Cross-Server Tournament: Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cross-Server Tournament: Round 3

Note: It is YOUR responsibility, NOT MINE, to contact your opponent and schedule your match.

Rules and Modifications:

CaP rules:

-OHKO Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-Timed Match
-Species Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Deoxys-E is allowed
-Wobbuffet is banned
-Syclant, Revenankh, and Pyroak are allowed.
-CAP 4 will not be allowed.

CaP Modifications:

These 3 Pokemon have been added.

Amazing Ampharos's rules/Modifications:

This contains most of them. And This has the rest.

Captains rules:

Here.

Captains Modifications:

Can be found Here.

Pokemonexperte's rules:

Normal OU rules/clauses and the same tier list as Smogon.

Pokemonexperte's Modifications:

None.

You must also follow this rule across all servers:

Always respect the rules and stuff of other servers.
If you get banned for an opponents server its your own fault, however if someone is banned so that they can't do their battle without breaking a rule the server that banned them may be DQ'd for cheating.
Think carefully and save logs if you plan to ban a member of an opposing team. The same goes for doing dumb stuff on other teams servers, always remember to read their rules.
Also don't be overly rude to them on their or your forums, I would hope that the mods would deal with this anyway.

The Pairings:
(CaP) Magmortified vs (AAMS) Sandslash
CaP: Magmortified
CMS: Sandslash
AAMS:

(CMS) Bass vs (AAMS) Sir Spanky
CaP: Bass
CMS: Bass
PkEx: Sir Spanky

(AAMS) Phiddlesticks vs (CMS) Captain
CaP: Phiddlesticks
CMS: Captain
AAMS: Phiddlesticks

(CMS) Bobtheball4 vs (AAMS) BBM:
CaP: Bobtheball4
AAMS: BBM
PkEx: BBM

Stats:

Key:
Advanced
Eliminated
To Be Determined
Team Captain*

CaP (0):

Magmortified*

CMS (1):
Captain*
Bass
Bobtheball4

AAMS (3):
BBM
Sir Spanky
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks

You must play your opponent on all 3 servers listed below your pairing, find them on whatever one is listed first unless you agree otherwise by PM, then move on to the next server then the last. Only post here when you have done all 3 battles unless your opponent disappears unexpectedly.
PM your opponent to arrange a a battle now.

The deadline is August 13th. This should be PLENTY of time for you guys to get your battles done. Therefore, I will not be offering any extensions.

*Note: I will be on a week-long road trip until the 6th.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
well, i started school :'( but in hawaii, everyone starts school early, but has lotsa waiver days, and gets out early... and on mondays and thursdays i have an after school thing, and on thursdays is extra late, and theres gonna be 1 random day where im gonna be late, so i get back normally around 9pm est time, and will be on till 1-3am est time

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I am back so can run this round, unfortunately I will be leaving AGAIN on the 5th. As most of the players who have made it this far should be quite active.... try to get your battles done ASAP please. If by the 5th only one pair of people remains who have not battled I may well call this round to a close and start the next.

Also it is interesting to see that the heavily modded servers (CMS & AAs) have a large lead, it shows that they probably knew OU to a large extent but most of the players from the other servers did not bother to practice that much with their metagame.....

I advise players to have a tab open with info on any metagame you do not know 100% so you can look up anything that you are not sure about mid-battle.

Hello! I am back so can run this round, unfortunately I will be leaving AGAIN on the 5th. As most of the players who have made it this far should be quite active.... try to get your battles done ASAP please.
Bass can't get his battle done before the 5th because he's stated that he's gone on a mandatory road trip until the 8th or 9th, I'm sure he'll get it done as soon as he gets back assuming Sir Spanky lets him.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Confirming. =(

I won the match on CAP, but Sandslash was winning on Captain's and I figured I hadn't a chance on AAMS. =P

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bass can't get his battle done before the 5th because he's stated that he's gone on a mandatory road trip until the 8th or 9th, I'm sure he'll get it done as soon as he gets back assuming Sir Spanky lets him.
mm.. I see your point, you and Bass's match could be postponed.

Also Mag come on you are CaP's last hope. At least give it a try you may win by hax or something....

Bass

Brother in arms
I am still around. I am typing this message from my aunt's laptop, so I am still hundreds of miles away from my main computer with shoddy. Good news (but technically bad in real life since my vacation is cut short) is that I will be coming back earlier than I thought -- On the 6th, so getting my match dine should hopefully not be a problem.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AAs and CMS are doing well, but you know who I'm rooting for.

CERTIAN KILL! CMS GO GO GO!

Isn't that right, spam buddy bass bambino?

EDIT: Eric, I hope you know Mag forfeited to Sandslash. Looks like CaP is the first team to go down. Good luck next year guys >_>

I was on a "mandatory trip" the past couple days after trying to contact flygon and I got disqualified...

Either disqualify Bass or put me back in.

He can check his PM Box, atleast 2 PMs in there from me trying to contact him plus theres the fact that I checked PkEx whenver I was on in order to battle Flygon while he only went looking for me once...

Good job guys.

eric the espeon

Bass explained Here why Flygon advanced and you did not, all you posted in the thread was "I see no Flygon". If you had explained in your post that you had been trying to contact Flygon he would probably have let you through.

I am sorry that you have been DQ'd, but you will not be allowed back into this tournament.

eric the espeon

btw

View Profile: Flygon Flygon

Last Activity: June 22nd, 2007 06:20 AM

i don't think he was even trying to contact bbm
Ok that's pretty useful evidence,
Flygon has been replaced by BBM.

This is the pairing now:
(CMS) Bobtheball4 vs (AAs) BBM:
CaP:
AAMS:
PkEx:

and

Stats:

Key:
Advanced
Eliminated
To Be Determined
Team Captain*

CaP (0):

Magmortified*

CMS (3):
Captain*
Bass
Bobtheball4

AAMS (4):
Sir Spanky
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks
BBM

PkEx (0):

PkEx and CaP have been knocked out of this tournament!

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
ok, bbm, ima try and be on AA when im on, but i got school, so i can either battle at night hawaii time, or weekends..

Bass

Brother in arms
I am back, and it seems there has been a great misunderstanding regarding BBM v Flygon. Just for your reference, Flygon told me on PE that he had asked BBM to battle once, and BBM turned him down because he was on his laptop, so no, Flygon was not inactive. I don't want to complicate matters anymore, however, so I will accept eric's decision and move on.

I agree BBM didn't put all that much effort into finding flygon, but he does insist to me that after the first time he turned flygon down he did check out his server several times in the afternoon (so late afternoon-evening GMT+1) with no sign of flygon.

I think the main deciding factor was that flygon hasn't even been on smogon for over 6 weeks!

eric the espeon

Sorry, I should have checked with you first but you were away. However BBM did try to PM Flygon which is the most important way of contacting your opponent. Flygon has not checked his PM box.

And I am away for the next 5 days, I will PM Bass the structure for the next round.

Edit: Bass I leave you in full control of this, sort out the BBM/Flygon thing however you think is best.

My english is wrong so ignore mistakes...

I am the real Flygon, i wasnt registred here, Martin, the Admin of PE has missunderstand me...and i have see this BBM at the Server but he had no team to battle...its wayne what you do now lol..

E: Yes, i have not do much for battling him, so its okay that he is in the next round, i would just say that i am not this ohter Flygon lol...

The fact still remains that Flygon disappeared after his initial attempt to contact me. And I don't think its my fault that he doesn't have a smogon account, I still sent "Flygon" a PM telling him we had to battle. While there may have been days where neither of us were looking for each other, I can safely say I tried looking for him much more than he did for me. Of course I didn't go out of my way to find him because its just pokemon and I have more important things in life to do than wake up early and battle, as I've stated before.

Bass

Brother in arms
I originally intended to give the advance to the first person to battle bob, but after reading Flygon's edit, and noticing that PE took down the multi-server tournament topic on their forums, BBM will remain in this round.

But know this, BBM. Since you have put little effort into finding your opponents during previous rounds (and getting away with two byes), you may not be so lucky if you fail to battle bobtheball4, so please make your battle a priority.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
i doubt i can battle you in weekdays, since school work, and work i gotta do around house is too much, i can only battle on weekends, unless youre willing to be p at 2am est time, since thats the times i get on weekdays

i ween :D

I won AAMS and PkEx

Dicked around in CaP because bob felt like it and ended up forfeiting that one.

Ok Bass I'm ready when you are now. I had a few days of practice, then I've had family over for a few days and been unable to access the PC. I'm good to go now though.

Bass

Brother in arms
I have work from 12 PM - 5 PM Central time today, If you can come on right NOW, I would prefer it since I am unsure about when I can be on after work and tomorrow.

Bass

Brother in arms
I won against Sir Spanky 5-0 on CMS and CaP.

This leads us into the semi-finals with the following stats!

Key:
Advanced
Eliminated
To Be Determined
Team Captain*

CaP (0):

Magmortified*

CMS (1):
Captain*
Bass
Bobtheball4

AAMS (3):
BBM
Sir Spanky
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks

Semi-Finals will be up in a few moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)