1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dark Sun [OU Sun Team]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by NRod, Aug 14, 2012.

1. NRod

NRod

DARK SUN

Hello everyone! This is my first sun team, and While doing some team building I have come across a couple of issues that have halted my progress. First off I would like to describe the ideology behind my team and how it functions. I was attempting to have an offensive core, defensive core, along with a support. These pokemon are theoretically supposed to synergize very well and support each other on the
    battlefield. So, lets have a look at my team and make suggestions where you all think are necessary.

[​IMG]
    Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Modest|Drought
    Ev: 172 HP 216 SpA; 120 Sp

Flamethrower
    Roar
    Sunny Day
    Energy Ball

The one and only, the almighty invincible Ninetales! Well, not exactly. Ninetales does a great job of keeping the sun up and doing a considerable amount of damage to pokemon. Expected switches to TTar and the toad well either result in a good chnk of hp missing or using sunny day to keep sun in play. Either way, I usually dont want to stay in
    because of the fear of being KO'd unless I know I can pick them off since my EV's allow me to outspeed postively natured weather inducers.The main and only problem I have with Ninetales is how fragile she is, but then again name a Ninetales that does not have the same problem....

[​IMG]
    Charizard @ Choice Scarf
    Modest|Solar Power
    Ev: 252 SpA 252 Sp

Fire Blast
    Hidden Power [ICE]
    Focus Blast
    SolarBeam

This has always been my favorite pokemon even as a kid. I am so happy they gave him a viable ability in DW! Under the sun this guy is an absolute MONSTER! Hidden power deals with those darn dragons, solarbeam is there for the bulky waters, Focus Blast is mainly there to deal with Heatran and TTar but it comes in handy. Fire Blast, this attack actually KO's most of the meta game even some pokemon that resist it. If there is no weather in play it actually sweeps most teams. The catch with Charizard though is keeping that weather in my favor. It seems that
    he becomes death fodder if I lose the weather war or if rocks are up....

[​IMG]
    Hitmontop @ Leftovers
    Impish|Intimidate
    Ev: 240 HP 252 Def 18 Atk

Rapid Spin
    Foresight
    Close Combat
    Rest

This guy is just here to spin and take rock/physical attacks aimed at Charizard and Ninetales. He does a good job at acting as a mixed wall as well.

[​IMG]
    Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Timid|Chlorophyll
    Ev : 252 SpA 188 Sp 70 Def

Hidden Power [FIRE]
    Giga Drain
    Sludge Bomb
    Growth

If this guy gets a growth boost under the sun he will OHKO the entire meta game bar Heatran who compltely walls this set. The given EV's are there to make sure that he outspeeds postively natured Toads and TTars that are not scarfed and KO them in return. The extra Def EV's really help him survive some attacks.I absolutely love this 'Mon he as won me so many matches.

[​IMG]
    Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold|Water Absorb
    EV: 248 HP 252 Def 8 Spe

Wish
    Protect
    Ice Beam
    Heal Bell

I really like Vaporeon and what he does for my team. She does a good job of acting as a mixed wall and abosrbing those water attacks aimed at most of my team and kinda trolls rain teams which makes me laugh. I am running heal bell since most of my team is affected my status very negatively and ice beam is there to deal with dragons. I considered running scald but it just does pathetic damage in the sun.

[​IMG]
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Adamant|Technician
    EV: 244 HP 252 Atk

Superpower
    Bullet Punch
    U-Turn
    Pursuit

Just a standard Scizor build. I have him on my team to keep momentum in my favor and occasionally take a hit in a pinch.

THREATS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Special thanks to:
    TBA

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)