~Da Da Da Dum~ [OU]

hey there smogoners. I am obviously jules and i have just cureently built a new team (with help from Shadow0x0cloud... we're cuz's) that i have used mainly on shoddy, to test it out before i waste my time making 6 poke's that will be changed. This team (i just realized) has 4 steel types so you will see a major fire weakness, but to me that hasn't really been a problem, the only known pokemon that has tried to exploit this weakness was Infernape, but i felt that i can take him down easily, so here is the team

AT A GLANCE

Sexy Aint They...

==========

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

See my favorite two pokemon right here. Salamence and dragonite, i felt that i should put them in my next team, and here they are. After struggling with trying to find a spot for dragonite as an effective sweeper (I will never say he is outclassed by sala, but a little more speed could help...) So i added him as a lead, where he truly shined. Salamence i went for a specs, because most of his counters (steels) excpect DD mence, mix mence, or Band mence, but specs will throw them off.
-

I needed a stealth rocker to make up for the fact that i don't have a spinner, so i went through many things to find one, i almost even used metagross as a rocker, but then i found this bad boy. He is able to set up rocks, wish rock damage away, then para flinch you. So as you can see very effective team, covering both ends of the spectrum. BTW drag is mixed
-

Ah, good ol' meta i don't know how many times this guy has glued together one of my teams, not only does he have great synergy with Jirachi, for being another sweeper, but he adds a physically defensive thing to my team. The classic Band set, without the band seems to work wonders, and i switched meteor mash with iron head for the flinch rate, and i really dont like base 85% accuracy moves, so dont recomend that.. plz.
-

Another steel? are you crazy? well no i am not. i have wish/rocks rachi, wall/attacker gross, and now comes the most anticipated (or not) steel. Scizor. He adds a beautiful and much needed revenge killing factor to my team, CB, Technician, and stab bullet punch deal close to 50% damage to any poke that has a nuetral resistance to it. Originally in this spot was a CB Cario, but i felt he. sucked. but!! his attack was lower, his defense sucked, like c'mon really? so when i added scizor he worked extremely well with my team.
-

See i have 3 walls, 4 attackers, 1 support, and 2 choiced users. I knew that status (burn, prlz, and poision mainly) would hurt my team to the point of it being useless. i looked for heal bellers and i saw Celebi. He worked great, i mean wonderful, but he had this nagging pursuit weakness and i did not like it at all, especially with other CB scizors running wild. The only other good person i saw was blissey, but after being cursed out by a few people using him (shove it ya blissey user, fuck this shit. god damn blissey. etc.) i have strayed away from him, but then i remembered aromatherapy, i looked on the list for that move (which was not much) i stumbled across shaymin, and he is working wonders for me.

Well with the ideas of the raters, i changed Meta to suicune, specs mence to DD, and Dragonite has gotten E-Speed, but the suggestion for suicune did not go to well, so i changed back to Metagross and he works better with DD mence. Btw the others worked well also.

As you can see i switched DD mence to Specs Latias, keeping the special portion i originally had with mence, just faster and bulkier. I changed Shay to Machamp because shaymin seemed like dead weght seemed to really not need status. With help from Snorlaxe we found a good machamp set and it workes well

==========

So Now That You Saw My Ideas, Look At This...

==========

Analysis

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Spd/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Extreme Speed
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
---

A lead Dragonite, and after experimenting with it, it turned out it works great. Roserade leads do not hurt me because i switch in to shaymin to take the sleep, then while it toxic spikes i switch in a steel type poke (1/2 of my team) to absorb it and then proceed to kill it. the only one weak to TS on my team is shaymin who absorbs it then cures it with natural cure. E-Speed can kill faster leads like Ninjask, and take away opponents sash, U aerodactyl . the EV's maximize my damage output, and with a quiet, nobody would like a draco meteor. quiet was chosen because i felt i did not need any extra speed and i also did not want to hinder my defensis. He would come back late game as an effective sweeper, once the opponents team is properly paralyzed.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Hp / 240 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
---

Metagross, good ol' meta. He easily comes in after drag's suicide sweep to destroy the opponents team. Leftovers help increase his survivability to allow him to easily set up rocks. I chose Iron Head over meteor mash because of the accuracy, and explosion is to go bye, bye with a bang. Earthquake is for opposing steels, and land pokemon that resist my moves. Adamant increases my damage out put, and the given EV's allow him to outspeed CB meta's and 2HKO with earthquake, and the attack obviously gives him an attack boost.

PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME TO CHANGE HIM YET BUT IM NOT SURE, ANY COMMENTS?

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---

A CB Scizor (cool 4 uppercase letters, ACBS !) that also works as a revenge killer, scoring damage to all types with bullet punch. pursuit is for the occasional starmie, and latias that come in at low health (10-20%) and are afraid of a CB bullet punch. U-Turn is when i predict a switch, or if i want to take advantage of a pokemon's psychic type. Superpower is for the abnormally powered move that this steel bug gets, and packs a serious punch. the Ev spread, similar to metagross provide for the most survivability power, and in his case speed.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Dynamic Punch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
---

This guy can absorb status, and then go to sleep. No guard allows him to make sure DP hits and confuses the pokemon no matter what. Stone Edge provides a great way to deal damage to Dragons that try to set up. Rest and Sleep Talk also make up for his low PP moves and can heal him when nessasary. Adamant and 252 atk EV's give him a huge 394 attack stat, ad he can OHKO a lot of threats.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 84 HP/252 Atk/172 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
---

Para flinch, SCARF rachi, never seen him before? well then you are stupid. He can come in on almost any poke that resists his moves, and body slam to get the prlz then switch right out. He clears the way for dragonite to sweep by being able to paralze every member of the opponents team, and then harass them by using iron head, giving them a 30% chance (i think) to hit me. Trick can cripple other pokemon like, Blissey or Aerodactyl, or Ninjask, etc who would switch in with the latter coming from a stupid player (no offense). He also helps absorb attacks from starmie who would try to ice beam Dragonite to death.

Latias (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Bolt
- Surf
- Trick
---

Specs Latias. Latias can outspeed opposing latias attempting to hit me with their modest boosted DracoMeteors but i outspeed, then OHKO them, or i switch to Scizor who can pursuit him. Originally there was a salamence here, but he was switched due to latias's better bulk and speed. He can cripple Blissey's that switch in, to absorb the attack, but gets tricked, utterly destroying it. TB for bulky waters like gyara or suicune, Surf for Infernape and Heatran. Draco is obvious.

Questions that would like to be answered

-should i change drags item ( i have thought of choice scarf so that paralyze is not as neccasary)

-should any other poke be changed

Thanks guys for reading, i hoped you like it and i really want some great constructive responses. I have tried hard on this, and please read every thing before posting, so you can grasp the purpose of each poke

Final Glance

Hm...I'm not really sure but I think you have a NP Mixape weakness. After a Nasty Plot, Fire Blast kills 4/6 members of this team (Metagross, Scizor, Jirachi, and Shaymin). In addition, anti lead Dragonite really needs X-speed; you should get rid of Flamethrower or Earthquake with X-speed unless you don't need it. With ExtremeSpeed, you'll be able to finish of Focus Sash users such as Azelf after you have brought them down to 1 HP with Draco Meteor.

Hey there, i should suggest a threat list. Also you have a Scarf-Tran weakness. It can HP Ice Dragonite and Salamences for OHKOs. You should not have more than 2 of the same types of pokes or else its easy for the opponent to sweep you with like 2 pokes. I suggest you switch out metagross or salamence for a Sub-Cune. It resists both fire and ice, greatly helping your team. Or you could opt for a Wish-Passer Vaporeon.

Like Dark Mario99 said you have a Nasty-Plot-MixApe weakness. It sets up on shaymin or jirachi using stealth rocks its GG. HP ice OHKOs dragonite and salamence. Fire Blast OHKOs scizor, jirachi and metagross. 2HKOs shaymin, but shaymin cant do squat to it.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Honestly, you can't do anything to Gyarados if it sets up, which it easily does, on Scizor. I'd change Jirachi to the Choice Scarf set with the moves Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Thunderpunch and Trick/U-turn. This will allow you to have an effective check to Infernape (after a defense drop and some luck) Gyarados, and Tyranitar, and a few more. You can trick away the Scarf onto a Skarmory too, if that gives you problems. After that, I'd change Salamence to a DDMence. You want this change because MixNite opens up a bunch of holes for your team that Salamence can take advantage of. It's a great sweeper in any condition. It also beats Blissey, the downfall of SpecsMence. I hope this helps, and good luck with the team!

wow thanks guys, well

@DarkMario99- i origanally used x-speed, but a lot of the leads i faced could not OHKO me after their second turn, the only one being aerodactyl with his better speed and ability to use stone edge.

@Pokemon, wow no one actually took that user name till this month. lol. Well scarf tran is a problem in theory considering i have never faced it, i will try him out (suicune) Would he still be enough to handle ape, should i use latias instead, with his superior spdef stat

@Sprinkles are ftw- what does ftw mean, lol. i forgot. I have actually been trying a special mix mence right now. i did not want to use DD because i was trying to stray away from set up moves (swords dance etc) but if it works ill use it instead.

Thanks for your help guys

Lol MixVire weak. Just pointing that out.

It seems Infernape can also take out your team. HP Ice-ing Dragonite & Salamence, and Flamethrowing everything else. You could also consider Heatran for a spot on your team. If not Heatran, anything that resists/absorbs fire and ice attacks like no tomorrow (Snorlax is nice), because Fire-type attacks are growing ever so popular thanks to Scizor omnipresence, and you don't want two-thirds of your team weak to it, especially when they carry pretty big roles on your team. I suggest replacing either Shaymin, Dragonite, or Jirachi (or change his set). You also have 3 ice weaknesses, 2 being 400%. This is also bad for the exact same reasons stated for Fire weakness.

Hope it helped.

well considering i have no elec attack, salamence can switch in and OHKO with Draco Meteor cant he?

EDIT: i tested out the poke's. DD mence is working so far, and sub cune did not work, Crocune worked wonders though

EDIT V2- Crocune has not seemed to be working so well now that i played 30 rounds with him, i will try heatran

A mix-vire with flamethrower and hp-ice murders your team.
For dragonite, this set is much better.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Fire Blast
EQ
Draco Meteor
Extremespeed

Draco + E speed takes care of aero and azelf.
Ninjask leads get owned by E Speed.
Roserade gets taken out by FB + E Speed
Metagross and Rachi get EQed to death.
It works as an amazing anti-lead.

well dragonite actually worked better with the lum set when I was testing, but i'm replacing FB with flamethrower. also i don't know about lati, i'm not sure about him, any more comments?

Well latias is bulkier than salamence, faster than salamence.

You could opt for a Choice Specs set or Offensive calm mind. Like ginganinja said you could do better with choice specs.
Latias @ Choice Specs
Timid 4 Hp, 252 SpeA, 252 Speed.

Draco Meteor
Surf
Dragon Pulse/Thunderbolt
Trick

Timid nature is essential for outspeeding base 100 speed pokes like salamence and other latiases who have modest for more power. Or you could go for CM

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid 4 Hp, 252 SpeA, 252 Speed.

Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Recover

Hi,

Nice to see someone else trying out Leadnite. With all the hype of the new Extremespeed sets, it seems to have gone under the radar, if not ignored. As others have pointed out, a new Leadnite set would be beneficial. Heres a good set I've found:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

This set is HuntoftheLion's, and honestly its the best one I've found. I've had good success with this set.

A couple of other things: You are considerably Infernape and Gyarados weak, so I'd suggest replacing Shaymin with Vaporeon, their two best counters. It also serves as a nice healer/wish passer to your team.

Since you are also Electivire weak, I'd change Salamence to a Latias which serves much better as a special sweeper. I'd go with a Scarfed Latias, because it outspeeds Electivire after Motor Drive boost, IIRC.

wow thanks guys, well here is what i will have to say

@Towelie, with the suggestion that frogbandit gave me im not sure if i should use Lum, as roserade uses TS and my team is not really TS weak my dragons either are flying or levitating, my revenge killer is a steel, my wall is a steel, so the only ones that would be effected are shaymin or suicune. and shaymin has natural cure. suicune can use rest.

@Ginganinja, im not sure about lati as many people say CM, Specs, or Scarf. Specs and CM help my team alot, but im not sure which one i should use

@Pokemon, read above ^^^

@frogbandit for latias read above ^^^, Dragonite, i may switch with LO considering my team can easily take sleep, especially sinse im not that spikes weak. Vaporeon im not sure of because suicune has taken metagrosses spot

Thannks guys, i will update the OP once i have time, which is once i finish testing the sets, then i will edit. But one thing, i want metagross, back, couldn't i replace someone else for suicune/other poke. Metagross really helped in the physical section, because i always have to switch when i use scizor.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey this is a cool team, but I think that you could be using some Pokemon a bit better. First off, I think that Jirachi should be changed to Choice Scarf revenge killer as soon as possible. This team has a huge weakness to Dragon Dance Gyarados with Ice Fang. He can come in on Scizor's Bullet Punch and easily get up a Dragon Dance while you switch out, then if Metagross is KOed you will have no real answer to dealing with Gyarados. Your best bet after Metagross is to switch in Salamence and use Draco Meteor, but Gyarados can just Ice Fang to OHKO Salamence. Shaymin fails to significantly damage, while Ice Fang 2HKOes. Jirachi is a fail safe against Gyarados. I suggest a spread of 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, a Jolly nature, and a set of Iron Head, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, and Trick. The spe EVs and nature allow you to speed tie with Jolly / Naive DD Salamence after a Dragon Dance, as well as outspeed Jolly DD Gyarados after a Dance and OHKO with Thunderpunch (after Stealth Rock damage). Trick is also useful for beating stall.

If you decide to make the switch to Jirachi, then you will need to have Rocks somewhere else on your team. I suggest changing Metagross's set to Stealth Rock, Meteor Mash, Explosion, and Earthquake, an Adamant nature, and a spread of 252 Hp / 240 Atk / 12 Spe (item Leftovers). This set is a very useful set, and a variation of the Metagross lead set meant to not be used as a lead. 12 Spe EVs allow you to outspeed standard Choice Band Metagross, and Leftovers help your survivability. Stealth Rock is so important on a team like this, allowing you to get many KOes you otherwise couldn't. Explosion is a great way to go out with a boom, as well as take out anything threatening to sweep your team.

I'm a huge fan of Specs Mence, I love the surprise factor he brings to the table. Anyway, hope I helped, and good luck! =)

wow thanks man, the scarf set has actuall been appealing to me when i first looked at it, but what happens is, since my team is very slow jirachi and body slam work nicely, coming in on most poke's and paralyzing them. So i think i will use your set, but i will ditch ice punch and go for body slam, as this does cause a dragon weakness i dont think it will be easily exploited when rachi can 3HKO them with tpunch or if i can use ironhead and flinch the crap out of 'im. I have thought of also using a rest talk cress, any one agree or disagree?

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
I don't think that RestTalk Cress is really the right choice for your team. This is mostly an offensive team (although there are a few defensive sets on here like Shaymin's), and I'm sure that using a RestTalk Cress would really slow down your offensive pace quite a great deal. Sure, it can sponge hits, but it really can't support your team at all (unless its using ThunderWave). Plus every member on this team is crucial, and finding a slot to use Cresselia in would probably ruin the entire team's synergy. As for Jirachi, good, I'm glad that you are using him. If you are going to run Body Slam as opposed to Ice Punch, however, take 80 EVs from speed and put them into Hp, and change his nature to Adamant; Body Slam wants the extra power, and since you aren't running Ice Punch, there's no need to speed tie a +speed natured DD mence.

oh okay ty, btw i like the ava

Edit, sorry i forgot about your post with metagross, im going to change it to Iron head (beause i dont like the 85% accuracy rate, and the flinch is appealing) Ice Punch (to make up for jirachi not having it) Earthquake, and SR. Do you think that is okay?

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Lol thank you I like my avatar also. For Metagross, I really suggest using Explosion, as it can still easily counter DDMence, and Ice Punch really isn't necessary on Metagross. As for Iron Head, you're free to use it; however, I often find that the extra power and the chance to raise Metagross's attack with Meteor Mash is usually superior to Iron Head's 30% flinch chance. Also, Metagross isn't overwhelmingly fast or anything, and as such won't normally be flinching much. However, if that's the set you want to use, then by all means go for it. ;)

thanks i will change ice punch to explosion then. However is Shaymin okay, he seems like massive dead weight on my team, because by the time i send him out it wiuld be 2-1, any suggestions as a replacement?.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Actually, I was thinking about replacing Shaymin, as to me he just seems like an inferior Celebi at the moment. Status honostly isn't that problamatic to this team, as it is relatively easy to predict if and when the opponent will status. Anyway, in DPPt's highly offensive and fast-paced metagame, status is becoming less and less common. However, you still want a status absorber on this team, and I suggest that you use RestTalk Machamp. I suggest a set of Rest, Sleep Talk, Dynamicpunch, and Stone Edge, then an Adamant nature, and a spread of 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe (ability being No Guard, item Leftovers). This Machamp is surprisingly bulky, and STAB 100% accurate (it has 100% accuracy because of No Guard if you didn't know) Dynamicpunch hits like a truck, coming with a fantastic 100% confusion chance. Machamp is also a great status absorber, not caring about anything thanks to a combination of Rest and Sleep Talk. Feel free to play conservatively with Machamp, as even Pokemon that Dynamicpunch hits not-veryeffectively (such as Gyarados) are confused by Dynamicpunch and then KOed the next turn via 100% accurate Stone Edge.

wow machamp, i was actually never told to put him on my teams until today (obviously on other forums) I was looking at him on the analysis and he is great, but my one problem with him is that he is slow, but that probably wont be a problem. Dynamic punch + 100% accuracy + 100% confusion = pwnage, im going to start rating teams and suggesting that.

Please don't post your Machamp recommendations in every one unless it actually helps the team, which it may do so in this team.

Your Scizor is fine. There's nothing wrong with a CBScizor. Just try to spam U-Turn alot so you don't get trapped often.

yeah, i was just kidding, lol. Any more comments on the pokemon, are they okay, is my team perfect, etc.

well considering i have no elec attack, salamence can switch in and OHKO with Draco Meteor cant he?
I don't know why, but it took me a while to remember that I posted here. And there's your reply. You have two electric-type attacks in Latias (Tbolt) and Jirachi (Tpunch), which give him a Motor Drive boost. The GyaraVire, VapoVire (lol), or StarVire (madeup) combos can trick you into doing such.

Also, lol you included that convo between laxe and me :P

yeah i did, i just thought it was hilarious. Yeah i understand the combos, but i wont send out lati and jirachi just for gyara, on machamp there is stone edge, so no combo there, for vapovire (lol) he is not that defensive, so 2 superpower will OHKO it. and StarVire, is 2HKO by pursuit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)