1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Creative moveset of the month

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Universal Berry, Feb 19, 2010.

?

Is it a good idea to create a "Creative Movesets of the month" in the Smog magazine?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2010.
  1. Hell Yeah!

121 vote(s)
    91.0%
  2. I don't think it would work...

12 vote(s)
    9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikmin

pikmin

I think It's a good idea, and If I ever though of a good moveset I would brag all about it, but I think you have a point about people not wanting to share it :-)
    nowadays, everyone can rng ∞ identical pokémon that are perfect, so the pokémon does not really matter any more, it's all about the moves now a days.
    It would be interesting, but my favorite movesets are the funny gimmicks :toast:
  2. HATrick

HATrick

Seems like a great idea! You might want to add NU, as a handful of people play it. I can't wait to see some interesting movesets =]
  3. husk

husk
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

At least for OU I think any actually competitive non-absolute-niche sets should be written up.
  4. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Hell yeah!
  5. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

Sounds like a good idea. In the NCMS thread, any potentially good set gets buried under all the other posts, and will usually fall into obscurity. Having this feature will prevent this.
  6. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

This will give everyone an incentive to make better and new and creative Movesets.!
  7. pastel

pastel

That is actually a good idea, having diferent tiers, OU, UU, NU, Uber would be great, so every time the smog is published, we would get.... 5 new and creative movesets.
  8. Universal Berry

Universal Berry

At first, I wanted to have in every metagame, but since it's unsure even for OU, I prefer we start only with one. Then, if the article runs smoothly and that we see that more and more people posting new sets in hope to see it in the Smog, then we'll think about having all the metagames. But for now, let's just stick to OU.
  9. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As I've previously stated, we will take this into consideration.

I see no reason to continue this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)