Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah Substitute would be a lot better than FB, since you send it out on a pokemon you force out, sub, and sub down until you get the boost, and then you have a better chance at sweep if you the sub up. At 55 base speed, you just fail to out a lot of important pokemon, so I would try a bulkier set with sub to see if may be your sub won't get broken by a attack, but it would be so slow that it would be a deadweight

I think Zen Mode should be ditched. Gamefreak killed it, pretty much. Sure, someone could find a set, but I really don't find it as effective as I had hoped (unless it's bulky Trick Room).

Here's a Mew set I've been using in OU for awhile that I find to be effective(probably partly due to it being unexpected)

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Can take most special hits for days, quickly becomes a beast defensively too. Drain Punch is for psuedo recovery, sucker punch for priority, and Zen Headbutt for STAB.

What do you guys think?

haunter

Banned deucer.
I believe Ojama used to use a similar set but with fire punch over zen headbutt to kill Ferrothorn, Forretress and most importantly, Scizor, that otherwise can easily take the drain punch and obliterate you with CB u-turn.

Item focus sash
Anti hazard lead
movesets:
Spore
Spikes/ toxic spikes
Magic coat
Destiny bond

Assuming if your opponent is a slow stealth rock lead, let smeargle use magic coat to bounce the stealth rock back to the opponent field. later, put it to sleep by using spore and then use either use destiny bond to scare it off to reset sleep turns or take the opportunity to lay up spikes or toxic spikes.

Assuming if your opponent is a fast stealth rock lead, one can use magic coat to bounce off SR then punish it with spore, since, smeargle cannot be OHKO due to focus sash.

However, if your opponent is not a SR lead like choice scarf Rotom-W, you can switch smeargle out, which could be useful in the long run as you can definately put something to sleep assuming entry hazards are not up to break the focus sash, which could be helpful if one is facing difficulty handling the pokemon.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Rest

After Tyranitar is dead, this thing can be deadly

Evs outspeed Scizor

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Rest

After Tyranitar is dead, this thing can be deadly
Hydreigon pretty much walls the set too, actually, and even Scrafty can be decent if it is the Bulk up variant. (Dragon Dance = Style Points)

All in all, Hydreigon can take a hit and hit back hard in return, unless you have, like, three or four boosts under you. This is to say, Hydreigon is less common.

That right there draws the point of how common Latios is, and to a lesser extent Latias, which do the same as Hydreigon but aren't Super Effective but take your hits. You could get into a Calm Mind war, but you aren't very effective, and have to rely on rest. They have recover.

Heatran, oh my. Heatran gets the boost from Hidden Power Fire, takes Psychics, and Roars you out. It's probably the biggest of the walls to this set, simply because it can phaze you with ease.
Saying this, it's not really uncommon for a team to run Tyranitar and either Heatran, Latios, or both.

In the current Ou metagame, this set wouldn't work to it's fullest extent.

By the way: you must comment on the set above you, according to the rules.

Edit:

Item focus sash
Anti hazard lead
movesets:
Spore
Spikes/ toxic spikes
Magic coat
Destiny bond
To be honest, I don't see this as being good. Maybe the Destiny Bond is pretty cool to see, but all else is meh. Spikes/Spore is sort of standard (Disregarding the SmashPash ultimate standard), and Magic Coat isn't reliable enough. What if your opponent knows what they are doing, and attacks/uses sub on Smeargle? Subleading Ninetales would certainly have no problems. Tyranitar can easily take you down to your sash, and let sandstorm kill you. Abomasnow will do the same, but can also sub up on you. If they see you have destiny bond, they can Leech Seed from there. That just leaves Politoed, who doesn't carry rocks anyway and will be left in as possible sleep fodder/will switch into a better person to take a sleep.

That's just weather leads; standard leads can also be problematic. A lot of leads use substitute, and Heatran dont afraid of Smeargle. What do you do against a team with Espeon? Risk Spore/Spikes? (I dunno how Destiny Bond works with the bouncing).

All in all, I always found sturdier Spike Setters/Make that guy sleep pokemon were better to set up, while Smeargle is merely there to baton pass, or just get in the way of the opposing team because it is frail and will only do one thing before death (SmashPass is still good, mind you).

Lastly: Evs are missing. Lolminorbutstill.

Hydreigon pretty much walls the set too, actually, and even Scrafty can be decent if it is the Bulk up variant. (Dragon Dance = Style Points)

All in all, Hydreigon can take a hit and hit back hard in return, unless you have, like, three or four boosts under you. This is to say, Hydreigon is less common.

That right there draws the point of how common Latios is, and to a lesser extent Latias, which do the same as Hydreigon but aren't Super Effective but take your hits. You could get into a Calm Mind war, but you aren't very effective, and have to rely on rest. They have recover.

Heatran, oh my. Heatran gets the boost from Hidden Power Fire, takes Psychics, and Roars you out. It's probably the biggest of the walls to this set, simply because it can phaze you with ease.
Saying this, it's not really uncommon for a team to run Tyranitar and either Heatran, Latios, or both.

In the current Ou metagame, this set wouldn't work to it's fullest extent.

By the way: you must comment on the set above you, according to the rules.

Edit:

To be honest, I don't see this as being good. Maybe the Destiny Bond is pretty cool to see, but all else is meh. Spikes/Spore is sort of standard (Disregarding the SmashPash ultimate standard), and Magic Coat isn't reliable enough. What if your opponent knows what they are doing, and attacks/uses sub on Smeargle? Subleading Ninetales would certainly have no problems. Tyranitar can easily take you down to your sash, and let sandstorm kill you. Abomasnow will do the same, but can also sub up on you. If they see you have destiny bond, they can Leech Seed from there. That just leaves Politoed, who doesn't carry rocks anyway and will be left in as possible sleep fodder/will switch into a better person to take a sleep.

That's just weather leads; standard leads can also be problematic. A lot of leads use substitute, and Heatran dont afraid of Smeargle. What do you do against a team with Espeon? Risk Spore/Spikes? (I dunno how Destiny Bond works with the bouncing).

All in all, I always found sturdier Spike Setters/Make that guy sleep pokemon were better to set up, while Smeargle is merely there to baton pass, or just get in the way of the opposing team because it is frail and will only do one thing before death (SmashPass is still good, mind you).

Lastly: Evs are missing. Lolminorbutstill.
I just realised that i forgot the about the evs and nature the nature should be Jolly and 252 evs on speed

For the case of tyranitar, smeargle could spore and use destiny bond to scare it off as the sash is broken after the first turn or he could make use of the opportunity to lay up spikes.

I have not seen much Sub leads but overall, if it is something that smeargle could not counter, he could switch out then start setting up hazards later.

As I said; setting up Spikes could work with it. But, after that, if a Pokemon is already asleep and Smeargle has taken damage, it becomes deadweight from there on the team. And, if it switches out into rocks, the sash is broken :p

I am very biased against Smeargle with spikes, because I can never think of a way it supports the team that, say, Ferrothorn couldn't beyond Spore. I will go back on what I said, now, and say that Destiny Bond is actually pretty cool here. I can see it working out if you are fast enough/your sash has yet to be broken.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah, a lot of smeargle's viability depends on doing things not many other pokemon can- Spore, Shell Smash, and Baton Pass. If you go into the idea of Magic Coat and Spikes, well then it becomes really outclassed by other pokemon. Set up sweepers are especially problematic for you; though if you keep your sash you might be able to take them down with you, but that's sketchy (ba dum tss) Most of the time, Baton Pass is what Smeargle does best.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since I apparently have to comment on the above set before I can contribute something:

Smeargle might work ok, but I find it quite difficult to justify over Deoxys-D, which I think will net me more layers of hazards on average. With Breloom everywhere, people might also be better prepared for Sleep moves than before.

OK here's a set for you guys. I can't test it yet because PS doesn't have one of the required moves implemented for some reason. As far as I can tell it is available from move tutors.

Genesect @ Choice Band
Download
252 Atk/4 Sp Atk/252 Spe
Naughty / Adamant
-U-turn
-Iron Head
-Shadow Claw / Flamethrower / Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Ice Beam

If you are lucky enough to get an attack boost from Download, this thing has by far the most powerful U-turn in the game, and even without has power comparable to that of Scizor. We all know how strong a strategy Volt-Turn is, and this guy should fit in just fine. Genesect might lack Bullet Punch, but all of its moves hit with far superior Speed, making it sufficiently different in my opinion. Also, unlike with Scizor, the sheer power of U-turn is likely to come as a real surprise, decimating unsuspecting Special walls. Iron Head is there for power and a little bit of extra coverage. The last two moves are basically just filler. Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are all still respectable in their power, and can help to hit pokemon like Skarmory, which would otherwise wall you. They can be very helpful if the opponent notices that Genesect is Choice Banded.

The bad news is this sets poor coverage from its physical moves. Its only other options are Quick Attack, Return, Explosion and Gunk Shot, none of which offers much at all. It really does just spam U-turn. But it should do a damn good job of it.

That looks interesting, and it should be fairly effective. My only suggestion would be to make Thunderbolt the main slash for the third move, since that provides it with a way to power past Skarmory (guaranteed 2HKO without the Download boost, even with an Adamant Nature) and Gyarados, and Shadow Claw will only hit Jellicent, really. Admittedly, it's a 2HKO with Download, but Thunderbolt with Download is also a 2HKO. The fourth move definitely deserves a slash for Sleep Talk, since it turns Genesect into a fairly safe switch into Amoongus and Breloom. Also makes him a all-around sleep absorber.

Edit: Actually, reading the BW2 Changes, Genesect also seems to get Zen Headbutt, which is a neat move to hit Fighting and Poison types better.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
As much as I hate Zen Headbutt as a move, I think it might be a good option. OHKOing Tentacruel, Keldeo, Amoonguss, Infernape, offensive Volcarona, Lucario, and Conkeldurr after a download boost is certainly neat.

I'd probably revise the set to:

- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

Flamethrower is probably better than Thunderbolt outside of rain, since it also roasts Scizor, Forretress, and opposing Genesect. Gyarados is a rarity at the moment, so I don't think it's worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)