Dat Warstory (Madison Regionals Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouting is not suppose to be allowed at tournaments. Once your game is over, you are suppose to leave the area matches are being played in.

I wish I had some cool byes of which to talk about over the internet.

But I look at it like this, All the people w/ byes will have 100% resistance and be paired up . each other.

#swag
It actually doesn't work like that, breakers aren't factored into pairings during swiss at all. See: professional magic tournaments, last year Nationals (Milan Patel got paired down but had much better tiebreakers than Scott), etc.

Scouting is not suppose to be allowed at tournaments. Once your game is over, you are suppose to leave the area matches are being played in.
Yeah I can understand the not allowing scouting thing- however, it should be allowed if both players are OK with it (such as Synre trying to watch me and Evan battle, neither one of us cared). It should just be addressed before the tournament that that is how it works. I was just taken aback when I was told not to take any notes after my first match. It was kind of like, what? I'm doing it only to recall what happened and what I faced, and how to improve afterward. Also if the person is OK with it I'd post their team on the warstory. I wouldn't take any notes without permission.

I mean yeah you'll get the one bad egg that will team scout just to scout but at least allow note-taking, as it's 99% of the time just for reference. If you're caught sharing notes before it's over, then an instant boot from the tourney is warranted.

Also thanks Tad for clarifying that, because that would really suck otherwise haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)