Cross-Server Tournament: Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cross-Server Tournament: Semi-Finals

Note: It is YOUR responsibility, NOT MINE, to contact your opponent and schedule your match.

Rules and Modifications:

CaP rules:

-OHKO Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-Timed Match
-Species Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Deoxys-E is allowed
-Wobbuffet is banned
-Syclant, Revenankh, and Pyroak are allowed.
-CAP 4 will not be allowed.

CaP Modifications:

These 3 Pokemon have been added.

Amazing Ampharos's rules/Modifications:

This contains most of them. And This has the rest.

Captains rules:

Here.

Captains Modifications:

Can be found Here.

Pokemonexperte's rules:

Normal OU rules/clauses and the same tier list as Smogon.

Pokemonexperte's Modifications:

None.

You must also follow this rule across all servers:

Always respect the rules and stuff of other servers.
If you get banned for an opponents server its your own fault, however if someone is banned so that they can't do their battle without breaking a rule the server that banned them may be DQ'd for cheating.
Think carefully and save logs if you plan to ban a member of an opposing team. The same goes for doing dumb stuff on other teams servers, always remember to read their rules.
Also don't be overly rude to them on their or your forums, I would hope that the mods would deal with this anyway.

The Pairings:

(AAMS) Sandslash v (AAMS) Phiddlesticks
AAMS: Sandslash
CaP: Sandslash
PkEx:

(CMS) Bass v (AAMS) BBM
CMS:
AAMS: Bass
CaP:

Stats:

Key:
Advanced
Eliminated
To Be Determined
Team Captain*

CMS (1):
Bass

AAMS (2):

BBM
Sandslash
Phiddlesticks

You must play your opponent on all 3 servers listed below your pairing, find them on whatever one is listed first unless you agree otherwise by PM, then move on to the next server then the last. Only post here when you have done all 3 battles unless your opponent disappears unexpectedly.
PM your opponent to arrange a a battle now.

The deadline is August 21st.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Bass, just got back (well I was on for a few mins yesterday, but no time to sort stuff out), did you miss or not understand my PM about round structure?
My PM said:
For next round it should look like this (a bit rushed):

Player1 V P2
Server1:
S2:
S3:

P3 V P4
S4:
S1:
S2:

P1 V P3
S3:
S4:
S1:

P2 V P4
S2:
S3:
S4:

P1 V P4
S1:
S2:
S3:

P2 V P3
S4:
S1:
S2:

Count each players "battles won" up and let the top 2 advance. If someone is very inactive DQ them.

This is probably the most complicated round but I am sure you can handle it.

Sorry about leaving you with this, my plans changed a lot and I did not want to cancel the tourney.
But yea, could you please change the structure to this:

AAMS:
CaP:
PkEx:

(CMS) Bass v (AAMS) BBM
CMS:
AAMS:
CaP:

(AAMS) Sandslash v (AAMS) BBM
PkEx:
CMS:
AAMS:

(CMS) Bass v (AAMS) Phiddlesticks
CaP:
PkEx:
CMS:

(AAMS) Sandslash v (CMS) Bass
AAMS:
CaP:
PkEx:

(AAMS) Phiddlesticks v (AAMS) BBM
CMS:
AAMS:
CaP:

The number of wins will be added up and the top 2 will advance to the final.

Also it is very interesting that nether of the non-moded servers reached this stage... and that AA's has 3/4 of the places.

Bass

Brother in arms
Hey Bass, just got back (well I was on for a few mins yesterday, but no time to sort stuff out), did you miss or not understand my PM about round structure?

But yea, could you please change the structure to this:

AAMS:
CaP:
PkEx:

(CMS) Bass v (AAMS) BBM
CMS:
AAMS:
CaP:

(AAMS) Sandslash v (AAMS) BBM
PkEx:
CMS:
AAMS:

(CMS) Bass v (AAMS) Phiddlesticks
CaP:
PkEx:
CMS:

(AAMS) Sandslash v (CMS) Bass
AAMS:
CaP:
PkEx:

(AAMS) Phiddlesticks v (AAMS) BBM
CMS:
AAMS:
CaP:

The number of wins will be added up and the top 2 will advance to the final.

Also it is very interesting that nether of the non-moded servers reached this stage... and that AA's has 3/4 of the places.
I did not forget to read your PM... In fact, I told AAMS the round structure you PM'd me in advance, and we all agreed that, considering that CMS has only one competitor remaining (myself) against three from AAMS; that your suggested round structure is needlessly convoluted and requires uneccessary battles, since only two players advance anyway. Thus, is it ok if we just stick to the current round structure?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Even though many of the servers are knocked out the rounds should really proceed as planed. I do see that this round is very complicated, but (IMO) it should show better who deserves to advance and be more interesting.

If you want to discuss this I will be on and off CaP server for the next 1.5-2 hours, I will be AFK (reading/posting on LCF and Smogon) for some of the time but if you send me a PM there I will find it.

Edit: I have spoken to Bass on the server, and he has convinced me to keep the currant (more basic) round structure, so get your battles done.
The final however will be very interesting and different.....

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People from modded servers usually have an easier time adapting to different metagames since they are forced to learn at least 2 (their owns and the standard). Therefore I don't think it's surprising that CMS and AAMS are the last servers standing.

BTW, I'll be recording as many battles I can get with Bass. He'd better win >:(

Bass

Brother in arms
Good to hear you have completed your match! I still need at least one more match with BBM, but he hasn't been on since I won on AAMS...

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<_<

Prediction:

Snadslash v. Bass

And yes, I always spell Sandslash that way. >_>

it would be great too see someone of our server (CMS) to be on the very top, Bass do deserves to be there and I personally think that CMS deserves to be there too.

Bass

Brother in arms
Since BBM did not bother to show up for the last few battles, I advance.

This leaves us with the final pairing!

(CMS) Bass v (AAMS) Sandslash

The final round will be posted momentarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)