D/P/P Sucks (Pokemon OU using just Kanto Pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tentacruel, Starmie, Blastoise, Cloyster, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and a few others I cannot remember at the moment.

Skeleton, people believe nowadays Salamence generally outclasses Salamence, I beg to differ.

Charizard replaced Magneton, does the same thing, but can switch in on alot of things and easily set up.

Vaporeon may have to go to support Charizard. A Rapid Spinner would prove vital to the team, but Vappy is really good, post your opinions.

hey i like the 1st gen best too. most of the 3rd and especially 4th gen are pretty dumb and annoying, poorly designed. but sometimes you have to do what is best for your team.

but as far as the team goes, the bellyzard is still taken out by a scizor bullet punch. a good dd gyrados can sweep much better than charizard, counters scizor and other members and (maybe the best) fits into your 1st gen guidelines. and for the lead, my favorite is aerodactyl. he can set up stealth rocks quite often and will usually prevent them too. Aero fits into the 1st gen too.

hope i helped some

i love your pokemon choices. you used some of my favorite pokemon from gen including dnite who derserves to be better than salamence. gen1 is the best and 2nd gen shouldn't be overlooked.

wow nice team sorry i dont have any critisism but you should really think about R/S/E i agree D/P/P sucks i hate them and i never use them on any of my teams. I grew up with R/S/E and watching the shows but thats just me. lots of people i know think that R/S/E was right on the line not crossing it tho. =/

Recently, I've been seeing Venasaur sleep leads, in the vein of Metagross and other bulky leads. It can actually outrun Metagross unless Meta pumps a lot into Speed, going for the Powder and the EQ. I believe the set is Sleep Powder/EQ/Leech Seed/filler, although I've never seen the other move (Knock Off seems viable). Sorry I'm lacking on the specifics.

Also, Tentacruel seems like it could really help you, coming in to Scizor and Surfing, or just Rapid Spinning so 'Zard can sweep. Tenta could run HP Fire for Scizor if you really need it, although Surf/HP Electric/Ice Beam/Rapid Spin may end up serving you best (perhaps Toxic over one of the BoltBeam moves).

Zapdos is also a good idea, somewhere.

I've already been testing that form of Tentacruel barring HP Fire for a while, and it's done really well. I believe Toxic Spikes could be an option, if I don't need Boltbeam. Though Venusaur would probably be the better option, I like Butterfree for it's novelty value, and it makes people happy to see me using good ol' Butterfree. Thanks for the opinion. I'll probably use Tentacruel in place of Vaporeon.

BTW, sorry if I double posted - didn't know if my post went through. I was saying execelent team - only advice was try starmie over blastoise for the fast recover, ability to kill gyara, and natural cure
Cya around!

I would opt change Charizard with venusaur to get some additional bulk.

Nidoqueen is also a viable choice as a spiker.

BTW, where do you find those sprites and artwork? never could find them myself
Sry I haven't seen you lately, I've been banned from Shoddy for a week for being an idiot :(

Tried Nidoqueen, it sucked :(
Charizard is the star of this team, that's why Blastoise is here to back him up. I use Blastoise because it's my only out to Scizor, Starmie CANNOT stop Scizor. If you type sprite resource pokemon into google, click the first link, you can get some of the sprites.

Seriously, if you're playing competitively you need to play to win...you need to use the best your team can get. However much Dragonite is loved by you(I feel the same) you have to accept that Salamence is better however much you may not like it.

Butterfree...is not a good lead. Persian is more worthy, don't let Hypnosis scare you, Butterfree isn't that good. One Sleep Powder and switch? Isn't that a waste of a Pokemon. Even Tailwind isn't worth it(maybe in doubles but not singles)

Charizard dies to Stealth Rock. Sure Blastoise is there to spin but switching and Spinning takes two turns and in the same two turns your opponent could switch and Stealth Rock...I'm also not sure if you should say Scizor and co are walled by Blastoise.

Sure some argue competitive play isn't play to win but isn't that what this section is for? Improving your team to the best it can?

If you care THAT much at least go to the 2nd Gen...I would say more but it seems a waste of typing.

People love to throw around playing to win as if it solely means giving yourself the best chances to win. People like this person understand that by setting limitations upon yourself that you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. However, if they end up with a more enjoyable experience (since that is really the whole reason we play these type of games aside from money, which there is none) by playing a team based off of guidelines that aren't the norm, then more power to them.

As a community, we should be encouraging players to do things like this so to keep the game fresh for everyone, rather than running to the same stuff all the time simply because it is the best. There is nothing wrong with this, especially if he has already accepted the fact that he's limiting himself... so I don't know why everyone keeps reminding him of this as if he has no idea what he's doing.

As for the OP, I cannot help you too well here because my knowledge of this game is extremely limited, but I say good luck in getting to wherever you want to go.

Thank you Moderators for opening this thread, I felt it was wrongly locked as this does compete at a competitive level, and now has counters to the Pokemon I once considered threats.

Anyways, these new additions to the team make it much sturdier, but still needs a bit of help, I don't need a Rapid Spinner now with these new Pokemon not weak to SRs.

Post updated.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi!

Im PaidAssassinX on Shoddy. Remember, the one who suggested Starmie? XD.

Well, I'm glad this is unlocked. What comes to mind is that you have 4 Choice Pokemon, which means Lucario and / or Scizor can easily setup on your Pokemon if they are locked into the wrong move. Without your HP [Fire] Blastoise, Scizor and your Lucario have a field day with your team (the former once Arcanine falls, which is much faster than Blastoise due to lower defenses + Life Orb) and even Jolteon cannot OHKO it with Thunderbolt and falls to 2 +2 Bullet Punches (though Scizor itself will faint of Life Orb recoil.). Lucario's +2 Close Combat decimates most of your slower pokemon and Extremespeed puts incredible pressure on your speedier ones. Putting Gengar in somewhere will help ease this.

Good luck with your team, and I'm sorry this isn't a full rate. I'm too lazy.

Edit: The post above me that you did was posted at 1:27:30 AM!!?!?

Edit 2: I would like it like this:

Patrick Star

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252Spe/6Hp
Nature: Modest
Ice Beam
Trick
Surf
Thunderbolt

This thing acts as my revenge killer recommended by ThePowerWithin, known as PaidAssassinX to threats that plague my team, such as +1 DD Gyarados and +1 DD Salamence. It will always outspeed Salamence, no matter the nature nor Speed EV or IVs, Starmie will always beat(remove non-Scarf, as Starmie outspeeds them too, although Scarf doesn't require setup and Starmie doesn't like switching into STAB Draco Meteors or Outrages D:) Salamences after a Dragon Dance by one point of speed (although not MY brand of Starmie!). This proves vital to my strategy, as Salamence is a (powerful, not annoying) attacker. Gyarados also falls to Starmie after a DD, as Gyara's base Speed is lower than Salamence's (edited it to make it sound better)? Surf acts as basic STAB, just for hitting most things I want to kill for typically neutral damage. Trick let's me screw over walls (Blissey comes to mind) or pokemon spamming a stat-up move (suck that Suicune / Latias). I love to see Blissey struggle to stay alive with a Choice Scarf crippling her moveset.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I believe Arcanine soaks up Bullet Punchs like a god, that's one reason why I use him. Luke has always been a problem for me after a SD, because Dugtrio can no longer take 'em.
I'll edit my post right now. Keep those comments coming guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)