Dancing and Turning

Welcome to my RMT [Dancing and Turning], I have no idea on what to write under introduction really so let's just get on with the team.
Team at a Glance

Team in Detail

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Heatran serves as my offensive pivot in my team. Heatran is able to reliably resist and force out members in Volt-Turn teams that give problems to my team, and also single handedly destroy those teams once Rotom-W is out of the way. Because of how often my Heatran is switching in to take hits, I cannot afford to give it an Air Balloon, so I gave it Shuca Berry for pretty much the same purpose. The additional benefit it provides how it doesn't show 'Heatran is floating on an Air Balloon' when it switches in, which means this Heatran is better able to bait in opposing Heatrans, or dragons, and kill them after taking a ground type attack. Due to his natural bulk even with minimal EVs, he is very reliable able to set up Stealth Rock. Hence, I also often lead with Heatran unless there is a very prominent counter for Heatran on the opposing team.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
Celebi serves as my defensive pivot. In my teambuilding process, this Celebi is primarily included in order for its electric attack resistance and its invaluable ability to Thunder Wave Pokémons that my Gyarados might not be able to outrun before a few DDs. In addition, Celebi has very good type synergy with Heatran, which means it can easily switch in to tank something, paralyze something, and then U-turn out to the appropriate counter to his counter. This also forces a lot of switches which allow Stealth Rock damage to rack up, eventually setting up a easy sweep for my Gyarados.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
Infernape serves as my secondary scout with U-turn. The difference from Celebi is that the U-turn from Infernape actually does very good damage. During team building, this Infernape is put in place primarily for its invaluable fighting priority because my team desperately needs to get past faster Pokémons. I have tried Breloom, Lucario, Conkeldurr and even Hitmontop in this slot, but each still has their explicit problems. Breloom provides redundant coverage; Lucario cannot hit as hard right off the bad; Conkeldurr and Hitmontop are just too slow for the team. Flare Blitz is very useful to the team because it deals massive damage to Volcarona in the Sun, while I cannot afford to get Gyarados burned by Flame Body.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
Starmie serves as my team's offensive spinner as well as a secondary sweeper for the team if the situation allows due to its blazing speed. Hydro Pump is ridiculously powerful with Life Orb and Analytic if the opponent switches out to a resist, and often is enough to nab me a kill even with a resisted Hydro Pump and either of my coverage moves. Rapid Spin is crucial to my team to keep hazards off my team since a lot of switching happens in my team. Psyshock is not used because 3 skill coverage is necessary.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 72 SAtk / 186 Atk
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- U-turn
Thundurus serves as the glue to my team, taking on the most common threats to my team. Its ability in Volt Absorb lets it absorb choiced Volt Switches at ease. Scarfed Thundurus allows it to take on non-choiced Starmies that can tear my team apart with its coverage moves. Choiced Starmies are less of a problem because my team is able to take hits with the appropriate switches. Its 101 base speed with a scarf allows it to revenge kill most common attackers. The SAtk EVs allow HP Ice to OHKO all 4x Ice weak dragons 100% of the time after SR. The rest are put into Atk in order for U-turn to deal more damage. Superpower can also easily 100% OHKO Tyrannitar that pose problem to the rest of my team.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 168 Spd / 252 Atk / 88 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce
This is the star of the team which the rest of the team was built around. My inspiration for this set was from a defensive Taunt Gyarados in my rain team that has actually won me more matches than the actual rain abusers because of Gyarados' natural bulk. Gyarados can come in easily on support 'mons (or when common defensive 'mons switch into it) and get a free DD after Taunt forces a switch, after that, it can easily get up another DD due to its great natural bulk, or more if the situation allows. The 168 Spd EV ensure that it outruns Jolteon after +1, so that it can OHKO Jolteon before it OHKOs you. The HP EVs give Gyarados a total of 353 HP, which is a maximum Leftovers recovery number. The choice of using Bounce over Stone Edge is because of neutral coverage on Ferrothorn, and a +2 Gyarados can KO most of its resists with a Waterfall afterwards.

For importable:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 72 SAtk / 186 Atk
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- U-turn

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 168 Spd / 252 Atk / 88 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Infernape @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)