Data Data Audit Thread (Contains all System Data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that Focus Blast costs 6 energy while other moves with 12 BP (Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard) cost 8 energy. To put it bluntly, what gives?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've noticed that Focus Blast costs 6 energy while other moves with 12 BP (Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard) cost 8 energy. To put it bluntly, what gives?
That;s an error, it should be 8. It has been edited and fixed.

I thought it was intentional due to FB's bad accuracy with no way of improving it (Rain for Thunder, Hail for Blizzard, Fire Blast isn't so bad...)

Breezi's BW TMs has U-turn listed as TM 90, when it is actually TM 89. This also means that Substitute is missing from it BW TM movepool, which I believe is a mistake.

Floraedit: Fixed this, thanks!

I'm a little confused... in the middle of a battle I could evolve a gastly into haunter into gengar? Also where is the max number of points for moves/held items/pokemon/ ect.?
One more thing, do I have to catch pokemon to enter them?

I'm a little confused... in the middle of a battle I could evolve a gastly into haunter into gengar? Also where is the max number of points for moves/held items/pokemon/ ect.?
One more thing, do I have to catch pokemon to enter them?
...There is no maximum for Move Counters or Trainer Counters; the only maximum for Move Counters is when you get EVERYTHING your mon can use. You can keep them as long as you want.

You can't evolve a mon after the round you first send it out, due to some players abusing this to gain unfair advantages. You can evolve a Pokemon with requisite evolution counters (i.e. a Gastly that gains its fourth evolution counter with that battle, a Haunter that gains its ninth evolution counter with that battle) when it is first sent out, however, for 20 energy. I have no idea if a double evolution when you first send out a mon is possible.

You don't need to catch new Pokemon. You buy them in the prize claiming thread using Trainer Counters you get from battles, where an approver checks them over to see if you did them right.

Tort, I think a pokemon has to be in a battle in a particular evolution stage before it can go to the next stage. So Gastly needs to enter battle as Gastly to evolve into Haunter, and Haunter has to enter a battle as Haunter to become Gengar.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Found between Ability Lists L and N:
Abiility List M
In the Energy section:
Energy is a Pokemon species' base makeup. Every Pokemon has the same capacity to expend energy, though thier attacks may take up more energy or less depending on how strenuous it is on the Pokemon's body.
"their" -> "thier"

There a whole ton of other typos, but I can't find them anymore x_x

Floraedit: Fixed what's noted + like 2 more typoes, but too lazy to find them all.

Dual Chop is not in the correct place in the D attacks. I think it should be just above DynamicPunch

Floraedit: Fixed, thanks!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I know this isn't mentioned in the Data Thread, but Gust (according to Serebii) is able to hit even Pokemon who are in the middle of Fly. I think that this second effect should be included in the description.

I got a Machop recently and I was looking at its one of its abilities, No Guard. It said that attacks coming at it and attacks it used were perfectly accurate (bar OHKO moves). I double checked on Serebii, and it in-game, all Pokemon on the field have perfect accuracy, not just the Pokemon with No Guard and the Pokemon attacking it. I am wondering about this because I was just thinking about possible strategies for double battles.

Half of the places I look say that No Guard affect all Pokemon on the field and the other half say it is just moves by and against the Pokemon with the ability. I suppose it makes more sense that it's the latter, but I was really hoping it would affect all Pokemon on the field.

I'd say Veekun and Bulbapedia are the top two sources for info regarding how moves work in game.

EDIT: How come Hi Jump Kick's recoil for a miss is 1/6 the damage it would've dealt? That's really, really, really low, and for regular Jump Kick the recoil is 1/2.

EDIT: In-game, it's 1/2 for both Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick too, so I'm assuming that the 1/6 in Hi Jump Kick's description is wrong.

Why is the energy cost for Leech Life, Absorb/Mega/Giga Drain, and Drain Punch so high? Is the absorbing effect that big a deal or something? With 6 base power, Leech Life isn't going to be restoring much HP...

On the first post, I don't know if this is wrong or not, but on the Kitsunoh hidden data stuff, Nohface's two abilities are the same. Sorry if this is actually right, I just wasn't sure lol

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why is the energy cost for Leech Life, Absorb/Mega/Giga Drain, and Drain Punch so high? Is the absorbing effect that big a deal or something? With 6 base power, Leech Life isn't going to be restoring much HP...
It's because the amount you heal is often more than half of the base power of the move itself, which makes the draining moves so excellent; the raise in energy is just to make it so that they're not quite so overpowering.
On the first post, I don't know if this is wrong or not, but on the Kitsunoh hidden data stuff, Nohface's two abilities are the same. Sorry if this is actually right, I just wasn't sure lol
I think that there are two Levitates listed because a Pokemon's evolution can't have a DW ability is the Pokemon doesn't. This might not be true, but I think it is.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Swift Swim:

Type: Innate

The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast is in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.
I'm surprised nobody noticed this small typo...

Floraedit: Fixed, thanks!

(I haven't GPed the ability section so that's why it's all messy!)

Acklowedit: lol

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About Double Team...

Double Team: The Pokemon rapidly moves back and forth between several locations, creating several clones. The clones make it harder for the opponent to figure out which Pokemon is the real Pokemon, increasing the user's Evasion by one stage. Double Team dissipates once the real Pokemon is hit with an attack. The Pokemon may create up to four clones; however, this will take extra energy.

Lately I've been making the evasion based on the amount of existing clones. For a single-hit attack against 4 clones + the real user, since there are 5 targets that can be attacked, I'd make it a 200/1000 chance to hit. However, Double Team says in its description that it just increases the evasion by one, but what does that mean for more clones? That seems more logical when following the in-game rules, but I'm not sure if that's what should happen.

(AoE attacks like Surf and Earthquake would immediately erase all clones though since they hit everything.)

Why do Gyro Ball and Electro Ball have vastly different formulas? At the moment Gyro Ball is hitting MUCH less hard than it does in-game against the same Pokemon. Can this get fixed somehow?

aka Brave Ferrothorn hits neutral 0 spe Abomasnow for 120 base power Gyro in game, but here its only hitting it for 9 base power!

EDIT: I also believe Electro Ball's >/< signs are backwards - was this meant to by Gyro Ball's description? It looks like it.

From Bulbapedia about the move Refresh:
The user cures itself of a Burn, Poison, or Paralysis. The only reasons that Freeze and Sleep cannot be cured is that the user is, for the most part, immobile with these two statuses anyway.
This implies that a semi-frozen or drowzy user can use Refresh to cure itself of that status. Thoughts?

Concerning Yawn and Reflect, I've seen that, most of the time, it's processed by the user's actions, not the ending of each action. It's a divergence from both ingame mechanics and ASB mechanics conerning residual damage, and I think an official ruling is in order.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About Double Team...

Double Team: The Pokemon rapidly moves back and forth between several locations, creating several clones. The clones make it harder for the opponent to figure out which Pokemon is the real Pokemon, increasing the user's Evasion by one stage. Double Team dissipates once the real Pokemon is hit with an attack. The Pokemon may create up to four clones; however, this will take extra energy.

Lately I've been making the evasion based on the amount of existing clones. For a single-hit attack against 4 clones + the real user, since there are 5 targets that can be attacked, I'd make it a 200/1000 chance to hit. However, Double Team says in its description that it just increases the evasion by one, but what does that mean for more clones? That seems more logical when following the in-game rules, but I'm not sure if that's what should happen.

(AoE attacks like Surf and Earthquake would immediately erase all clones though since they hit everything.)
This is how Double Team is supposed to work. It's one of those n00b-stomping kind of moves that gets easier to address with experience. I don't intend on ever purchasing it for any of my mons because it is ridiculously easy to circumvent, and I haven't even made a ruling on whether Rain Dance and damaging weathers should remove them.

Why do Gyro Ball and Electro Ball have vastly different formulas? At the moment Gyro Ball is hitting MUCH less hard than it does in-game against the same Pokemon. Can this get fixed somehow?

aka Brave Ferrothorn hits neutral 0 spe Abomasnow for 120 base power Gyro in game, but here its only hitting it for 9 base power!

EDIT: I also believe Electro Ball's >/< signs are backwards - was this meant to by Gyro Ball's description? It looks like it.
Gyro Ball is tracked to be closer to Iron Tail than Focus Punch, thus why its Energy Cost is fixed at 7. There really is no reason for Ferrothorn to have a drawback-free 15 BAP STAB attack against anything with basically normal speed levels. As it stands it hits anything with 70 Spe with 10 BAP, and anything with 130 with 15. For the fairly common 85 Spe +Speed mons (98 Spe), a -Speed Ferrothorn (17 Spe) has 13 BAP.

Electro Ball's signs are correct. Say the user is +Spe Electrode and the targets are Swellow (125), Honchkrow(71), and Slowbro (30). +Spe Trode has 161 Spe. >50% is 80, >33% is 53, and >25% is 40.

Swellow has >50% of Trode's Speed (125) Honchkrow has >33% of Trode's Speed, and Slowbro has <25% of Trode's Speed. So the respective Base Attack Powers are 6, 8, and 15.

Those values are ripped pretty much from the in-game formula, and natures have basically been tracked to adjust for base values. Remember that every Electric mon has Thunder Wave at least, if not Agility, so it's actually fairly easy to get a high BAP.

From Bulbapedia about the move Refresh:

This implies that a semi-frozen or drowzy user can use Refresh to cure itself of that status. Thoughts?
My basis for not including them is the fact it is possible to use Sleep Talk with Refresh in-game, and Sleep Talk Refresh does not cure Sleep.

Terrador14 said:
Concerning Yawn and Reflect, I've seen that, most of the time, it's processed by the user's actions, not the ending of each action. It's a divergence from both ingame mechanics and ASB mechanics conerning residual damage, and I think an official ruling is in order.
Yawn is an end-of action effect that ticks down from 3. As currently stated it operates as an end-of action effect, so a Pokemon that is afflicted by Yawn the first action will fall asleep at the end of the third. It should be edited to clarity though.

Reflect is an active effect that charts with the users actions, so a faster Reflect is more effective than a slower one because it reduces damage that action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)