1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

danmantincan vs Deck_Knight! Round 5

Discussion in 'Tournament Arena' started by Flora, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    AquaVelva (F)
    HP: 67
    EN:
    Stat: -10% Eva
    Other:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Jill (F)
    HP: 26
    EN:
    Stat: N/A
    Other:
    Substitute (3)

Arena: Toxic Spikes (danmantincan, 1), Stealth Rock (danmantincan)

Round 13: staaaaaalling

Still feeling under the weather despite the fact that the sandstorm dissipated, Jill slacks off and chills, recovering moar energy. AquaVelva is determined to shatter Jill's Substitute - you can see her eyes widen! A swift Water Pulse is emitted from the slug's mouth, which crushes the Substitute with the force of aqua. A quite shaky Jill is finally revealed as a result!

Jill quickly gets onto ground and Roosts in order to restore her quite low HP. AquaVelva takes this opportunity to Yawn at the mighty dragon, causing her to become pretty drowsy!

Yet again, Jill isn't confident in her energy storage and chills to raise that bar up. AquaVelva does the same. What a chill round!

Jill feels drowsy, but isn't sleeping just yet. What will AquaVelva do at that action? We shall see!

Calculations (open)

Action 1
    Jill (Chill): [+12 EN]
    AquaVelva (Water Pulse): [3 EN]
    (6+3+0) x .67 = [6 DMG]
    Substitute: 0 (Jill)
    The Substitute faded!

Action 2
    Jill (Roost): +20 HP [11 EN]
    AquaVelva (Yawn): [7 EN]

Action 3
    Jill (Chill): [+12 EN]
    AquaVelva (Chill): [+12 EN]

Post-action:
    (451/1000 = 1 action sleep for Jill)

[​IMG]
    AquaVelva (F)
    EN:
    Other:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Jill (F)
    HP: 46
    EN:
    Other:
    Drowsy (sleeps at the end of next round's first action)

Deck Knight's actions
    danmantincan's actions
  2. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Reordering:

Alright, our foe is Drowsy, so we have a chance to strike.

This might be the finale, so use Ice Beam, Ice Beam, Yawn.

Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam ~ Yawn

IF Dragonite uses Evasive Agility, use Water Pulse to minimize energy lost, and try to track it down.
  3. danmantincan

danmantincan

We aren't done yet!

Jill, I want to you Fly up high and avoid that first Ice Beam. When you come down, I want you to land in the moat, where you will fall asleep (Dragonite line can breath underwater so there shouldn't be a problem with this), this should reduce the effectiveness of that second Ice Beam. If you somehow get to move on the second action, go ahead and use Dragon Rage. Finish up with another Fly to avoid that pesky Yawn.

Fly into moat~Dragon Rage~Fly
  4. Flora

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

edit: misread dan's flavor. wish everything was bold lol.
    [​IMG]
    AquaVelva (F)
    EN:
    Other:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Jill (F)
    HP: 46
    EN:
    Other:
    Drowsy (sleeps at the end of next round's first action)

Round 14: blub

Jill cruises the air world with Fly. AquaVelva attempts to strike her down with Ice Beam, but misses horribly. Afterward, Jill takes her time to splash into the moat and fall asleep for 1 action.

As Jill takes her midday nap within the watery moat (weakness is x1.5 instead of x2.25), AquaVelva fires off another Ice Beam, which pieces through the water and strikes Jill head with a critical hit! Dragon blood leaks out of her drowsy mouth and immediately awaken the dragon within! The icicle layers break off and a cruising dragon swarms outside in flight! Jill uses her Fly attack to get some distance between AquaVelva, who desperately tries to Yawn at the dragon though to no effect. Afterward, Jill dives right at AquaVelva and strikes for great vengeance.

AquaVelva isn't doing so well in terms of energy, but Jill isn't having fun with her HP in contrast. What event will sparkle next round? I just can't wait for it!

Calculations (open)

Action 1
    Jill (Fly): [9 EN]
    AquaVelva (Ice Beam): [7 EN]
    miss
    (10+0) x 1.5 = [15 DMG]

Post-action:
    Jill fell asleep!
    [368/1000 = 1 action sleep]

Action 2
    Jill (Sleep)
    AquaVelva (Ice Beam): [11 EN] (59/1000 = crit) (372/1000 = no effect)
    (10+3+0) x 1.5 = 19.5 ~ [20 DMG]

Action 3
    Jill (Fly)
    AquaVelva (Yawn): [7 EN]
    miss
    Jill (Fly): [9 EN] (245/1000 = no crit)
    (9+3+3) = [15 DMG]

[​IMG]
    AquaVelva (F)
    HP: 52
    EN:
    Other:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Jill (F)
    EN:
    Other:
    N/A

danmantincan's actions
    Deck Knight's actions
  5. danmantincan

danmantincan

Leer~Evasive Agility~Leer

If Aqua uses Ice Beam, use an Evasive Agility and push actions back.
  6. Deck Knight

Alright Aquavelva, I think we'll need some luck on this one, but it might work.

Use Ancientpower, then Muddy Water, and finish with another Ancientpower.

If Muddy Water hits (as it'll hit the whole field) we'll at least drag this out to a draw!

Ancientpower ~ Muddy Water ~ Ancientpower
  7. Flora

(Guess my weird logic has to interfere, sadly. To back-up Beedrill's evasion from Rock Slide, it was also a smaller target who can easily evade such crude objects (eventually when Rock Slide's usage is actually questionable in this arena due to the resources available (which are... uhh... no idea, people?). Muddy Water at least I can see rising from all of the moats (I would imagine they surround the arena), collecting dirt by combining with parts of the ground (or perhaps the water is already dirty, who knows). It then uses Gastrodon's control of the water to rise and smash toward the middle of the arena... unless it somehow gets the miss then I have no idea what happens lol. Sooo yeah! And Agility is not a Fly, though I can imagine Pokemon such as Dragonite and Beedrill in midflight, just not totally flying. Dragonite is chubby though.)
    [​IMG]
    AquaVelva (F)
    HP: 52
    EN:
    Other:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Jill (F)
    EN:
    Other:
    N/A

Round 14: oh no!

Aren't you excited? The match is at the final stage! Let's see what's hip and happening!

Thinking she's the best, Jill happily Leers at the lowly slug, who's status is definitely not very attractive to even those of royalty! Not a Knight yet I see! AquaVelva is definitely not impressed by such a scold and conjures some ancient rocks, smashing them with power at Jill. The rocks slightly dent parts of her wings, with the blood of dragon seeping out like a crying river. Suddenly, AquaVelva glows as if he leveled up! Aha! AncientPower's effect has been activated and AquaVelva is stronger than ever! It does nothing to help her poor energy level though...

Not good, not good! Jill finds her way into flapping her wings gently and circling the arena with her incredible, but weary, Agility! She must avoid that slug at all costs! However, AquaVelva - well Deck_Knight - has a plan in mind. Using the moats as resource, AquaVelva summons all her strength into bringing the water into life. The muddiness is nothing nice to look at, though the fact that all the water is rising in and crashing into the arena... what a splendid view! You'd think AquaVelva would be smacked by this too but no, she's totally unaffected by this. Sadly for Jill, it seems she has received a hefty dent in the head due to spinning around too fast in the tidal wave. Ouch!

Here we are, the finishing action! Jill's recovering just fine from the nasty blow, but what exactly is she doing in return? Has she lost her will to fight? Look! She's just Leering down at the water-soaked AquaVelva! So the dragon still thinks she can beat the majestic slug, eh? AquaVelva tells otherwise and carefully lifts some ancient rocks behind the dragon with her last powers. Jill continues to bark down at the AquaVelva as if nothing was going to happen to her. And what would you know - her mistake! The sharp rocks of Gaia thrust themselves into Jill on the behind, and exit right through the other path, causing a massive tear in muscles and breath. Oh no! Jill just falls unconscious right after! That must have hurt a lot, especially with the AncientPower boost in mind! ... Huh? Look at AquaVelva... it seems like... she blacked out! She fainted too... WHAT IS THIS? IS THERE NO WINNER OR LOSER? JUST... LOSERS?

Gosh, who would've thought this would happen? How lame...

Calculations (open)

Action 1
    Jill (Leer): [4 EN]
    -1 Def (AquaVelva) (Locked)
    AquaVelva (AncientPower): [4 EN] [943/1000 = no crit] [48/1000 = effect activated]
    (6+0) x 1.5 = [9 DMG]
    +1 all stats (4a)

Action 2
    Jill (Evasive Agility): [7 EN]
    AquaVelva (Muddy Water): [6 EN] (637/1000 = hits) (327/1000 = crit) (817/1000 = no effect)
    (10+3+0) x .67 + 1.75 = 10.46 ~ [10 DMG]

Action 3
    Jill (Leer): [4 EN]
    -1 Def (AquaVelva) (Locked)
    AquaVelva (AncientPower): [4 EN] [895/1000 = no crit] [957/1000 = no effect]
    (6+0) x 1.5 + 1.75 = 10.75 ~ [11 DMG]
    +1 all stats (4a)

[​IMG]
    AquaVelva (F)
    HP: KOed
    EN:
    KOed
    Other:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    Jill (F)
    HP: KOed
    EN:
    KOed
    Other:
    N/A

Rewards
    danmantincan: 2 TCs
    - Boyd: 3 MCs | 1 KOC
    - Nolan: 3 MCs | 1 KOC
    - Jill: 3 MCs | 1 KOC
    Deck_Knight: 2 TCs
    - Chew Toshio: 2 MCs | 1 DC
    - Will Powers: 3 MCs | 1 KOC
    - AquaVelva: 3 MCs | 2 KOCs
    Result: Tie
  8. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

This was...unexpected.
  9. Rediamond

Rediamond

...so... is this going to be decided by a one vs one between the fourth Pokemon?

Oh well, pretty good game with an awesome finish.
  10. danmantincan

danmantincan

FUCK HAX!!!!!!!
  11. Deck Knight

Normally you say good game after a match dan, just sayin.

In any case, I didn't pull out a win, but at least I ended with a draw. Should have considered I used up a Chill earlier. Heh, well, live and learn.

Excellent work team.
  12. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

Wow. This was the best kind of finals match we could hope for. Good Job to both players for their excellent battling, although I think the win would have gone to Deck Knight had he not misplayed Round 7.

As far as I know, there will be no need for another match. By the looks of things, danmantincan will lose to iiMKUltra (7 HP vs. 45 HP). The points for each player would be:

Deck Knight: 1.5/2
    iiMKUltra: 1/2
    danmantincan: 0.5/2

That leaves Deck Knight to be the winner of the tournament, which seems fitting to me.
  13. Deck Knight

To be fair I probably misplayed worse when I tried to energy drain DNite rather than the Darmanitan flub, and possibly after that when he dan subbed on my ancientpower substitution. Really, a draw was the best I could muster, and that's pretty good considering a fair number of people thought the matchup was onesided against me anyway.

I pity the fools that underestimate Beedrill :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)