1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Daylight [peaked #2]

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Nova, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Nova

Nova Palisades
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Daylight

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Intro
    This is a team I made during the Deoxys-D Suspect Team, that was intended to be competitive but also laughes to play with. With the fact that Deoxys-D was banned from the OU Suspect Ladder, entry hazards would be more sparce and harder to set up without the premiere OU entry hazard setter. I wouldn't have to worry about playing lame games with ridic Stealth Rock and triples Spikes up my ass as opponents just go to autopilot mode. What can you say, this is p yawns unless ur being ShakeItUp and reppin' McDonald's with Dragon Dance Latios. Also shoutout early for smurf. cause its smurfers. Rapid Spinning would also be a bit easier due to the fact that most teams weren't going to be running builds like the Deo-D HO teams that set up as many hazards as possible and keep them up using a Ghost type or constant offensive pressure that made spinning impossible. Taking these factors into account, I made a team that was centered around the item Focus Sash. Also this seems like just a poor gimmick and it's true, I used it for part of my run on the ladder, peaking at #2 and helping me get voting reqs for this round while also having a bit of fun. Had some good battles with some great battlers with this team. Using Focus Sash Tyranitar to live a Terrakion's Close Combat and then take it out in return with Superpower is just straight feesl. I would like to take some time now to shoutout Taylor and Spavos Lawn as their Focus Sash based teams really inspired me to build this one. Another shoutout early for smurf. cause its smurfers. This team went through many different versions and I'm presenting the one that is the most successful in my opinion.

The basic premise of this team is to put offensive pressure on the opponent and then take out things that would normally check the Pokemon I am using due to Focus Sash. For example, Latios would easily take out Non Scarfed Garchomp with Draco Meteor but with Focus Sash, Chomp can now say Denko take the attack and OHKO back with Outrage. This team is extremely effective against Offensive teams that can't sweep me as easily and usually can't take a hit back. Stall teams can be a bit hard to break without power boosting items in Life Orb or Choiced items but I run boosting moves on 3 of my Pokemon to try to alleviate this.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail​

Garchomp is my lead in the majority of games, due to the favorable matchups he has against many different Pokemon and the various sets he can run that can force my opponent to switch around early in a game in order to scout my set. If my opponent sees that I'm not using Life Orb or Rocky Helmet, they'll usually suspect that I'm Choiced which can allow me to net a surprise KO or a free Swords Dance. Garchomp also works great against Dragon Spam teams that lead Kyurem-B or Latios looking to get an early kill as I can live a hit and kill back with Outrage. Outrage and Earthquake are standard on the set while I chose Swords Dance to help deal more damage especially against slower teams and Stall teams. This is great against teams that lead with Hippowdon and just set up Stealth Rock as I Swords Dance. I can then Outrage for about 80%~ as they Whirlwind which weakens Hippowdon down to a degree where he cannot wall my physical attackers anymore. I chose to use Aqua Tail as my last move to hit Landorus-T hard without having to lock myself into Outrage. The EVs on the set are just standard, I didn't want to run any bulk as with Focus Sash, I can live at least 1 attack anyways.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower​

Mamoswine is one of the anti-meta Pokemon in OU. He can check the large number of Dragon types as well as other Ice-weak threats in the tier such as Landorus and Thundurus-T due to his powerful STAB priority Ice Shard. It's also a great option against Chlorophyll Venusaur that can give my team some trouble. Icicle Crash is Mamoswine’s strongest Ice-type move and it has a 30% flinch chance which is helpful occasionally beat Skarmory with some lucky flinches. Ground is a great secondary typing as his Earthquake is huge and maims things such as Tyranitar, Toxicroak, Tentacruel, and Terrakion. This set is just massive against Scizor now cause you don't have to worry about crazy U-turn/Bullet Punch shenanigans so much, just straight rip an Earthquake. Superpower in the last slow is mainly just to do damage against Rotom-W as most Rotom-W’s are Specially Defensive and Mamoswine can outspeed them and do a nice 50%~ to them. Adamant is just to maximize some damage, Jolly isn't that big of a deal now that Mamo is donning the Sash.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower​

Yeah everyone saw this guy before. Gets up Sand, maybe gets Rocks, and then dies to Terrakion Close Combat or Scizor Bullet Punch. With this set it's cool cause you can now live a hit so you can get up Rocks almost guaranteed or straight rip apart Terrakion or deal some juicy damage vs Scizor. Sometimes I feel cruel for making someone cry after they say GG with their Terrakion and Close Combat just to see me live with the Focus Sash and then KO back with Superpower. But usually they get v mad so I'm .dancin. Crunch and Stone Edge are just normal STABs and are extremely powerful with Max Attack EVs and Tyrannasaurus being Adamant. I don't really care for Pursuit trapping Latios and Latias cause usually they are just good opportunities to set up a Swords Dance with Scizor on. I chose to put Stealth Rock on Tyranitar cause almost every team needs a guy to set them up with all the big goons like Dragonite and Volcarona and Thundurus-T running around. I have thought about putting them on Garchomp over Aqua Tail but I'm not sure about this yet, what's ur guys opinions and comments? Tyranitar helps a lot with Rain teams to cancel out their weather so they can't just close their eyes and click Hurricane or Hydro Pump. Might seem strange to be running Sand with a Sash team but if you look closely you might be surprised but all my guys dgaf about Sand. Except Starmie but he's Leftovers so he dgaf too much either. Also I saw this sprite the other day, not sure if it's Tyranitar's Gen 6 evo or what, guess we'll just have to wait and see. (Also the shiny sprite here for those dudes who are into that)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Scizor @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Technician
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower​

Swords Dance Scizor is pretty massive in this metagame where it's mostly just Choice Band Scizors U-turning around. Also there's that hipster SD set with Iron Plate but it can't touch Heatran. Swords Dance Scizor is easily one of the best late game cleaners. After an SD, he can pick off weakened teams with the infamous Technician STAB Bullet Punch. Early game its cool to just throw out some Bullet Punches if need be and to bluff the Choice item if the opponent doesn't eye the damage calcs. With the max speed investment he can outspeed Specially Defensive Heatran and take it out easy with Superpower. If your not about dropping your own stats you can use Brick Break instead to shatter some Screens but it's much weaker. Scizor also helps very much against Defensive Celebi who got popular recently and can just eat the onion with Bug Bite. With the Sash intact, he can usually guarantee himself 1 Swords Dance boost which is all he needs really. You don't even have to risk the Sash if you bring Scizor in against things like Blissey and Tyranitar cause most people aren't going to risk staying in. The 2nd user of priority is cool on this team if I'm in trouble and my Sashes are getting broken. The spread is just pretty self-explanatory, just Max Attack and Max Speed. You can move some Speed into HP for some bulk but then you lose the speed ties and stuff and the extra bulk isn't that important.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake​

Probably the most threatening physical sweeper in the OU metagame. After a Swords Dance, he's ripping things apart with Close Combat and Stone Edge. Even physical walls such as Hippowdon and Skarmory run back home when this bad guy enters the playground cause they'll just be popped if Terrakion gets an SD. With the Sash you don't have to play the Scizor Bullet Punch/U-turn mindgames, just stay in and fire off that Close Combat. Everyone knows the tight coverage Stone Edge provides with Close Combat, pounding the things that resists Fighting such as Flyings and Psychics. This guy just places a huge offensive burden on the opponent that can break holes with the help of Chomper so Scizor can easily sweep. Earthquake in the last slot is just for Tentacruel and Toxicroak but I don't use it that much. Maybe I'll try Hidden Power Ice or something so I can be Kreeper. Leading with Terrak is also nice in some battles as you can fake the lead set with Taunt and your opponent might not try to set up Rocks early.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Psyshock
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin​

Last guy on the team but probably the most important. Without Rapid Spin support, my team and Focus Sash in general are screwed over if entry hazards are up. Luckily Deoxys-D is not allowed on the Suspect ladder so hazards aren't quite as common but it can still be annoying. Starmie is the best spinner in my eyes due to the fact he can spin and also pose an offensive presence. Lefties is the item of choice purely for longevity as I run 4 attacks and there is no room for recover, however sometimes I do like to go with LO for that extra kick. Lefties also cancels out Sandstorm damage and LO recoil+sand damage is just too much back pain somtimes. I chose Hydro Pump/Psyshock/Ice Beam as the attacks on the set for a strong STAB, a move to take out the most common spinblocker Gengar, and a move that helps with Dragon types. Without Starmie, my team would be p lame cause it'd be like playing without any items if my opponent got Rocks or Spikes up.

Closing Comments
    Thanks for taking the time to read my RMT. Don't get too caught up with winning or losing, just play and remember to have fun. If you're not having fun, just relax a little and try something new.

Shoutouts
    Smurf. - cause its smurfers
    badabing - coolest guy I know, taught me loads, can't wait to crash at your crib this summer
    Heist - answering my "how should I run my x" questions, good battles on the ladder, you're still the man
    Delko - best tutor ever
    dekzeh - nice beard
    ala - cool guy
    undisputed - for believing in me
    ginganinja - cause he's always got some nice girls in his sig/avvy and he's orange
    Sogeking - friend
    joshe - not my friend
    raichy - taught me english, thanks big bro
    jas0n - hot cousin, when those nudes coming through?
    Pedrock - Basculin master
    Texas Cloverleaf - RU MASTER
    Colchonero - goooooo colchy ^_^
    younii - crazy guy e.e
    toshimelonhead - cool dude likes melonade
    Trop - using my team to get reqs, hope your job at Taco Bell goes peaches, u are a faget
    EBeast - using my team to get reqs, cutest girl I know, /me pet
    Molk - goon
    Feranfell - not a faget
    rory - reloaded
    TNT, Jimbon, Jirachi, harsha, BKC, Sayonara, tab, Asek, Shake, Doomer, Superpowerdude - TR RULE
    CherubAgent - cool German guy and great teambuilder
    Frizy - its frozy time
    Hugendugen - cool wet Aussie, hope ur neck heals bro
    alkers, jonathanrp - cool IRC guys, jrp DOES shower, BIG shout out to alk for intro'ing me to Google Search by Image
    McMeghan, Chiliee, H-C, Darkloic, Vinc2612, Zdrup15 - Beneluxxxx
    TheImmortal - maker of TIBot

Importable:
    Show Hide
    Garchomp @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Rough Skin
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Scizor @ Focus Sash
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Starmie @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Psyshock
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
  2. Smurf.

Smurf.
    is a Past SPL Winner

I suppose i better put a rate in here or risk being infracted since raichy's probably dobbed me in to the authorities so some things to look at may be to put SR > Aqua tail on chomp (to free up a slot on Ttar for whatever), just to make life easier against both dragonite and volcarona. Also make terrakion Kreeper so you can take out gliscor and lando!
  3. Myzozoa

Myzozoa Throw-up on the internet, or get off on TV
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

This is a cool team, but it has huge weaknesses to Ferrothorn and Garchomp simply because all your Sashes are on physical attackers who will die to rough skin/iron barbs. Sash Scizor is probably the worst of them in this regard, I would just give it leftovers or life orb, not many relevant moves are OHKOing scizor. I think Sash Lucario would be cool instead of Sash Scizor (and Lucario has inner focus to protect your from being destroyed by scarf rachi).

Consider Rock Polish over earthquake on Terrakion. Watch out for scald burn too, it can luck your entire team into oblivion. If you don't care about pursuit, you might as well have ice beam on tyranitar to kill all formes of Landorus, you can figure out a mixed ev spread on your own. I think Stealth Rocks on Mamoswine is the better choice anyway, so consider making Tyranitar a mixed attacker with 4 attacks. Pursuit would be helpful against Latios, which is not a fun pokemon for your team to play against as it outspeeds a lot of it and depending on the moveset could OHKO your entire team (except ttar and disregarding focus sashes).
  4. Alexander.

Alexander.

Hey Novaray cool team!

First of all, I'd consider Focus Sash Lucario replacing Scizor too because it has Inner Focus to protect you from Choice Scarf Jirachi, which can be a problem for this team since it can revenge-kill all your sweepers with its coverage moves. An EVs spread standard of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, with a moveset of Sword Dance, Close Combat, ExtremeSpeed and Bullet Punch, with Adamant nature and with Focus Sash should work fine on your team.

Another thing that I'd consider is Reflect Type replacing Ice Beam on Starmie. Starmie is a very important member of your team since it Rapid Spins the Stealth Rock and the entry hazards in general which could broken the Focus Sashes of your team members, so Reflect Type should help you to avoid Tyranitar and Scizor's Pursuit, which can kill your Starmie. As I already said, Starmie is a really important member of your team, probably it's the most important member of your team so I think that you should avoid that Starmie dies, therefore Reflect Type is a nice move to do that since Tyranitar and Scizor's Pursuit is very problematic for Starmie. Otherwise Ice Beam doesn't seem an useful move at all, because you can already beat easily Dragon-types with Mamoswine and Grass-types aren't very common in the current BW OU metagame and they aren't a problem for this team anyway.

After that, you can try Rock Polish replacing Earthquake on Terrakion because it allows Terrakion to smash offensive team more easily; after a Rock Polish infact, Terrakion can outspeed all the relavant threats and hit them with Close Combat and Stone Edge, which form a very very good offensive coverage. Otherwise Earthquake is too situational, as you already said, and it's helpful only against Tentacruel and Toxicroak, which aren't a threats for this team anyway so Rock Polish is simple a better move on the Terrakion who you are using and it's useful in more chances than Earthquake.

As last thing, you can use Fire Fang replacing Aqua Tail which can help you against Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Forretress which can be troublesome if they begin to put some entry hazards on your side and if they are paired with a Rapid Spin-blocker such as Jellicent; especially Ferrothorn can give you some problem which its Iron Bards that breaks your Focus Sashes, so you can try Fire Fang and see how it works on your team.

Other than that, very cool team and congratulations on your peak! Good luck and Ludvisc'd.
  5. giggity69

giggity69

You should consider replacing your 5 focus sashes for items that are not rendered useless by stealth rock + any spin blocker. If you play your sweepers right, you really shouldn't need to rely on sashes as a crutch, anyway. You also need an answer to jellicent, as wisp versions wall your whole team (only having trouble with tar if he if faster and wisp misses), keep hazards down, and laugh at non lo starmie, which pretty much wrecks your sash game.
  6. ZoroDark

ZoroDark

Well, that would kind of ruin the purpose of the team wouldn't it. As for changes, I suggest that you run Rock Polish over Earthquake since the extra coverage it offers is negligible while Rock Polish allows you to stamp offensive teams. That's about it. This team is very unique and I can perfectly see it being a pain to play against. Just be careful about Jellicent, it seems like it could potentially be a source of pain. You could move SR to Mamoswine and run Lum on Ttar (and give it Ice Beam too), just to be safe about that. Idk, it's up to you
  7. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Real quick rate cause I still got lots of stuff I gotta get finished!

So this is that sash team you mentioned, cool! Just one thing I really think should be changed, Thunderbolt over Ice Beam on Starmie. You mention that the biggest weakness your team has is to hazards as any of them being down essentially removes all of your Pokemons items. With that in mind a team that can get SR down quick(or spikes for that matter) and then has Jellicent, looks annoying! Sure your Pokemon may not have a hard time breaking Jellicent with SD Stone Edges and Outrages but if it just manages to spinblock Starmie once it may have already done its job. Starmie, imo, needs to be able to break Jellicent and get that spin-off, it doesn't need Ice Beam. Your team already has Dragon-types covered between Scizor's and Mamoswine's priority.

Neat team dude!
  8. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn

this looks almost identical to the team i used in week 4 of spl. 5 sashed 'mons, and 3 of them are the same ones i used: sash ttar, sash scizor, sash terrakion, starmie. weird.

moving on, i don't have a ton of time so i gave the team a quick once-over and it seems to me like you're incredibly weak to jellicent plus any form of hazards. since essentially your entire team is based around keeping hazards off, if hazards do get on the field and stay on, you have a problem on your hands. add that to the fact that your team has literally no way to handle jellicent, and it's pretty clear that something needs to be changed. in my opinion, drop stone edge on tyranitar for pursuit, as this will allow you to at least play a 50/50 with jellicent instead of flat-out being unable to trap and kill the thing. then maybe you can remove it and spin those pesky hazards. also, using thunderbolt over ice beam on starmie would be a good idea too. thunderbolt allows you to hit jellicent a lot harder, potentially 2hkoing it after some residual damage and thus preventing it from switching in safely. ice beam isn't really necessary, as you already have a solid answer to most dragon-types in the form of mamoswine, as well as multiple sashed pokemon that would prevent a full sweep from occurring (again, assuming hazards aren't up on your side of the field, because if they are, you lose).

anyways that's all i have for you now, nice team
  9. Gimmick

Gimmick Electric potential

Hey Novaray!

This is the 1st time I've ever seen a team like this work so well--nice job! I'm with Lavos here, though. Physically defensive Jellicent pretty much sits there and spams Will-O-Wisp the whole battle, and there really isn't much you can do since none of your moves are boosted by CB, LO, etc. It also spinblocks Starmie perfectly, since you can only touch it with Psyshock which won't be doing much to an invested Jellicent. And when Starmie can't spin, 5 items are essentially wasted. Skarmory can be problematic since it can just keep phasing and Roosting as you set up. I suppose you could eventually muscle through it, but it would take a lot of effort.

To help with the Skarmory issue, I really think you should try out Fire Fang over Aqua Tail on Garchomp. Since your team consists of 5 very powerful physical attackers, walls like Gliscor, Landorus-T, and Hippowdon still take considerable and workable damage from +2 (or +1 in the case of Landorus-T) Outrages. Hitting Skarmory (and Bronzong!) super effectively is definitely more important than doing a bit more damage to the aforementioned walls.

Next up, Starmie really does want Thunderbolt (or Thunder if you want to 2HKO pretty much every variant) to better handle Jellicent. Since you have 5 Focus Sashes, Starmie's job is extremely heavy and should be able to spin reliably against the most used spinblockers--Gengar, Jellicent, Sableye, Chandelure, Golurk (in that order according to usage stats). Starmie also pressures Jellicent to switch in, and nailing it with a SE Thunderbolt will dramatically assist the rest of your team in breaking it. Here are some calcs between Thunder and Thunderbolt so you can decide which one you prefer:

252 SpAtk Starmie Thunderbolt vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jellicent: 41.09% - 48.51% (3 hits to KO with Sand)
    252 SpAtk Starmie Thunder vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Jellicent: 51.98% - 61.39% (2 hits to KO with Sand)

Like Lavos said, TTar wants Pursuit over Crunch. It traps weakened Jellicent to make sure it won't be able to spread any Burns throughout your team. It will also help your sweepers a bit as well, namely Terrakion and Garchomp. Lati@s can outspeed and OHKO both of them if they took even an iota of previous damage, so trapping those nuisances can be crucial. If you want to keep Crunch, consider dropping Icicle Crash on Mamoswine for Stealth Rock. Either that or Earthquake on Terrakion. It's a difficult choice, but if you're fine with just Pursuit on TTar, then go for it.

Lastly, if you find that you're still having trouble with Jellicent, Landorus-T, and Hippowdon, you should try out a Fight Gem SD Breloom over Scizor. I know it's taking away from the Focus Sash theme since it doesn't resist sand, but it still patches a ton of holes in your team. It gets past pretty much every Landorus-T who's EQ/Stone Edge/U-turn combination can't really touch you and hits fight resists extremely hard for Terrakion to clean up later. It OHKOs Jellicent with Bullet Seed, and if your opponent recognizes its threat value, they'll be forced out into sleep fodder so you can grab a free SD. The offensive grass typing is super beneficial for your team since it deals with pretty much every physical wall you mentioned. I'm sure you know what it looks like, but here's the set:
    Breloom (open)
    [​IMG] (F) @ Fighting Gem
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch

I like to speed tie with other 252 Breloom, especially since many have been using 216 Spe lately.

And that's all I got. Great team, Novaray! Nice work~
  10. Nova

Nova Palisades
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks for the rates guys!

Gonna replace Ice Beam on Starmie with Thunderbolt to help out with Jellicent and Skarmory. Also replacing Aqua Tail on Garchomp with Fire Fang. Still trying to figure out the best set for Tyranitar. Heist said a mixed set but I forgot what it was so I'll ask him for it again. If I do end up changing around the Tyranitar set, would probably be replacing something with Stealth Rock on Mamoswine. Might play around a bit with the Scizor spot and try out Lucario and Breloom.
  11. Myzozoa

Myzozoa Throw-up on the internet, or get off on TV

Breloom doesn't work with focus sash on a team with tyranitar.
  12. Nova

Nova Palisades

Yeah, I'm gonna test the Fighting Gem set. Breloom will help out a alot with my Jellicent weakness
  13. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.

I would go with the other raters and use Thunderbolt / Thunder over Ice Beam on Starmie. I would consider Rock Polish over Earthquake on Terrakion since, with Focus Sash, its a great means of getting that additional boost. Earthquake is hitting what exactly anyway that Garchomp and Mamoswine aren't? Any particular reason for Iceicle Crash over Icicle Spear by the way? Seems like it would helpe vs. Dragonite, LandyT, and SubGliscor more.

Pretty solid team so no more comments here. GL! (Deleting other Post so yeah).
    gl
  14. Neliel

Neliel Sacred Sword

Hey novaray!

I like your team and i must say that i faced it once and i lost to it because all those sash were very annoying lol..By the way, i just want to give you some little suggestions without replacing any member, because this team is already solid in term of sinergy.
    First, i think your terrakion would immensely love to have rock polish, in this metagame you dont even need atk boosts to win, but just outspeed everything. Consider it, i dont think earthquake add anything important to your coverage bar Toxicroak, which is already handled by garchomp and mamoswine anyway.

Now i would put fire blast on your tyranitar somewhere, probably instead of stealth rock. If you can baitkill steel types, your whole team will appreciate it, without any scizor/skarmory whatever else trying to stop some of your sweepers. I think you can move 60 evs into sp. atk on tyranitar to power up a bit your sp. atk, i dont have the calc here and i dont remember why i chose that number but it always worked for me. Now that i replaced stealth rock with fire blast, you should probably move them to mamoswine, in my experience superpower never did anything bar catching ferrothorn and rotom-w (and without life orb, it wont even work tbh) so i think a good replacement for stealth rock would be that. Gl, great team
  15. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

lol I can't believe you actually made the focus sash team idea. Nice job on the peak bro, and thanks for the shoutout!

Seconding the Breloom suggestion as Rotom-W kinda wrecks you, it outpaces Tar and occasionally Scizor and burn everything (I don't think Outrage/Close Combat OHKO) and obviously Volt on Starmie, so that'll help you out there. Nice team dude, you get a luvdisc! :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)