move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Fire Punch / Superpower
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Hustle
nature: Jolly
evs: 196 Atk / 196 Spe / 76 SpD

[Set Comments]

-Hits a massive 36 Attack with Hustle and hits 25 Speed with Choice Scarf
-U-Turn is always a good move, use it to scout.
-Rock Slide or Superpower gives coverage.
-Last slot is between using Fire Punch to clean up or using Superpower with Rock Slide.

[Additional Comments]
-Gets Will-O-Wisp but with Hustle the accuracy would be absolutely terrible.

[Team Options]
-Things that can set up on bulky ground types, such as Gigar or Gastly.
-Bulky Water types can set up on other Bulky Waters or on opposing Fires, and can nail said fires and Bulky Grounds with STAB Water attacks.

[Optional Changes]
-Darumakka has the standard array of fire-type special attacks, but it would rather use that awesome attack stat with hustle.

[Counters]
-Bulky ground types, such as Hippopotas or Gligar wall it fairly well
-Rock types, but watch out for Superpower.
-Fairly average speed among choice scarf users, 19 speed choicers can outspeed and revenge.
-Bulky Waters, like Chinchou can handle most moves, but they also do not like Superpower.
-Fire types can easily switch in on your fire attacks or on U-Turn but they don't want to eat a Rock Slide or Superpower either.

[Dream World]
With Inner Focus, Darumakka could use a potentially effective lead set:

[Set]
Name: Lead/Support
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Taunt
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Encore
item: Berry Juice / Life Orb
ability: Inner Focus
nature: Jolly
evs: 196 Atk / 196 Spe / 76 SpD

[Set Comments]
-Taunt and decent speed stops most SR leads.
-Encore and Inner Focus ruins Fake-Outers
-It can be a nice attacker too with STAB Flare Blitz so it isn't useless once it stops rocks and kills their lead.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Most slightly bulky Water and Fire types can switch in safely enough since it will almost always use a fire move (or U-turn out), a few examples should go in counters.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Growlithe, Ponyta, Houndour can thanks to Flash Fire or Intimidate, and I'd imagine Pokabu or Numel with Juice could take a hit and Head Smash/EQ back. Fire types have the added advantage of resisting U-turn and being neutral to the other attacks, unlike Waters.

I see your point, but I still wouldn't call them bulky to be honest.

I am pretty sure this is finished now!

No Nitro Charge set? It needs to be on there. Nitro Charge gives it the ability to deal major damage and boost its Speed since it can plow through the tier quite easily afterwards (if Aqua Jetters are removed).

Brick Break should be and option to OHKO Munchlax.

And...uh...I don't see ThunderPunch on the move list....

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
actually, despite that fact that band is almost always outclassed by life orb in LC, it doesn't sound that awful in this case. with SR/Spikes weakness and its main STAB causing recoil, taking even more damage on top of that doesn't sound too appealing, esp. when its coverage sucks (switching moves is less important).

IMO, Rock Slide is a really bad option with Hustle. Any physical moves being used on a Hustle set should be 100% accurate before Hustle, otherwise, it'll just be too unreliable... that's what I think, anyway. :0
(Anyone who used Hustle Remoraid with Rock Blast in the 4th Gen will know what I mean.)

Remove the Dream World section because you can find a Zen Mode Darmanitan and get a female one and breed it and then it will lay an egg and a Darumaka will come out of the egg and the Darumaka will have Inner Focus.

Although it hates the 25% HP cost, it could run Substitute+Oran...It also has Focus Punch.

Also, obligatory mention of Rapid Spin, because it's SR weak and really doesn't like aforementioned 25% HP reduction.

In your list of stuff that beats it, you forgot Dragon-types. Cause they resist Fire.

Also, Cheer Up.

Google says it isn't.

Mention Vulpix in Team Options because Sun STAB Hustle'd Flare Blitzes are awesome. And lack of water-weakness.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: U-Turn
move 3: Rock Slide / Superpower
move 4: Fire Punch / Superpower

seems much better

no bj on the lead set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)