Dark Horse Rain Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I challenged myself to make an LC team with seldom-used Pokemon that could still step up to bigger teams. I hereby present my LCUU rain team!

I've gotten close to ~50 battles with this team, and so far the results have been pretty good. Many teams are unprepared for an Anorith or Surskit sweep, but the non-bug types do a lot of work on the team as well. Let's meet the players!

Code:
Frillish @ Damp Rock
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 5
EVs: 80 HP / 196 Def / 232 SDef
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
Frillish is my lead here, and a damn good one at that. It stops common Mienfoo or Aipom leading with Fake Out, and often prompts a switch to another Pokemon. This one turn allows me to set up rain with damp rock, while leaving Frillish mostly intact for the rest of the battle for some stalling fun.

Code:
Barboach @ Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 116 HP / 212 Atk / 36 Def / 28 SDef / 116 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Return
Barboach is my bulky attacker here for when Priority dominates the field. Its access to dragon dance makes it very useful as a wallbreaker as well, along with being a threat when the rain peters out. It's not seen much in Little Cup, but I use it to the full extent of its power.

Code:
Anorith @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
Anorith is my typical path to victory. With low defenses, it's pretty frail outside of rain, but with Swift Swim active after Frillish's 8-turn rain dance, it becomes an amazingly powerful sweeper. This guy usually takes out 3-4 enemy Pokemon before being crushed, and with +2 it's almost unstoppable. The only problem is, versus stall teams, when the rain stops, so does Anorith's rampage.

Code:
Electrike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightningrod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 SAtk / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo
Electrike is my revenge killer. Its high speed plus choice scarf lets it outspeed nearly everything in Little Cup, and it can take out common threats to the rest of my team. Snover? Check. Murkrow? Check. This thing has it all. Plus, Thunder gets 100% accuracy in rain!

Code:
Surskit @ Life Orb
EVs: 52 Def / 200 SAtk / 20 SDef / 236 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 19 HP / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rain Dance
Ah, Surskit, my favorite Pokemon in LC. With a ranking in Little Cup below #50, it hurts to see this little guy see so little use. Surskit is amazingly fast and powerful, but has the defenses of eggshells in the middle of the road. During rain, it wipes out even the strongest of Pokemon. It can also be used as a fast rain-setter if Frillish goes down to a mysterious attack turn 1. The only problem I've encountered so far with it is Frillish, which takes no damage from two of its attacks and resists the other.

Code:
Omanyte @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Def / 232 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ancient Power
- Ice Beam
Omanyte is my setup sweeper just in case things get a bit too slow. After a Shell Smash, its great coverage helps me to sweep, and its decent defenses can take a hit if a switch-in is needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts? Weak points? Strong points? I'd love to hear any and all suggestions.

Thank you for reading, and I encourage you to challenge yourself as I did, you'll find it's quite a fun experience.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)