-OHKO Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-Timed Match
-Species Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Deoxys-E is allowed
-Wobbuffet is banned
-Syclant, Revenankh, and Pyroak are allowed.
-CAP 4 (Fidgit) will not be allowed.

CaP Modifications:

These 3 Pokemon have been added.

Amazing Ampharos's rules/Modifications:

This contains most of them. And This has the rest.

Captains rules:

Here.

Captains Modifications:

Can be found Here.

Pokemonexperte's rules:

Normal OU rules/clauses and the same tier list as Smogon.

Pokemonexperte's Modifications:

None.

You must also follow this rule across all servers:

Always respect the rules and stuff of other servers.
If you get banned for an opponents server its your own fault, however if someone is banned so that they can't do their battle without breaking a rule the server that banned them may be DQ'd for cheating.
Think carefully and save logs if you plan to ban a member of an opposing team. The same goes for doing dumb stuff on other teams servers, always remember to read their rules.
Also don't be overly rude to them on their or your forums, I would hope that the mods would deal with this anyway.

The Pairing:

(AAMS) Sandslash v (CMS) Bass
AAMS: Sandslash
CaP: Bass
PkEx: Bass
CMS: Bass

This round will be a be a best out of 4 battle. If there is a tie, then both players must select a server (not their home server) to do the final battle on.

CMS (1): CMS WINS THE TOURNAMENT
Bass

AAMS (0):

Sandslash

The deadline is August 28st.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
The tally so far is:

I won at CaP and PkEx

Sandslash won at AAMS.

It's up to CMS!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
C'mon Basshole, bring this home for team pingas.

*puts some of cms's welcome text in for inspiration*

Captain: do I need to fucking eat cake I please you night and bathroom over 12 moons it's as I said it shan't be odometer eats pennies.
Eylao: The cat crows at the sun in the night
Plus: My tummy hurts
Captain: *throws koopa football player at plus*

Eylao: semi nude beach
Eylao: there's such thing?
Eylao: does that mean you can onlly be topless or pantsless
Eylao: not both
Bobtheball4: there was like 100 people there, and 3 people nude
Bobtheball4: and stuff
Eylao: how does that work for guys thoughk
Eylao: do you only show one testicle or something

Plus: i just took a shit and my ass is burning
Plus: GAHHHHHHHH MY ASS IT BURNS
Bass: GET USED TO IT
Bass: PINGAS BURNING IS WORSE
Plus: QUICK BASS THROW A PINGAS AT ME TO EASE MY PAINS
Bass: I am snooPING AS I throw my PINGAS
Plus: *eats pingas*
Plus: I FEEL FORTIFIED WITH THE POWER OF SNOOPINGASUSUAL

I think that will do. GO BASSHOLE :D

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This should be interesting.... May the best/server player win.

This first Cross-Server Tournament has gone quite well, but it can be improved.

I have been planing the next tournament, with the changes that should be ready for it, it should be even better than this:
8 Teams (including some groups without a server like the NK's and LCF) with 4 players each (so that the smaller teams only need to use their core members, not semi-active ones who may not learn the other metagames), a much, much more interesting round structure, possibly a forum so that it does not need to be run from one or another of the team's home forum, shorter deadlines (so it will not take so long) and so much more.

The plan right now is to have it over the Christmas holidays, but that may change.

And a big Thank You to Bass for running this when I had to be away!

AAMS is kinda dead as well ¬_¬

I am joking, but honestly out of our team of eight, less than half actually plays AA's mod regularly/knows any of the mods, let alone actually plays OU standard. Shows we didn't do too badly when you think about it.

AAMS is kinda dead as well ¬_¬

I am joking, but honestly out of our team of eight, less than half actually plays AA's mod regularly/knows any of the mods, let alone actually plays OU standard. Shows we didn't do too badly when you think about it.
The nonmod servers were far more pathetic, practically nobody even tried to learn any nonhome metagame and the one person who I know for sure did, couldn't adapt worth anything. I'm very disappointed in the results despite the fact we won.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its official, Captains modded server has won!

Congrats to Bass and CMS, and consolations to AA's, Sandslash and the other servers and players who were knocked out sooner.

I feel that this tournament was a partial success, it proved that you can organise a tournament across several metagames and that the different servers are willing to play together. It has also shown that smaller teams would be a better idea to allow the smaller servers to only use their most active members, and that the teams who make a good attempt at learning unfamiliar metagames have the best chances. However there were some problems, quite a few players did not complete battles (Round 1 was the worst, it was probably a dumb idea to do a 4 player groups round to start it off.), many players did not practice enough in one or more metagames, and it took far longer than originally planed. We can and will learn these lessons and improve upon the structure.

The forum in which the next epic tourney will be run will be up within the next couple of days.

Edit:
Here a timeline that shows how many players each server had at the end of each round, click on the Round's name to go to its thread.

First Thread

Round 1:

CaP (4):
Magmortified*
Gouki
Cooper
Poopazing

CMS (4):
Captain*
Bass
Sonaxy
Bobtheball4

AAMS (6):
Amazing Ampharos*
Sir Spanky
BBM
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks
PT8Sceptile

PkEx (2):
xanatoss
Flygon

AA's takes an early lead with CaP and CMS both doing quite well, PkEx however loses 3/4 of its players in the first round.

Round 2

CaP (1):
Magmortified*

CMS (3):
Captain*
Bass
Bobtheball4

AAMS (4):
BBM Sir Spanky
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks

PkEx (0):

AA's is still in the lead but it has decreased, CMS is also doing well, but PkEx gets knocked out and CaP losses all but one player.
This is the round when you start to see that this tournament will be dominated by the servers with heavy modifications.

Round 3

CaP (0):

CMS (1):
Bass

AAMS (3):
BBM
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks

CaP's last hope, Magmortified, is beaten by Sandslash, CMS is reduced to one player by BBM and Phiddlesticks, AA's increase its lead.
Here only the servers who have made large changes remain, and the larger servers are eliminated.

Round 4

CMS (1):
Bass

AAMS (1):

Sandslash

Bass takes down BBM and Sandslash beats one of his own team, Phiddlesticks. AA's lead is now non-existent, its down to the last match.

Final

CMS (1):
Bass

AAMS (0):

In an epic final Bass takes victory for CMS, winning on every server except for AA's.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bass won, but Bass was from Captain's server, therefore Captain and the other teammates won. Right? >_>

Well really there are two things to address here.

Firstly (aimed at Captain), imo it is quite rude to not even say 'we' won. Saying 'I' is both rude to your fellow community member, and not particularly accurate. 'You' only won two matches in the actual tournament, both of which were on your own server...

Secondly, I really don't think this could be called a Team tourney. Let me just post a few of the match ups here.
Round 1:
Crunk Juice (AA's) vs PT8Sceptile (AA's)
Cooper (CAP) vs Yoni (CAP)
xanatoss (PkEx) vs TheNick (PkEx)
Captain (CMS) vs Plus (CMS)
Phiddlesticks (AAs) vs Amazing Ampharos (AAs)

Round 2:
Sonaxy (CMS) vs Bobtheball4 (CMS)
PT8Sceptile (AAs) vs Phiddlesticks (AAs)
Amazing Ampharos (AAs) vs Sir Spanky (AAs)

Semi finals:
Phiddlesticks (AAs) vs Sandslash (AAs)

Regardlesss of the fact that AA's faced each other more than anyone else (which I don't care about), the fact that any team member faced an ally/teammate at all implies that one was battling for oneself and not as part of a team. It really doesn't make sense.

Congrats to Bass anyway! You beat some gg battlers.

edit: I just hope I don't come across at all bitter in these posts, as I honestly don't care about any losses incurred etc. However I was just pointing out the structure of the tourney was fairly unclear from the word go, and quite flawed imo.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well really there are two things to address here.

Firstly (aimed at Captain), imo it is quite rude to not even say 'we' won. Saying 'I' is both rude to your fellow community member, and not particularly accurate. 'You' only won two matches in the actual tournament, both of which were on your own server...

Secondly, I really don't think this could be called a Team tourney. Let me just post a few of the match ups here.
Round 1:
Crunk Juice (AA's) vs PT8Sceptile (AA's)
Cooper (CAP) vs Yoni (CAP)
xanatoss (PkEx) vs TheNick (PkEx)
Captain (CMS) vs Plus (CMS)
Phiddlesticks (AAs) vs Amazing Ampharos (AAs)

Round 2:
Sonaxy (CMS) vs Bobtheball4 (CMS)
PT8Sceptile (AAs) vs Phiddlesticks (AAs)
Amazing Ampharos (AAs) vs Sir Spanky (AAs)

Semi finals:
Phiddlesticks (AAs) vs Sandslash (AAs)

Regardlesss of the fact that AA's faced each other more than anyone else (which I don't care about), the fact that any team member faced an ally/teammate at all implies that one was battling for oneself and not as part of a team. It really doesn't make sense.

Congrats to Bass anyway! You beat some gg battlers.

edit: I just hope I don't come across at all bitter in these posts, as I honestly don't care about any losses incurred etc. However I was just pointing out the structure of the tourney was fairly unclear from the word go, and quite and flawed imo.
Agreeing completely, Pools should have been set up so there was one from each server. After pool play though, it could have been fair game.

eric the espeon

Yea the rounds did not work as well as planed. I like the idea of having it set up so teams will not battle eachother and it will probably be implemented.

Just to be clear though; playing your team mate is not a disadvantage, it assures that at least one of your team will get to the next round,
something that is not certain otherwise. I can see that it is annoying though.
And the reason you played eachother so much is 'cos you had more players left in than any other team throughout the tournament.

It was a kind of team tournament. Even though you each played for yourselves you were on a team and that was were you trained. Captain himself did not win, but a member of his team (and by extension the rest of the team) did.

eh, I was thinking of the team when I thought of that. Bass and Me are very close, any of the main policymakers winning is a major victory as we're basically the same, even if I lose first round. Nevertheless, I will change it to we as to be more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)