Creative and Underrated Sets Balanced Hackmons Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, POSTS WILL BE DELETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by The Eevee General OP stolen from ginganinja Original thread in bw from Adrian Marin
What is a new and creative, good moveset?
  • It successfully pulls off a role, and is not strictly outclassed by others.
  • It takes advantage of metagame trends.
  • It has had some success. Post replays / logs to strengthen your case.

What is an underrated, good moveset?
  • It is an existing set that for whatever reason isn't common.
  • Its use is meant to prey on specific facets of the metagame.
  • It might be able to surprise and demolish Pokemon that normally counter the usual sets, but does not become a gimmick in order to do so.
If you post a shitty gimmick, your post will be deleted and infracted, NO EXCEPTIONS.

What are some things that constitute a shitty gimmick?
  • Using a Pokemon that has no business being used in Balanced Hackmons, for the sake of using it in Balanced Hackmons
  • Movesets that are inferior and ineffective compared to existing movesets, or use an obscure move for the sake of hitting an even more obscure check or counter.
  • Movesets that are utterly impractacle or are horribly outclassed by another Pokemon.
  • This is an Balanced Hackmons thread. Don't post some Ariados set.
A shitty gimmick is not limited to the above, though. To quote Potter Stewart, "I know it when I see it."

Basically, don't be this guy:
Imposter Blissey:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers / Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 SAtk
Impish Nature
- Skill Swap
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Milk Drink / Final Gambit

Kyurem-White @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Roost / Rapid Spin

Shaymin-Sky
Type: Grass/Flying
Base Stats: 100 / 103 / 75 / 120 / 75 / 127
Abilities: Quick Feet, Flare Boost
Item: Flame Orb
Move 1: Oblivion Wing
Move 2: Tail Glow
Move 3: Ice Beam/Giga Drain/Seed Flare
Move 4: Earth Power/Blue Flare/Leech Seed/Magma Storm/Spore or Dark Void

Khonsu (Ho-Oh) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- V-create

Pixitran!
Heatran @ Earth Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Evs: Ha
Timid Nature
-Shell Smash
-Boomburst
-Judgment
-Infestation / Flash Cannon / Ice Beam / Bug Buzz / Grass Knot

This thing is awseome. Imagine mega gengar, except weaker and slower, and only 4x resisting the attacks. Oh, and with a 4x resistance to ice cube, and fairy coverage. So, it's basically a gengar that has an easier time setting up, less speed, less ability choices, and less limiting factors on the sweep. It's fourth move is up to you. Heatran has so many 4x resists, it's not funny.

Yveltal @ Sky Plate / Assault Vest
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 2hi4u
Jolly / Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Extreme Speed
-Knock Off
-Roost / U-Turn / Magma Storm
This is basically an ice cube that has less power, and knock off to hit the switches, the defensive typing to better handle gar and the twos, and better bulk for running asualt vest. It may be weaker, but it's superior stab in knock off, and defensive typing definitely make up for it.

So, I could post like 30 of these, including like 10 soundproof mons, physical PH xern (although I think crab did already, lol), and so on, but I don't have time.

Tagging Rumors and CactusCacti as they are the main posters of creative sets in the original thread.

Last edited:
Time to post my recent experiments:

Magnezone @ Earth Plate
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Thunderbolt
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam

This is basically my fuck you to Chansey leads. Trap them, set up a Shell Smash for free, and proceed to cause some serious damage to the opposing team. Even if it doesn't sweep, it at least removes Chansey for other sweepers to shine. Even if the opponent doesn't lead chansey, at +2, it's a pretty good bait for it assuming you haven't had to reveal Judgment. Tagging Piccolo Daimao as he got slightly destroyed by it

Bipen (Ampharos-Mega) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Spacial Rend
- Nuzzle
- Dragon Tail

This stroke of genius from my OG stall team was basically a panic button to wall two things that destroyed my team: Aerialate users, and PHOgre. It can be a godsend late game, and against certain sweepers can get Chansey in for free thanks to it's low speed.

I'll try to dig up some replays of both in a few

Ok ill start with the set I have been using that has been said to be absolutely terrifying to go against;

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- Soak
- Bolt Strike / Volt Tackle

- Soft-Boiled / Milk Drink / w/e
- Horn Leech / King's Shield / Filler

The idea of this set? Abuse the typing change of Protean and change the foe's typing while you change your own. Water typing is a great defensive typing to change into, and while you change your foe's typing, they lose their STABS, and other things, Bolt Strike tends to OHKO pretty much anything (Bar few of the most bulkiest mons like AggronMega) that dares to stay on MMX after Soak, if it doesnt get OHKO'd it certaintly gets 2OHKO'd.
Thing's that soak also screw up: Mega Venusaurs Black Sludge heal. Mega Gengar's imposter proofness. Ghost types in general that try to use curse. -Ate users lose stab which cuts a lot of power.
Heal move is a must have, final slot is up to user and what they want to deal with. Horn Leech is great against imposters, King's shield is good to keep -Ate users in check and abuse steel typing.

This thing does not sweep, it either single eliminates key mons or forces opponent to reveal their mons early.

Reposting some sets from a rather underappreciated post in the main thread:
(sprite from pkparaiso.com)

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Magma Storm

This is basically a combination of a set Dawn's Piplup used a while back and Flint's Scarf Kyu-W. Inspired by the mystery charizard that Mike used in the mentee tour, which was also Aerilate, (and scarfed, although I didn't know that at the time), I made this thing. Charizard-Y, while remarkably frail, can 2HKO most Pokemon in the tier with Aerilate Boomburst. The Modest nature allows it to beat out things like RegenVest Darm-Z without sacrificing outspeeding much of anything. Trick allows you to cripple a defensive Pokemon, provided it's not holding a Mega Stone, and also sabotage sweepers that rely on their items, like standard Mega Gengar. Volt Switch is for momentum, Magma Storm gives STAB and a Shedinja counter. The main wall for this in the tier is FF Aegislash; using this necessitates running one of those, or a Tyranitar of some sort. I find this set, while risky, to be an excellent wallbreaker, particularly for things that try to pass Substitutes. The one thing it really wishes it had was a way of stopping Refrigerate Kyurem-B. It also could use recovery, which is why I run Wish support on the same team. Tagging asterat because he also used it.

Various calcs (more can be added upon request but this is all for now):

Versus Offensive Pokemon:
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Mewtwo X: 600-708 (144.2 - 170.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Mewtwo Y: 264-312 (63.4 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Gengar: 310-366 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas / Yveltal: 304-358 (66.6 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Versus Defensive Pokemon:
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Darmanitan-Z: 195-229 (47.1 - 55.3%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal / Xerneas: 304-358 (66.6 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Yveltal / Xerneas: 277-327 (60.7 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 264-312 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Giratina: 241-285 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Scizor: 300-354 (87.2 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Charizard Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Scizor: 273-322 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: Here is a replay of the set doing things:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-139520203 vs Whatwasthatnoise

Last edited:
Umbral Ultimatum (Genesect-Chill) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Spiky Shield / King's Shield
- Magma Storm
- Doom Desire
- Quiver Dance / Milk Drink

This is a fun little set I use as an answer to Sacred Fire and IceKyube. Doom Desire is the main attraction of this set, as it hits like a truck and can force switches. You can trap your opponent's Pokémon on the switch with Magma Storm, which also serves as a Shedinja counter. Once you've trapped your opponent with Magma Storm, you can then Shield until DD hits. It isn't much of a sweeper, but it can take out key threats if you play it right.

Last edited:
Garchomp-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows

not many people expect when you send out a mega garchomp that its contrary. its mostly an element of surprise kinda thing

MAMP

MAMP!
Following up from Uselesscrab's post, here's an Aerilate Zard Y set that I ran to some success:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Sky Plate
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Slack Off
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

Many teams rely on a bulky Flash Fire steel to check Zard, like Aegis, Registeel, or Meggron. Most of these Pokemon can't really touch Zard Y outside of status moves, and that's where Taunt comes in. Taunt them, and then wear them down with Boomburst. Best part is, they cant even stall you out with recovery moves because of Taunt! A lot of people dont run recovery on Zard Y, but I think its really good for taking advantage of all the switches Zard forces, and helps to alleviate your Stealth Rock weakness. Zard Y also isnt very bulky, but its typing lets it check a lot of Xerneas sets, and running recovery really helps it to do that reliably.

EDIT: Reposting from the Balanced Hackmons general thread:

Something I have been using to quite some success lately is Red Card Imposter Chansey. This seems a bit odd, but in practice it is surprisingly useful. You can come in on something that is boosting up and take its boosts. Then, they will be forced out when they hit you, allowing you to sweep their team. This works best against things that are using Quiver Dance or Coil or are Contrary, as they will have defense boosts as well allowing you to tank the hit easily. Many such Pokemon wall themselves if boosted, and thus are able to PP stall regular imposters. Red Card Chansey beats these pokemon, and often results in an easy sweep. Here is a battle against Pikachuun where Red Card Chansey was very useful (skip to turn 79 if you want to see Red Card Chansey in action): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-112843149. I dont use Red Card as my only Imposter, I find that it works best alongside a standard Eviolite Chansey. Red Card Chansey messes with so many common set-up sweepers, and it's really useful in the current meta. Just be careful with the Red Card though; waste it too early and you could find yourself in trouble later on.

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Kyurem-White @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Refrigerate
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Roost / Rapid Spin

This goal of this set is to basically stack spikes while applying offensive pressure to the opponent. Kyu-W has the ability to 2HKO all common (above 10% ish usage on sets) users of Defog, Magic Bounce, and Rapid Spin (and OHKO most of them), so it is a great asset against stall teams.

Reposting from the threat list topic, with some edits, since this one seems to be my most well known invention.

Shaymin-Sky
Type: Grass/Flying
Base Stats: 100 / 103 / 75 / 120 / 75 / 127
Abilities: Quick Feet, Flare Boost
Item: Flame Orb
Move 1: Oblivion Wing
Move 2: Tail Glow
Move 3: Ice Beam/Giga Drain/Seed Flare
Move 4: Earth Power/Blue Flare/Leech Seed/Magma Storm/Spore or Dark Void

With it's already naturally high speed, only beaten by five common Pokemon in the tier, and good attacking stats, Skymin swoops into the tier as an excellent clean-up sweeper capable of dismantling a weakened team whose counters are either eliminate or are in no position to counter. By packing a Flame Orb, Skymin can choose to either outspeed the entire unboosted metagame or get a significant boost to its attack power. The residual damage may seem a little counter-intuitive to Balanced Hackmon's usual focus on recovery, but Skymin's primary choice of attack, a Tail Glow boosted Oblivion Wing, can bring it back to full from even the brink of death. Skymin's high speed, plus the sheer amount of healing a boosted Oblivion Wing grants, makes Skymin surprisingly difficult to take down despite its otherwise modest defenses.

Even if the opposing Imposters are not removed before set-up, Skymin generally doesn't fear them as they can't copy its ability boosts, can't safely switch into Oblivion Wing, and, if using Quick Feet, a Modest Skymin with only 160 Sp. Def EVs can OHKO even a full HP Imposter Eviolite Chansey with Ice Beam while still retaining enough bulk to set-up in Gengar's face. It's last move slot, or two if using Flare Boost can simply be devoted to additional STAB, such as Giga Drain or Seed Flare, coverage, such as Earth Power and Blue Flare, Shedinja-killing duties, such as Leech Seed or Magma Storm, or even abuse Skymin's status immunity with Spore or Dark Void.

Because Skymin is frail and has a number of weaknesses, you should try to save it for the later game, though don't be afraid to bring it out early if you see a safe opportunity to wreck some havoc. Its generally meant to operate on its own with little support, but something that can switch into its main weaknesses, Ice, Flying, and Fire, would be ideal, such as a Flashfire Steel type, Kyogre, or Darm-Z, among others.

Here's one I think I posted in the main thread a good while back. I've not used it in a while myself since none of my current teams synergize well with it, but I can assure you that it works.

Umbreon
Type: Dark
Base Stats: 95 / 65 / 110 / 60 / 130 / 65
Abilities: Fur Coat, Unaware, Poison Heal
Item: Leftovers, Safety Goggles, Toxic Orb
Move 1: Foul Play
Move 2: Your favorite Recover variant
Move 3: Will-o-Wisp/Sacred Fire
Move 4: Swagger, Spiky Shield, or another status/support/escape move such as D. Tail, Rapid Spin, Volt Switch, Taunt, Heal Bell etc.

Umbreon has the distinction of being the bulkiest mono-Dark type and, while Gyarados-Mega, Tyranitar-Mega and Yveltal have similar bulk, Umbreon lacks their particular vulnerabilities, such as Yveltal's and T-Tar's numerous weaknesses from their Flying and Rock typing, respectively, Gyarados' Bolt Strike weakness, or Gyra's and T-Tar's susceptibility to Low Kick (especially T-Tar). Because of it's low weight, Low Kick is only base power 70 against it, which means even if it's Mewtwo-X doing the kicking, Umbreon isn't really noticing. (Though watch for Close Combat or Super Power from X-Two if you're not Fur Coat and/or it is not burned).

While three abilities are listed, they all play rather similarly, though with minor differences. Fur Coat hard walls most physical attackers (keep in mind Secret Sword is unaffected), Unaware lets it force out or defeat boosted sweepers (especially Shell Smash, Belly Drum users, and those reliant on Stored Power to bypass Unaware), while Poison Heal fits a more general support role (and can scrap the Recovery move if necessary). But even still, all three of them can answer a lot of the same mons regardless of ability, such as Refrige Kyu-B.

Umbreon's primary attack is Foul Play, which is a rather nifty move that uses the opponent's attack power instead of Umbreon's paltry base 65. Additionally, if the opponent has attack boosts from Swords Dance and the like, Umbreon quite literally has those same boosts added to Foul Play, even if using Unaware. And on top of it, if the opponent is burned, Foul Play doesn't care and will use their full attack power against them (though mind, if Umbreon is burned it will cut Foul Play's damage, so watch for bouncers if using Will-o-Wisp). You last moveslot is very flexible and should be taken based on your team's needs. Though keep in mind Umbreon's offenses are very low, so it should not run an offensive move.

It should be stressed that Umbreon really dislikes special attackers since many of them run 0 attack IVs and EVs with an attack reducing nature just for the occasional Foul Play, making it do very little damage. It can still defeat certain ones, such as Mewtwo-Y and Gengar-Mega fairly well because of their physical frailty combined with their high attack even when minimized, or most Shell Smashers and some who forget to minimize attack power, but you'll need an answer for others, particularly Boomburst Pixilate Xerneas. Aegislash and Xerneas are two generally good potential partners who come to mind.

I can confirm that quick feet skymin is insanely good and is one of the greatest anti imposter pokemon being able to set up a tail glow really easily and grass ice is a surprisingly good offensive coverage being able to hit Tina and ogre respectively.

Reposting some more sets (these are pretty fun ones):

Xerneas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Spore/Sacred Fire/Will-o-Wisp
- Thousand Waves/Arrows
- Play Rough
- Shift Gear

There isn't much to say here, it's just an unusual take on Poison Heal Xerneas that serves as the physical counterpart to the more traditional set. Trap with Thousand Waves, put to sleep with Spore or burn with Sacred Fire or Will-o-Wisp and set up. The coverage this set runs makes it difficult to wall; it tends to wall itself, like the special set more commonly used, but Flash Fire Scizor-Mega can check it (especially non-Spore variants), and things like the rare Ho-Oh or Skarmory serve as decent counters (if you have those for some reason.) I know that TheBurgerKing99 has also been using this recently. Coil variants can also be used, although I tend to have more difficulty against Chanseys.

Zekrom @ Draco Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- King's Shield
- Bolt Strike
- Judgment

This set is pretty questionable, in all honesty, (if it's too gimmicky, let me know and I'll remove it), but it's fun to use and is often surprisingly effective. Mixed sets aren't seen too often in BH outside of -ate users, but if Zekrom can set up a Shell Smash, it can OHKO Flash Fire Scizor-Mega (one of the tier's primary physical walls) with Bolt Strike, and do significant amounts of damage to defensive Pokemon based on which defense they focus on. King's Shield is a necessity for -ate users and predicted Knock Offs, which ruin Zekrom's day, allowing it to be walled by any Dragon-type. Against Imposters, it can succeed pretty well, having a chance to OHKO Chansey with Judgment. Of course, it's worth it to carry another check on one's team. Giratina works well. (This set was originally made by Mista Rob and Werefofel. I adapted it and made a change or two.)

These two were on the same team, and here are some replays of them succeeding:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-124698931 vs -Talent-
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-124383790 vs Neverman

More sets coming as I attempt to keep the thread alive. (CactusCacti should I post some sets from that Sticky Web team I battled you with? :P)

EDIT: I had a sudden thought that Tinted Lens might be good on Zekrom. It's probably worth a try, although it leaves the set with issues countering Shedinja.

EDIT 2: Also, here's a replay in which Rumors' Skymin did something. It also features the forthcoming TECHNICIAN MMX:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-108386001

Last edited:

Khonsu (Ho-Oh) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- V-create

Just posting this moveset here to claim credit as the one who invented it. It is an amazingly versatile Pokémon with incredible utility, being able to do all of the following and more:

• Use Pursuit to eliminate Sturdy Shedinja
  • Spore Magic Bounce Pokémon
  • Set up Stealth Rock against Magic Bounce Pokémon
  • Spore Imposters while being unable to be Spored back
  • Use V-create to destroy Flash Fire Pokémon
  • Serve as a Spore user that is not walled by Grass-type Pokémon, thanks to having V-create
  • Smash holes into teams and hit incredibly hard in general with its immensely destructive V-create
  • Tank even a +2 Judgment from Spooky Plate Mega Gengar, before retaliating with a Spore followed by a V-create
  • Take special attacks in general incredibly well thanks to its amazing special bulk
The exact same moveset can also be used with Mega Blaziken, which is slightly faster, hits significantly harder with V-create and can switch into Stealth Rock four times as many times as Ho-Oh can, but the fact that its special bulk pales in comparison to that of Ho-Oh's (and thus preventing it from tanking many common attacks in the Balanced Hackmons metagame that Ho-Oh can tank), combined with the fact that its defensive typing is generally worse than Ho-Oh's for the Balanced Hackmons metagame from my experience (being weak to Aerilate Pokémon, Thousand Waves, Psystrike, Psycho Boost, as well as lacking a very useful resistance to Fairy) makes me prefer Ho-Oh for this role.

I have personally seen many Balanced Hackmons players lead with a Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Deoxys-A or Deoxys-S that knows Spore, Stealth Rock, and possibly Spikes, and quickly fodder that Pokémon after putting a Pokémon to sleep and setting up some hazards... but why use a suicide lead like that in such an incredibly slow and stall-oriented metagame in which Defog and Rapid Spin (which can even be made unblockable via certain Abilities) are omnipresent and can therefore easily waste your suicide hazard lead, when you can do pretty much exactly what such Deoxys-A/Deoxys-S leads can do with a Pokémon that actually contributes immensely to a team's defensive synergy instead of being just a one-dimensional suicide hazard/Spore lead, keeping in mind that foddering a Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pokémon early-game is often a waste since using Pursuit with such a Pokémon is probably the best way to remove a Sturdy Shedinja?

Last edited:
Pixitran!

Heatran @ Earth Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Evs: Ha
Timid Nature
-Shell Smash
-Boomburst
-Judgment
-Infestation / Flash Cannon / Ice Beam / Bug Buzz / Grass Knot

This thing is awseome. Imagine mega gengar, except weaker and slower, and only 4x resisting the attacks. Oh, and with a 4x resistance to ice cube, and fairy coverage. So, it's basically a gengar that has an easier time setting up, less speed, less ability choices, and less limiting factors on the sweep. It's fourth move is up to you. Heatran has so many 4x resists, it's not funny.

Yveltal @ Sky Plate / Assault Vest
EVs: 2hi4u
Jolly / Adamant Nature
-Fake Out
-Extreme Speed
-Knock Off
-Roost / U-Turn / Magma Storm
This is basically an ice cube that has less power, and knock off to hit the switches, the defensive typing to better handle gar and the twos, and better bulk for running asualt vest. It may be weaker, but it's superior stab in knock off, and defensive typing definitely make up for it.

So, I could post like 30 of these, including like 10 soundproof mons, physical PH xern (although I think crab did already, lol), and so on, but I don't have time.

ok i changed eq for t.arrows PuP to drain punch and tbolt to ice punch is that good
That set is better, but not by much. Try running Diamond Storm / Knock Off / Drain Punch / Nuzzle or something in that regard

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
ok i changed eq for t.arrows PuP to drain punch and tbolt to ice punch is that good
It's better, but honesty still not that good. It's only recovery is a 75 BP nonSTAB move coming off of a base 100 attacking stat which frankly isn't much in BH. The problem I've always had with Regirock is that you WANT it to run Assault Vest but it just really can't.

(CactusCacti should I post some sets from that Sticky Web team I battled you with? :P)
sure why not?

I'll also post this slightly questionable set which I may remove if people feel its too gimmicky:

Heracross-Mega @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / NEIN on speed, can also take out defenses if you wish to.
Brave Nature
IVs: null Spe
- Metal Burst
- Reversal
- Spiky Shield
- Extreme Speed / Filler

Basicly a BH take on the old custap aggron from gen 5.
The moves make it ideal to keep itself protected till that HP drops to 1, spiky shield to avoid fakeout sturdy break, then when you take a hit, metal burst it out, OHKO one mon. Next switch in that is not a ghost will have to eat a priority 200 + STAB reversal from 185+ attack, not the most easiest to survive move.
Enjoys mega aggron as a team mate incase of multiple -ates and support of keeping hazards out.

Might be slightly gimmicky, but like the aggron metal bursters, it does work as long as no mold breaker/hazards. It's a cheap way to take down 1 - 2 mons.

sure why not?

I'll also post this slightly questionable set which I may remove if people feel its too gimmicky:

Heracross-Mega @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / NEIN on speed, can also take out defenses if you wish to.
Brave Nature
IVs: null Spe
- Metal Burst
- Reversal
- Spiky Shield
- Extreme Speed / Filler

Basicly a BH take on the old custap aggron from gen 5.
The moves make it ideal to keep itself protected till that HP drops to 1, spiky shield to avoid fakeout sturdy break, then when you take a hit, metal burst it out, OHKO one mon. Next switch in that is not a ghost will have to eat a priority 200 + STAB reversal from 185+ attack, not the most easiest to survive move.
Enjoys mega aggron as a team mate incase of multiple -ates and support of keeping hazards out.

Might be slightly gimmicky, but like the aggron metal bursters, it does work as long as no mold breaker/hazards. It's a cheap way to take down 1 - 2 mons.
I'm a huge fan of Custap Berry, so I'm glad you've found a way to make it work. The set seems to have a really good surprise factor. However, it's annoying that, like the Deo-S leads LLW mentioned earlier, this is another sort of one-use Pokemon. Nonetheless, I could see how it could make a great impact on a battle.

Deoxys-Speed
Type: Psychic
Base Stats: 50 / 95 / 90 / 95 / 90 / 180
Abilities: Prankster, Frisk
Item: Choice Scarf, Lagging Tail
Move 1: Trick
Move 2: Spore/Dark Void
Move 3: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Volt Switch/Parting Shot

This thing is hanging around on a Gen V dick Trick team I have sitting around that, for whatever reason, starts sucking whenever I try to update it but works rather well otherwise. It was specifically designed as an anti-lead at the time and it continues to serve that same function. The idea here is Scarf Prankster outspeeds the entire tier that isn't using Extreme Speed, including other Pranksters, letting you fling one at any leads that look like they'd hate it (I.E: most of them) and likely crippling them to some degree. If it doesn't look like Scarf would do much to them, simply switch out to try again later. From there, the set is fairly straight forward by providing sleep support and D Bonding an opposing sweeper. It can also be a "Trick shield" should your opponent be packing it themselves since Deo-S can easily rid itself of whatever item they're trying to give you.

Frisk can be used if you're scared of an Assault Vest, and is a handy scouting tool, though it may alter your opponent that you're not a stereotypical sleep/hazard suicide lead. Lagging Tail is also more effective against some threats (Ytwo becomes a joke when it always moves last), but ineffective against others like opposing Pranksters, priority abusers, and slow stuff that isn't moving first anytime soon anyway.

No offense, but almost all the sets posted in this thread are outclassed i.e, gimmicks .-.

Here's a set i've been using with great effect:

Arceus-Bug @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off / Cosmic Power
- Thousand Waves
- Perish Song
- Heal Order

Soundproof Arceus is a stellar -ate ability wall that is able to trap opponents with great effect. Arceus has a good speed tier, outpacing threats like Mega Latios and cover legends is a huge boon. Like most Pokemon in Balanced Hackmons, necessary scouting is mandatory. It's worth noting that Arceus can often switch into Protean variants of Mega Latios or Mega Latias and Knock Off their Soul Dew, effectively limiting their overall usefulness. This set also has an easy time luring Imposter Pokemon as it can trap them on the switch with Thousand Waves and proceed to PP stall it out (this strategy is circumstantial against competitive opponents.) Additionally, sets with Knock Off will have to sacrifice their item to PP stall Imposter. Knock Off does help against Lucky Punch Chansey, so it's actually beneficial when it comes to reliability against Imposter Chansey. Cosmic Power is useful with its great speed, it also allows it to have a much easier time trapping threats against more offensive teams. This set should be played with a lot of prior scouting with Imposter. Arceus has enough bulk to stomach powerful attacks from the likes of Mega Charizard-Y, Kyurem-B and Rayquaza. Use this set intelligently as this set carries a few risks. You'll find that if you play it to its strengths, its risks will be greatly compensated with its ability to wall a fantastic variety of common Pokemon in the Balanced Hackmons metagame.

i have several half-creative, half gimmicky sets, but here goes:

spam FTW (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Volt Tackle
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

this guy can BREAK walls down. a stab head smash backed up by a choice band hurts a lot, while brave bird is another spammable STAB and volt tackle and flare blitz hit other 'mons that can switch in. You can run life orb on this set instead, but band hits harder. the other cool thing about this guy is that the item and last two move slots are very changeable to suit your team, the only mandatory moves are head smash and BB.

Wait, what? (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Lum Berry/Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Lonely Nature
- Shell Smash
- Diamond Storm/Thousand Arrows
- Psychic/Psystrike
- Drain Punch

this guy is a big screw-you to most chansey sets. without a broken illusion, this guy stops imposters and KOs them, and even if the opponent does break the illusion the next imposter switchin now has to deal with -1 defenses and is vulnerable to my gale wings yveltal. Lum berry guarantees one stop to a spore/ status and a focus sash can allow you to live an attack.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Simple
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Gear Grind
- Heal Order

This set is a little hard to explain. the goal is to get up a shift gear, bait chansey out, mega-evo, knock off the eviolite, then gear grind my way to victory with a base 150 STAB move that breaks subs and can 2HKO almost anything in the tier. even if scizor does not survive chansey, yveltal can come in again and RK. another benifit of this guy is that it can counter/check a lot of the -ate users in the tier. this set is based off of a set run in STABmons.

Not sure it is Gimmick or not, or underrated, but it's basically the phisically bulkiest thing that i ever thought about. It actually does what it has to do, having the same defence and Hp (yeah, despite that 1 point, with doublade at 59) as aegislash shield, but getting the Eviolite boost. Fur coat then doubles the defence and cotton guard is a free +3 to use in a switch-in or an encored move. Will-o-wisp serves as a drop to the opposing attack and some damage each turn. So, it's just made to be al bulky as possible, and easy to understand and use too, in my thoughts.
YOU SHALL NOT PASS (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Ivs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Cotton Guard
- King' s Shield
- Will - o - Wisp
- Encore
Impish Nature

IMO that set desperately needs Recover. It never needs to be that bulky (Fur Coat + Cotton Guard + Will-o). Also, what's the Encore for? It's not going to be able to use it first, and slow Encore isn't too useful for that set.

Also, it's taunt bait. Besides that, it works pretty well

Charizard-Mega-X @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- King's Shield
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dual Chop
I used this set a while back and have recently been testing out some variants of Char X because it is severely underrated. This set was really my fuck you to physical attackers, namely Kyu-B (which completely runs over my team). It fit wonderfully and it has done an amazing job of walling. I already posted this in the BH thread and don't particularly want to rewrite what I already said. Also, per what Adrian said, I do not think this is outclassed by anything in particular? Thanks to its unique typing, good bulk, and decent attacking stats. Also, I'll make a post about Tinted Lens soon because underrated as fuck.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Impish Nature
- King's Shield
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dual Chop
I used this set a while back and have recently been testing out some variants of Char X because it is severely underrated. This set was really my fuck you to physical attackers, namely Kyu-B (which completely runs over my team). It fit wonderfully and it has done an amazing job of walling. I already posted this in the BH thread and don't particularly want to rewrite what I already said. Also, per what Adrian said, I do not think this is outclassed by anything in particular? Thanks to its unique typing, good bulk, and decent attacking stats. Also, I'll make a post about Tinted Lens soon because underrated as fuck.
I feel it's outclassed by Reshiram since it boasts more overall bulk than Charizard-X. It should be mentioned that this set also does quite well against most Psystrike Mewtwo-Y. Honestly, I think Darmanitan-Zen does this job better as it can take on -ate attackers more effectively. The fairy and psychic resists are also very useful against threats like Mega Gardevoir and Xerneas effectively. Dragon/Fire's most noteworthy electric resistance isn't as useful in BH as electric coverage isn't a very common sight bar Protean Mewtwo-X. Overall, I think it's a cool idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)