1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Custom Server Issues

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Wolflare, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Wolflare

Wolflare

I'm helping someone create a custom server for PS, and we've noticed a couple of issues with it. Whenever a player tries to battle in a format/tier that doesn't allow illegal Pokemon, they'll get this message:

[​IMG]

This happens no matter what Pokemon is used.

There are also problems with the ladder. After a battle is finished, this happens:

[​IMG]

These files were used of course, so we're not sure what the issue is. Also, the operating system the server is being hosted on is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, if that matters. If you need any more details, just ask. (I figured this would belong in a separate thread rather than the stickies since most of the posts there are related to the official server.)
  2. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

You need to register your server to use the ladder.

As for the battling issue, are you trying to customize formats? You're probably doing it wrong. Does it work if you just leave the files alone?
  3. Wolflare

Wolflare

Sorry for the late reply. My friend has been too busy to host our server, so we had to find someone else (and we were successful). The formats are no longer a problem, but the plot thickens. We're now having issues with the user groups. No one has any authority, so we're unable to promote anyone. Someone asked you about this earlier, but:

Also, how does one register a server? Do I need to ask you to register it on the Pokémon Showdown website?

Edit: Thanks.
  4. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

I talked to PPN and got his issues sorted out, for the record.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)