Deagle's Nat's War-story

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
OK so basically I thought it would be funny to have a short-as-possible war-story, but there was so much important information to share. Ok so first I go to Indy with my brother, Metabou, all the way from California. He goes to the LCQ the next day after we finally find the place where everyone is waiting in line.

After awhile from talking and meeting people we knew from pokemon battling simulators and the IRC, this adult gets kind of grumpy about us waiting in line where our friends were. He tells us "I have been waiting in this line for about and hour now, you kids need to go back in line, the line is over there." So I am thinking "What difference does it make?" but I reluctantly go to the back of the line with my brother.

Then, ryuzaki and her bf comes with us to wait in line after they were talking to undecided and TheRealElmo with us. Later we see a guy who identifies himself as SixOneSix and we think, "Oh cool, another person we met that we know from the IRC." About 15 minutes later a kid in a blue shirt coming from the Smogon swarm approaches me and just looks at me.

So I ask "Who are you?" And then he says something like "You really don't know who I am" and I say no. And then he informs me he is TTS, when I previously thought he was asian from a picture posted in the IRC. I guess that was TDS or someone, but I think he went to Newark too, well anyways the line eventually starts moving a little before 8:30 a.m.; the starting time for the LCQ.

Now I see this kid in a yellow backpack holding a heracross. My memory tells me it is BlackCharizard from PO who I asked to bring a heracross plush doll for me since he said he had 4 and wouldn't mind letting me keep one for free. I later never see the guy again and never get the heracross, oh wells; I shoulda talked to him when I had the chance, but I was too focused on watching the tournament.

So later I watch all of the people battling in the LCQ, and eventually got to see my brother's team do quite well. He made it to nationals from being in the top16 and they didn't compete past there. So the next day he shows up for nationals swiss and gets to play a lot of good people.

You can ask him who he played because I asked him and he doesn't really remember much, Wesley, the guy who won nationals, he played earlier and beat because apparently Wesley's team is weak to a priority faster than rayquaza, and Wesley was fortunate all the Ape/Palkia teams either battled each other and knocked each other out, or lost.

Well out of the 65 people who showed up to play nationals, 1 got a bye, and that was ryuzaki. I should have gotten a bye too since my opponent showed up a few minutes late even after the 20 minute timer started, but I won anyways. His name was Christopher Warden.

The 2nd match I played Judd Price, apparently the godfather of smogon or something. I thought it was cool though he competed and he was a lot older than most other competitors. I ended up losing to him after some bad hax but it was alright, I redeemed myself the next day.

My third match, I battled Jesus Ninahaza and felt bad after getting a lot of hax against him, I might have won if I played right but regardless I did not play right and he should have won that match but unfortunately for him, he did not.

My 4th match, well I don't know if I am even in order anymore; but I battled Maria Gutin, and not much to say since I don't want to reveal her team, but I won that match, and it was a fair game.

My 5th match I battled Skarm (Mike P. from Canada) and he was pretty tough to beat. I had to use some prediction and it ended up working in my favor. I didn't know how a move he used worked exactly so that really screwed me up but I ended up sweeping his last two pokemon in the end.

Then I battle Huy Ha, and I mean my team had a chance at taking his on but I just missed an attack and he got a flinch later on, which of course those by themselves weren't terrible hax like just hax-wise but the fact that it missed and I got flinched on the only guy that attacked, when his pokemon both times would have got really hit hard, kind of sucked. I ended up haxing him back the first match though of nationals the next day.

I don't even remember who I forgot to mention who I battled in one of the 7 battles, but obviously it was somebody, I don't think it was a girl because I already battled one. Anyways that was a vague summary of my battles in swiss. After that I got top11 was able to compete in nationals the next day, along with 15 other people, mostly skarmbliss members a few randoms. My brother got top7 because he had the same W/L record, yet battled people who had higher W/L records

So the next day I battle Judd Price off the bat since it told us who we would battle the day before. It had the whole bracket thing good to go from the start. And my battle with Judd, the first one, scared me at first since he switched up his pokemon but I ended up taking out all his pokemon except the wall and saving my counter for his wall, for the very end.

My 2nd battle out of 3, because best 2 out of 3 decides winners with 15 minutes per game now instead of 20, I just decided to use the same exact team I used against him last time. My reasoning was "It won the first time, it is a reliable win, and would work even better especially when I know he is gonna switch his team around". And that hunch ended up being right. I beat him by one more pokemon than the last time, but there wasn't much he could do since my team kind of countered his.

Ok so now I am in top8 and after the Ha brothers battle each other, Huy eventually wins. So I battle him, he gets a big advantage throughout most of the game since both of my pokemon attacking giratina still didn't kill it, and eventually late-game I get a freeze and end up winning because of it.

The 2nd match vs Huy he changed up his pokemon and I was afraid he would do what I thought he would do, but luckily he didn't, and his other pokemon ended up dying because of it. And throughout the match all my attacks keep barely not killing him so he hangs in a lot longer with his pokes. Then eventually weather wares down his pokemon so much that eventually I realize it is at less than 1 16th health so it will finish it off if I protect. So that ended up happening and after beating Huy twice in a row I move on to the Semi-finals.

I am now battling Alaka, aka firepig sometimes. He ends up getting his lead countered by my lead so I win the first match. Then 2nd match I think he brings in a new pokemon and catches me by surprise and gets a win like that or something, oh wait I know what it is, the attack I use that I thought would kill barely doesn't and that ends up screwing me in the end.

Anyways it is 1 vs 1 now and I am battling in the 3rd battle. The first two turns go by and I get a huge advantage after killing one of his pokemon and leaving his other with focus sash. Then as if by an act of God, as TTS mentioned later, the power on the left side of all the DS's just go out like for no reason. It affected Wesley's and Briana's battle too.

Now Marriland tells us we have to use DS's from the other side and we cannot continue where the battle left off. So I try a different strategy and check some pokemon and noticed the items got all screwed up from that but forget to check two others after Alaka is pushing me to take less time when picking my stuff.

That ends up screwing up my whole match. I had the wrong item on two pokemon when I could have finished off his last pokemon if I had a little more power with my last pokemon. Anyways I shrug it off as Alaka moves on because he got 2 wins out of 3. He is going to battle Wesley next, and they let the juniors battle the final battle before the seniors.

So I talk with Ryan Young, the guy who placed top16 at San Francisco that I battled before; and we talked a lot about just random stuff and got to know each other a lot more. Then eventually Alaka vs Wesley is what everyone watches so we watch that and talk about it. Wesley ended up winning the whole tournament! I knew palkia/ape would not win the whole tournament, because those teams would eventually battle each other or probable by wiped out by a better player, hax or w/e eventually.

So obviously my hunch, or actually educated guess ended up being dead-on. It is always some underdog or person no one knows who wins big tournaments, at least it seems like that in my experiences. Anyways Wesley had a good, original team so I was happy for him.

After all those battles we head out to the mall and eat, and talk about random stuff with all the ducks. Then after that I just stay in my hotel for the rest of the day watching tv and trying to ignore the sudden bursts of thunder from the thunder and rainstorms that erupted outside our hotel (not in the battlefield, lol).

As we leave for our plane flight early the next morning I see briana and her bf, who btw, looks just like a mini TheAmazingAtheist, (on youtube). I also see many other people who competed in the tcg or vgc like FMasamune, and I played him later on in the plane. After that I never see him again, I think his name was Erik Torbell, since his name was Erik on his pokemon game when I battled him and I believed he placed either top2 or top4 at San Fransisco, I knew I saw him before.

So I come back home after my mom drives me since you know someone had to pick us up and I can't drive without a permit, well she could have brought it etc etc, but anyways I go on facebook to try to add this kid I met from SF and Nationals and then I see all these people commenting about how I was in the local newspaper and how they were cheering for me and hoping I do well at nationals.

I tell them I got top4 at nationals and my brother and I should be able to go to Hawaii, all expenses paid except food and w/e of course to compete in Worlds. And now here I am typing all this on a computer for you guys to hopefully enjoy my book of information that I originally wanted very short as a joke =P. I am glad to have met all the people I met at Indy, especially ones I hung around a lot like Enfuego, that I forgot to mention before, and his friend Myth or something.

I'll make sure to bring a portable backup generator at Hawaii, so I don't get IRL hax like a power outage or something. You gotta be prepared these days. Especially against those Jap's, who knows what they are up to, jk. Btw if you guys know any kids who would be a junior next year and are already interesting in pokemon and live as close as possible to me please let me know or actually I think I could find out myself if I knew where it was listed for where all the TCG meetings posted across the country are for cities and stuff.

I would just like to train someone just for fun next year because it might get old again, battling the same team over and over and over. I rather teach someone something they don't know and we will both enjoy our time over it. I did kind of tutor about 5 different people, one being my friend, Kikujimonji who placed top8 in SF but didn't go to nationals because of money reasons and his job conflicted with those days. And people like FrozenFlame in lyon I believe he got top8? But he never told me, I just say the name Flame.

And I coached [VGC] Human some on PO along with sapphire birch that competed at Newark but didn't use the team I told him to use because he couldn't ev train it fast enough so he ended up losing after a few matches, I think from hax he said. I talk to so many different people I don't even remember everyone anymore, and btw Human got top32 at I think Newark?

I dunno ask him, but he said he got like crit-frozen on the switch-in or something. Anyways sorry guys I don't have any pictures yet, I didn't take any from a low-battery cell phone which I didn't bring the charger for and hopefully people can send me their pictures of indy and I can kind of use those for this thread so people might actually be interested in reading this.

Nice journey Deagle, I hope you do good at Worlds!!
I hope you remember every detail of every of your battles at worlds xD

Yeah, I got to the Top 32 in Newark. Well let's hope that nothing happens that keeps you out of doing well in Worlds such as the power turning off again! I'll be sure to stick around on Pokemon Online.

By the way, how did your brother do at Nationals then?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
His brother was Top 16, and lost to me the first round of best of 3. Since Deagle gets two tickets for being 17 I am sure Metabou will be there.

I will still say "good job" even though you are insistent I told Huy about your team in a round I am fairly certain I was at my station with dtrain immediately. :p

Excellent job Deagle. I never doubted you for a second. I'm really sorry I couldn't be there to meet you, all my freinds decided they couldn't go. Come on Pokemon Online so we can discuss things. This is amarillo btw.

and Dromiceiomimus...what do you mean by that? En Fuego is one of my online teammates and a good guy, as is Deagle. I don't understand what you are referring to.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Checking through the archives, Wesley (and I believe his family members) has been winning or placing high in Nintendo tournaments since 2005 so I wouldn't call him an underdog or unknown really =p

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
Well I didn't know, I just assumed since everyone didn't know who he was, he wasn't very popular and didn't talk much on the internet.

Good luck at nationals, man. You're a good player (as I noticed on P-O) and you'll make it I know it. :]

Let's go for all smogon/America in the finals in Hawaii!

and Dromiceiomimus...what do you mean by that? En Fuego is one of my online teammates and a good guy, as is Deagle. I don't understand what you are referring to.
Basically, your assesment of EnFuego is completely inaccurate. He was a total douchebag to everyone, insulting and hating on people for absolutely no reason at all, shouting all of BadIntent's moves after he lost to him, wishing his opponent's bad luck before matches, acting very arrogant, and just generally doing things that would cause people to dislike him. Now, I never saw nor heard of Deagle doing anything of that sort, and I personally did not harbor any ill will towards him. Sure, I was cheering loudly and stuff for Alaka during their semifinal match, but I did that out of my love for Len, not out of dislike for Deagle. Deagle got very lucky in a couple of his matches, but he acknowledges it and it looks like he had some unfortunate luck himself. In summary, EnFuego did his best to make everyone there dislike him (and he had no justification whatsoever for behaving the way he did), but Deagle was a perfectly fine dude from what I saw/heard (I never got the chance to talk to him myself, but I doubt he would know who I am beacuse I played NBS under a different username).

Yeah, I mean, you're obviously free to think whatever you want about the guy, but as someone who only has his behavior the past few days to go off of(since I didn't know of him before this weekend), he's sure been a grade-A douche. I'm sure he's fine and well to those of you who are his friends, but he is impressively immature. I can't imagine any way he could have been more of a tool even if he'd been trying. Which he well may have been.

Gotta love a guy who talks shit, can't back it up, and is then a sore loser, though. Guess some people don't need internet anonymity to be dipshits.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Basically, your assesment of EnFuego is completely inaccurate. He was a total douchebag to everyone, insulting and hating on people for absolutely no reason at all, shouting all of BadIntent's moves after he lost to him, wishing his opponent's bad luck before matches, acting very arrogant, and just generally doing things that would cause people to dislike him. Now, I never saw nor heard of Deagle doing anything of that sort, and I personally did not harbor any ill will towards him. Sure, I was cheering loudly and stuff for Alaka during their semifinal match, but I did that out of my love for Len, not out of dislike for Deagle. Deagle got very lucky in a couple of his matches, but he acknowledges it and it looks like he had some unfortunate luck himself. In summary, EnFuego did his best to make everyone there dislike him (and he had no justification whatsoever for behaving the way he did), but Deagle was a perfectly fine dude from what I saw/heard (I never got the chance to talk to him myself, but I doubt he would know who I am beacuse I played NBS under a different username).
wow i didnt know it was that bad. enfuergo was staying in the same hotel as me i coulda chatted with him and try and get him to stop. but yeah i am sure the "shouting all of BadIntent's moves after he lost to him" could have really caused him big for next year's nationals had any of the staff been close enough to hear/understand the situation. but yeah no one should act like that i agree.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations Deagle. Your advice while I was practicing really helped me figure out what I wanted to do. Specifically, not knowing that Banette didn't have Levitate could have really hurt me without you pointing it out!!

Honestly though, a free trip to Hawaii is a pretty awesome thing to receive. Those kids really know how to party. No one has to worry about there not being any pita or hummus down there.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha, VGC Player X is amarillo on Pokemon Online / NetBattle Supremacy and I've seen him talk shit about Smogon / Ducks plenty of times so that's probably why he's cool with Enfuego while others obviously think he's a bit of an anti-social twat.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I really wish this was the case. I enjoyed talking to EnFuego online as well, and I was looking forward to meeting him in real life as well. Then in our match, every single turn he commented on how he knew exactly the match was going to play out because he knew my team (I knew I should have switched it around as soon as I saw the trainer name EnFuego), it was so obnoxious. My memory's little fuzzy on this one but I believe he was telling my moves loudly enough for the people around us to hear. Hearing him shout out BadIntent's team didn't help his case, either.

I'd almost entertain the possibility this was just some other jerk posing as EnFuego, his online and real life personas seem so inconsistent.

I wish I'd talked to you more, Deagle - I've had more of a positive experience with you online. Congrats on making it to top 4!

Alright might as well defend myself I guess.

First of all, I don't have anything against the ducks/smogon in general. Seriously how could I possibly hate fellow pokemon players? That isn't possible for me. I have problems with people who hack. Unfortuneately, that just happens to be people from Smogon. I'm not saying other people don't, I was just saddened when I saw Huy, for example, DQ'd for cheating and Alaka being flagged last year. I was saddened that 2 of the best players in America cut corners. Reading all the posts here, and I have lurked for a fair amount, I do get an elitist attitude from a lot of you. I'm sorry about that, and if we met in person I can promise we would be freinds. I only trash talk players out of respect for there skills. I hope TTS can attest to that. I'm sorry if I have offended any of you, but honestly if you take savved mons to competition then you have offended me. However, I don't want to argue about the legitamicy or not of savving here.

Now to get to the En Fuego part. As I have said, I was not at nationals since I couldn't get a ride. So if En Fuego was acting like a jerk there, and he could have been as many people are attesting to it, I wouldn't know. The only thing I can base En Fuego on is my talks with him over personal message on PO. He has been nothing but nice on there. If that is not his real life personality than I will agree that that's dissapointing. I would never do any of the things that he has been accused of since I am not that kind of person. I like making freindly banter but I would hope that isn't being taken as douchiness. Once again, if he isn't actually how he acts online, that's puzzling to me, but I will accept that I never met him. Please don't hate me for supporting someone who has been nothing but candid.

To sum it up, if it really is true that I have been given a wrong impression of this person then fine. I trash talk ducks out of respect, I don't dislike any of you. But I was lead to believe that Smogon in general supports hacking which I am firmly against.

Oh and I'm afraid I didn't make this clear. I don't assume Smogonners are hackers. I don't want to believe any of you are. Firestorm, someone told me you are still mad at a comment I made after Seattle. That was simply from dissapointment not hatred. I was dissapointed that one of the top 5 players in the US got DQ'd since to be perfectly honest I look up to you guys. I never accused the rest of you of hacking.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
whoa I didn't know you could say twat in here

also mattj, that was pretty hilarious, ahahaha, I liked you a lot more after that! :x

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
CROWD;AL-A-KA!! AL-A-KA!!

ME:deeeeeeeeeeeeegullllllllllllllll...
Haha, that was pretty funny. I got that on the video I was recording, you can hear it perfectly and then we all laugh.

Deagle, I also recorded the end of the "third" match against Alaka when the power went out. It really sucks that you had to play all over again, that was a real tough break because it seemed like you had that battle in your grasp. In all, I never actually got to meet you, but I expect I'll bump into you at future pokemon events.

A bit off topic, but seeing I wasn't at the VGC why does everyone seem to link Deagle with hummus and pita?

This is getting out of hand...

I really wish you would have talked to me... Anyone who had a conversation with me for more than 5 minutes realized the sarcasm I had in my voice the whole time. I never insulted anyone personally, I said I disliked the ducks as a whole. I said one of badintent's moves out loud. Mainly because I was shocked and I realized I lost the match after that. He told me to not say his moves and I quickly apologized and shut up the rest of the match(ask him). How could I be a sore loser? The 2 matches I lost, I told badintent to go and win the rest of his matches. I said nothing insulting to Alaka the whole time. I hung out with deagle for a few hours, but his assessment is obviously wrong of me because americandream heard word of mouth stories about me.

@OmegaDonut: Since you obviously don't remember our match, I apologized at the beginning of the match because I told you that I like to narrate the battles and sometimes I have sudden outburst of what moves people use. Not at all during the match did I make any comments about your team. I understand that you are upset that you lost (you were the 1 duck I got to beat), But going on the internet, trashing me, and making up stories makes you look like the sore loser, not me.

@kid who said I was going to bring a gun: Thanks for the best signature quote ever

I find it surprising that people who haven't even talked to me can go online and try and bash me. I went to win, not win a popularity contest. I had conversations with people who obviously knew I was joking (such as skarm and TTS; but they are probably going to come on here and bash me now).

The rest of this argument is going to be my word versus the word of others. Now if you are going to listen to people talk trash about me atleast make it the people who have actually talked to me, and not those who dislike me just because I said I rival the ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)