XY OU CroCune F/W/G Core (First RMT)

The Team At A Glance

Hey guys, Wheezer here, this is my first RMT and I would really appreciate the help. The Team is based around CroCune (Which is greatly underestimated) in a F/W/G core on a Balanced Team. This Team peaked at 1652 on the OU ladder.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is the standard CroCune set, designed to sweep late-game after all the pokes that it has trouble with are taken care of (Although I all too often need it to take a hit earlier in the game, and I am currently trying to figure out how to fix this problem). CroCrune is very bulky and is 3HKO'ed at most by the strongest physical attackers (Which it needs to be able to do to its job correctly).

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Venusaur has great synergy with Heatran (hence Venutran), and helps ease the burden of taking physical hits off of Suicune. I like using Sleep Powder over Leech Seed on Venusaur because it helps cripple key threats and gives free switches or synthesis. Also, Giga Drain, Synthesis, and Leech Seed seems a bit redundant. The one problem I have with Venusaur is keeping it Healthy (And yes, I know that sounds like I'm contradicting myself, but I've tried Leech Seed, and it doesn't help all that much.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Taunt

Heatran is the last member of the F/W/G core, and does its job as a Special Wall very well. Heatran is also my Stealth Rocker, and gets many chances to get rocks up. Taunt is useful against Pokes like Clefable and other Stall Pokemon. Leftovers is the item of choice and can keep heatran surprisingly healthy.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Superpower

I cannot stress enough how great of a Wallbreaker Thundurus is. There is no wall what-so-ever that wants to switch in on Thundurus. It does take a bit of predicting to use, but it pays off in the end. I use Psychic over Hidden Power Ice because I find Venusaur more of a threat. Thundurus does a great job as a Revenge Killer or getting rid of Pokes Suicune appreciates gone.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is the spinner on my team and is sometimes used as a revenge killer. It does an O.K. job on my team, but I feel it is a necessary part of the team because of its ability to get rid of Rocks. I feel like my team could use some more speed, and Excadrill isn't exactly the fastest poke out there.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Azumarill is the last member of the team. It is there for a little bit of Bulk and Priority. Not much else. It take one or two hits for Suicune but not anymore than that. This is pretty much just the Choice Band set on the Analysis. Nothing special.

Conclusion
This is my first RMT so sorry for any mistakes. Any help with the team would be greatly Appreciated. In particular, I am looking for a Poke to help take some hits that Suicune often needs to take, A way to get a little bit more speed on the team, a replacement for Azumarill, and maybe something else for Excadrill. But really, anything helps. Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:
Hey I like your team Ive played with almost the same team a few weeks ago and one big problem is Mega-Medicham it destroys lmost everything besides Azumarill.
Maybe Suicune can tae HJK but it can punch wholes in your team Im not sure how to fix that problem maybe with Latias but then Ice Punch could be a problem on the switch in.

On Venusaur I prefer leech seed over sleep powder but thats just me cause I never hit sleep powders :D

Correct me if Im wrong and u dont have problems with mega-medicham.

Slowbro could wall it but then Suicune would have to go and I understand Suicunes role and really wanna build my own team arount it.

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey this is a pretty nice looking team, although I agree that Excadrill and Azumarill don't really fit well with the rest of the team. You also mentioned that you would want Pokemon to keep powerful attacks off of Suicune so its ability to sweep isn't compromised. For that reason, I would suggest using Latias over Excadrill. While you lose Rapid Spin, Defog largely makes up for it especially as Latias is both a lot faster and a lot more durable than Excadrill. You also don't really have any Pokemon that necessarily need to get rid of Hazards (Thundurus maybe, but even then it functions perfectly fine if it doesn't have to switch into Stealth Rocks more than once). Latias also means that you don't have to switch Suicune into Keldeo as a burned Suicune is forced to Rest a lot faster and Venusaur doesn't like burns at all. Latias also minimizes the amount of critical switching you need to do to beat Charizard Y. To complement this change, I would also replace Azumarill with Ferrothorn. While you lose a priority move, Ferrothorn offers a lot more to your team with its ability to beat Greninja without Hidden Power Fire, who are handled by either Venusaur or Suicune depending on the move they're missing. It also makes you a lot less weak to Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados and, most importantly, allows you to use Stealth Rock on it instead of Heatran freeing up one of Heatrans moveslots. I would suggest using Toxic on Heatran as Charizard X is a huge threat otherwise and your current Heatran set can't do a whole lot to stop it. Finally, I would suggest making Venusaur just a little bit faster and using Hidden Power Fire over Sludge Bomb as otherwise Focus Punch Mawile will have a field day against your team as you can't break its substitutes in one hit. The extra speed helps with the occassional max speed Belly Drum Azumarill while also outspeeding pretty much every Mawile. Heatran beats most Pokemon hurt by Sludge Bomb, such as Azumarill and Charizard X, just fine (Suicune sets up on bulky Charizard X with Earthquake so that's fine too). You could consider making Thundurus a Prankster variant as well if you feel like you need more insurance against setup sweepers, but your current set is just fine too.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitiate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip

Hey this is a pretty nice looking team, although I agree that Excadrill and Azumarill don't really fit well with the rest of the team. You also mentioned that you would want Pokemon to keep powerful attacks off of Suicune so its ability to sweep isn't compromised. For that reason, I would suggest using Latias over Excadrill. While you lose Rapid Spin, Defog largely makes up for it especially as Latias is both a lot faster and a lot more durable than Excadrill. You also don't really have any Pokemon that necessarily need to get rid of Hazards (Thundurus maybe, but even then it functions perfectly fine if it doesn't have to switch into Stealth Rocks more than once). Latias also means that you don't have to switch Suicune into Keldeo as a burned Suicune is forced to Rest a lot faster and Venusaur doesn't like burns at all. Latias also minimizes the amount of critical switching you need to do to beat Charizard Y. To complement this change, I would also replace Azumarill with Ferrothorn. While you lose a priority move, Ferrothorn offers a lot more to your team with its ability to beat Greninja without Hidden Power Fire, who are handled by either Venusaur or Suicune depending on the move they're missing. It also makes you a lot less weak to Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados and, most importantly, allows you to use Stealth Rock on it instead of Heatran freeing up one of Heatrans moveslots. I would suggest using Toxic on Heatran as Charizard X is a huge threat otherwise and your current Heatran set can't do a whole lot to stop it. Finally, I would suggest making Venusaur just a little bit faster and using Hidden Power Fire over Sludge Bomb as otherwise Focus Punch Mawile will have a field day against your team as you can't break its substitutes in one hit. The extra speed helps with the occassional max speed Belly Drum Azumarill while also outspeeding pretty much every Mawile. Heatran beats most Pokemon hurt by Sludge Bomb, such as Azumarill and Charizard X, just fine (Suicune sets up on bulky Charizard X with Earthquake so that's fine too). You could consider making Thundurus a Prankster variant as well if you feel like you need more insurance against setup sweepers, but your current set is just fine too.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitiate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip
Thx Unbirthday! I will definitely make those changes. I really appreciate you taking your time to reply. I think Latias is a good idea because i often find suicune taking fighting moves. I also like the idea of hp fire on venu, because I often find my venu facing ferro or scizor. I don't use sludge bomb a whole lot anyways. This does make my team lean a little bit more towards the stall side, but that's fine because Thundurus is such a great wallbreaker. I think I will put HP ice back on thundy now that I have Latias for Venusaur. I will try out the new team right away, thx again.

Hey I like your team Ive played with almost the same team a few weeks ago and one big problem is Mega-Medicham it destroys lmost everything besides Azumarill.
Maybe Suicune can tae HJK but it can punch wholes in your team Im not sure how to fix that problem maybe with Latias but then Ice Punch could be a problem on the switch in.

On Venusaur I prefer leech seed over sleep powder but thats just me cause I never hit sleep powders :D

Correct me if Im wrong and u dont have problems with mega-medicham.

Slowbro could wall it but then Suicune would have to go and I understand Suicunes role and really wanna build my own team arount it.
Thx, I also have problems with Mega Medicham. Especially if its a lead with substitute. If I lead with the wrong poke, More than not Ill have to sac 2 pokes, which is definitely not ideal. I've thought the same thing, to replace suicune with slowbro. Azumarill can do an O.K. job of dealing with Mega Medicham I guess. Ya, I miss leech seed more than sleep powder, so I'm sticking with it. My team also falls to strong special attackers such as thundurus, landorus, and charizard-y with EQ. My team also has a bit of trouble with megazard-x (but then again, what team doesn't?). Good luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)