CUTEABILITY RANKINGS (see post 205)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THESE ARE THE CUTEABILITY RANKINGS BITCHES. WE HAVE TIERED EVERY SINGLE LITTLE CUP POKEMON IN TERMS OF CUTENESS...BUT WE NEED YOUR INPUTS TOO. In this thread, we are to rationally evaluate Little Cup Pokemon by cuteness...we are not going to change a Pokemon's ranking because "LOL I THINK IT'S CUTE." Just like in the Viability rankings thread, POST SOLID ARGUMENTS AND PICTURE EVIDENCE FOR CUTENESS.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Viability Ranking Council
For more controversial cases, the viability ranking council will vote on the Pokemon's tiering.

blarajan
prem
Caledrith

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Tier List

Without further ado, here is the initial tier list with the rough definitions of each tier (note: Pokemon are ordered alphabetically).

Reserved for Pokemon that are the cutest in the LC metagame. These Pokemon are undeniably cute, whether it is due to a quirky personality or because they are so damn squeezable. Pokemon in this tier have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.
S+ RANK

Aipom

rowan woz 'ere

S-Rank

• Buneary

• Bunnelby

• Cubchoo

• Cyndaquil
  • Eevee

• Joltik

• Scraggy

• Teddiursa

• Tirtouga
Reserved for Pokemon that are outstandingly cute in the LC metagame and are derpier, cuddlier, and fluffier than most of the tier. These Pokemon are cuter than most other Pokemon and have few flaws that can be overlooked when compared to their outstanding traits.
A-Rank
  • Amaura

• Azurill

• Blitzle

• Bulbasaur

• Charmander

• Chespin

• Chikorita

• Deerling

• Dratini

• Drifloon

• Drilbur
  • Fletchling

• Foongus

• Goomy

• Growlithe

• Hippopotas

• Hoppip

• Horsea

• Houndour

• Inkay

• Larvitar

• Litleo

• Litwick

• Mantyke

• Mareep

• Mienfoo

• Minccino

• Omanyte

• Oshawott

• Pancham

• Phanpy

• Piplup

• Poliwag

• Ponyta

• Riolu

• Sandshrew

• Shellos

• Shinx

• Skiddo

• Skitty

• Snivy

• Solosis

• Spheal

• Spinarak

• Spoink

• Squirtle

• Stunky
  • Surskit

• Swablu

• Taillow

• Tepig

• Togepi

• Torchic

• Totodile

• Tyrunt

• Vulpix
Reserved for Pokemon who are decently cute the LC metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than of those above it that prevents them from being in the same tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they aren't quite as cute or cuddly as you would like your pokemon to be.
B-Rank
  • Abra

• Aron

• Axew

• Bidoof

• Budew

• Buizel

• Chimchar

• Chinchou

• Cleffa

• Corphish

• Cottonee

• Cubone

• Darumaka

• Ducklett

• Dwebble

• Elgyem

• Foongus

• Froakie

• Gastly

• Gible

• Golett

• Grimer

• Helioptile

• Inkay
  • Larvesta
  • Lillipup

• Magby

• Magnemite

• Magikarp

• Mime Jr.

• Mudkip
  • Munchlax

• Nidoranf

• Nidoranm

• Noibat

• Oddish

• Pawniard

• Petilil

• Pichu

• Pidgey

• Poochyena

• Porygon

• Ralts

• Rattata

• Rufflet

• Sandile

• Seel

• Sewaddle

• Shellder

• Shelmet

• Shieldon

• Skorupi

• Slowpoke

• Smoochum

• Snorunt

• Snover

• Snubbull

• Spearow

• Starly

• Staryu

• Swinub

• Tentacool

• Timburr

• Treecko

• Vanillite

• Vullaby

• Wailmer

• Weedle

• Wingull

• Wooper

• Wynaut

• Zigzagoon

• Zorua
Reserved for Pokemon that are about average, in terms of cuteness, in the LC metagame, but have just as notable flaws that prevent them from being adorable. Pokemon in the C tier often have some design flaws that make them appear less huggable than those in higher tiers. C tier Pokemon tend to be outshined by other pokemon in the tier.
C-Rank
  • Bellsprout

• Bonsly

• Bronzor

• Carvanha

• Cherubi

• Chingling

• Deino

• Doduo

• Elekid

• Flabébé

• Frillish (Male)

• Hoothoot

• Omanyte

• Klink

• Krabby

• Ledyba

• Lotad

• Machop

• Makuhita

• Mankey

• Meowth

• Munna
  • Nincada

• Numel

• Panpour

• Pansage

• Pansear

• Paras

• Psyduck

• Purrloin

• Rhyhorn

• Sentret

• Shuppet

• Skrelp

• Slakoth

• Slugma

• Sunkern

• Trapinch

• Trubbish

• Turtwig

• Venonat

• Voltorb

• Woobat
Reserved for Pokemon that are not that cute in the LC metagame, but are decent enough to justify their existence. These Pokemon are pokemon that you would probably still play with, but you'd rather be playing with something else.
D-Rank

• Anorith

• Archen

• Bagon

• Barboach

• Cacnea

• Cranidos

• Diglett

• Duskull

• Ekans

• Electrike

• Exeggcute

• Finneon

• Geodude

• Glameow

• Gulpin

• Honedge

• Igglybuff

• Karrablast

• Koffing

• Natu

• Onix

• Pidove

• Pineco

• Pumpkaboo

• Remoraid

• Roggenrola

• Seedot

• Shroomish

• Spritzee

• Tympole

• Tynamo

• Tyrogue

• Venipede

• Wurmple

• Yamask
Reserved for Pokemon that are atrocious in the LC metagame. These Pokemon have no place anywhere.
macle Rank
  • Baltoy

• Clamperl

• Croagunk

• Drowzee

• Ferroseed

• Frillish (Female)

• Goldeen

• Gothita

• Happiny

• Kricketot

• Lickitung

• Lileep

• Magikarp

• Nosepass

• Scatterbug

• Whismur

• Zubat
This Pokemon is the embodiment of Satan.
Patrat Rank

• FUCK PATRAT

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀​

Special thanks to atomicllamas for the descriptions, and Raseri Rowan Caledrith prem for helping make the list! Keep in mind, there were a ton of Pokemon, so our initial drafting isn't the most rigorous. Also, we might do A+, A, A= etc eventually, but that shit's hard.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
>magnemite isn't on the list

0/10
We assigned it B rank on IRC, thank you for pointing it out.

If we are missing any Pokemon, we gave it a rank, it's just entry error. Some entries might be incorrect but just assume they're all right...unless the Pokemon isn't on the list.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This made me really laugh. What an awesome idea.

- Tirtouga for C-rank.
He isn't really cute, he just looks cranky :(
- Drifloon for S-rank
One of only eight pokemon you can walk in DPPt's amity square
- Vullaby for E-rank
Cranky and mean :(

I believe we have missed the requirement for actual arguments and evidence for your Pokemon. I understand the subjective nature of rating a Pokemon for its cuteness, but it is not very convincing to just get mad one of your favorites is not higher on the list (likely since it's not cute).

We are willing to compromise on rankings (except for Tirtouga / Scraggy I will fight to the death over), but please provide us an actual reason to do so. These one liner / "move this Pokemon to this rank" posts do not have enough substance to initiate change.

--Cuteability Staff

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
Female Frillish up from Macle rank, please. It's pink, has a cute face and is adorable.

Pinkness should always be taken into account as it is the cutest colour. It also looks like it has a cute demeanout and is squishy to hold probably.

Surskit

Let me just break this down for you.

Dances on Water

Surskit has some of the cutest legs in the entire tier! But that's not all—it knows just how to work them too. By producing oil from the tips of its legs it skates across water, having a blast as it glides and spins around. One could only wish they were Surskit as they watch it gleefully stride across the surface, skimming ponds and lakes with elegance and joy. If that isn't enough, Surskit can use Bubble, allowing it to frolic in and across the water in a barrage of sparkly, bubbly goodness. But it only makes sense—it's one of the bubbliest Pokémon in the tier.

Wears A Hat

Putting a hat on any LC Pokémon ups its cuteness factor. Already having a hat by design? Beyond adorable. A single, little antennae protrudes from its head, spreading a sweet scent anytime it gets hungry. Can you imagine smelling something so wonderful and knowing it's a sign that your Surskit is hungry? I could die from the cuteness! This hat alone makes it B-rank quality. However...

Constantly Blushing

I shouldn't even have to explain this one to you guys. Surskit is forever in a state of cuteness, thanks to the natural pink circles under its cute, beady eyes. It always appears to be blushing at something, and paired with a smile Surskit can easily win the heart of any trainer. This is what makes Surskit S-class in cuteness. This pocket-sized, water-striding bundle of pure happiness should reign over the rest of LC. Surskit is top-tier cuteness, guaranteed.

Last edited:
I agree with that Surskit re-tiering, but the legs are just a little too thin to justify S-class. If it skipped leg day a bit less often or had cuter, stubbier legs then it could easily be S-class, but as it stands I could only place Surskit in A-class.

Archen to at least B-rank please. I think he could go all the way up to A rank tbh but let's start small.

He's a little bird who is perpetually dancing. Bright colours, big eyes, cute little smile, and he's a FLUFFY. Imagine cuddling up to this lil fella when you feel sad. That smile and those feathers will cheer you up like nothing else. Archen can't fly, but this makes him even cuter! Imagine this guy desperately flapping his wings, landing in a fluffy little heap every time. Did that image make you squeal? I thought so. Retiering please.

I agree with that Surskit re-tiering, but the legs are just a little too thin to justify S-class. If it skipped leg day a bit less often or had cuter, stubbier legs then it could easily be S-class, but as it stands I could only place Surskit in A-class.
I can agree with that. The legs are rather long and slender, and stubby legs are most definitely cuter than long, graceful legs. If it had the clumsiness factor of stubby legs it'd surely be S-class. I can agree with settling for A-class.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
If Joltik's four inch height allows it to be S-rank, then why does Flabebe flounder in the C-rank with utter dogs like Chingling and Panpour?

Flabebe is easily in the top three cutest Pokemon given to us this generation.

Look how totally adowable it is. It's holding a flower and it has cute eyes and a cute little smile. While not as cute as Togepi, Flabebe deserves at least B+ ranking.

Why is Igglybuff so lowly ranked?

I mean, come on. How are these two little puffballs dancing around not cute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)