Gen 6 Creative / Underrated Uber Sets : V2 (No Shitty Gimmicks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sweetshare said:
everything but Psyshock/HP Fire is outclassed by Psyshock/HP Fire. It easily beats the widest range of threats.
Latios is pretty bad this gen tbh. That particular set is complete taunt bait, and it's almost completely outclassed by Wobbuffet which does the same thing but arguably much more consistently and more quickly. Furthermore, it competes for a lot of competition from other dragons, that provide more for the team overall, especially in regards to offensive pressure. The irony is, as you set up you are taunt bait or setup bait yourself. Also, there is a good chance of you dying before you memento, which means that you may as well just run Dual Screens Deoxys-S.

That's just my opinion. I suppose it is unique in the sense that few mons actually do exactly what it does, but I think it is borderline a gimmick due to the fact that it is mostly outclassed, doesn't really check anything well (even ScarfOgre can 2HKO after rocks with Water Spout) and the support it provides is limited.

EDIT: WRONG QUOTE :/

Last edited:
Don't know if this is viable, but I've been running this set:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot

Basically this set is meant to be a defensive tank that's able to compete with lead Groudon which usually sets up SR first turn, the main idea is to outspeed Groudon and use Grass Knot first turn, then proceed to set up Stealth Rocks / Knock Off something as they switch out scared of the 2HKO.
The EV's are for this:
56 SpA Landorus-T Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Having this in mind it's a good idea to pair this with E-killer Arceus since Groudon is one of the most reliable ways to deal with this situation, without half of it's HP Groudon loses the ability to take a +2 Extreme Speed and your Arceus is able to sweep the rest of the team.
+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 186-219 (46 - 54.2%)

Examples:

And that's about it really, I made a team which was a little bit weak to Groudon and then I came up with this, if you have any suggestion you can reply this post:]

Last edited:
Just a nitpick, but you might want to increase your SAtk investment to 96 EVs so that you actually guarantee the 2HKO on Groudon:

96 SpA Landorus-T Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 216-256 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hey guys this is my first post and I just had the idea for a ChestoRest Klefki:
Klefki @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 DEF/ 252 SpD (standard Ubers Klefki)
Nature: Careful
- Spikes/Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Rest

Basically, since besides stacking spikes and checking Xerneas, in my experience Klefki doesn't live to do much else I thought about giving it a pseudo-recovery move in the form of ChestoRest. This allows it to check Xerneas multiple times in the match including aromatherapy xerneas since it won't die as easily to multiple hidden power fires. Furthermore priority thunder wave plus resistance to dark pulse/dark void (with chesto berry) allows it to take on darkrai. I've slashed in toxic besides spikes since some teams prefer the immediate damage of toxic as opposed to the need for multiple turns to stack spikes to do some real damage. EVs are simply those of standard ubers Klekfi.

Recently I've found this AV Ho-Oh w flame charge to be extremely useful

Ho-Oh @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Flame Charge
- Earthquake

Overall, this is a pretty self explanatory set. the speed is just enough to outspeed Timid base 130 (mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo X and mega Gengar, you have to be careful with mewtwo though) after a flame charge. the rest is on special defense because it can actually take some hard damage from darkrai and geomancy xerneas at +2.

Taking away roost for Assault Vest makes it even weaker to rocks than ever so you absolutely need a way to get rid of them with this set. in general though if you just bring it in on special hits, regenerator can heal just about all the damage back.

Try to avoid bringing ho-oh in on anything other than non-super effective special hits. Toxic and T-wave hurt this set a lot.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 208 HP / 52 Spd / 96 SDef / 152 Atk
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk.

Basically this set is just CB, but used very differently than the offensive CB set. This set tanks every special hit you can think of, yep including some of which are SE. It also hits hard as fuck even tho it doesn't run much investment comparing to the offensive CB set. Like it 2hko's physic def groudon and physic def lugia after SR.

EDIT: I forgot to say that it can take physic def kyogre and special def kyogre 1-on1. LEL
This set is actually very good from my experience, it has actually saved me from xerneas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)