1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

DarkSlay VS Ice-Eyes (Ref:Plusle)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Plusle, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

If it attacks, Counter. If it doesn't, Focus Punch. If its attack would KO, your attack would KO or you're too low on energy, Return.
  2. DarkSlay

DarkSlay This Wouldn't Have Happened In Romney's Smogon
    is a CAP Contributor

Hm...so Radke is going to play that kind of, huh? Let's put this to our advantage!

Okay Lumber, this may be strange, but I want you to use Payback first! Since Counter always goes last, this should be half as powerful, and should deal just around 7 damage. You won't take much damage from Counter this way, and it'll be enough to KO it after another Drain Punch, forcing it to use Return.

Then, I want you to combine your Mach Punch and your Drain Punch to make your Drain Punch go first! The speed you gain off of the Mach Punch should enable you to go first before Radke can Return you, and the power of Drain Punch should nab you the KO before it hits you!

So:
    Payback -> Mach Punch + Drain Punch
  3. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Radke (Voodoll) [M]
    Nature: Hasty
    Health: 37
    Energy: 31%
    Boosts: None
    Other: Payback Disabled 2 more actions, -1 Defense

[​IMG]
    Timburr [Lumber] (M)
    Nature: Adamant
    Health: 33
    Energy: 83%
    Other: Nope

damages (open)
    Radke Counter 11 HP, Lumber Payback 7 HP
    Radke Return KO, Lumber Mach Punch + Drain Punch 35 HP

Both Radke and Timburr prepare for the final stage of this clash of strength. Lumber starts things off by firing a Payback at Radke who simply Counters the attack for solid damage. However, a morbid wind sweeps across the arena as Lumber blasts a Mach Punch boosted Drain Punch into the gut of Radke who tries to reply with a Return, but falls flat on his face before he can begin to lift his arms.

[​IMG]
    Radke (Voodoll) [M]
    Nature: Hasty
    Health: 0
    Energy: 0
    Other: Payback Disabled 2 more actions, -1 Defense

[​IMG]
    Timburr [Lumber/Dokkora] (M)
    Health: 22
    Energy: 68

new pokemon plz
  4. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Go, Reflex (Bronzor)!
  5. DarkSlay

is a CAP Contributor

You did it, Lumber! This round doesn't seem too great, but I want you to force it to go all out offensive with pressure from attacks! That's right: three Drain Punches in a row!

If it decides to use Hypnosis or Confuse Ray on one of its turns, use Detect instead to dodge the status. Don't use it twice in a row, however.

Drain Punch -> Drain Punch -> Drain Punch
    OR
    Substitute an action with Detect if about to get hit by a status move.
  6. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Let's clean him up!

Psychic --> Psychic --> Psychic if necessary.
  7. little gk

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Health: 22
    Energy: 68

damages (open)
    Lumber 13, Reflex Psychic 16 HP
    Lumber 16 HP, Reflex Psychic 16 HP
    Lumber 13 HP, Reflex FATALITY

Lumber is seen tired, but encouraged following the fainting of Radke. That look soon fades as Reflex makes his appearance, suddenly this has become a fight to simply finish awake rather than one of pride. Quickly, Lumber charges in at Reflex and hits with a powerful Drain Punch, healing some HP in the process. The dishpan looks at Lumber and knows exactly what to do as he fires off a devastating Psychic. Lumber, on his last legs, charges in for one last Drain Punch, but survives Reflexes Psychic somehow. It seems as though he scored a critical hit! Hoping to get lucky a second time, Lumber charges in with a final Drain Punch, but can't even follow through after being hit by a final Psychic.

[​IMG]
    Health: 0
    Energy: 0

[​IMG]
    Bronzor(*) [Reflex]
    Nature: Sassy
    Health: 61
    Energy: 70
    Boosts: Nope
  8. DarkSlay

is a CAP Contributor

Great job Lumber! Way to be a fighter, not a lover!

This is it! Finish it off, Splinter! (Splinter the Skorupi)
  9. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Start out with Hypnosis! Then, Psychic and follow it up with an Extrasensory.

If he tries to Dig, use Earthquake instead.
  10. DarkSlay

is a CAP Contributor

Okay Splinter, let's get the show rolling fast, and do what you do best: tricky tactics!

Splinter, use Dig on the first turn to dodge Hypnosis and attack! Even if he uses Earthquake, your high Defense should negate the extra damage a bit, and the damage cause by Dig is more than worth it!

Follow that up with a Confuse Ray to try and prevent that Psychic or Extrasensory attack, and finish the round with a Swords Dance!

So: Dig -> Confuse Ray -> Swords Dance
  11. little gk

[​IMG]
    Bronzor(*) [Reflex]
    Health: 61
    Energy: 70

damages (open)
    Splinter Dig 10 HP, 6 Energy, Reflex Earthquake 12 HP, 7 Energy
    Splinter Confuse Ray 5 Energy, Reflex Psychic 18 HP, 6 Energy
    Splinter Swords Dance 7 Energy, Reflex Extrasensory 17 HP, 5 Energy

Reflex, the metal dishpan is enjoying the conquests of blowing up the brain of yet another fighting-type when Dark Slay sends out... a bug. Reflex just continues floating around, feeling as safe as can be when Splinter suddenly Digs underground! Reflex shows why he was named and punishes the poor bug with an Earthquake that leaves him dazed. Trying to make up for his own lack of intelligence, Splinter releases a Confuse Ray at Reflex, but is unable to stop the Psychic hitting him dead on. Running out of options, he then starts spinning around in some sort of Swords Dance, but it is interrupted as Reflex, fighting off the confusion, hits him with an Extrasensory.

[​IMG]
    Bronzor(*) [Reflex]
    Health: 51
    Energy: 52

[​IMG]
    Skorupi [Splinter] (M)
    Nature: Jolly
    Health: 43
    Energy: 81
    Boosts: +2 Attack
  12. DarkSlay

is a CAP Contributor

Wow, terrible luck Splinter. :( Oh well. Looks like we'll have to be boring as a result.

Use Dig three times in a row to dodge all Psychic attacks and score huge damage with your boosted power!

So:

Dig -> Dig -> Dig
  13. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Levitate to over the oasis so it can't dig up at you, then set off an Earthquake! Follow that up by combining Psychic and Payback, staying over the water - slow yourself down, then hit it hard when it comes up.

Follow that up with Extrasensory.
  14. little gk

[​IMG]
    Bronzor(*) [Reflex]
    Health: 51
    Energy: 52

[​IMG]
    Skorupi [Splinter] (M)
    Health: 43
    Energy: 81
    Boosts: +2 Attack

damages (open)
    Splinter Dig 13 HP 6 Energy, Reflex float
    Splinter Dig 13 HP 10 Energy, Reflex Earthquake 12 HP 7 Energy
    Splinter Dig 13 HP 14 Energy, Relfex Extrasensory 17 HP, 5 Energy

Splinter, determined as ever to create a boring round begins to spam Dig, racking up the energy lost in the process. After being hit with the first of three digs, Reflex decides to float over to the oasis to chill out and whatnot. Suddenly, it realizes that it can hit Splinter for more damage when he's digging, so Reflex changes plans and Earthquakes, hitting Splinter for good damage. In the process, multiple cracks open up and drain out the oasis, letting Splinter hit Reflex with another dig. As Splinter dives down to dig again, Reflex first thinks to combine Payback and Psychic to hit Splinter for massive damage, but then realizes that he needs two actions to do this, so he uses Extrasensory once Splinter hits it with his dig.

[​IMG]
    Bronzor(*) [Reflex]
    Health: 12
    Energy: 40

[​IMG]
    Skorupi [Splinter] (M)
    Health: 14
    Energy: 51
    Boosts: +1 Attack
  15. DarkSlay

is a CAP Contributor

Posting to remind Ice-eyes that he has until around 12:30 EST to submit his moves, or else the DQ limit is up!
  16. little gk

yay for sad conclusions, so i'd let this go longer, but ending shit asap is always good, even for the loser imo!

DarkSlay gets: 1 win. Salmon gets the usual plus one KO counter. Timburr will be getting the usual plus one KO counter. Splinter
    simply gets the usual.

Ice-Eyes gets: 1 loss. Black Skull gets the usual. Radke gets the usual plus one KO counter. Reflex gets the usual plus one KO counter.

Goldenknight gets: 3 ref counters

the usual being 1 EC/1 MC/1 DC
  17. DarkSlay

is a CAP Contributor

Sad to see this get DQ'd, but this was pretty much over anyway. I just missed out on a KO counter, but no big deal.

Good match Ice. I look forward to playing again in the future!
  18. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Sorry about this guys, I'd been trying to get in touch with GK because a few of us in IRC agreed that EQ had been mis-reffed that last round, but it doesn't really matter because, since I couldn't, I was about to lose anyway.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)