ORAS OU Critdra Hyper Offence - (1900+)

1. Critdra Hyper Offence
    Proof of peak

Introduction

Since its the end of the format and I'm going to be snowed under by uni assignments for the next few weeks until Sun/Moon comes out I thought I might as well post an RMT of the team I've been using to ladder at the moment. Normally I just lurk but I've been here for quite a few years even before this account so hopefully this RMT will somewhat be helpful if people decide to use a similar team.

Teambuilding Process

I wanted a team which could handle the majority of common meta teams floating around at the moment including xtra birdspam, and most fat stall including ABR stall. It also has the added benefit of eating bulky offence for breakfast. The basis of the team revolves around passing a lansat berry focus energy to scope lens kingdra and sweeping from there however it is filled with several neat tricks to play around a variety of teams.

The Team

Rock Waifu (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Diamond Storm
    - Moonblast
    - Endeavor
    - Protect
    Mega Diancie is a potent wallbreaker of its own accord and can break through a lot of teams given the right situation. Max atk investment allows diancie to endeavor on a predicted chansey switch in and proceed to 2hko with the follow up diamond storm. This works even when diancie is at full hp (thank you base 50). Also this comes up fairly often since chansey is normally one of the only reliable switch ins to diancie which isnt easily trapped by magnezone and diancie will 100% of the time force out mega-sableye. When diancie has taken damage endeavor is also helpful to catch other mons on the switch and proceed to ko them with either moonblast or diamond storm. Protect and moonblast are mandatory.

Wifi Waifu (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunderbolt
    - Flash Cannon
    Magnezone has excellent type synergy with diancie both offensively and defensively. Its primary purpose is to trap ferrothorn which would otherwise be a huge problem to the team, being able to check kingdra and lando as well as entirely wall this diancie set. Despite the benefits of being able to pass speed to a specs zone, I have found scarf to be more effective for a number of reasons. Scarf is still able to do its job and catch/eliminate ferro, but it also outspeeds and kills offensive scizor. Additionally, situational trapping of non-scarf exca, opposing mag, heatran and scizor is much more easily done with the scarf set, being able to exploit a quick volt switch much more effectively. Being faster than common threats such as keldeo and thundurus (especially thundurus against this team) is also an added bonus of scarf.

Horse Waifu (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
    Ability: Sniper
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Energy
    The star of the show is this sniper kingdra. Scope lens and a focus energy boost mean that critical hits will happen 100% of the time and the ability sniper means critical hits will do 2.25x the normal damage. Critical hits also ignore both kingdras stat drops from draco meteor and any opponents defense increases, allowing kingdra to repeatedly fire off boosted draco meteors. Draco meteor and hydro pump are the only two completely neccessary moves on the set, proving good coverage between them. Hydro pump also does more damage to faries such as clefable than flash cannon would and will sometimes ohko phys def clef regardless. The main benefit that kingdra possesses over manaphy on a team like this is that it does not require a set up turn when passed the lansat boost.
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand on a critical hit: 480-567 (140.7 - 166.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 144 SpD Mega Venusaur on a critical hit: 319-378 (87.8 - 104.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W on a critical hit: 400-472 (132 - 155.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Clefable on a critical hit: 355-420 (90.1 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite on a critical hit: 390-462 (120.7 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Mega Altaria on a critical hit: 345-408 (97.4 - 115.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
    252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Manaphy on a critical hit: 423-499 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Bug Waifu (Scolipede) @ Lansat Berry
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Protect
    - Baton Pass
    - Poison Jab / Megahorn
    Max speed investment allows scolipede to hit mons such as thundurus without needing to protect initially. This becomes relevant as there are some mons which look to gain momentum form the predicted protect turn by using nasty plot/SD or setting up a substitute and by running max speed (in an excellent speed tier of base 112) this come be more easily played around. Currently poison jab is ran as another way to hit clefable and to provide reliable damage however I think the switch to megahorn would be beneficial just to chunk weaviles. This is definitely up to personal preference. Substitute is necessary as it allows scolipede to drop its HP down in order to active the lansat berry giving a free focus energy. If for some reason the sub isnt broken then its normally better to baton pass out behind the sub to whatever team member is most beneficial. Baton passing is mostly to give the lansat / speed to kingdra to initiate a sweep, however speed can also be passed to lando just as easily, and sometimes to diancie on a predicted roar/whirlwind.

Meta Glue Waifu (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Gravity
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Swords Dance
    As usual lando finds his way onto this team however not utilising the most common rocky helmet set running around at the moment. The set may look gimmicky at first however it is quite effective for a number of reasons. Firstly, gravity can be used on a predicted levitating / flying switch in (most commonly rotom) and this will either guarantee the KO or guarantee damage on the switch in. Soft sand and adamant max atk allows earthquake to prevent quag from recovering enough HP to stall lando out if it is caught on the switch. Stone edge may seem redundant with gravity on the same set however it is important to hit mons such as tornadus-t or to complete a sweep without gravity when swords dance is used instead. On the rare occasion when lando is passed the lansat berry boost, stone edge also has the interesting quirk of always critting which sometimes comes in to play.

Pointy Waifu (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Dragon Tail
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    Bulky chomp is the rock setter of the team. It also provides chip damage and pressure on physical attackers such as medicham and lopunny which otherwise may give this team a hard time. Dragon tail is important to phaze mons attempting to sweep as well as being able to shuffle the opponents team and cause some residual damage. Toxic allows chomp to break down bulkier walls but is also helpful in allowing scolipede to effectively set up an unbroken sub by forcing the opponent to choose between switching or sacking the mon to prevent the sub.

Conclusion
    This team is able to easily power through low ladder and is able to competently take on the higher ladder common teams. Despite this, mega manectric is a pest to this team and might result in changing rocky helmet on chomp to yache berry. Additionally, shedinja stall and trick room are difficult matchups and require a little bit of luck to play around however they are both currently rare on the ladder.
    Some Replays (excuse the 2am misplays)
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-453070001
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-453075225
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-450512458
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-450424364
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-455365598

Last edited:
Holy crap dude, I love this Kingdra. I just started tonight and have already gotten quite a few wins with it. I went with Toxic Orb Breloom over Lando-T, just because I've been trying to find a team for a Breloom set I've been wanting to use. Here's one replay where I got Kingdra behind a sub with focus energy and a load of speed boosts:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-453718511

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hey man cool team,
First thing I can notice that I can notice is the major weakness to Mega Manectric, and other electric types in general. Since Garchomp isn't a reliable answer, and dance just loses to it if it takes one volt switch, your team doesn't really have that many counters for it. The one thing I suggest you change is making the Kingdra, a Kyurem.

Before you get all mad at me for changing the play style of your team, let me explain to you why I didn't do that at all. Kyurem still retains the Dragon Coverage that kingdra has but it also has well enough coverage that it's soft checks like tran won't be able to do anything if it gets critter. If you can get the Lansat Berry boost + Scope Lens the chance of critting is still 100%.(according to the help room). The whole point of Kyurem is to make mmane less of an issue, so you would need to run roost so you can continuously switchin to it. The speed EVs I gave it was so it can outpace Mega Lopunny at +1.

Kyurem @ Scope Lens
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

Anyway hf with this tell me if I was wrong with anything above

252+ SpA Sniper Kingdra Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow on a critical hit: 486-573 (151.4 - 178.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Kyurem Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow on a critical hit: 400-472 (124.6 - 147%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kingdra outdamages kyurem signficantly and youve also opened up a frightening weakness to keldeo. There's literally no point running a scope lens on kyurem and relying on the lansat pass, you might as well change scolipede to black sludge and play any other baton pass team at that point.
I agree kyurem-b or something would be a good addition to the team, but being a HO team its not neccessarily that important to carry hard counters to mons like manectric since its usually more beneficial to sack something and set up

It's such a good team which I'm looking for! I have reviewed all the replays you left, and will try to use this team to get my peak rate. Thanks!
And there's one problem I'd like to know:
What time should I send out Scolipede and speed up the Baton Pass to Kingdra? Should it be thought later while the whole battle? Or just make sure no one can beat Kingdra by OHKO?

You're right, its better to use most of the team members to weaken the enemy team to the point where you think kingdra will be able to sweep without anything surviving a hit. Garchomps rocky helmet and stuff are good for this. Then basically a good time to bring it out is any point when you see an opportunity to set up an unbroken substitute OR theres something like a keldeo locked into scald where you can baton pass into kingdra and it will 4x resist anyway. You dont always need to bring scolipede down in health to activate the lansat berry, sometimes its better to pass earlier and use focus energy instead. Practice makes perfect haha

You're right, its better to use most of the team members to weaken the enemy team to the point where you think kingdra will be able to sweep without anything surviving a hit. Garchomps rocky helmet and stuff are good for this. Then basically a good time to bring it out is any point when you see an opportunity to set up an unbroken substitute OR theres something like a keldeo locked into scald where you can baton pass into kingdra and it will 4x resist anyway. You dont always need to bring scolipede down in health to activate the lansat berry, sometimes its better to pass earlier and use focus energy instead. Practice makes perfect haha
Thanks a lot, I'm practicing now.

How does this team fair against stall? Also i really like what you got going on here
The Gravity+SwordDance Landorus-T does well to stall teams sometimes. Also I found that SpeedUp+CrticalBerry can baton pass to other teammates but not only for Kingdra to win the battle easily. Practice and find more :]

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456006997
Like this for example, straight up sacked magnezone because there was an opportunity to set up and win

I included some stall replays in the OP. You can outplay most stall teams with a little bit of thought
OK, yes, I have watched this rep. You are making Keldeo use scaled to you. I think I should practice more times to avoide from Calm Mind Keldeo.
:toast: Nice pre-read, all opponents are under your script!

I've used Critdra before and you want the fourth move to be agility instead of Icebeam. That allows it to boost its own speed if necessary and Ice beam doesn't damage anything significant more than either Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor

I've used Critdra before and you want the fourth move to be agility instead of Icebeam. That allows it to boost its own speed if necessary and Ice beam doesn't damage anything significant more than either Hydro Pump or Draco Meteor
Maybe, each can choose the proper move he needs. Hydro or Drametro is not 100% hit, sometimes IceBeam is better to deal with Landuros-T or Garchomp/Dragonite or other grass/flying type PMs.
Also I doubt will it be better if I use Surf to replace Hydro-Miss...

Last edited:
I think Scolipede must run Poison Jab on this build since Clefable (especially with Fire coverage) seems to be a huge pain to deal with:
+1/+1 Clef avoid 2HKO from Scarf Zone (sadly even uninvested Poison Jab from Scolipede is barely a 2HKO).
Here the scenario: Clefable comes in vs. TankChomp and guarantee to have a free turn. You have 2 options, either go ScarfZone (but it can't 2HKO +1/+1 Clef & get 2HKOed by fire coverage) or go Lando T threatening the 2HKO (but Moonblast deals ~40% on the switch, i.e. there's no next time switch in vs Clef for Lando-T provided SR up). In case you go Zone and Clef uses CM, you're forced to switch to Lando-T eventually as Zone cannot 2HKO Clef. In case you go Lando-T, you're forced to EQ (using other move or double switch wouldn't make sense as the opponent most likely not know your set yet) risking the opponent switch in an offensive ground immunity (Latis, Torn-T, etc.). Either way you're losing initiative and Clef still alive.

I would love to play test this team in Battle Spot. Do you know a good replacement for Diancie, only Pokemon I do not have at the moment.

Scolipedes HP should be divislbe by 4 to get the Lansat Berry boost at 25%. Otherwise you will get the Lansat Berry boost at a very low amount of HP and if the opponent predicts Subs on that turn and goes to TTar, you can click X.

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Poison Jab
- Baton Pass

I gave reasons why I run ice beam, specifically preenting mega altaria from hard walling and aiding a sweep by giving a 100% accurate move option since otherwise too many sweeps are cut short by relying on inaccurate moves when all you need to do is clean.

I would love to play test this team in Battle Spot. Do you know a good replacement for Diancie, only Pokemon I do not have at the moment.
Any fast stallbreaker, honestly if youre playing battlespot i'd use mega gengar or something

Scolipedes HP should be divislbe by 4 to get the Lansat Berry boost at 25%. Otherwise you will get the Lansat Berry boost at a very low amount of HP and if the opponent predicts Subs on that turn and goes to TTar, you can click X.

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Poison Jab
- Baton Pass
Its up to you really, having the extra stealth rock switch in + the ability to put up one extra substitute is nice too. The team is not critdra or x

Last edited:
Holy crap dude, I love this Kingdra. I just started tonight and have already gotten quite a few wins with it. I went with Toxic Orb Breloom over Lando-T, just because I've been trying to find a team for a Breloom set I've been wanting to use. Here's one replay where I got Kingdra behind a sub with focus energy and a load of speed boosts:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-453718511
Holy crap dude, low ladder is a thing.

Overall, not a bad team.

However, I noticed a couple weaknesses. One being you don't have many switch ins on Ground types- particulary, but not limited to ScarfChomp. So what switches in? Oh, TankChomp, which gets guranteed 2HKOed by Outrage. So then you hit it with a Dragon Tail? Yeah, and let's hope you get a 2HKO.

0 Atk Garchomp Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 168-200 (47 - 56%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO

Ground seems to be a problem for your team, as you have two weaknesses and one immunity. There's a couple Pokemon I recommend for this team, to replace either Diancie.

If you are dropping a Mega Evolution, you'll want to replace it with a Mega. As such, I recommend Mega Heracross. It resists Ground and hits back hard. While it's Speed is hardly adequate in OU, it has the defenses to live a hit or two. Let's look at the calculations.

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 175-207 (48.4 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO

While a 2HKO doesn't seem good, assuming Rocks are up from TankChomp, it hits back like a truck.

136+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 290-345 (81.2 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Assuming it has some sort of prior damage, whether it is rocks or an attack, it should have no problem killing. As such, I recommend Mega Heracross for your team to help fill up a weakness. And while it adds a few more issues, Magnezone should have no problem dealing with any of them.

Here is the set I used in my calculations.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Holy crap dude, low ladder is a thing.

Overall, not a bad team.

However, I noticed a couple weaknesses. One being you don't have many switch ins on Ground types- particulary, but not limited to ScarfChomp. So what switches in? Oh, TankChomp, which gets guranteed 2HKOed by Outrage. So then you hit it with a Dragon Tail? Yeah, and let's hope you get a 2HKO.

0 Atk Garchomp Dragon Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 168-200 (47 - 56%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO

Ground seems to be a problem for your team, as you have two weaknesses and one immunity. There's a couple Pokemon I recommend for this team, to replace either Diancie.

If you are dropping a Mega Evolution, you'll want to replace it with a Mega. As such, I recommend Mega Heracross. It resists Ground and hits back hard. While it's Speed is hardly adequate in OU, it has the defenses to live a hit or two. Let's look at the calculations.

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 175-207 (48.4 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO

While a 2HKO doesn't seem good, assuming Rocks are up from TankChomp, it hits back like a truck.

136+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 290-345 (81.2 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Assuming it has some sort of prior damage, whether it is rocks or an attack, it should have no problem killing. As such, I recommend Mega Heracross for your team to help fill up a weakness. And while it adds a few more issues, Magnezone should have no problem dealing with any of them.

Here is the set I used in my calculations.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute
Ive been playing around with this at the moment too but mostly you just lose to birdspam then. Honestly if youre worried about grounds I'd rather swap to a defensive lando and change helmet chomp to either SD chomp or LO kyurem-b.

You just lose to birdspam then. Honestly if youre worried about grounds I'd rather swap to a defensive lando and change helmet chomp to either SD chomp or LO kyurem-b
Not really. You just need to keep Magnezone around. You also have Landorus, which can Intimidate them and kill them with a Stone Edge. Also, I'm noticing you don't suggestions well, looking up. This is the Rate My Team subforum. This is where you are supposed to get suggestions.

Not really. You just need to keep Magnezone around. You also have Landorus, which can Intimidate them and kill them with a Stone Edge.
Have you ever faced birdspam? talon outspeeds zone and dragonite sets up, chomp can hardly set up rocks and
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 406-478 (126.8 - 149.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I don't think inviting a 4x weakness to flying is a good idea

Have you ever faced birdspam? talon outspeeds zone and dragonite sets up, chomp can hardly set up rocks and
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 406-478 (126.8 - 149.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I don't think inviting a 4x weakness to flying is a good idea
I don't think have two weaknesses to Ground is much better. Either way, your team has a major exploit. Pick your poison.

When ground gets priority brave bird and aerialate quick attack let me know
Ground is still a good type, so BS. If you don't want Heracross, because you are automatically right (not), go with something that's resistant or neutral to Flying and Ground.

Ground is still a good type, so BS. If you don't want Heracross, because you are automatically right (not), go with something that's resistant or neutral to Flying and Ground.
I don't have a problem with people suggesting things, i have a problem with people suggesting bad things when they definitely havent even attempted to play with the team before criticizing it. There arent any relevant ground types which are outspeeding diancie/zone (or even kingdra if you ignore chomp) which dont get 2hkod on the switch and any bulky grounds which can tank the hits arent a threat to HO anyway. A scarfer locked into EQ is set up bait for this team. That's my last

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)