack!
Arcanine used Flare Blitz.
Cradily lost 50% of its health.
Arcanine was hit by recoil!
Arcanine lost 18% of its health.
Arcanine lost 10% of its health.
---
Arcanine used Flare Blitz.
A critical hit!
Cradily lost 56% of its health.
Fuzznip's Cradily fainted.
Arcanine was hit by recoil!
Arcanine lost 20% of its health.
Arcanine lost 10% of its health.
---

Code:
Mozes sent out A monkey (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).
A monkey used Fake Out.
Cradily lost 14% of its health.
A monkey lost 10% of its health.
Cradily flinched!
---
A monkey used Taunt.
Cradily fell for the taunt!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
A monkey lost 41% of its health.
---
A monkey used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 44% of its health.
Mozes switched in A snake (lvl 100 Seviper ?).
A monkey lost 10% of its health.
Cradily used Rock Slide.
A critical hit!
A snake lost 84% of its health.
---
Taunt prohibits the use of this move.
A snake used Sludge Bomb.
A critical hit!
Cradily lost 60% of its health.
A snake lost 10% of its health.
---

Code:
ShinyAzelf sent out Cloyster (lvl 100 Cloyster ?).
Cloyster used Toxic.
Cloyster's attack missed!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 31% of its health.
Cloyster's leftovers restored its health a little!
Cloyster restored 6% of its health.
---
Cloyster used Toxic.
Cradily was badly poisoned!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 32% of its health.
Cradily is hurt by poison!
Cradily lost 6% of its health.
---
Metapod Master has entered the room.
Cloyster used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 31% of its health.
Cradily lost 12% of its health.
---
Cloyster used Spikes.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 25% of its health.
ShinyAzelf's Cloyster fainted.
Cradily lost 18% of its health.
---
ShinyAzelf switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Venusaur used Swords Dance.
Venusaur's attack was sharply raised.
---
ShinyAzelf switched in Chansey (lvl 100 Chansey ?).
Chansey lost 14% of its health.
Chansey was burned!
Chansey's leftovers restored its health a little!
Chansey restored 6% of its health.
Chansey was hurt by its burn!
Chansey lost 12% of its health.
---
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Chansey's attack!
Hitmontop was hurt by Spikes!
Hitmontop lost 19% of its health.
Chansey used Stealth Rock.
Chansey was hurt by its burn!
---
ShinyAzelf switched in Rotom (lvl 100 Rotom).
Hitmontop used Foresight.
---
ShinyAzelf switched in Spiritomb (lvl 100 Spiritomb ?).
Spiritomb is exerting its pressure!
Hitmontop used Rapid Spin.
It doesn't affect Spiritomb...
---
Spiritomb used Toxic.
Hitmontop was badly poisoned!
Hitmontop is hurt by poison!
Hitmontop lost 6% of its health.
---
It doesn't affect Rotom...
---
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Rotom lost 99% of its health.
Rotom used Discharge.
Hitmontop lost 29% of its health.
---
ShinyAzelf switched in Spiritomb (lvl 100 Spiritomb ?).
Nidoqueen was hurt by Spikes!
Nidoqueen lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Nidoqueen.
Nidoqueen lost 6% of its health.
---
Lord Liam has entered the room.
Metapod Master: 2 ghosts
Metapod Master: =/
ShinyAzelf: Yeah
Nidoqueen used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---
Rotom used Trick.
Rotom obtained Leftovers!
Nidoqueen obtained Choice Scarf!
Nidoqueen used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Rotom lost 1% of its health.
ShinyAzelf's Rotom fainted.
---
ShinyAzelf switched in Venusaur (lvl 100 Venusaur ?).
Venusaur absorbed the Toxic Spikes!
Nidoqueen used Crunch.
Venusaur lost 15% of its health.
Venusaur used Swords Dance.
Venusaur's attack was sharply raised.
Venusaur's leftovers restored its health a little!
Venusaur restored 6% of its health.
---
Cradily was hurt by Spikes!
Cradily lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Cradily.
Venusaur used Power Whip.
Venusaur's attack missed!
Venusaur restored 6% of its health.
---
Venusaur used Power Whip.
Venusaur restored 2% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Moltres.
Moltres lost 50% of its health.

Code:
aristocrap sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
---
Uxie used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
Cradily used Rock Slide.
Uxie lost 13% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.
---
Lord Liam has entered the room.
Uxie used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 21% of its health.
aristocrap switched in Ludicolo (lvl 100 Ludicolo ?).
Pointed stones dug into Ludicolo.
Ludicolo lost 12% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Ludicolo lost 35% of its health.
---
Ludicolo used Swords Dance.
Ludicolo's attack was sharply raised.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
A critical hit!
Ludicolo lost 52% of its health.
aristocrap's Ludicolo fainted.
---
aristocrap switched in Lanturn (lvl 100 Lanturn ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lanturn.
Lanturn lost 12% of its health.
Fuzznip: sorry
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Cradily lost 41% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 64% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Confuse Ray.
Cradily became confused!
Cradily is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
---
Lanturn used Thunder.
Cradily is confused!
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Cradily lost 42% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 24% of its health.
aristocrap's Lanturn fainted.
The rain stopped.
---
aristocrap switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Pointed stones dug into Uxie.
Uxie lost 12% of its health.
Uxie used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Nidoqueen lost 5% of its health.
aristocrap switched in Gorebyss (lvl 100 Gorebyss ?).
Pointed stones dug into Gorebyss.
Gorebyss lost 12% of its health.
Gorebyss was poisoned!
Gorebyss was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Nidoqueen's Poison Point poisoned Uxie!
Gorebyss lost 39% of its health.
Gorebyss is hurt by poison!
Nidoqueen restored 5% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Slowking.
Slowking lost 12% of its health.
Gorebyss used Psychic.
Gorebyss lost 10% of its health.
---
Gorebyss used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Slowking lost 35% of its health.
Slowking used Slack Off.
Slowking restored 50% of its health.
Gorebyss lost 4% of its health.
aristocrap's Gorebyss fainted.
Slowking restored 4% of its health.
---
aristocrap switched in Kabutops (lvl 100 Kabutops ?).
Pointed stones dug into Kabutops.
Kabutops lost 12% of its health.
Kabutops was poisoned!
Kabutops was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Kabutops used Swords Dance.
Kabutops's attack was sharply raised.
Slowking used Surf.
Kabutops lost 83% of its health.
Kabutops is hurt by poison!
Kabutops lost 5% of its health.
aristocrap's Kabutops fainted.
---
aristocrap switched in Raikou (lvl 100 Raikou).
Raikou is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Raikou.
Raikou lost 12% of its health.
Raikou was poisoned!
Raikou was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Raikou used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Slowking lost 72% of its health.
Raikou lost 10% of its health.
Slowking used Surf.
Raikou lost 48% of its health.
Raikou is hurt by poison!
---
Raikou used Thunder.
---
Raikou used Shadow Ball.
Nidoqueen lost 34% of its health.
Raikou lost 4% of its health.
aristocrap's Raikou fainted.
Nidoqueen used Crunch.
But there was no target!
The rain stopped.
---
aristocrap has left the room.
Fuzznip wins!

Code:
Uxie used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
---
Uxie used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 34% of its health.
---
Raikou used Calm Mind.
Raikou's special attack was raised.
Raikou's special defence was raised.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 31% of its health.
---
Raikou used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 60% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 13% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
---
Slowking used Slack Off.
Slowking restored 28% of its health.
---
Ludicolo used Swords Dance.
Ludicolo's attack was sharply raised.
Ludicolo is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Ludicolo is paralysed! It can't move!
The rain stopped.
---
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Ludicolo lost 34% of its health.
Ludicolo is paralysed! It can't move!
---
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Ludicolo lost 32% of its health.
Ludicolo used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 52% of its health.
Ludicolo lost 10% of its health.
---
---
Uxie used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
Moltres used Substitute.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Moltres used Toxic.
Moltres's attack missed!
---
Moltres used Toxic.
Lanturn was badly poisoned!
Lanturn used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Lanturn is hurt by poison!
Lanturn lost 6% of its health.
---
Moltres used Substitute.
Lanturn used Thunder.
It's super effective!
---
Moltres used Substitute.
Lanturn used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 19% of its health.
---
Moltres used Substitute.
Lanturn used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 25% of its health.
---
Moltres used Roost.
Lanturn used Thunder.
Moltres lost 40% of its health.
Lanturn lost 25% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
The rain stopped.
---
Kabutops is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Slowking used Surf.
Kabutops lost 55% of its health.
Kabutops is paralysed! It can't move!
---
Slowking used Surf.
Kabutops lost 33% of its health.
---
Fuzznip wins!

Code:
Brand New Eyes has entered the room.
---
Raikou used Calm Mind.
---
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 95% of its health.
It's super effective!
Raikou lost 89% of its health.
---
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Raikou's attack!
Hitmontop lost 42% of its health.
Raikou lost 1% of its health.
---
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
---
Uxie used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
Moltres used Substitute.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Moltres used Toxic.
Kabutops was badly poisoned!
Kabutops lost 6% of its health.
---
Kabutops used Aqua Jet.
It's super effective!
Moltres used Substitute.
---
Kabutops used Aqua Jet.
It's super effective!
Moltres used Substitute.
Kabutops lost 18% of its health.
---
Kabutops used Aqua Jet.
It's super effective!
Moltres used Substitute.
Kabutops lost 24% of its health.
---
Kabutops used Aqua Jet.
It's super effective!
Moltres used Substitute.
Kabutops lost 27% of its health.
---
Gorebyss used Surf.
It's super effective!
Moltres used Roost.
---
The rain stopped.
---
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Lanturn's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Hitmontop.
Hitmontop became confused!
---
Hitmontop is confused!
Hitmontop blew away the pointed stones!
Lanturn lost 9% of its health.
Lanturn used Thunder.
Hitmontop lost 45% of its health.
Hitmontop is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Lanturn used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
---
Cradily became confused!
Cradily is confused!
Cradily lost 7% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn's attack missed!
Cradily snapped out of confusion!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 61% of its health.
Cradily restored 1% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
A critical hit!
Cradily lost 88% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 17% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
Slowking lost 39% of its health.
---
Slowking used Slack Off.
Slowking restored 39% of its health.
---
Ludicolo used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Slowking lost 79% of its health.
Ludicolo is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Ludicolo used Seed Bomb.
Cradily lost 18% of its health.
The rain stopped.
---
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Ludicolo's attack!
Hitmontop is paralysed! It can't move!
---
Brand New Eyes has left the room.
Uxie used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
---
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
Uxie makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Nidoqueen's attack missed!
---
Uxie used Heal Bell.
---
Uxie used Heal Bell.
---
Uxie used Heal Bell.
---
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
But it failed!
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Nidoqueen lost 5% of its health.
Gorebyss was poisoned!
Gorebyss was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Nidoqueen's Poison Point poisoned Uxie!
Gorebyss lost 41% of its health.
aristocrap's Gorebyss fainted.
---
Ludicolo was poisoned!
Ludicolo was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Ludicolo's attack!
Ludicolo used Waterfall.
Hitmontop lost 26% of its health.
Fuzznip's Hitmontop fainted.
The rain stopped.
Ludicolo is hurt by poison!
---
Fuzznip switched in Spiritomb (lvl 100 Spiritomb ?).
Pointed stones dug into Spiritomb.
Spiritomb lost 12% of its health.
Ludicolo used Ice Punch.
Spiritomb used Dark Pulse.
Ludicolo lost 24% of its health.
Spiritomb's leftovers restored its health a little!
Spiritomb restored 6% of its health.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Spiritomb lost 9% of its health.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 35% of its health.
Uxie is hurt by poison!
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Spiritomb lost 11% of its health.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 15% of its health.
aristocrap's Uxie fainted.
Fuzznip wins!

Code:
aristocrap sent out Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
Froslass used Taunt.
Moltres fell for the taunt!
---
aristocrap switched in Chansey (lvl 100 Chansey ?).
Chansey lost 13% of its health.
---
Chansey used Stealth Rock.
---
aristocrap switched in Froslass (lvl 100 Froslass ?).
---
Froslass used Spikes.
Cradily used Rock Slide.
It's super effective!
Froslass lost 72% of its health.
---
Froslass used Spikes.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Froslass lost 28% of its health.
aristocrap's Froslass fainted.
---
aristocrap switched in Hitmontop (lvl 100 Hitmontop ?).
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Cradily's attack!
Slowking was hurt by Spikes!
Slowking lost 19% of its health.
---
Slowking used Psychic.
Raikou lost 23% of its health.
Raikou's leftovers restored its health a little!
Raikou restored 6% of its health.
---
Nidoqueen was hurt by Spikes!
Nidoqueen lost 19% of its health.
Raikou used Roar.
Slowking was hurt by Spikes!
Slowking lost 19% of its health.
---
Cradily was hurt by Spikes!
Raikou used Roar.
But it failed!
---
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
Cradily lost 13% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 20% of its health.
---
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 22% of its health.
---
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
Cradily is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 21% of its health.
---
Raikou used Rest.
Raikou fell asleep!
Raikou restored 63% of its health.
Cradily used Recover.
Cradily restored 47% of its health.
---
Raikou is fast asleep!
Raikou used Sleep Talk.
Raikou used Rest.
But it failed!
Cradily is paralysed! It can't move!
---
Raikou is fast asleep!
Raikou used Sleep Talk.
Raikou used Rest.
But it failed!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
---
Raikou woke up!
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
---
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
---
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
---
aristocrap switched in Rotom (lvl 100 Rotom).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom.
Rotom lost 12% of its health.
Cradily used Rock Slide.
Rotom lost 39% of its health.
---
zapdos_test has entered the room.
Rotom used Trick.
Rotom obtained Leftovers!
Cradily obtained Choice Scarf!
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Rotom lost 40% of its health.
Rotom's leftovers restored its health a little!
Rotom restored 6% of its health.
---
aristocrap switched in Chansey (lvl 100 Chansey ?).
Pointed stones dug into Chansey.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Chansey lost 26% of its health.
---
Chansey used Seismic Toss.
Cradily lost 27% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Chansey lost 24% of its health.
---
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Chansey's attack!
Hitmontop was hurt by Spikes!
Chansey used Softboiled.
Chansey restored 50% of its health.
Chansey restored 1% of its health.
---
aristocrap switched in Rotom (lvl 100 Rotom).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom.
Rotom lost 12% of its health.
Rotom's leftovers restored its health a little!
Rotom restored 6% of its health.
---
Rotom used Thunderbolt.
Hitmontop lost 44% of its health.
Hitmontop is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Hitmontop blew away the spikes!
Rotom lost 8% of its health.
aristocrap's Rotom fainted.
---
aristocrap switched in Moltres (lvl 100 Moltres).
Moltres used Hidden Power.
Cradily lost 22% of its health.
Moltres lost 10% of its health.
---
Moltres used Fire Blast.
Cradily lost 37% of its health.
Moltres lost 10% of its health.
---

Code:
Gunmetal Action sent out Kabutops (lvl 100 Kabutops ?).
Kabutops used Stealth Rock.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Kabutops lost 100% of its health.
Kabutops hung on using its Focus Sash!
---
Kabutops used Stone Edge.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Kabutops lost 0% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Kabutops fainted.
---
Gunmetal Action switched in Hitmonlee (lvl 100 Hitmonlee ?).
Hitmonlee used Close Combat.
---
Gunmetal Action switched in Raikou (lvl 100 Raikou).
Spiritomb used Calm Mind.
Spiritomb's special attack was raised.
Spiritomb's special defence was raised.
---
Raikou used Calm Mind.
---
Gunmetal Action switched in Torterra (lvl 100 Torterra ?).
Torterra lost 15% of its health.
---
Hitmontop's Intimidate cut Torterra's attack!
Torterra used Rock Polish.
Torterra's speed was sharply raised.
---
Torterra used Wood Hammer.
Hitmontop lost 62% of its health.
Torterra was hit by recoil!
Torterra lost 18% of its health.
Torterra lost 10% of its health.
Torterra lost 5% of its health.
---
Torterra used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Moltres...
---
Torterra used Stone Edge.
Torterra's attack missed!
---
Gunmetal Action switched in Altaria (lvl 100 Altaria ?).
Altaria lost 33% of its health.
---
Altaria used Dragon Dance.
Altaria's attack was raised.
Altaria's speed was raised.
---
Altaria used Outrage.
Altaria went on a rampage!
Cradily lost 66% of its health.
Altaria lost 10% of its health.
Cradily used Rock Slide.
It's super effective!
Altaria lost 57% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Altaria fainted.
---
Raikou used Thunderbolt.
---
Torterra lost 14% of its health.
---
Moltres lost 14% of its health.
Torterra lost 5% of its health.
---
It's super effective!
Torterra lost 23% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Torterra fainted.
---
Gunmetal Action switched in Clefable (lvl 100 Clefable ?).
---
Clefable used Grass Knot.
Nidoqueen lost 21% of its health.
---
Clefable used Double-edge.
Nidoqueen lost 35% of its health.
Clefable was hit by recoil!
Nidoqueen's Poison Point poisoned Clefable!
Clefable is hurt by poison!
---
---
Gunmetal Action has left the room.
Fuzznip wins!

Code:
Gunmetal Action sent out Kabutops (lvl 100 Kabutops ?).
POKEMANS MASTER has entered the room.
Kabutops used Stealth Rock.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Kabutops lost 100% of its health.
Kabutops hung on using its Focus Sash!
---
Kabutops used Stone Edge.
Cradily lost 43% of its health.
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Kabutops lost 0% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Kabutops fainted.
---
Hitmonlee used Stone Edge.
Nidoqueen lost 17% of its health.
Hitmonlee lost 10% of its health.
---
---
Raikou was poisoned!
Raikou was poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
---
Gunmetal Action switched in Altaria (lvl 100 Altaria ?).
It doesn't affect Altaria...
Nidoqueen restored 4% of its health.
---
Altaria used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Nidoqueen lost 50% of its health.
Altaria lost 10% of its health.
Nidoqueen used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Altaria lost 90% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Altaria fainted.
---
Clefable was badly poisoned!
Clefable was badly poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Clefable used Fire Blast.
Spiritomb lost 38% of its health.
---
Clefable's attack missed!
---
Torterra was badly poisoned!
Torterra was badly poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Torterra is hurt by poison!
Torterra lost 6% of its health.
---
Torterra used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Fuzznip's Moltres fainted.
Torterra is hurt by poison!
Torterra lost 12% of its health.
---
Hitmontop lost 60% of its health.
Torterra lost 17% of its health.
Torterra lost 45% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Torterra fainted.
---
Raikou lost 35% of its health.
Hitmontop lost 40% of its health.
Fuzznip's Hitmontop fainted.
---
It's super effective!
Cradily lost 43% of its health.
Cradily used Recover.
Cradily restored 50% of its health.
---
Hitmonlee was badly poisoned!
Hitmonlee was badly poisoned by the Toxic Spikes!
Cradily used Recover.
Cradily restored 36% of its health.
Hitmonlee is hurt by poison!
Hitmonlee lost 6% of its health.
---
Hitmonlee used Blaze Kick.
Slowking lost 18% of its health.
Hitmonlee lost 12% of its health.
---
Slowking used Surf.
Clefable lost 34% of its health.
---
Slowking lost 49% of its health.
Clefable was hit by recoil!
Slowking used Surf.
Clefable lost 37% of its health.
---
Clefable used Softboiled.
Clefable restored 50% of its health.
---
Cradily used Seed Bomb.
Raikou lost 8% of its health.
Gunmetal Action's Raikou fainted.
---
POKEMANS MASTER has left the room.
Hitmonlee used Close Combat.
Hitmonlee lost 6% of its health.
---
Hitmonlee used Stone Edge.
Spiritomb lost 33% of its health.
Spiritomb used Rest.
Spiritomb fell asleep!
Spiritomb restored 71% of its health.
Hitmonlee lost 12% of its health.
---
Spiritomb is fast asleep!
Spiritomb used Sleep Talk.
Spiritomb used Rest.
But it failed!
---
Spiritomb lost 39% of its health.
Spiritomb is fast asleep!
Spiritomb used Sleep Talk.
Spiritomb used Rest.
But it failed!
---
Clefable used Softboiled.
Clefable restored 21% of its health.
Spiritomb woke up!
---
Spiritomb lost 27% of its health.
---
Clefable used Grass Knot.
Spiritomb lost 14% of its health.
Spiritomb used Rest.
Spiritomb fell asleep!
Spiritomb restored 62% of its health.
---
Gunmetal Action has left the room.
Fuzznip wins!

As you can see based on the logs, this Cradily is not as bad as you guys are thinking. It's really helped me out in situations where I'm about to be swept by Swellow or Dragon Dance Altaria. I wouldn't be posting this set if I didn't think it worked. It does work.

Also, I'm a bit concerned if I try out the new offensive spread. I lose out on a ton of overall bulk and I won't be able to take on the Pokemon that I would have been able to. I'll still try it out I guess and see what comes of it. I will also try out Cradily on the special side to see if its works better than the physical side. Thanks.

Ok, I tried out franky's suggestion of an offensive lead and it is actually really effective. I was rather shocked at its ability to hit surprisingly hard and threaten a lot of leads! It's also a pretty good late-game sweeper by alternating between attacking and Recover (especially since the opposing team will be relatively weakened). With that said, I have revamped the set and rewrote bits of the commentary to reflect the new changes. I may need to add a few more team options, but my brain is malfunctioning right now so I'll add some tomorrow. :)

Thank you franky for the suggestion, kudos to you!

I would like some more comments now about the set and if I should really add Rock Slide and Earthquake slashes in Stone Edge and Recover, respectively. I don't really like the idea of that, though, but if anyone really objects to their removals, speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)