SM Doubles OU dance Dance DANCE! (starring Oricorio)

Introduction

Hi everyone. This is my first RTM, so be sure to make me pay for every mistake I do. I have to learn. Also I don't know why but the sprites of Pheromosa and Oricorio don't work.
But back on the team.
Did you ever tried to make a bad Pokemon a good one? Did you ever felt Pokemon wasn't "dancing" enough? Ok you probably did the first but I'm kinda sure you are not in the group of the second one, but don't worry! I got that for you!

Teambuilding Process

Well it's the protagonist. It's probably the best Oricorio, given how frail it is you don't want to stack weaknesses.

Murkrow is actually an awesome supporter. Priority from Prankster and an interesting movepool in Tailwind, Quash and Taunt (more on Feather Dance later) helps the team a lot, especially when setting up.

If this isn't the best partner of Oricorio, then nothing is. Fiery Dance and Quiver Dance are gifts from the gods. The other moves are for coverage, HP Ground is for Heatran.

This apparently conflicts with Volcarona, but the rain gives Hurricane perfect accuracy and after the boosts this team tends to accumulate Fiery Dance still does wonders.

The fastest Quiver Dance on a bloody fast Pokemon! Moves are for STAB and for the majority of double weaknesses that Ice has.

A third Quiver Dance looks overkill, but Lilligant has the movepool to fire other tricks.

The Team

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Revelation Dance
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Protect
Revelation Dance is always STAB, and it hits nice. It starts to break teams after it is boosted from the team. Roost is recovery, as you'll be taking some damage before becoming dangerous. Hurricane hits hard and nothing is immune to it. Protect is reserved for the last moveslot, as even if Oricorio uses it, it can still use the moves that activate Dancer. You can, this way, boost or attack while you Protect.
Dancer itself makes impossible for the enemy to outspeed you with Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance as you always copy them.
EVs are straightforward, and Sitrus Berry gives even more recovery.

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Feather Dance
- Taunt
- Quash
- Tailwind
Feather Dance gives the opponent -2 to the attack, has priority, and is a dancing move so Oricorio copies it. That means you just cutted in half the attack of most targets, and one of the opponents will have its attack reduced again. This helps a lot dealing with scarfed Rock Slide, which is common and annoying.
Taunt does Taunt stuff, but you have it with priority.
Quash saved me a lot more that you can think, giving that you can stop up to +1 attacks from revenge killing your teammate while it acts.
Tailwind is there if you need immediate speed.
Eviolite increases the bulk since Murkrow isn't fully evolved. Maximum SpD investment, given Feather Dance, maximize your chances of surviving the opponents while you are supporting the team.

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Fiery Dance and Quiver Dance are awesome, with the first giving you 3 attacks in a turn (that's 50% more than most teams have) with Oricorio and the latter pushing Volcarona's power over the roof, and Oricorio does that too.
Bug Buzz is STAB and bypass Subs, HP Ground nails Heatran that otherwise walls you.
Charti Berry gifts you with an extra turn if you get hit by a rock move, sometimes.
Flame Body burns on contact.
EVs are straightforward.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Scald
Quite a standard Pelipper. I wanted rain for Hurricane, but I guess this slot can a lot more than just give rain.

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
Fast and deadly, but a glass cannon. Having such a fast Quiver Dance gives Oricorio an emergency boost that can turn the battle on your favor. Everything else is coverage.
Focus Sash is used so you can actually act at least once in the match.

Lilligant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Teeter Dance
- Petal Dance
- Sleep Powder
The third Quiver Dance bring 2 extra toys: Teeter Dance and Petal Dance. Teeter Dance gives you the aforementioned double confusion when paired with Oricorio. If it Protects, it won't be confused. Note that because of Own Tempo, Oricorio won't confuse Lilligant with the copied Teeter Dance. Petal Dance is a 120 BP move, that won't confuse neither Lilligant (because of Own Tempo) neither Oricorio (because it isn't actually used). Note how you are attacking 3 times in a turn again. Sleep Powder is used to put to sleep an incoming Sucker Punch user, and everything else in general.
EVs are straightforward. Focus Sash has a similar function to the one used by Pheromosa.

Conclusion

This is the conclusion. This team looked a joke at the beginning but it really gets it's job done. 3 attacks turn are devastating, especially after the boosts from Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance.
Here is some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-563208406 Even by forgetting that Electric Terrain was active, I won. Look how 3 attacks broke through +1 Follow Me Clefable.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-563099253 Oricorio gets to +4 SpA.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-561084686 Volcarona and Oricorio break Chansey. Bellossom is now Lilligant but it didn't mattered at all since I never used it in the match.

Ability: Dancer
Modest Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Protect

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Feather Dance
- Taunt
- Quash
- Tailwind

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Scald

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Lilligant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Teeter Dance
- Petal Dance
- Sleep Powder

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)