Other Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Abilit y: Quick Feet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Apparently linoone got extremespeed this gen. Combined with belly drum which boosts its pathetic attack to 1048, it can really sweep stuff late game. Only problem is that its really hard to force switches, and it is also very frail which might be a problem when setting up. 4hp evs give it an even hp number for sitrus to activate after belly drum, and quick feet>gluttony cause gluttony doesnt affect the sitrus berry while quick feet could come in handy. Its probably best used to clean up late game when steel types are gone. Might be functional in UU or under.
ILLEGAL
Linoone only gets ExtremeSpeed as a 3rd gen event. And Quick Feet is a 5th gen HA. Tried it on Showdown too.

Who needs Items?

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Less residual damage is a great asset to this TFlame. Acrobatics is already 110 Base Power, only losing 10 Base power in general and Recoil is obselete. Flare Blitz stays, but now you don't have to worry about this Sweeper losing HP so fast. Roost can be switched out for Tailwind or another move, but if you want to Recovery on Tanks it's good to have. Swords Dance is a must, which gives TFlame some Sweeping power.

Regardless of this already being posted, I decided to plop this on over. Deal with it.
If you want less residual damage, why not use Sharp Beak/Charcoal to power up Brave Bird/Flare Blitz respectively, or even Leftovers. That is better than no item at all, at least in my mind it is.

I disagree tho. This set allows you to come in on Knock offs and scare the users out, then proceed to roost/SD in their face and Acrobatics. I don't think that Sky Plate (Fuck Sharp Beak, Talonflame's beak is sharp enough) > Itemless Talonflame. They both have their merits. I like Natural Gift Talon a lot more tho :X
Which Knock Off users are you switching into? The only ones I can think of that you have business switching into are Mew and Sableye, even then you want to come in on Will-o-Wisp. Talonflame shouldn't be taking Knock Off, Talonflame should be switching into a move it is immune to (ground moves and the aforementioned Will-o-Wisp) and revenge killing/setting up then. Because it shouldn't be taking hits, it doesn't care about recoil either, it can spam Brave Bird/Flare Blitz as often as it wants, if it dies to recoil damage it has probably done its job and more.

@above
There is a big difference between running itemless Acrobatics on an offensive set and running it on a defensive set. Running it on a defensive is understandable because all you lose is 10 BP, and Leftovers which is offset by Brave Bird. On the other hand, on an offensive set, what you lose out from running itemless Acrobatics instead of Sky Plate Brave Bird is what is equivalent of 252 Atk investment essentially. For reference, 0 Atk Talonflame Sky Plate Brave Bird hits for 2 damage lower than 252 Atk itemless Acrobatics. It is just extremely EV inefficient. If taking hits better really is a concern, you might as well dump all those Atk EV into bulk instead

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SPA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat

With this set Torkoal can be your rock layer, spinner and status inducer. With Shell Armor you never have to worry about crits and with a massive 416 Def this bad boy can tank just about any physical attack, specially with the help of Will-O-Wisp. In addition to this Torkoal is one of 2 pokemon that can get this move combination (Torkoal and Smeargle, Mew can learn Defog but not Rapid Spin.) I use the Overheat just because I prefer it over Fire Blast. However, Torkoal isn't all good all the time. Being fire type doesn't give him the best typing to be a wall with his list of weaknesses and resists. Also Torkoal has no reliable recovery and is weak to all entry hazards.

Pros:
- Massive defense and access to Will-O-Wisp
- Shell Armor prevents crits so he can do his thing a little longer
- 1/3 pokemon with access to Rocks, Spin and Wisp
- Resists Bug, Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel, Fairy

Cons:
- Weak stats exept for defense
- Weak to all entry hazards
- No reliable recovery
- Weak to Rock, Water, Ground

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SPA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Rapid Spin
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat

With this set Torkoal can be your rock layer, spinner and status inducer. With Shell Armor you never have to worry about crits and with a massive 416 Def this bad boy can tank just about any physical attack, specially with the help of Will-O-Wisp. In addition to this Torkoal is one of 2 pokemon that can get this move combination (Torkoal and Smeargle, Mew can learn Defog but not Rapid Spin.) I use the Overheat just because I prefer it over Fire Blast. However, Torkoal isn't all good all the time. Being fire type doesn't give him the best typing to be a wall with his list of weaknesses and resists. Also Torkoal has no reliable recovery and is weak to all entry hazards.

Pros:
- Massive defense and access to Will-O-Wisp
- Shell Armor prevents crits so he can do his thing a little longer
- 1/3 pokemon with access to Rocks, Spin and Wisp
- Resists Bug, Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel, Fairy

Cons:
- Weak stats exept for defense
- Weak to all entry hazards
- No reliable recovery
- Weak to Rock, Water, Ground
Just use Heatran or Mew. Being a hazard setter/remover and status spreader isn't worth the Stealth Rock weakness and lack of recovery.

Who needs Items?

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Less residual damage is a great asset to this TFlame. Acrobatics is already 110 Base Power, only losing 10 Base power in general and Recoil is obselete. Flare Blitz stays, but now you don't have to worry about this Sweeper losing HP so fast. Roost can be switched out for Tailwind or another move, but if you want to Recovery on Tanks it's good to have. Swords Dance is a must, which gives TFlame some Sweeping power.

Regardless of this already being posted, I decided to plop this on over. Deal with it.
It's an amazing idea, however you should run sash. It helps with getting up the swords dance and it boosts acrobatics.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Mega Medicham @ Medichamite | Pure Power
Adamant Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rock Tomb / High Jump Kick / Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch

This is a pretty stupid set I thought of when I was using Sash Breloom a lot. Rock Tomb is actually a really sweet move for Medicham in practice. Like Substitute, it is used to help Medicham beat naturally faster offensive Pokemon. Medicham has some Speed issues which can otherwise be remedied by Thundy-I's Prankster T-wave or Sticky Web, but this is a solution that doesn't force you to run another Pokemon. Obviously, Medicham is a great Pokemon to prompt switches, and Rock Tomb takes full advantage of this. For example, where a Latias or Latios could formerly come in on a Zen Headbutt, Medicham can slow it down on the switch and then proceed to finish it off with Ice Punch, being faster thanks to Rock Tomb. Other examples include Gengar (trying to switch in on Fake Out or High Jump Kick), Excadrill (which has a higher Speed stat when Scarfed or w/ Sand Rush), Landorus (both Incarnate or Therian may try to enter on a High Jump Kick), and Thundurus, which gets demolished by Rock Tomb anyway.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz / Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Substitute / Swords Dance

With this set, Mega Charizard X functions as a powerful wallbreaker with more longevity. What sets himself apart from the likes of Mega Heracross, Mega Pinsir, and Mega Medicham is the fact that he has actual recovery in Roost, so that's what this set capitalizes on. Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw are his strongest and most reliable STAB attacks, Earthquake can be used to handle Heatran, and the choice between Swords Dance and Substitute is really up to preference. I personally prefer Substitute so Mega Charizard X can punish switches more easily and block status, as the immediate power that Mega Charizard X brings is more than plentiful without the need for Swords Dance. The EVs are for avoiding a 2HKO from Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, and the rest are pretty self explanatory. This is really more of a surprise set than anything, but you can bluff a more offensive set and catch people off-guard, and it can definitely get the job done if used properly.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Sludge Bomb
I present to you Knock Off Gengar. Let me clear something up before I begin: Knock Off is not used for power or coverage whatsoever. Knock Off is an extremely spammable move and it has a key niche in removing Chansey's Eviolite. After the Eviolite removal, Chansey is cleanly 2HKOed by Focus Blast, provided it hits. This is why I chose to experiment with it. Knock Off is great in general for crippling bulkier switch ins by removing Leftovers or whatever other item they may provide. The rest of the set is fairly standard, with Shadow Ball + Focus Blast for power and coverage. The last slot is interchangeable, but I mainly prefer Hidden Power Ice because if a Landorus-T comes into it and gets hit by Knock Off, it thus loses its Choice Scarf and is outsped by Gengar, enabling it to be hit by Hidden Power Ice. Sludge Bomb could see its uses though, such as hitting Mega Venusuar hard or general coverage. I'd also considered running Taunt to screw over stall and such even more, but this is an offensive approach and I was trying to stay true to it; although it's not a bad option by any means. Destiny Bond is always a great move which I considered as well. Overall, a neat set to lure in Chansey and the likes and remove their item to be hurt in return.

Last edited:

Slowbro Leftovers
ability: oblivious
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spa
Nature: Calm
Slack Off
Scald
Calm Mind
Psychic

This set is rather unorthodox set. It has a calm nature to have more special bulk. The oblivious is a big part in this set because for this set to work you need to set up two calm minds, and if you get taunted you can't do that. After that you try to burn your opponent with scald then stall them out by slacking off and setting up more calm minds. After 4 calm minds this thing won't be touched by anything special and it packs a mean punch.

252+ SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Slowbro: 344-408 (87.3 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 344-408 (87.3 - 103.5%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Slowbro: 332-392 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Slowbro: 530-626 (134.5 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

all of these when slowbro has a bold nature has a small chance to OHKO but when calm the odds are smaller.

Hey, I've never posted here before, and I don't know if this has already been done before, but I've been experimenting with something to some success, and decided to post it here for you guys:

Assault Vest Heracross

Heracross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Bullet Seed

This guy doesn't have all of the awesome abilities of his mega evolution to wallbreak, but what he brings to the table is a one-off suprise factor for some of his special based counters, or for sponging up special attacks in general. He can take an abusive amount of special attacks and laugh them off like a pro, and usually net some severe damage back, especially if he's got a guts boost. For instance, here are some calcs of attacks that I've actually run into that would usually have KO'd a normal hera, or a mega hera. They aren't the best examples of what this hera can do, but they're decently impressive:

252 SpA Latias Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 296-350 (81.5 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 242-288 (66.6 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 211-250 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 136-160 (37.4 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

Now, stuff like mega gard's psyshock or a sun boosted fire blast from a char Y will still KO you, but outside of the highest super effective special damage dealers, this guy can absorb a disgusting amount of special attacks, and usually net a KO in return. He still has all of hera's physical weaknesses and must be played accordingly, but he can really surprise people who were expecting to KO a mega heracross with their psychic or flamethrower, only to watch in horror as they are KO'd themselves.

He also serves an even more critical role than the mere surprise factor of a heracross that can take special attacks that would usually KO, which is actually the main reason to use him: he is an amazing scald-absorber, actually benefiting from the burns, while taking little damage in the process. In fact, this heracross is actually a near 100% counter to specs Keldeo choice locked into scald:

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 135-160 (37.1 - 44%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after burn damage

That's right, even if heracross switches in and is immediately burned, scald still only has a 0.4% chance to finish the job in the next turn WITH burn damage piling up, and even then, heracross's guts boosted CC will OHKO keldeo right back anyway. Even if hera DOESN'T get burned, it counters, as without burn damage chipping away, scald only 3HKOs, while hera can 2HKO with CC, or if you're feeling lucky, you can run bullet seed even without mega hera's skill link, which can potentially net the OHKO if guts boosted with 3 hits. In fact, bullet seed is slashed here JUST because many common scald spammers are weak to it, and after a guts boost from a burn, it will tear through most of them in 3-4 hits, which is somewhat likely to happen.

Another good example is Rotom-W, who tosses out Will-O-Wisps. Switch into one of those, and even the physically defensive variants (which WoW users usually aren't) will fall to bullet seed if you're lucky enough for 5 hits. And in the meantime, none of rotom's attacks will do much of anything to stop you:

252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 108-127 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

As you can see, even a rotom-W with max SpA (which very few will) could only hope to 3HKO with hydro pump and. And in the meantime, you could be slamming it with guts boosted CC's or Bullet Seeds. (Just a side note here: bullet seed outdamages close combat on a super effected target if it gets 4 hits, so that's the gamble you're taking with it)

With so many scald spammers out there threatening your physical attackers, having one that takes little damage from the move, and actually benefits from the burn is a godsend, so this heracross build has a definite niche when it comes to OU competitive play. I encourage you guys to try it out, and feel free to make some EV or moveslot changes to suit your tastes. I think you'll find that assault vest heracross is a surprisingly useful addition to any team that struggles against scald spamming or WoW users.

I don't think setting up with a Slowbro is particularly the best idea. Seeing that Mega Heracross single handedly smashes through this set and it has no long term game survivability cause you need to spend one turn to Slack Off whereas in the case of Regenerator, you can maintain momentum even as you switch out. Seeing as U-Turn/Volt Switch + Residual damage on Slowbro isn't appreciated, this variant of slowbro wouldn't work as well as we would like it to sadly because of how physically based, the bold nature is much needed. Maybe a spDef Regen Slowbro would work, but I can't see a Set-Up bro working anytime soon unless it gets Refresh/Aromatherapy from ORAS' possible tutor.
well i trained it so when ORAS came out I had a already trained mega slowbro

Hey, I've never posted here before, and I don't know if this has already been done before, but I've been experimenting with something to some success, and decided to post it here for you guys:

Assault Vest Heracross

Heracross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Bullet Seed

This guy doesn't have all of the awesome abilities of his mega evolution to wallbreak, but what he brings to the table is a one-off suprise factor for some of his special based counters, or for sponging up special attacks in general. He can take an abusive amount of special attacks and laugh them off like a pro, and usually net some severe damage back, especially if he's got a guts boost. For instance, here are some calcs of attacks that I've actually run into that would usually have KO'd a normal hera, or a mega hera. They aren't the best examples of what this hera can do, but they're decently impressive:

252 SpA Latias Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heracross: 296-350 (81.5 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 242-288 (66.6 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 211-250 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 136-160 (37.4 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage

Now, stuff like mega gard's psyshock or a sun boosted fire blast from a char Y will still KO you, but outside of the highest super effective special damage dealers, this guy can absorb a disgusting amount of special attacks, and usually net a KO in return. He still has all of hera's physical weaknesses and must be played accordingly, but he can really surprise people who were expecting to KO a mega heracross with their psychic or flamethrower, only to watch in horror as they are KO'd themselves.

He also serves an even more critical role than the mere surprise factor of a heracross that can take special attacks that would usually KO, which is actually the main reason to use him: he is an amazing scald-absorber, actually benefiting from the burns, while taking little damage in the process. In fact, this heracross is actually a near 100% counter to specs Keldeo choice locked into scald:

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 135-160 (37.1 - 44%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after burn damage

That's right, even if heracross switches in and is immediately burned, scald still only has a 0.4% chance to finish the job in the next turn WITH burn damage piling up, and even then, heracross's guts boosted CC will OHKO keldeo right back anyway. Even if hera DOESN'T get burned, it counters, as without burn damage chipping away, scald only 3HKOs, while hera can 2HKO with CC, or if you're feeling lucky, you can run bullet seed even without mega hera's skill link, which can potentially net the OHKO if guts boosted with 3 hits. In fact, bullet seed is slashed here JUST because many common scald spammers are weak to it, and after a guts boost from a burn, it will tear through most of them in 3-4 hits, which is somewhat likely to happen.

Another good example is Rotom-W, who tosses out Will-O-Wisps. Switch into one of those, and even the physically defensive variants (which WoW users usually aren't) will fall to bullet seed if you're lucky enough for 5 hits. And in the meantime, none of rotom's attacks will do much of anything to stop you:

252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Heracross: 108-127 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

As you can see, even a rotom-W with max SpA (which very few will) could only hope to 3HKO with hydro pump and. And in the meantime, you could be slamming it with guts boosted CC's or Bullet Seeds. (Just a side note here: bullet seed outdamages close combat on a super effected target if it gets 4 hits, so that's the gamble you're taking with it)

With so many scald spammers out there threatening your physical attackers, having one that takes little damage from the move, and actually benefits from the burn is a godsend, so this heracross build has a definite niche when it comes to OU competitive play. I encourage you guys to try it out, and feel free to make some EV or moveslot changes to suit your tastes. I think you'll find that assault vest heracross is a surprisingly useful addition to any team that struggles against scald spamming or WoW users.
You should have Pursuit or something on it; without it, it's just a weaker Conkeldurr with a few more weaknesses and resists. Even then, I'm not too sure if that's enough to differentiate it from Conk. The things it could potentially Pursuit trap would most likely stay in on Heracross to go for the kill or severely damage it.

Also, I have no set to add. I'm not too creative at set-making. :<

This set is surprisingly effective, you'd be surprised.

Magnezone @ Light Clay
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Swagnezone can either switch in on a steel type that can't do anything to it (Skarm or Banded Scizor generally) and set up screens before KOing, do his normal job on Ferrothorn with HP Fire or come in on most psychic types and set up screens. Volt Switch helps to gain momentum rather than Tbolt as you don't need the power really. Most set-up sweepers love screens. CM/RP Landorus is a wonderful partner, but any sweeper who may lack bulk will appreciate it.

This set may seem quite gimmicky but in practice it works fantastically well.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
This set is surprisingly effective, you'd be surprised.

Magnezone @ Light Clay
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Swagnezone can either switch in on a steel type that can't do anything to it (Skarm or Banded Scizor generally) and set up screens before KOing, do his normal job on Ferrothorn with HP Fire or come in on most psychic types and set up screens. Volt Switch helps to gain momentum rather than Tbolt as you don't need the power really. Most set-up sweepers love screens. CM/RP Landorus is a wonderful partner, but any sweeper who may lack bulk will appreciate it.

This set may seem quite gimmicky but in practice it works fantastically well.
This actually looks good, seeing lando helps against fighting and ground weakness, while swagnezone helps against ice beams. Latios also gains from the removal of ferro and scizor from opposition.

This actually looks good, seeing lando helps against fighting and ground weakness, while swagnezone helps against ice beams. Latios also gains from the removal of ferro and scizor from opposition.
Mega Gardevoir also likes having them removed, his hyper voice does so much damage. Lando deals with Heatran too, who otherwise needs to be dealt with by Focus Miss, though Garde lures him in all the time.

Welp guys I have created a set around one of the most prolific pokemon if not the MOST prolific mon in the tier. That mon being, Latios! Now, with the more bulky offensive/Balence playstyle coming through in this meta, Latios is becomming more and more of a threat, due to the fact that it can ut speed and create a large trunk in alot of these teams. Due to this, it was even moved from A+--S Rank, which I comepletely agree with.

What are latios most common counters? Chansey, Skarmory (Without tbolt/hp fire), Defensive Blissey, and Fat mons like Clefable. Why do these mons counter Latios? Two things. Recover, and they are all tuh damn balky. Like GodDamn Nerf or Nah game freak!!! What if we could stop their recovery? Wouldnt that allow Latios to easily get by these mons? (Bar Clefs moonblast and other status.) This is where what I beleive, my innovative set comes in.

Here is The Latios set that I have come up with.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Heal Block
- Defog/Tbolt/HP fire/Fighting/EQ

• Heal Block Accuracy100% PP 24 For 5 turns, the foe(s) is prevented from healing.
Boom, there it is! My gr8 innov8tion, HB Latios! Tell me what you guys think! Test it for yourselves and get back to me!

PS name: Obviously_AV, 4 Cool 2 You, BluSrank

^PM me on showdown with those usernames, Im either in the OU room, or the SSB4 room.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 226-266 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock. So basically, you catch Chansey on the switch, HB and watch it die!!!

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 226-266 (35.2 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock. So basically, you catch Chansey on the switch, HB and watch it die!!!
Or it can switch out.

But you could lure something and hit it for massive damage with Draco Meteor, so it could work.

One other use for Heal Block Latios is to 2HKO some pokemon with Draco Meteor. Stuff like PDef Mew could predict the Draco Meteor, survive it, on the same turn recover up enough damage that it can survive another Meteor at -2. But not with Heal Block

Yes but it will than be constantly wore down due to the constant switching.
Yeah, I know. It's pretty good in paper...

In practice, however, you cannot really use it for what you want to do. It catches the opponent off-guard once, but from that onwards it's not that difficult to see it coming - Chansey would rather not switch into Latios, for example, as it's forced out without a chance to Soft-Boiled (Unless it carries Thunder Wave). BUT... then you can take advantage of the psychological effect and recklessly Draco Meteor with an almost complete certainty that a certain pink blob will not get into your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)