1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Darkness approches

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Belatroz, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Belatroz

Belatroz

Hello people, I've always been lurking here, but this time I'm going to post this team I've been thinking of. Well, as you can see from the title, I'm a fan of Dark Pokemon, and this Gen. has made me a lot happier.Please, help me.

[​IMG]
    Zoroark @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature (+Spd/-Atk)
    (4HP/ 252 SP.Atk/ 252 Spd) - Illusion
    -Nasty Plot
    -Night Burst
    -Flamethrower
    -Focus Blast

Well, I consider that Zoroark is the best 'Nasty Ploter' I've ever used. It's awesome as a starter obviously because of Illusion. I've 'disguised' him as Jellicent, and those who didn't realize it was a Zoroark got swept by him. At least three would die by his hands. Despite that, it's a very weak pk. I'm not pretty sure about Life Orb on it.

[​IMG]
    JellyKing (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature (+Sp.Def/-Atk)
    (252HP/ 88 Def./ 168 Sp.Def) - Water Absorb
    -Boil Over(Boiling Water/Scald)
    -Toxic/Will-O-Wisp
    -Evil Eye
    -Recover

This is my Sp.Wall and also Status Abuser. He is essential for this team, and that's why he's got the title of a king!! He works pretty well agains those Fighting moves against my beloved dark pokemon, and he can also handle some tough Ice Moves too, which is something I really need for Hydreigon. I'm not pretty sure whether I keep Toxic or Will-O-Wisp as there's the 30% chance of a bur from Boiling Water.

[​IMG]
    Virizion @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature (+Spd/-Sp.Atk)
    (4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd) - Heart of Justice
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Leaf Blade
    -Stone Edge

I love this guy! It's an awesome physical sweeper. He often comes in front of a Ferrothorn, who can do nothing against it, Swords Dance and then it's ready to sweep. As I said, he is the guy that faces Ferrothorn and those boring Pokemon who insist to put some hazard in the game. It's very helpful against Tyranitar, Swampert, Rhyperior and also Excadrill.

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature (+Def/-Spd)
    (252 HP/ 198 Def/ 60 Sp.Def) - Iron Barbs
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Leach Seed
    -Power Whip

I guess there's nothing much to talk about this guy. It can do what it's meant for, and by the way, I really liked this set with Thunder Wave over Gyro Ball.

[​IMG]
    Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
    Timid Nature (+Spd/-Atk)
    (4HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd) - Levitate
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Dark Pulse
    -Focus Blast

This is the star of my team. It was kind of love-at-first-sight when I met this beast. The very thing I was hoping since the beginning, and he comes in very handy as a late sweeper. He has done his job quite nicely, as it can outrun most of my threats and kill them with Draco Meteor. I don't have much to say about him but he has been wonder for me! :D

[​IMG]
    Batman (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant Nature (+Atk/-Sp.Atk)
    (252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def) - Poison Heal
    -Swords Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Protect

Well, this is the only pokemon I'm not sure about in this team. Sometimes it helped me a lot, but most of the time I feel it doesn't fit the team and he also adds another 4x weakness to ice, and I can't take more ice moves. I really need a suggestion for this slot.

Finally, I can say that this team works pretty well together. There's a point I'd like to enlight: I have a lack of Ice moves, and I don't know what to do.
    Besides that, some of the threats I've faced are: ScarfChomp, any kind of Infernape/Blaziken, Latios and Latias, and some others I can't really remember now.

Please, help me, I'd appreciate it so much!! :D
  2. Dark Paladin7

Dark Paladin7

Hi, for the most part your team looks fairly solid. The first thing you should change is gliscor's set. The set I am thinking of is this

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Evs: 252 Hp/184 Def/72 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Acrobat
    - Fling
    - Protect/Taunt

This set provides a much better check to threats like dory and roobushin then the one you have does now. If you don't already know what this set does, basically after you are poisoned you fling your orb, poisoning something else. Aside from poisoning this also doubles the power of acrobat, going from 55 to 110 and then getting stab. It also gets good coverage with earthquake.

On Sazandora (hydreigon), change your moves to Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, U-turn, Surf. This set allows the use of u-turn without losing coverage. Dark Pulse isn't missed because the two main moves of the set are the same or more powerful anyway. You also might want to change to modest, as the speed isn't missed very much and it just gives so much more power. However, and your not going to like this, I suggest changing it to a Lati@s, which one you choose depends on whether you want power or bulk. Lati@s is just so much faster and bulkier than saz is, and has about the same amount of power. Its typing is also, for the most part, superior as it resists fighting and doesn't have to worry about mach punch. If you do this you might want change jellicient to a physically defensive varient since you have a new specially bulky poke in Lati@s. This will also help you take on Blaziken.

In short:
    Change gliscor's set
    Change saz's set (If you don't switch to Lati@s)

Optional
    Lati@s over saz
    physically defensive jelly (If you choose lati@s)
    Protect over t-wave on Nattorei (just a thought)

gl with the team

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)