ORAS OU Dante’s Inferno: The Many Circles of Hell

Dante’s Inferno: The Many Circles of Hell

When one decides not to accept their Lord Arceus as its creator; the fate of those is left to the many layers of the Distortion World. In it, Giratina determines where your soul will lie. This determination is demarked by the servants of Giratina, whom execute punishment without remorse. Thus, the circles of hell begin:

Gluttony:
“In this circle of the Distortion World,
Those who lead a life in pursuit of self-satisfaction arrive as scourge,
However, as the time passes, their feelings they cannot hurl,
For a never-ending famine manifests, leading to an unsatisfied urge.”

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EV: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Role: Stealth Rock User and Abuser of Attrition
In Chomp’s previous life, being a Land Shark, he would gorge and annihilate all that was in his way without prejudice. Well in the Distortion World, he will now serve as the prey. However, thanks to Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet, we are guaranteeing that any contact moves landed on Chomp are gonna hurt like hell. Dragon Tail is to start shuffling the opponent into rocks while EQ and Toxic round out the set. Fire Blast was considered for Ferrothorn, but… a couple of members on this team can actually take advantage of his switch… more on this later…

Greed:
“For those who pursued material things are the inhabitants of this circle,
Forever pursuing, however, they can never treasure the spoils of their conquest,
With but a touch, the efforts of their endeavors are spoiled,
Left to anguish as they come to realize that they are now stuck in a flawed test.”

Clefable @ Leftovers
EV: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
IV: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Moonblast

Role: Doesn't Give a F*CK UMMmmm... I ignore boosts...
Here to tackle teams with a booster by laughing in their face. Though I prefer Quagsire as an Unware user, Gastro is here and a Fairy was sorely needed. As my friend Karxrida pointed out, Manaphy going +3 is REALLY F*CKING ANNOYING. So a solution to him, as well as, other boosters was sorely needed and thus, the move for Clefable was necessitated.

Anger:
“For those who let their emotions cloud their judgment,
They find out later on that those decisions do indeed have ever-lasting consequences,
As they serve as the last leg where philosophy and humanism suffer impairment,
For what lies beyond will truly test the might and will of the passerby’s core senses.”

Chansey @ Eviolite
EV: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Ability: Natural Cure
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

Role: Cleric / Wish Passer
The team really hates having to deal with status. SO.... in order to mitigate this, we call upon Eviolite Chansey's INSANE Bulk to assist with rendering status mute AND healing off damage thanks to its MASSIVE Wish passes she affords. Have to plat carefully, however, as a team with Goth can be annoying as F*CK.

Heresy:
“It is said that those who spout against the divine shall perish,
And here is where they go to receive their punishment,
For a life against Arceus they once cherished,
Forced to abide the rest of eternity by the Old Testament.”

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EV: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Earth Power

Role: Resetter and SpD Wall
Gastro is here to battle CM Clefable, Mega Slowbro and a bunch of other Calm Mind abusers, as well as, bulky water types that lack Grass type coverage like CM Manaphy and Crocune (yes, it’s a secondary Greninja check as well). Clear Smog is a very unexpected move and can really ruin people who believe that Gastro is a Giant pink passive blob. (here are some other examples pink blobs pwning!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzH7eSOwAc) EP and Scald are typical STABS, especially Scald assisting with any physical attackers that would come in on the switch, hoping for the 30% burn. Recover is self-explanatory as without it, Gastro is just lackluster otherwise.

Fraud:
“There are those who prey on the desperate and weak,
In hopes of quenching their lust for control and power,
What they don’t realize is that in this world they are now the meek,
Doomed to suffer for all those they manipulated as they bathe in fear and cower.”

Mew @ Leftovers
EV: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 Spe
Ability: Synchronize
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Infestation
- Will-O-Wisp

Role: Entry Hazard Control and Entrapment
It would be typical that the embodiment of flexibility would be the one that holds dominion over those who sell false hope to the weak. And as one who can learn ANY move, torture would be something that Mew can perform effortlessly. With a devastating WoW + Infestation combo, torture comes easy for him. However, Infestation also assists with our main sweeper being able to set-up and begin to sweep. Defog is to remove hazards, while Soft-Boiled is to provide reliable recovery.

Treachery:
“In the deepest bowels of the Distortion World,
Giratina has his ultimate minion torture those who dare attempt to desecrate his halls,
He is a being comparable to his demonic lord,
Born from betrayal and hatred, he leaves souls broken as he maims and mauls.”

Sableye @ Sablenite
EV: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Ability: Prankster -> Magic Bounce
- Will-o-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Role: Set-up Sweeper & Mega
The Demon cometh… is what happens when Sableye enters the battlefield. Between his massive bulk and his ability to enhance it along with his SpA, Sableye becomes a monster. Thanks to Mew and Klefki, Sableye can eat all attacks and be able to get off 2-3 Calm Minds if necessary and start doing what he does best… maim and maul his prey beyond recognition. The set is pretty standard and its Magic Bounce ability is a sight to behold in Sableye’s pursuit of a sweep.

Well this is the team in its entirety. Any comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated. Until next time.

Prof. R. Feliciano
Director of Metagame Studies, Smogon University, New York Campus
Director of Archaeological Studies, Smogon University, Chicago Campus
Lead Archaeologist of the Ruins of Alph excavation, Summer 2014
Lead Archaeologist for the Cave of Origin excavation, Fall 2014

P.S. Thanks to Karxrida and AM for making insightful observations. They were thought-invoking and, in the end, all suggestions were implemented. Thanks all for the assistance. ^_^

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Moonblast

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Clear Smog
- Recover

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Softboiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

(Former) Greed:

Klefki @ Light Clay
EV: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Spikes
- Fairy Lock

Role: Dual Screen User / Multi-Support

Since it is said that Klefki would never release a key that it came to like; it was only befitting that in the Distortion World its pursuit of keys would be its undoing. Normally, since it’s a Prankster, it would appreciate the joke but alas… Light Clay for Dual Screen Support in order to assist with the win condition of this team… we’re getting to him. Spikes & Fairy Lock provide different utilities; spikes adds more damage output for punishing switches alongside SR; while Fairy Lock at least impedes the opponent from being able to hard switch next turn… which correlates nicely with the goals of the rest of the team. Which will be revealed shortly…

(Former) Anger:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EV: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Ability: Trace
- Toxic
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Role: To be F*CKIN ANNOYING Greninja Check

Because of the prevalence of the Amphibious Shinobi (at least for now), it feels like carrying a dedicated counter that doesn’t drag the rest of the team down is a must. Does it make me angry that I have to do this… well… let’s just say that the Furies opened the final gate as we are now at the half way point of the team. As for the set, it’s pretty standard with the EVs dedicated to maximizing the number of hits P2 can absorb while being able to heal off the damage and status the opponent through hax or with Toxic.

Last edited:
Cool team, I would quit seeing it used against me.
Since Greninja will be probably banned, or at least can't be played right now: What pokemon is in P2's slot? Do you still use it, or did you replace it?

Cool team, I would quit seeing it used against me.
Since Greninja will be probably banned, or at least can't be played right now: What pokemon is in P2's slot? Do you still use it, or did you replace it?
TO be honest... I haven't speculated yet only because all Greninja will do is create a power void that will be filled by Pokemon X or something to that affect.

Samething happened with the Aegislash ban; BUT... if I had to pick someone... then I would prolly go with Eviloite Chansey or Cleric Sylveon.

Do you have any suggestions???

I feel like Jirachi would be a good addition to your team since your team gets really weak to MGardevoir once Klefki gets weakened, which is really easy because it isn't invested in Defense. I don't really know what to replace, but it would still be cool to have.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I guess my concern is this over dependency on M-Sableye as your win condition when just about any other M-Sableye team pretty much takes care of this, especially variants that run Snarl for their attacking move. Stall is generally fine but a lack of any sort of real cleric on such as passive team is a concern which just decreases the longevity of your team and makes it prone to just a bunch of stuff in the tier. I'd probably just go ahead and run Chansey over Porygon2 for that reason.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You don't appear to have a Manaphy answer bar "wear it the fuck down"; it sets up on Mega Sableye and will proceed to go to town on you. Gastrodon isn't really an answer when Energy Ball OHKOs bar Light Screen (which won't matter if it's boosted), and Garchomp can only phase if Manaphy isn't boosted and Scald still does a good amount (plus getting burned sucks).

I also don't see why Screens are necessary when you're running anything that isn't offense; it's useless against other stall teams and you don't exactly benefit too much from Fairy Lock unless you trap something that can't threaten Mega Sableye AND they don't have an Unaware Clefable, strong physical wallbreaker, or Mega Gyarados.

SoftBoiled is illegal on Clefable with the ability Unaware. Unaware is a 5th Gen and on hidden ability, and Softboiled is a 3rd Gen tutor move.

SoftBoiled is illegal on Clefable with the ability Unaware. Unaware is a 5th Gen and on hidden ability, and Softboiled is a 3rd Gen tutor move.
My bad... wrote this on my phone at the time... Clefable updated with Wish as Moonlight sucks with sand and rain in what feels like every other match.

Thanks for the catch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)