1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Darmanitan Uber?

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by TheWhiteBowser, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWhiteBowser

TheWhiteBowser

I hope my research is mistaken on this one and if it is I will remove this thread. Nevertheless though, I find this quite concerning. I bought B/W 2 a month ago and caught and raised a Darumaka which evolved into Darmanitan. As already stated Darmanitan has top-class Attack (base 140) and can learn both Swords Dance and Belly Drum. What is so concerning is that my Darmanitan has the ability Hustle in my B/W 2 game. And no I did NOT hack the game. I have caught many Daruamakas to confirm that it is now common for them to have the ability Hustle.

From what I understand Hustle increases the damage output of physical attacks by 50% and decreases Accuracy by 20%. Giving this ability to Darmanitan though seems like overkill even with the Accuracy decrease. Apply a choice band to Darmanitan and you have a weapon that easily can OHKO a anything in OU with a Flare Blitz. Though I am quite aware that a 95 base speed does not qualify Darmanitan for being a quality uber, I feel that this issue needs to be addressed.

I play on Pokemon Online and have noticed that Darmanitan still does not have the Hustle ability. Is this because this issue has already been resolved? I just joined Smogon a week ago and wanted to bring this subject up to introduce myself to the community.

Please let me know what you think about Darmanitan having the ability Hustle, and if you think Darmanitan should be moved to Uber because of it, or not be allowed the ability at all.
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Darmanitan does not get the ability Hustle, only it's pre-evolution Darumaka gets Hustle.

Darmanitan gets the abilities Sheer Force and Zen Mode.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)