Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Adamant
- Brave Bird
- Steel Wing
- Cross Poison
- U-turn

I call it the A-10, to keep coverage, hit hard to allow others to take over

Fairy types are hardly being used because they're frail on the physically defensive side. The only fairy worth mentioning is Arceus Fairy because it has defensive bulk. Any physical attacker can take care of a Fairy type. Crobat excels as a supporter. If you want to use a subpar offensive set, prepare to be disappointed as any pokemon with some bulk can easily manage it.

Fairy types are hardly being used
Wat.
According to the recent Pokebank OU statistics, 6 Fairy type pokemon (Klefki, Azumaril, Togekiss, Mawile, Florges, Sylveon) are being used in the top 50, that's over 10%.
The only fairy worth mentioning is Arceus Fairy because it has defensive bulk.
Wat.
So Xerneas (The #1 used Uber from the statistics) isn't worth mentioning?

While I agree that Crobat is a better support than a damage dealer, it is VERY foolish to discredit the new Fairy type mons like that and you might try actually looking things up before posting them as fact.

Last edited:
I think that crobat is going to be the best scout/stallbreaker lead in the meta

252 hp 252 speed 6 atk jolly
Infiltrator
Black sludge

Brave bird
Taunt
U turn
Defog

He stops a majority of Pokemon trying to set up entry hazards because of his speed and a u turn after taunt usually will force a
switch if you u turn into something scary (which you should) when used in the right core he can shut down entire strategies
On top of that he can use a life orb to make brave bird pretty dangerous even without attack ev investment it can still do some hefty damage this will make him more of a suicidal lead but sometimes that works better for him
All in all I think he will do much better in the current meta then in previous generations he has the right tools and stat distribution to be one of the most annoying leads ever.

Last edited:
Trapper Crobat.
LOL, I'm just theorymoning the very weird Venom Drench. :P
It lowers the Atk, SpAtk and Spe of the opposing Pokemon but ONLY if it is poisoned.
Infiltrator Crobat@Leftovers: Mean Look | Venom Drench | Poison Fang/Toxic | Roost
(According to serebii Poison Fang now has a 50% chance to inflict Toxic Poison so it's an option to deal direct damage as well)
Venom Drench will cushion blows while Crobat has Roost to heal.
But the real point will be to switch to something vicious that can set up on the thoroughly debuffed trapped mon before it faints.
Steels are a problem. Some of them, like Ferrothorn, are Magnezone bait. But others, like Lucario, will make this risky in OU.
Might try this on Evolite Golbat once we have lower tiers. Something like SD Zangoose would appreciate a turn against a weakened mon.

I like the idea of a heatwave Crobat, wish it could breed Flare blitz and brave bird.
BTW why sludge bomb over cross poison?

OMG, I'd totally use a Flare Blitz Crobat! 'Making things crispy since 2013!'

And Infiltrator should be a boon on Crobat. A speedy Pokémon, Brave Birding the crud out of everything and being completely unaffected by Dual Screens and Sub. Better than having Inner Focus as an Ability. :I

I like the idea of a heatwave Crobat, wish it could breed Flare blitz and brave bird.
BTW why sludge bomb over cross poison?
It CAN breed Brave Bird, it is the main stab people use in most sets. It can't get Flare Blitz but without stab it would just be a crappier version of Talon Flame with 5 more speed at that point.

Posted this on another thread, but this is what I have been running.

Crobat Infiltrator
Adamant Blacksludge
Brave Bird
Defog
Roost
Uturn
252 attack/252 speed/6hp

It has been working very well. It outspeeds almost anything, after I get rid of all hazards, it doubles as a major threat, brave birding late game, and has longevity. Its very simple, very strong, and capable. I have been running it both on my in game team, and on showdown, and so far I have been very happy with it.

It CAN breed Brave Bird, it is the main stab people use in most sets. It can't get Flare Blitz but without stab it would just be a crappier version of Talon Flame with 5 more speed at that point.
i meant to rephrase that sorry, but still i feel if it had Flare Blitz at least it could take down Skarmory, which is crobats biggest counter

I've been using Crobat to great success this gen (bear in mind this is pre-Poke Bank)

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Jolly
Infiltrator
Brave Bird
Defog
Roost
Taunt

232 HP / 84 Attack /192 Speed

The EV's ensure maximum HP investment for Brave Bird while still retaining a Leftovers number and allowing Crobat to switch into Stealth Rock five times. The Speed outpaces + Speed Greninja by a single point (Jolteon/Aerodactyl/Weavile/Talonflame can all take on Crobat with priority or type-advantage) and the Attack EV's are basically there to give Brave Bird a bit more bite.

I love this set, since it functions as a great supporter to the team. Defog gets rid of pesky hazards and since Crobat is part Flying, it only needs to worry about Stealth Rock, which it can easily Roost off. Taunt is great as a lead which is what I normally do if the opponent has a Smeargle. Other options for Crobat that I have tried in the past are Haze and U-Turn, both of which are great to use, especially U-Turn if the opponent brings in something like a Tyranitar. You could even run Cross Poison if your Dragon's need the Fairy-Types to deal with it (darn 4MSS). Infiltrator is godly, I've seen far too many Scolipede run Baton Pass with Speed Boost and being able to KO the switch in behind a Substitute is nothing short of amazing.

What other partners are people running alongside Crobat? I'm currently using a Toxic Orb Breloom, who deals with Rotom-W, who is quite prevelant, as well as helping out against Crobat's worst enemies, Steel and Rock Type Pokemon.

You can try a Jolteon and a Scizor. Jolteon threatens to absorb electric attacks and Scizor has solid bulk and they all have U-Turn/Volt Switch making them all good scouts with constant hit and runs.

Wat.
According to the recent Pokebank OU statistics, 6 Fairy type pokemon (Klefki, Azumaril, Togekiss, Mawile, Florges, Sylveon) are being used in the top 50, that's over 10%.
How do you find the usage stats?
Regardless, I don't think top 50 is 10% usage. BW OU had 50 mons and they start at something like 3% usage from memory.
edit: I found it. It was a sticky thread the whole time. 0_0
But I was right. Only the top 11 Pokemon had over 10% usage. The only Fairy in that set is Azumarill.

Last edited:
Would the item Safety Goggles be viable on Crobat? It gives it an immunity to powder and weather damage, allowing him to be a better stall breaker. He is already equipped with excellent recovery in Roost.

Would the item Safety Goggles be viable on Crobat? It gives it an immunity to powder and weather damage, allowing him to be a better stall breaker. He is already equipped with excellent recovery in Roost.
Leftys serve one goal Roost can't accomplish - they give a better chance for one more BB, especially after swithing into SR(and Crobat is meant to switch into SR, being a Defog user). Also, you don'h have to waste a turn on recovery move, giving your opponent a chance to switch to counter or something.
But Goggles is a viable alternative imo, especially for the lead and to definitely check Breloom together with Smeargle

How do you find the usage stats?
Regardless, I don't think top 50 is 10% usage. BW OU had 50 mons and they start at something like 3% usage from memory.
edit: I found it. It was a sticky thread the whole time. 0_0
But I was right. Only the top 11 Pokemon had over 10% usage. The only Fairy in that set is Azumarill.
That's not what he was saying. He was saying that about 10% of the Pokémon in the top 50 are fairy-type.

Garchompi

Banned deucer.
Is Poison Fang worth using over Cross Poison now that it's 50% chance to inflict Toxic?
Definitely.
50% chance of Toxic + damage is better than 100% chance of Toxic and no damage. After all Heatran often runs Lava Plume over WoW for that exact reason, and it's only a 30% chance to burn.

You can try a Jolteon and a Scizor. Jolteon threatens to absorb electric attacks and Scizor has solid bulk and they all have U-Turn/Volt Switch making them all good scouts with constant hit and runs.
*nods* of course there can be some pretty good swap outs but jolteon and Scizor have lower Speed then Crobat making him an in and out hitter. Plus u turn after choice scarf allows you to switch to something that hits said opponent better. And can ignore if start up was to set up hazards, Better yet send out MB espeon and give them their hazards back

Definitely.
50% chance of Toxic + damage is better than 100% chance of Toxic and no damage. After all Heatran often runs Lava Plume over WoW for that exact reason, and it's only a 30% chance to burn.
Well that depends on what your trying to do, Both have benefits
Cross Poison although not as good against bulky hitters can allow you to hit Mega Gardevoir and knock her on her ass. Of course the major increase is nice.

I've been using Crobat mostly with Taunt/Roost/Defog/Brave Bird. And holding a lum berry.

Lum berry is to stop t-wave that makes him nearly useless, and to let him be a stop to the treacherous Boobookeys.
Brave bird lets him stop sub users, especially trevenant and perish gengar.
Taunt stops Rusekeys, most leads, Smeargle, Breloom, and all.
Defog + Roost for getting rid of sneaky stalagmites and healing off the damage.

But thinking about it, a super effective STAB Cross Poison on Gardevoir is only 210 EP (effective power), whereas a neutral STAB Brave Bird is 180 EP, so why even use Cross Poison against most Fairies? Is it really worth the extra 30 power?

But thinking about it, a super effective STAB Cross Poison on Gardevoir is only 210 EP (effective power), whereas a neutral STAB Brave Bird is 180 EP, so why even use Cross Poison against most Fairies? Is it really worth the extra 30 power?
yes because if you dont kill mega gardevoir she will wreck a team

yes because if you dont kill mega gardevoir she will wreck a team
Cross poison will only get a guaranteed OHKO with an adament nature and 248 EVs, so you must be talking about a offensive variant and not a support one.
I would think poison fang would fit onto a support set well. Maybe switching defog for it if something else on your team can learn defog.

We really need to list which kind of variant we are discussing to avoid confusion.

Mega gardevoir's 100 base speed is okay, but it's still able to be checked by faster physical mons and scarfed revenge killers. I doubt mega gardevoir will wreck an entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)