Crobat (Full Revamp)+

Haven't got around to this, but testing Life Orb Bat sounds intriguing Colonel M. From a theorymon standpoint, Life Orb + Brave Bird recoil seems undesirable, but nailing Heatran and other steels is priceless (cough Scizor cough).

Ok, just wanted to know where to stand on this. Much of this revamp was refined because Crobat had a niche as one of the best Shaymin-S "counters," so certain sets such as the Brave Bat, were tailored with EVs to do so. So, do I leave this the way it is or remove all references?

Still haven't tested Life Orb bat yet. I think Expert Belt may be better since Brave Bird recoil + Life Orb is going to be deadly. I will come up with an EV spread for this shortly.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Leave it the way it is, IMO. Skymin's about to be retested... Maybe not upload now but don't delete your hard work.

If you want to remove the references as he is currently Uber, you can do so, but don't delete the Shaymin S version.

I have a comment about the NP Crobat set. You mentioned that it's main option for an attack is STAB Sludge Bomb. Sure it may get that 1.5 boost due to it's poison typing but poison isn't too common of an attacking type and it isn't too reliable in my opinion. An alternative could be Air Slash. It also provides STAB 1.5 boost and with Crobat's swift speed, the flinch would be nice when it occurs. Other then that, it's good. Good job with the other sets too. :)

[SET]
name: Brave Bat
move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Roost
move 4: U-turn / Substitute
item: Leftovers
nature: Jolly
evs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> The EVs allow enough Attack to guarentee a OHKO on 4HP Shaymin-S, and enough HP to reach a Leftovers threshold, while still retaining an odd HP stat for switching in to Stealth Rock.</p>

Just noticed this.

And btw Please don't bring up the Air Slash discussion again.

Just a little something to add. With Trick becoming ever more common, it would be a good idea to swap Leftovers for Blacksludge on this and ALL Poison types. That way, if Trick is used by a non poison type (Which is highly likely. I think Gengar is the only poison type with Trick) they get damaged instead of healed.

Ok, bumping this.

I removed the references to Shaymin-S. So if there are no further comments this analysis is finished.

I didn't have to change up the EV spread for Brave Bat, since the one I had also gives a ~60% chance to OHKO a Max HP Machamp with Stealth Rock, as you do 88-100%. So, I think the EV spread was sufficient already. (Who knew Shaymin-S was nearly as bulky as Machamp???? Stealth Rock makes a HUGE difference!!!!)

@ AnimeAlex. The reason why we don't put Black Sludge on analysis IIRC is because if someone uses Trick and grabs your Black Sludge, they can then trick it on to one of your walls. Since we don't use Item clause, theres no reason not to use Leftovers :-D.

@Colonel M. About the Brave Bird / Heat Wave / HP Ground set: Crobat doesn't have the offense to be splitting EVs, especially since he has to devote them all to Speed first. Heat Wave can beat Skarmory and Forretress in theory, but usually Taunt is good enough to disable them. I guess you can use it on Scizor, but he is dealing massive damage with CB Bullet Punch before you attack anyway. Hidden Power Ground also won't even OHKO Heatan unless you use Maximum attack, which grants you a 100% chance to OHKO Naive ScarfTran with Stealth Rock. However, he is going to hit you for a minimum 75% anyway. If you aren't fighting -SpDef Heatran, you probably won't KO. Anyway, you get my drift... Crobat lacks the offenses to do such a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)