Darmanitan (Analysis)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think Superpower should get the main slash over Earthquake in the Choice Scarf set. I mean its the main slash in the Choice Band set...

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Agreeing with PK Gaming and MeganFox. IMO, Superpower's ability to hit Balloon users like Heatran make it the better option over Earthquake. As such, I recommend making it the first slash on the second set. It doesn't make any sense to have Earthquake as the first slash on the Choice Scarf set when you haven it listed as the second slash on the Choice band set. Stay consistent.

Other than that, everything looks good.

QC APPROVED (3/3)

Last spot is between Earthquake and Superpower. Superpower lets you hit Tyranitar and Heatran just like Earthquake, but also smacks Skarmory and levitators like Flygon which would otherwise switch in freely, but comes with the price of lowering Attack.
Skarmory would switch in freely without Superpower...???? Um... Flare Blitz??? I don't think anybody in there right mind will be attempting to swich Skarmory into this thing.

Darmanitan is hit neutrally by all-but-two priority attack, and neither form has enough defenses to withstand them.
This still needs fixing. Darmanitan is weak only to Aqua Jet, is hit neutrally by Sucker Punch, Extreme Speed, and Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave, and resists Bullet Punch and Ice Shard.

In Daruma Mode is also now Zen Mode. It additionally resists the fighting priority attacks, theoretically giving it more opportunities to switch in should one decide to run such a set. Its worth noting also that Zen mode's defensive stats almost double from its previous form.

You've been saying "logs or it didn't happen" in regards to people claiming such a set could be viable, likewise I challenge you to provide some calcs with respect to both forms' ability to take certain common attacks, especially priority, so that we can accurately see the difference in defensive prowess between the two forms. Given that it only gets said defensive stats at half of its total HP I think a lot of people are curious about its ability to take hits in such a scenario. In fact your analysis is looking rather scant in general. It looks rushed. You should go a bit more in depth about the individual sets IMO.

Superpower is good if you want to one hit KO Tyranitar or hit balloon users that are steel type. Earthquake might be more valuable though if you want to deal with Tentacruel who sets up toxic spikes or any other hazards that are dangerous for your team.

I'm not sure what the standard Conkeldurr set is, but it's pretty nice that Darmanitan can OH-KO it at full health with adamant life orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)