Current project: Ability check!

Worked in all of Kirby's stuff up till Run Away (sans Flame Body, Magma Armor, and Pickup, since I'm not sure if the tables are correct or not).

Also mentioned Intimidate in doubles, the fact that U-turn and Baton Pass can still be used when under the effects of Magnet Pull (it was already mentioned in Arena Trap), and added a note on Run Away mentioning that it doesn't allow you to escape trapping moves/abilities.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The D/P list is entirely complete, or at least in regards to the out of battle capabilities of certain abilities (changed retarded tables =P), so whenever someone wants to put that on the SCMS, that's fine. That includes Pickup and the like too.

The R/S list, too, is almost complete, all I need to do is edit in the Emerald Pickup statistics. The Flame Body/Magma Armor tables in that are fixed as well.

EDIT: The R/S list is done now too.

Browsing my Cousin's PBR Guide, I noticed the abilities section within it. After remembering this thread I thought I'd apply the information from there onto here. Bolded information would be add-ons.

[ABILITY]
Honey Gather
[SHORT DESC]
Adds a chance of finding Honey after each battle.
[LONG DESC]
After each battle, there is a chance that a Pokemon with this ability may find Honey. This chance is relative to the level of the Pokemon (Higher the level the greater the chance), and can only occur if the Pokemon is not already holding at item.

[ABILITY]
No Guard
[SHORT DESC]
Increases wild encounter rate.
[LONG DESC]
When a Pokemon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a higher chance of occuring

[ABILITY]
Sand Veil
[SHORT DESC]
Decreases wild encounter rate when in a sandstorm.
[LONG DESC]
When a Pokemon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occuring, but only when venturing through an area effected by Sandstorm.

[ABILITY]
Snow Cloak
[SHORT DESC]
Decreases wild encounter rate when in Hail.
[LONG DESC]
When a Pokemon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occuring, but only when venturing through an area effected by Hail.

[ABILITY]
Tinted Lens
[SHORT DESC]
Boosts "Not very effective" moves against opponents
[LONG DESC]
When this Pokémon uses a move that is not very effective on its target, the damage is doubled. So 1/2x Damage becomes normal damage and 1/4x damage becomes 1/2x
[ABILITY]
Trace
[SHORT DESC]
Copies opponents abilities
[LONG DESC]
Upon switching in, this Pokémon copies the opponent's Ability. Trace cannot copy Multitype, Trace or Forecast

EDIT: Does anyone have research regarding Focus Punch and Iron Fist? I remember somebody saying that IF doesn't boost FP.
In accordance with the official PBR Guide IF doesn't give a boost to FP

Why is both Huge Power and Pure Power on there? aren't they the same ability , though one is jap and the other is dubbed?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
About Magma Armor/Flame Body, the number of steps to hatch in Diamond and Pearl is different than that of Emerald. Part II of the breeding guide explains the differences.

All of Kirby's DP descriptions (minus typos) are up on SCMS. Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm making a start on RSE now...

edit: RSE are all done now

http://www.smogon.com:81/dp/abilities/early_bird

The long description should mention that the 50% reduction of Early Bird rounds down the number of sleeping turns. For example, if the pokémon was going to sleep for one turn, early bird will make it wake up in the same turn it is put to sleep.

http://www.smogon.com:81/dp/abilities/flame_body

In the second paragraph of the long description, it says: "Based on the initial amount of steps required to hatch an egg, Magma Armor will reduce the amount of steps required in the following manner:" It should say "Flame Body" instead of "Magma Armor".

http://www.smogon.com:81/dp/abilities/flower_gift

Long description doesn't mention how much Attack and Special Defense increase.

http://www.smogon.com:81/dp/abilities/honey_gather

In the short descryption it says "Adds a chance of finding an item after each in-game battle." It's not several items, but only Honey, as the long description correctly says.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Apologies. Two of those are unnecessary typos on my part.

EDIT:

Actually, no they aren't! It seems that whoever uploaded my Magma Armor and Flame Body tables mixed the two up by mistake. Furthermore, the Ruby/Sapphire Flame Body wasn't uploaded at all.

As for the Honey thing, I'm not sure why that was pasted like that - it's not like that in my own short description.

When I get the chance, I'll go through them all to make sure they've been uploaded correctly and alert you if anymore changes need to be made.

As I've said earlier, you actually CAN'T cut grass in DP. Try it, it won't work. So Hyper Cutter's out-of-battle effect is Emerald only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)