Other Metagames Darkrai Doom (AG RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am going to place a team here and ask you to rate it. Basic stuff, really. (BTW, this team isn't strictly AG. You can use it in Ubers too, but I found it to be more effective in AG.) So, Let's begin!

FIRST POKEMON

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
This is the basic lead of the team. Come in, Dark Void, Nasty Plot, kill everything. You know the drill.

SECOND POKEMON

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
Eruption is gonna be your main move here. HP Ice is for coverage, and Earth Power is to hit Fire/Steel types. Stealth Rock is obviously obvious.

THIRD POKEMON

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
This thing is a MONSTER is not predicted well. I don't have Origin Pulse on here for.... no reason. It kills stuff. Really dang well.

FOURTH POKEMON

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
Before you ask, yes, this is MegaQuaza. It basically obliterates everything Darkrai and the others can't take care of. As well as about EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME.

FIFTH POKEMON

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunder
This is really simple, much like Darkrai. Come in, click Geomancy, KILL EVERYTHING. HP Ground is for the GODLIEST coverage ever(if only Xerneas could learn Earthquake), Moonblast is for STAB, and, one again, Thunder for Utility.

LAST POKEMON

Yacaw (Yveltal) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
Ah, Yveltal, why are you so badass? Anyway, this guy can revenge pretty much anything, but I don't use it to revenge(Although it has the strongest Sucker Punch IN THE GAME). Use it to kill stuff you don't want anyone else facing.

Well, that's the team! Leave suggestions for the team to help improve it!

IMPORTABLE
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunder

Yacaw (Yveltal) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing

Attachments

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man. The team doesn't look bad, mons are all fairly standard, but the sets could definitely use some adjustments.

For starters, Moonblast > Dazzling Gleam is an obvious switch, as Moonblast completely outclasses it in singles. Protect is doing nothing for you, and you don't have much for Ho-Oh so I'd recommend Thunder > Protect in this slot. Mega Ray looks ok, but Lum Berry > Life Orb is pretty much a must-have switch because Klefki and Darkrai completely destroy this team. You pretty much need Knock Off > U-Turn on Yveltal, because again, Ho-Oh is very threatening right now.

Now, for the bigger changes. Your Kyogre and Pdon sets really need work. For Pdon, you lack a Stealth Rock setter which is nearly essential for every team. Your current set is also really bad, no offense. If you Change Pdon to a Rock Setter your team gets a lot better. You can keep the Fire STAB in Fire Punch, and the Ground stab in Precipice Blades, and Dragon Tail lets you still hit Dragon-types while not being setup bait for anything, and it isn't like any Fairy-type is coming into Pdon anyways.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

The biggest problem your team now has is Darkrai. It is a HUGE threat. Your Kyogre set, like Pdon, is pretty bad. Your only Water STAB is rendered useless if you get weakened, and you don't have any speed EVs either. A simple change to a Rest Talk 2 attacks set gives you a decent non-Taunt way of dealing with Rai, and gives you a better matchup vs Ho-Oh, Klefki, etc. Oh, and you have another status absorber, which is nice.
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

GL man, hope I helped!

I did make the changes to Xerneas and P-Don and Yacaw and MegaRay, like you suggested. However, Xerneas can also help to kill Darkrai.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Mike81401 !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)