Gen 6 Creative / Underrated Uber Sets : V3 (No Gimmicks plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Grass Knot/Aromatherapy/Thunder

This is a seriously underrated Xerneas set, people seem to associate Xerneas with being a Geomancy set-up sweeper but they neglect the existence of this monster. Ubers has next to no comfortable switches with almost everything taking a healthy chunk of damage on the switch in if you predict correctly. Primal Groudon is extremely pressured by this set with Moonblast doing a healthy chunk to even specially defensive Primal Groudon(especially if SR is down). Life Orb Xerneas can open up big enough holes in a defensive core,for something like Primal Kyogre to sweep(especially if you nail something like Ferrothorn with Close Combat). The fourth slot is a toss-up and can be tweaked to the needs of your team. Grass Knot makes it easier to force out the Primals, while Aromatherapy supports the rest of your team by removing status, and Thunder is also a viable option if you want to use LO Xerneas to break standard stall cores carrying MSableye,Lugia,and WaterCeus(with SR down of course). Enjoy~

180+ SpA Life Orb Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 153-181 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

180+ SpA Life Orb Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 195-230 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

180+ SpA Life Orb Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 109-129 (26.9 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

180+ SpA Life Orb Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 139-164 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

180+ SpA Life Orb Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 237-281 (69.2 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

76 Atk Life Orb Xerneas Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 411-489 (99 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

76 Atk Life Orb Xerneas Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 239-283 (67.8 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I mean you only need 24 attack to guarantee the close combat KO on 0/252 Calm Blissey after rocks and as you posted 76 attack doesn't guarantee the OHKO on fresh big bird so you can probably get away with running something like 28 Atk/252 Spa/228 Spe since running max speed only guarantees speed ties with non-scarf neutral Gene and max speed aoa yveltal. This also has the handy side effect of making GK have a good chance of 2KOing fat offensive pdons like paradancer:

252+ SpA Life Orb Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Primal Groudon: 194-229 (48.1 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

And you actually get the guaranteed 2KO after SR before primal unlike 180+, which rolls a min of 45.4%.

You also have a better then hitting a focus blast's chance of KOing fresh big bird on the switch anyway:

28 Atk Life Orb Xerneas Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 395-468 (95.1 - 112.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Just take some stuff out of spa if getting a guaranteed physical ko without rocks or whatever is important to your team, but i'd say it's probably more important to run max spa on that set and less important to hit the neutral 99 speed tier to take advantage of the great chip damage LO Xern can dish out.

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet / Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Magic Coat / Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Lunar Dance

cress is actually legit if ur opting for a tr squad since it's a surprisingly good groudon switch. i had another mence check on my team so i went for magic coat to antilead deo-s and not get taunted, but mental herb and ice beam could work too. i like rocky helmet to get some chip dmg off on like ekiller and shit, but myriad items are fine. cool mon. not super splashable, but hasn't been explored rly.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Sludge Bomb

I tried out this set and was positive surprised. With Sucker Punch you are able to kill threats which you normally can't reach. You are also able to do some little damage to other pokemon. This can be quite convinient if you only need a bit of damage to kill the pokemon. In my opinion u should pair him up with Gothitelle to trap the pokemon that can come in on darkrai. Well u can also use it on a more offensive team of course.

80 Atk Life Orb Darkrai Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 299-354 (84.7 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
80 Atk Life Orb Darkrai Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mewtwo: 244-291 (69.1 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
It dies from LO recoil.
80 Atk Life Orb Darkrai Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 268-320 (102.2 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Malamar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Topsy-Turvy
- Taunt

A utility mon that deals with Xerneas and other set up sweepers surprisingly well. Topsy-Turvy can destroy a sweep and force a switch, letting you get a Superpower off or get a free switch into another mon. And after a Superpower, Knock Off OHKOs physcially defensive Aegislash (+1 252 Atk Malamar Knock Off (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield: 446-528 (137.6 - 162.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO). Of course, you have to assume that they don't have Shadow Sneak or your sash isn't broken.

I use it, not many people expect it, and I've gotten a sweep with it a while back. Thoughts?

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

u can use a spread to live a +2 xern hit or have more bulk or whatever but the important part is just jolly sd because u can sr past waterceus easily which is unique for a groudon set. i use it on a team with good xern cvrg already so i just opted for max atk and an hp benchmark, but it's flexible. a pretty antimeta set vs all the dudes that use waterceus as a crux. not the easiest to fit on a team but hella fun.

mags

Banned deucer.
Sorry Eeyore but AV dialga is just bad. I think if u look at some of the other sets on here you will see that they are meant to accomplish something that it couldn't do with a standard set. Example would be dices post. Sd pdon can get rocks up against waterceus which reg pdon set cannot do. AV dialga doesn't accomplish anything that the standard set wouldn't be able to do.

upload_2015-12-1_15-21-2.png

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magic Coat
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock

Mostly used for surprising Rocky Helmet Deo-S; you can bounce back Stealth Rock, then OHKO it on the next turn. Latios often gets overwhelmed by the sample team so the addition of Magic Coat over Calm Mind and Defog (neither of which were really needed on the team I'm using this set on) can be clutch vs. some teams. Magic Coat can also bounce back Dark Void from Darkrai and Spikes & Thunder Wave from Klefki / Ferrothorn, but you should weigh risk vs. reward and not throw away Latios if you need it later on in the match.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Memento
- Psyshock / Grass Knot / Thunder / Something to hit kyogre or xerneas / Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Roar / Psyshock / Grass Knot / Thunder / coverage / Tailwind

This is somewhat niche but its really nice for some extremely Hyper offensive teams that need some way to setup some of there sweepers or need a water / ground type resists. Its like an all-out-attacker set but it uses Memento to help something else setup and provides a free switch. It looks weird but given some of Latios's common switch-in's (xerneas / Ho-oh) instead of trying to debilitate them with a strong draco meteor or psyshock or whatever, you can have something else come in and get a free setup turn off it (after a memento a mon without a phazing move is basically useless or forced to switch which regardless gives a free turn). This sounds a little stupid admittedly but its a little entertaining watching a Ho-oh turn from check to setup for something like a Primal Groudon. It also still gives this thing some use of it becomes paralyzed or toxic'd or after it cripples itself with Draco Meteor.

Going on to the moveset, Draco Meteor is basically mandatory since its does tons of damage and Latios tends to be able to get the free turns it needs to get one off due to its array of resistances. Tailwind should be noted because you can set one of those up and pass it easily, which can become scary if this is paired with something like Primal Groudon. You can still pick some kind of coverage if that's not your cup of tea though. Roar is interesting as well because like last gen Latios has the tendency to become fodder for setup if something is sac'd to its Draco Meteor (this is especially the case for Xerneas and Primal Groudon), and Roar denies any such shenanigans. It should be acknowledged though that Memento kind of does the same thing but Roar doesn't kill Latios in the process.

You still want to use max special attack because you don't want to be a weak Latios, you want to have your attacks hurt! You just also want the ability to sacrifice yourself later to help setup something if need be. Maximum speed is obvious because Latios's speed tier is great :).

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

SD lando-T is actually really neat in this meta. +2 Earthquake boosted by Earth plate can do a hefty chunk to a tonne of mons slower than it, which is a vast majority of the tier considering how dominant the base 90 crowd is and how much stuff is ev'd for max speed neutral 90s. The only consistant answers for this commonly found on stall/balance are the bulky arceus-waters and the terribad arceus-grounds, and Lando-t outspeeds most arceus-water and get chip damage off with +2 U-turn (which can put Arceus in range of +2 eq if you have rocks on the field). Also helps checking a bunch of dangerous physical attackers like SD arceus ghost and ekiller and stuff. Tanking +1 hits is a lot easier than +2 hits.

Also has a non-trivial amount of bulk, if vs offense you force out the groudon and get to +2, you're probably living an attack from stuff like ekiller/neutral mence with return/ mega kanga, ext.

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
- Bite / Hammer Arm / Low Kick

so this set is just the 2nd volume of jirachi just PURE hax, the movepool of this mon is just to first get parahax and then flinching it by using rock slide or bite.This set is really cool and try it and winning will be to easy.I originally didn't have fake out instead had sucker punch but then I got the importance of fake out to faint xerneas when it is left with some HP and to KO a deoxys-a then got a idea of body slam coz I wanted to try something new which could help my other mons to set up and win ezzly but still had no chance to hit gengar so added bite and rock slide for all balky yveltals which seems dangerous.Hammer Arm is the move which I thought to add coz I couldn't faint a tyranitar or a ferrothorn so added it.Evs spread are standard and feel like there is no need to change.
If I find anyother odd set then I would surelypost it here. :]

Last edited:

Peli

name elevated but i still act average

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
- Bite / Hammer Arm / Low Kick

so this set is just the 2nd volume of jirachi just PURE hax, the movepool of this mon is just to first get parahax and then flinching it by using rock slide or bite.This set is really cool and try it and winning will be to easy.I originally didn't have fake out instead had sucker punch but then I got the importance of fake out to faint xerneas when it is left with some HP and to KO a deoxys-a then got a idea of body slam coz I wanted to try something new which could help my other mons to set up and win ezzly but still had no chance to hit gengar so added bite and rock slide for all balky yveltals which seems dangerous.Hammer Arm is the move which I thought to add coz I couldn't faint a tyranitar or a ferrothorn so added it.Evs spread are standard and feel like there is no need to change.
If I find anyother odd set then I would surelypost it here. :]

Daenys

Banned deucer.
Fun Set!

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Safeguard
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Stone Edge

Goodbye to Ho-Oh+Keys+Waterceus (those which don't run more than 56 speed ev) . Guaranteed Ohkos on Bulky Yveltal and Mega Sab after rocks and both barely live without hazards on the field. Also 2hko's non bulky mega mence

Last edited:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Wonder Room
- Roar / HP Fire

The idea was to KO SpD Groudon-Primal , SpD Ho-Oh , SpD aegislash , SpD Ferrothorn and DontStealMyPenguin 's chansey >.>.Yes, you all might have problem tackling these mon so usually pps run set like geo/moonb/thunder/focus.The thing is thunder and focus misses a lot for me and even if I was winning a battle I just lose..zzz..so I used wonder room to change the evs and easily sweep with my xerneas.After doing this winning battles was not a difficult task. Since moonblast is just a good move to have it on xerneas so if there's an arceus or xerneas which gonna sdance or geo then I could simply roar but still the problem is genesect whh's SpD becomes somehow more if there is wonder room so you may use HP Fire over roar. HP fire helps to faint gene and def. Ferro so try this set its too good!!
#RipAll :pimp:

Last edited:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Wonder Room
- Roar / HP Fire

The idea was to KO SpD Groudon-Primal , SpD Ho-Oh , SpD aegislash , SpD Ferrothorn and DontStealMyPenguin 's chansey >.>.Yes, you all might have problem tackling these mon so usually pps run set like geo/moonb/thunder/focus.The thing is thunder and focus misses a lot for me and even if I was winning a battle I just lose..zzz..so I used wonder room to change the evs and easily sweep with my xerneas.After doing this winning battles was not a difficult task. Since moonblast is just a good move to have it on xerneas so if there's an arceus or xerneas which gonna sdance or geo then I could simply roar but still the problem is genesect whh's SpD becomes somehow more if there is wonder room so you may use HP Fire over roar. HP fire helps to faint gene and def. Ferro so try this set its too good!!
#RipAll :pimp:
How do u ko P Groudon with wonder room? if u use that u give him more sdef

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well simply since wonder room is there on the battlefield opposing groudon's SpD would decrease and then you can KO.
All you do is give it more Special Defense since its defense is normally higher than its Defense. Even with 0 Defense EVs Primal Groudon has 356 Defense while 252+ Special Defense EVs allows Primal Groudon to hit 306 Special Defense. So it's actually worse.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Heya all! so... I've come up with this set which I accidentaly made in the teambuilder and really worked for me ^.^. Well you all are too smart to guess what I want to do.The point is to trap the user with using ''whirlpool'' and using ''perish song'' to faint the opposing mon. If the opposing pokemon is arceus or Aegislash with SDance then it becomes pretty difficult to remove it so using WoW makes the opposing attack by half and then you can use recover and swap it with other mon.This was all to explain , if ya have any doubt just ask! If I get some other strange sets then I will post it here!:toast: [ The evs spread is good enough to handle most mons ].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)