Creative and Underrated Sets: ORAS Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Ok so the main reason why I'm posting this is because I've seen too many people in the OU room call this set shit, when it's not. Is it the best set out there? No. Is it fun? Hell yeah it is. It's a fun set that's able to set up on a lot of things, and score quite a few kills when played right. He gets a free switch into things like ferro and and bulky waters (minus Slowbro), and from there gets up a free sub. Then BD up, activate the salac Berry, and proceed to get kills with Drain punch and Seed Bomb. It's a fun set that works well when used right so I feel it belongs here. And no I did not create the set; I'm just posting it here so people can stop calling it bad.
I really suggest slashing Overgrow because it allows you to nab certain KOs such as on the Latis with Seed Bomb at +6.

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 200 HP / 96 SpD / 212 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

In recent times this Gliscor's set has a rise, why this ? Because with this set Gliscoe can be a great Stallbreaker, and coupled with the nice bulky he can dance on many pokemons and close the match. 212 Ev's in speed is for Max speed taunt Tran with magma storm, the reamainder in HP + SP.Def to have much bulkyness for much possbility of statupping. EQ because is the 100 base power STAB and Facade because coupled with Toxic Orb can be a nice move. This gliscor is used in Balanced/Semistall teams

Serperior @ Leftovers / BrightPowder
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ground]
- Glare / Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Here's a set that seems kinda lame and not too original at first, but can often pull off mid-game sweeps with the right team support. Usually Life Orb is Serperior's best item for sweeping because 75 SpA is kinda pathetic. Having used the life orb sweeper/wallbreaker set, I found myself getting revenge killed and scared off by all kinds of common priority and scarfers thanks to LO recoil and mediocre typing/bulk.

This set works best on balanced or offensive teams with paralysis spreaders like Slowbro and Thundurus-I, as well as teams that focus on hazard-stacking in the same way that DeoSharp teams dominated early XY OU. Like Bisharp, Serperior can switch into Defog and benefit from the usual stat drop with an evasion boost. Substitute is for being annoying and waiting until the inevitable miss or full para, after which Serperior can take full advantage and usually get to +4 and start sweeping. Leftovers is the best item for spamming substitute, but I suppose you can use BrightPowder if you want a reason to claim that this item is competitively viable. I acknowledge the fact that it is difficult to safely switch into Latios/Latias Defog considering the threat of LO Draco. However, getting that evasion boost or forcing the opponent into a tough situation with paralysis is sometimes all you need to turn Serperior into an unstoppable force.

Sub is also useful for getting free setup turns on stuff like Rotom-W and Gliscor or a predicted status move.

EDIT: Here's another set copied from the other creative sets thread because it kinda got lost in there lol

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Fat excadrill is an excellent anti-meta set right now, and this set demonstrates Excadrill's capabilities beyond its pure offensive sets. Dual stab is all Excadrill needs to KO most of what it switches into, including but not limited to Mega Gardevoir (timid), Mega Diancie, Magnezone, Bulky Rotom-W (watch out for wisp), Clefable, Latios/Latias, Raikou, non-offensive Zapdos and Specs Sylveon. Toxic allows Excadrill to stop Mega Sableye by mold breaking through Magic Bounce, and it's also useful for inflicting status on obvious Lando-T switch-ins among other things. Without attack investment, Excadrill can still threaten to KO or cripple anything not named Skarmory or Gliscor.

I chose not to use an Assault Vest because you can't just slap AV on anything to make it bulky. This set's purpose is to be able to repeatedly switch into attacks for the sake of checking/countering opponents and scouting. Thus, Leftovers recovery adds up quickly and makes it so that +0/+1 Clefable Flamethrowers/Fire Blasts can be taken with relative ease, meaning that Excadrill can switch directly into any Clefable set repeatedly (bar modest LO fireblast). Also Mold Breaker Toxic is a cool surprise when your opponent thinks they've already sealed the victory with Mega Sableye. The EVs give you enough speed to outpace some Landorus-T and most Rotom-W with an optimal HP number for leftovers.

Last edited:

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Metal Burst
- Recover

I have been wanting to share this set for a while, although it's really just a small change on the standard set. It was originally created to lure Charizard-Y since the team on a lege that was weak to it, but the set has a lot of utility and provides fantastic support for Clefable. Metal Burst will always kill Charizard-Y and deals a nice 37%~ to Heatran that try to pressure you with lava plume. You can also catch Landorus for a nice amount of HP and potentially beat it by Knocking off the LO. In addition to supporting Clefable, who remains a fantastic win condition in the current meta, it can also help out things like Mega Scizor or Will-O-Wisp Talonflame. I used the core of Clefable+Metal Burst Sableye+Wisp Talonflame on a team for the third week of SPL but unfortunately Metal Burst didn't put in too much work. Anyways I think this is a pretty cool set to use that augments the ability Clefable [who is a threat to many teams already] to sweep. I've never found foul play that important other than for something like Gliscor but even then it's relatively weak. Metal Burst, on the other hand, can net you some surprise KOs and lure pokemon that are big threats into sacrificing themselves.

thanks i love pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)