Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not creative per say, as both made it through QC and are on their way online, but these two work together so well, it's worth a mention.

Lv.1 Solosis @ Focus Sash
Magic Guard

Brave
252 Attack, 0 Speed IV

Trick Room
Endeavor
Light Screen/Protect
Reflect/Toxic

FEAR Solosis, Magic Guard and Focus Sash guarantees taking a hit, then Trick Room lets you outspeed everything up to...Ferrothorn, which is good. At this point you Endeavor to bring something close to death, then you die or set-up a screen in time.

By itself, it can stop essentially any sweep. Scarf-Mence dies, Gyarados dies, Terrakion dies, Volcarona dies. Only priority sweepers will make it out unscathed, and even then, you'll get up Stealth Rock. But it gets really amazing when you pair it up with:

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Analytic

Modest
204 HP/252 S. Atk/52 Spe

Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
HP Ice
Flash Cannon

This thing is amazing. Because of Analytic and its slow speed, it'll cleanly KO Dragonite through Multi-Scale, do upward of 90% to Defensive Rotom-W with Volt Switch, and generally wreak havoc. Offensive Celebi can be 2hko'd by Volt switch too.

The best way to play it is to use Magnezone early on to scout and break the opponent's walls. Late game, Solosis can come in, set-up Trick Room while stopping a sweep, and let Magnezone go from a slow but insanely powerful tank, to a very fast, bulky, but still very strong sweeper (Specs and 130 base S. Atk). By this point, you should have eliminated Ground types, so you can just spam either Flash Cannon or Thunderbolt.

I mostly use this in UU where there are less steels and dragons to compete with, but I think this could work in OU with the abundance of drizzle teams and the proper team support to remove those pesky steel types.

Name: Block, Dance, Block, Dance, Sweep
Move 1: Protect
Move 2: Dragon Dance
Move 3: Outrage
Move 4: Disable
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
Item: Lum Berry
EV's: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe

Since I learned Kingdra gets Disable I've been trying to incorporate it into a set. I ended up taking a page from sub+disable Gengar's book to make this set. The basic idea is thanks to Kingdra's typing there's only one type that hits it for super effective damage and only a few neutral attacks that do a lot of damage. With that in mind, this set allows Kingdra to scout those attacks and status moves out with Protect then block them the next turn with Disable due to it's superb speed in the rain. From there your opponent either switches or stays in to use weaker attacks that Kingdra can easily sponge. Either way you get a free turn/s to set up Dragon Dance. If they do switch, just block them again. Makes it real easy to get a DD or two in, which means you won't have to worry about keeping the rain up to boost Kingdra's speed.

You could run Substitute over Protect for a more permanent solution for status moves, but then you wouldn't be able to block and disable phazing moves like Roar and Whirlwind, and taking out a fourth of Kingdra's Hp to block a powerful attack will only make it harder for it to withstand other weaker attacks later. The Lum Berry is to heal any status's that make it through and has the added bonus of keeping the confusion from Outrage from interrupting your sweep if it doesn't get used. The Speed EV's allow Kingdra to outspeed scarfed base 110 speeds in the rain, which, along with other choice sets, are completely shutdown by this set. However, if you're not so worried about scarfed 110's you can put more of those EV's towards Kingdra's Hp to get in more DD's. Full attack EV's of course to maximize Kingdra's attack, requiring fewer DD's to threaten Steel types. The set can be countered by said Steels, but it can also face some problems if your opponent gets wise to it and either uses the turn you use Protect to throw up a sub, set up, or use a weaker attack that is pointless to disable, then phazing you out. This makes it very important to move fast to stack those Dragon Dances and start your sweep before your foe undoes all your hard work.

Funny that the guy above me posted a Kingdra set too. Seems interesting, although I'm not sure I understand the merits of it over ChestoRest, since it basically accomplishes the same thing without having to go mono-attack. Anyways, onto my set:

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage

When I checked Kingdra's analysis, I was surprised there wasn't a Double Dance set on-site. What I like about this is that it allows you to get around some weaknesses of using one boosting move on it's own. Dragon Dance sets have trouble with revenge killers, but now you can outspeed most of them after a Rain Dance. Rain Dance often has trouble with bulky Waters and Abomasnow, which can be dealt with by a DD or two, depending on the situation. Of course the downside is that you basically can't beat any Steel type. But every Kingdra set except the Mixed DD needs at least some sort of Steel check anyway, and between Magnezone and/or a Fire type such as Heatran or Infernape, they can be checked fairly simply.

The EVs are pretty straight forward, enough speed to outpace Scarf Landorus after a Rain Dance, although this can be tweaked to beat Scarfed base 100's, 108's, or 110's. Max attack for obvious reasons, and the rest is for bulk.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Trait: Static
EVs: 4 Def 252 Atk 252 Spd
- Focus punch
- Volt Tackle
- Substitute
- Encore

Basically Sub pikachu in against a tank encore it sub and sweep. Or baton pass a sub to pikachu

Funny that the guy above me posted a Kingdra set too. Seems interesting, although I'm not sure I understand the merits of it over ChestoRest, since it basically accomplishes the same thing without having to go mono-attack.
It isn't stopped by Taunt, shuts down any and all choice users, stops phazers and sets up in their face, and can set up on other dragons before finishing them off. It's also obscure enough to catch people off guard. If they're expecting ChestoRest they might throw their strongest attacks at Kingdra to KO it, try to Taunt it, phaze it, or otherwise stop Kingdra from setting up or healing off damage. Taking advantage of their rush to act, Disable Kingdra puts a halt to that and sets up a couple of DD's with little damage taken while they come up a plan B, something that could be difficult for them late game. The downside is it's not as bulky and is more rain reliant than ChestoRest.

On the topic of Gyarados:

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Great for spreading paralysis/toying with the opponent and can sweep when played right with a bit of luck. Gyarados is great at forcing switches when it comes in, so it's not hard to get behind a sub early on. Then you can start paralysing stuff. Grounds aren't safe because you've got a max attack Waterfall to hit them with, which will just make you stronger due to Moxie. The combination of Moxie and Thunder Wave emulates Dragon Dance, with the benefits of crippling the opponent's team and allowing you to force full paralysis with Substitute if needed and the obvious disadvantage of only being faster when you're up against a paralysed Pokémon. Stone Edge is, as always, there for coverage and can be replaced by a different coverage move of your choice.

If you've spread enough paralysis and got a Moxie boost or two, you can sweep at pretty much any point in the game. Best played with Wish support (Jirachi in particular) and in rain, because repeated HP cuts from Substitute hurt Gyarados a lot, especially without Leftovers recovery. EVs are for maximum power and maximum Leftovers recovery - tweak them if you like.

My victreebel set

Set Name: Doom Bell
Victreebel@leftovers
Ability: chlorophyll
Evs: 200 hp/110 attack/200 defense
Nature: Adamant
-seed bomb-
-body slam-
-sucker punch-
-sleep powder-

The purpose of this set is to catch your opponent off gaurd by them predicting sleep powder and switching into a 2 times or even 4 times effective seed bomb, or them switching into a frail pokemon and then, it getting KOed by seed bomb. Body slam is there for parahax. Sucker punch is to outspeed haxorus, who has atrocious defensive stats, and if done right, OHKOs it. Sleep powder, you know it's there for obvious reasons; staple. I have tested this set out, as well as all the strategies above, and it is a beast if done right! It can wreck teams, stops setup, and sometimes sweep! It can even do well on a sun team because of chlorophyll.

On the topic of Gyarados:

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute

Great for spreading paralysis/toying with the opponent and can sweep when played right with a bit of luck. Gyarados is great at forcing switches when it comes in, so it's not hard to get behind a sub early on. Then you can start paralysing stuff. Grounds aren't safe because you've got a max attack Waterfall to hit them with, which will just make you stronger due to Moxie. The combination of Moxie and Thunder Wave emulates Dragon Dance, with the benefits of crippling the opponent's team and allowing you to force full paralysis with Substitute if needed and the obvious disadvantage of only being faster when you're up against a paralysed Pokémon. Stone Edge is, as always, there for coverage and can be replaced by a different coverage move of your choice.

If you've spread enough paralysis and got a Moxie boost or two, you can sweep at pretty much any point in the game. Best played with Wish support (Jirachi in particular) and in rain, because repeated HP cuts from Substitute hurt Gyarados a lot, especially without Leftovers recovery. EVs are for maximum power and maximum Leftovers recovery - tweak them if you like.
(this comes before my victreebel set, forgot to post review before set) yes, pardon me, I forgot to review. It seems like a really good set, I will have to try it out sometime. (Also the post titled ''My victreebel set'' is the one you should be editing.)

tehy

Banned deucer.
The victreebel set doesn't really make that much sense. What does it have over, like, breloom or venusaur? It's basically just surprise and sucker punch. Also, body slam doesn't make all that much sense.Just give it stun spore if you really want paralysis, because body slam really isn't powerful enough to be worth it.

You're also not that bulky, despite all the bulk evs, and not that powerful, lacking attack evs. That is just kind of fail in kind of every way, please explain why it's not?

It isn't stopped by Taunt, shuts down any and all choice users, stops phazers and sets up in their face, and can set up on other dragons before finishing them off. It's also obscure enough to catch people off guard. If they're expecting ChestoRest they might throw their strongest attacks at Kingdra to KO it, try to Taunt it, phaze it, or otherwise stop Kingdra from setting up or healing off damage. Taking advantage of their rush to act, Disable Kingdra puts a halt to that and sets up a couple of DD's with little damage taken while they come up a plan B, something that could be difficult for them late game. The downside is it's not as bulky and is more rain reliant than ChestoRest.
Skarmory and Prankster user are exceptions to stopping Taunt and phazing, but in general I see that this is an advantage over ChestoRest. I will also grant you that it beats Choice users better. The main problem I have with what you've said is that beating Dragons is VERY conditional. Like you've said, this set is Rain dependent, but I don't think you realize the extent. This is a problem for your set because Dragons are almost never used on Rain teams. Latios and Hydreigon maybe, and even then both commonly run other coverage moves that can 2HKO Kingdra (Hydreigon's Mixed set even has 2 Dragon moves with which to 1HKO).

What's worse, the Mixed Dragon Dance set can beat Taunt users and phazers too, with better coverage (Beats Sableye with Lum, hits basically all phazers super effectively). So basically, all your set has is the ability to beat Choice Specs (Scarf will still outspeed and KO) users better, which isn't very good when you consider everything it has going against it.

EDIT: And @above Victreebel set, that's basically the all-out mixed set with less coverage and moves that don't make much sense. Basically, Seed Bomb over Power Whip/Leaf Blade, and Body Sucker Punch on a very fast sweeper (btw using Victreebel on a Sun team is literally the only reason to use it in OU).

The victreebel set doesn't really make that much sense. What does it have over, like, breloom or venusaur? It's basically just surprise and sucker punch. Also, body slam doesn't make all that much sense.Just give it stun spore if you really want paralysis, because body slam really isn't powerful enough to be worth it.

You're also not that bulky, despite all the bulk evs, and not that powerful, lacking attack evs. That is just kind of fail in kind of every way, please explain why it's not?
Thanks for the input, and the reason its not ALL fail is because, for one; mine has 351 Hp and 300 Attack, so it can stay alive and pack a decent punch before it goes down. point two; body slam is free neutral damage to most types, and it gets the paralyze every time I use it. point three; if someone gets too overconfident in themselves and sets up on it, (with spikes or stealth rocks) they get hit VERY hard by an attacking move. It is kind of a fail in most aspects(on a non-weather team), but on a sun team its 175 base speed doubles, making it 350, making it able to outspeed most of the stuff in the NU, UU, and OU metagames, so I guess it's more useful on a sun team, but it does give the element of suprise, and that's always nice. But those are just my thoughts on it.

P.S.: please be easy on me, I'm fairly new to 5th gen wifi battles(just finished doing 4th gen and decided to ''get with the times'', and I must say I like 5th gen), so please tell me how I can improve this set based on your thoughts and revisions of it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
point two; body slam is free neutral damage to most types, and it gets the paralyze every time I use it.
There really isn't much that cares about an 85 power move with no STAB or super effective coverage, especially with less than fully invested Attack. Also it has a 30% paralyze rate, you've just been lucky (or suffering confirmation bias).

Deoxys-D @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Hp, 48 SpA , 208 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost

Im pretty new, so im not sure how creative this is, but I didn't see it on the entry for Deoxys-D. I use this thing as a lead. Trick works awesomely for Deoxys, as he can usually go first and catch the opponent's lead in the process of setting up. This usually leads to a switch, which is the ideal opportunity for deoxys to set up his own hazards. By the time the process is over, hazards are up and one of the opponent's Pokemon is crippled throughout the game.

Cool Deo-D set, Balance. Do the 48 SpA EVs do anything in particular? You could potentially put them in a defensive stat to help set another layer of hazards.

This is a set I thought of when I saw DrunkDemon's mention of mixed Dragon Dance:

Dragonite @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD) / Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Waterfall / Aqua Tail

I'm not sure how original or creative this is, but I thought it was pretty nifty. Slashes are in no particular order. Dragon Dance has some merits over Agility on a set like this, allowing for much stronger mixed attacking. Fully invested +nature Special Attack lets Hurricane and Thunder hit as hard as possible. Special walls don't care too much about those moves, which is where the Water move of choice comes in. 4 Atk +1 rain-boosted Aqua Tail has the power to 2HKO Jirachi and Blissey, much like the LO 252 Atk set on-site except without Life Orb, but only has 90% accuracy and lacks a flinch chance, which can be abused more readily on a Speed boosting set than on the on-site rain Mixed Attacker set. Of course, Life Orb boosts Waterfall's power to the point where it is probably more consistently adequate. More investment in Attack could be worth it, I'm not too sure. Nature choice depends on which you want to take better: priority or most Water/Grass moves.
The main draw to this is the speed factor, since it has roughly the same power with a single boost that the on-site set does with none. It operates more like a mixed sweeper than a wallbreaker.

EDIT: lol, I typed that up and checked to make sure I wasn't ninja'd and it was surprisingly very similarly worded and I just noticed. I thought of something else as well:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (not too sure on this)
IVs: 0 Def, 0 SpD
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def) / Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Guard Split
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

The uses of this over something else are dubious at best, but it could be cool to screw around with defensive Pokemon. This is pretty much the only application of Guard Split ever: minimize the defenses of Alakazam, which has shitty defensive stats to begin with, then try to hit a wall or something with Guard Split, simultaneously making yourself bulkier and the opponent frailer. Recover helps you stick around with your newfound bulk, and the two attacking moves are poised to take advantage of taking a bunch of either defensive stat. The EVs could maybe be something with a bit more HP if you want to play the bulk route more.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cool Deo-D set, Balance. Do the 48 SpA EVs do anything in particular? You could potentially put them in a defensive stat to help set another layer of hazards.

This is a set I thought of when I saw DrunkDemon's mention of mixed Dragon Dance:

Dragonite @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD) / Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
- Dragon Dance
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Waterfall / Aqua Tail

I'm not sure how original or creative this is, but I thought it was pretty nifty. Slashes are in no particular order. Dragon Dance has some merits over Agility on a set like this, allowing for much stronger mixed attacking. Fully invested +nature Special Attack lets Hurricane and Thunder hit as hard as possible. Special walls don't care too much about those moves, which is where the Water move of choice comes in. 4 Atk +1 rain-boosted Aqua Tail has the power to 2HKO Jirachi and Blissey, much like the LO 252 Atk set on-site except without Life Orb, but only has 90% accuracy and lacks a flinch chance, which can be abused more readily on a Speed boosting set than on the on-site rain Mixed Attacker set. Of course, Life Orb boosts Waterfall's power to the point where it is probably more consistently adequate. More investment in Attack could be worth it, I'm not too sure. Nature choice depends on which you want to take better: priority or most Water/Grass moves.
The main draw to this is the speed factor, since it has roughly the same power with a single boost that the on-site set does with none. It operates more like a mixed sweeper than a wallbreaker.
The set is pretty cool, but it needs to be in rain, or else it will not work very well.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 36 SAtk / 12 SDef / 216 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Magma Storm
- Metal Sound
- Substitute
- Torment

Dat Heatran. This thing plays off of TormentTran a bit, but, can trap Blissey/Chansey and KO. This goes for any wall. I'm considering playing with EVs and nature (if there's anyway I can make 101 Subs). TormentTran EVs/nature is included.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Acid Armor
- Rest
- Scald
- Wish/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Toxic

Vaporeon can work as a excellent mixed wall on rain with this set and I've won numerous battles thanks to this guy. Acid Armor is the crux of set boosting Vaporeon low Def to a good level and the 64pp will grant a victory on almost any PP war he faces. Rest works pretty well on rain granting him another live with no cost thanks to Hydration. Scald is STAB and can do a good damage on rain even without EVs on SAtk, also, the burning chance is really appreciated to cripple physical attackers or even other walls.

The last slot is filler. Wish is another way to recover health and can make Vaporeon work as Wish Passer. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball can give some coverage against some oponents, but don't really do great damage against much things. Toxic can cripple another walls like Jellicent without toxic or Blissey.

The EV spread is to maximize Vaporeon's already greats SDef and HP and giving him enough bulky to survive the special side while boosting the physical with Acid Armor.

tehy

Banned deucer.
So basically the generic hydra-rest acid armor set, except with all of its barely viable but mostly useless moves slashed in? How original.

The above alakazam set looks pretty cool as a stallbreaker, actually, as does the heatran. The d-nite set is interesting, and actually kind of scary, basically normal rain mixnite with dd over e-speed, although i feel like DD'ing on the switch allows free switches to things that can take a hit and KO back.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Latios @ Light Clay Lv. 100 -- Levitate
Nature: Timid - EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd

-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Memento
-Dragon Pulse

The one I cannot go without: dual screens are so incredibly handy, Memebto transforms any pkmn in a setup fodder (or forces it out, which means a free setup anyway), and the filler move Dragon Pulse is still powerful enough to finish off some weakened mons.

Related to that set - I've found it more useful to use Latias with her greater bulk, and Healing Wish instead of Memento. I definitely think it's better to have the extra bulk, since the offense doesn't matter much...and I prefer being able to use a sweeper early without fear of getting it status'd or too badly hurt, since I can recover later. Any thoughts/opinions?

Gengar @ Wide Lens/Big Root/Lefties Lv. 100 -- Levitate
Nature - Timid Evs: 252 SpA /252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Curse
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Sludge Wave/Shadow Ball

Lol so this set is so gimmicky and really fun to use, but relies heavily on predicting the opponent. basically, hypnosis right off the bat (aided by wise lens, if you prefer) to stop your opponent. Most opponents wont switch out because of the new sleep mechanics in B/W requiring it to stay in if it ever hopes to wake up. Next turn, curse. Now your opponent has 2 choices, either leave, and never wake up (as stated before) or die a slow death. If your opponent stays, dream eater restores Gengar's HP and makes curse kill even faster. Sludge Wave assures that the set isnt completely walled by Dark types or Insomniac/Vital Spirit users. I prefer Sludge Wave over Shadow Ball so the set isnt walled by Darks, and is slightly stronger, but S-Ball has better coverage i guess. Lefties can be used if you dont want to rely all that much on DE, and big root if you wanna rely (too!) much.With good team support (wish makes sure it doesnt need DE) and a stupid/angry/unsuspecting opponent, this set really shines, and can be even more annoying then Jirachi!

I've got one that catches a lot of physical attackers off guard and neutralizes them for the entire game.

Floatzel@Flame Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EV: 252atk/252Spe/4HP
Moves:
~Switcheroo
~Brick Break/Ice Fang
~Crunch/Brick Break
~Waterfall/Aqua Jet

Floatzel's Waterveil prevents Floatzel from getting burned, so the opponent will expect a Choice Band set (which is VERY easy to bluff) or not be able to predict the Flame Orb Switcheroo. This is viable in UU, OU or RU. Many times, I have placed a Flame Orb on a Hitmonlee, Ramphardos or Haxorus and I think my opponent looked somthing like this::chaos:

I have to give credit to the youtuber emperorznb for thinking up of this set. This has proven helpful in turning the sweep in my favour, or letting my Skarmory piss everyone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)