Data Data Audit Thread MkII [fairies Fairies FAIRIES! See Post 272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, one minor issue I'm not sure of. The Data Audit Thread and the Referee Resource Thread have differing mechanics for how stats decay.

Stat boosters/drops will work exactly as they do in-game, boosting as many stages as is stated in the attack. At the end of a Round (after the damage is calculated and applied to the opponent), whatever boost/drop a Pokemon has will be moved towards a zero stage boost, and any boosts/drops they would get from their 3rd action are moved forward to apply to the next Round:

+1 Stat Boosters/Drops from non-damaging moves (Meditate, Leer) last for the Round in which the move was used, as well as the following Round, before decaying back to zero.

+2 and +3 Stat Boosters/Drops (Swords Dance, Tail Glow) have different rates of decay depending on which Action they were used:
  • Action 1: Moves one stage toward zero at the end of the current Round and continues this way until the stage boost reaches zero.
  • Action 2/3: Moves one stage toward zero at the end of the following Round and continues this way until the stage boost reaches zero.
+1/+1 and +1 Boosters/Drops with Damage (Bulk Up, Dragon Dance, Charge Beam, Close Combat, Low Sweep) have different rates of decay depending on which Action they were used:
  • Action 1/2: Resets to zero at the end of the following Round.
  • Action 3: Resets to zero at the end of the following two Rounds.
For Speed stat boost, each stage boost multiplies or divides the Pokemon's Speed by a factor of 1.75, calculated using the Pokemon's base Speed stat. For instance, a 70 Speed Pokemon using Agility will wind up with 70*(1.75*2)=245 Speed, while a 70 Speed Pokemon slowed by Mud Shot will have 70/1.75=40 Speed.

• Boosts only ever reset +1 or -1 toward 0 at the end of a round.
  • +1 Stat Boosts/Drops received from non-damaging moves (Meditate, Leer, etc.) have that stat maintained at the end of the round in which they were used. To continue to lock the stat for future rounds, the moves must be used again in those rounds, otherwise they will begin to decrement as normal. Otherwise, these are treated the same as the +1/+1 Stat Boosts/Drops as noted below. Moves treated this way have the phrase "This move locks its changed stat for the round within which it was used." in their Data Audit thread description.
  • +2 and +3 Stat Boosts/Drops (Swords Dance, Tail Glow, etc.) and +2 or +3 Boosting/Dropping components of other moves (Shift Gear's Speed boost, etc.) changed from 0 last for at least 2 actions after the usage action before being prone to resetting toward 0.
  • +1/+1 Stat Boosts/Drops (Calm Mind, Quiver Dance, Bulk Up, etc.) and +1 Stat Boosts/Drops with Damage (Charge, Close Combat, Low Sweep, etc.) changed from 0 last for at least 4 actions after the usage action before being prone to resetting toward 0.
  • The action counts above do not include the action taken to activate the boosting or dropping move itself.

So...which set of rules is more up to date?

Both descriptions are technically right in the general case, but the DAT description is more accurate. In particular, the Ref Thread description becomes inaccurate when referring to triples matches or any match where Pokemon only get two actions a round. So you should probably go with the DAT description.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Mist Ball: is typoed as Mist Bal:l

also Moonlight restores 15/25/35 instead of the standard 10/20/30

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Well then i suggest that synthesis be changed to match morning sun and moonlight, since they do the exact same thing in-game

Actually, Pwnemon, in ASB, Morning Sun has its healing halved in night-time arenas and Moonlight has its healing halved in daytime arenas, whereas Synthesis' healing is not affected by day and night. That's why Morning Sun and Moonlight heal more.

Horn Leech: The Pokemon surrounds its antlers with a dark red energy and jabs them into the opponent violently, sapping them on contact. Half of the damage inflicted is healed.

Attack Power: 8 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 8 | Attack Type: Physical | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: Yes | Typing: Grass | Priority: 0 | CT: Set

Why does this cost 4 less energy than the other 8 BAP draining moves?
I have just noticed that Shadow Force, the most powerful of the damaging evasive moves (12 BAP, +1 prio evasive action, hits through Protect and Detect) costs 10 energy, whereas all other damaging evasive moves (except for Bounce from a sufficiently heavy pokemon *cough*Wailord*cough* and Sky Drop) have an energy cost greater than their BAP.
OK, I've fixed pretty much everything posted except the above two, because I didn't know what to change them to (or if they were intended to be that way).

So I noticed a lot of references to what I assume to be the older names of counters. "Trainer Counters" are especially mentioned a lot

In response to Alex mentioning Horn Leech having a lower EN cost, this may have something to do with it being a much more exclusive move?

In response to Alex mentioning Horn Leech having a lower EN cost, this may have something to do with it being a much more exclusive move?
I doubt it. From what I have seen, the distribution of a move does not affect that move's attributes in any way, shape or form (except for that one time Chatter got 100% confusion rate). And if you need to know why move distribution is irrelevant, two words: Unown Soup.

In the section where the stats of all Pokemon are listed, Sandslash's HP stat is mistakenly listed as "HP 100:" instead of "HP: 100"

EDIT (Elevator Music): Fixed

Stockpile's description seems just a bit wrong. It states that it can only be used 3 times, when I feel like it should say that its effect can only be stacked up to 3 times.

ObjEDIT: Fixed.

Pay Day, the attack, as listed, is out of date. This relevation comes from the responses in the question and answer thread.

*SNIP*​

Also
NOTE to Eternal Drifter:
I know it doesn't say so in the DAT but there is a rule (I have been influenced by it) that states you only get the CC bonus if you win the battle.​

Is this true? If it is, then my plan for cash is heading towards the drain...

Data Audit Thread MkII said:
Pay Day: The Pokemon summons energy packets and throws them at the opponent. The energy turn into coins after impact. Each use of Pay Day nets the trainer 1 TC. If the Pokemon has Amulet Coin attached, it gains two TC each use. A maximum of 3 TC can be gained this way in any given battle.

Attack Power: 4 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 2 | Attack Type: Physical | Effect Chance: -- | Contact: No | Typing: Normal | Priority: 0 | CT: Passive
First, the move references TC, which, from what I gather, no longer exists. TC was converted to CC before my arrival here, and so Pay Day should also reflect this change.

Second, it has been shockingly brought to my attention that you only get the CC from Pay Day if you win the battle. This throws a large wench in my plans, and should be put into the description to prevent others from making a mistake like I have.

EDIT (Elevator Music): Fixed

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
DeepSeaTooth & DeepSeaScale are misspelt as DeapSeaTooth & DeapSeaScale respectively. /random pc++ post

EDIT (Elevator Music): fixed

Poison Jab's description is missing a sentence:

Current: The Pokemon extends a fist, horn, or other appendage coated in poison and strikes the opponent hard.

Should be: The Pokemon extends a fist, horn, or other appendage coated in poison and strikes the opponent hard. It also has a good chance to poison the target.

Or something along those lines.

ObjEDIT: Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)