Cynthia's Not Very Good Art Corporation™

Avi2.png

Hello everyone. I am Cynthia. Nice to meet you. Well this is a thread about my not so good still novice art thread. I am learning to do digital art. Infact I have started it like a week ago. So yeah my art is not good as others in Smeargle Studio but well I am practicing to make it better. Hope you enjoy my art.

FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE. A FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS SOUGHT.

Last edited:
I was really busy this Christmas so didnt get enough time to wish Merry Christmas to you guys.

Well Merry Christmas guys :)
Winter.png

nice work with the colors! the purple background is nice to look at. However, there are a few things I feel like you could improve on..
1. crop the picture here- it should end before the sky takes up too much of the image- make sure the focus of the house is what the focus actually is.
2. Mountains should be sharper- Most real mountains have jagged edges and not curved ones, so you can use a sharp pen tool to better get that feeling of sharp rocks.
3. Real trees less "shaped"- by this, I mean that real trees aren't really seperated into two distinct portions like the ones in your drawing are. make them also a little more jagged, like with the mountains.
4. Add more stuff- This doesn't mean to overload it- but some parts of the painting are somewhat empty, like the side of the house. Also add some more plants to the grass around.
5. More clearly defined edges- This is one of the main things I think art works about- lines. Use a dark color to clearly separate boundaries and make the image pop out. I've done the building and some of the trees how I'd suggest you start
6. use references- for the trees in particular, look at real trees of that same type and try, try to imitate how the picture looks.
finally, 7: Think about perspective in regards to things being too large, like that plant. how close it is to the house makes it look like it's really huge. I've made a smaller plant next to it to suggest how you should size one.

Thanks Jo

nice work with the colors! the purple background is nice to look at. However, there are a few things I feel like you could improve on..
1. crop the picture here- it should end before the sky takes up too much of the image- make sure the focus of the house is what the focus actually is.
2. Mountains should be sharper- Most real mountains have jagged edges and not curved ones, so you can use a sharp pen tool to better get that feeling of sharp rocks.
3. Real trees less "shaped"- by this, I mean that real trees aren't really seperated into two distinct portions like the ones in your drawing are. make them also a little more jagged, like with the mountains.
4. Add more stuff- This doesn't mean to overload it- but some parts of the painting are somewhat empty, like the side of the house. Also add some more plants to the grass around.
5. More clearly defined edges- This is one of the main things I think art works about- lines. Use a dark color to clearly separate boundaries and make the image pop out. I've done the building and some of the trees how I'd suggest you start
6. use references- for the trees in particular, look at real trees of that same type and try, try to imitate how the picture looks.
finally, 7: Think about perspective in regards to things being too large, like that plant. how close it is to the house makes it look like it's really huge. I've made a smaller plant next to it to suggest how you should size one.
Thanks Joe I will keep that in mind. Keep critiquing my work. I am looking forward for more tips and advice.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think your colouring is quite good.
The line art on your traditional art looks ok.

I guess you might be struggling with bodyshape in your digital art, maybe because you can't see where you are going?
Try zooming out for sketching.
After sketching, zoom in to re-draw the lines properly.

I think your colouring is quite good.
The line art on your traditional art looks ok.

I guess you might be struggling with bodyshape in your digital art, maybe because you can't see where you are going?
Try zooming out for sketching.
After sketching, zoom in to re-draw the lines properly.
Thanks i am having trouble with lines. Also facial characters and expressions. Can you suggest something for that?
Also thanks for critique. Looking forward for more of it.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Thanks i am having trouble with lines. Also facial characters and expressions. Can you suggest something for that?
Also thanks for critique. Looking forward for more of it.
I think you can try drawing lines on existing images, so you can get to feel how the space and curves feel like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)