NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what is a sure death? Getting lynched. If your reveal moves the vote, it's not a sure death. And even if it still is, you now traded 1 for 1 instead of 1 for 0 since the vigilante is dead. My vote is not staying, this can go to a coin flip.
Vote is staying, not sure where that not came from.

Agreed that using claims to push lynches the way asek did is a move mafia could make, but if asek was scum it'd be a really risky gamble on his part and scum doesn't seem to need to take such risks in this game when mislynches can easily happen by themselves. You won't claim, alright, but you're still close to being lynched and if you're town you have every reason to try avoiding it.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so the two people asking for a claim are guaranteed scum and possible scum. nice.

King_ Gronkasaurus Rex Asek acidphoenix youre the town block despite my opinion of the latter two this game being low. if you think i should claim tell me and i will. going back and reading through the day mithril actually makes a lot of sense as the scumbuddy though | posting tm

so the two people asking for a claim are guaranteed scum and possible scum. nice.

King_ Gronkasaurus Rex Asek acidphoenix youre the town block despite my opinion of the latter two this game being low. if you think i should claim tell me and i will. going back and reading through the day mithril actually makes a lot of sense as the scumbuddy though | posting tm
You seem to be continuing the trend of thinking people who disagree and vote against you are scum... Good luck with that. In what world do I draw this much attention to myself if I am mafia when I was considered town by the vast majority of the game?

Mithril looks more like town trying to figure out the right lynch to me, which you haven't really been helping town achieve today. I'd expect a more credible defense from scumJosh but also a more helpful from townJosh so if things stay as they are I'll prob vote Josh since if hitmonleet is scum he isn't Merlin, and both Texas and Twin have hinted at there being a scum among you two.

I don't know what's happening with Gronk but he seems way less active and assertive than last game so I wouldn't look at him as trustworthy town just because he voted auraguardian early day1. Not the scummiest looking but it's weird for him to not be involved more in the scumhunting.

Josh

=P
At work and will post legitimately when I get home in a couple hours, but in the meantime...

Vote aura guardian

Your name is above mine on the player list.
first post, voting a partner is very common in rvs but i digress.

So I'm just going to throw out there that while I agree that no lynch is basically never correct in NYC, bringing it up in this game is worse because it specifically says in the rules that you cannot no lynch. Anybody bringing it up clearly failed to read the rules, and honestly seems more likely to be mafia to me because they are bringing up useless discussion. I could also argue that mafia teammates with daychat 2ould have far less reason to read through the rules before posting if they are already communicating with their team mates.
as i said at the time, "Lmfao shut up not reading the rules isn't a scum tell it's a noob tell"
trying to build a case on an ally like this serves to distance while not actually pushing their lynch, aka light fosing with no real intent

I'm going to also agree with the idea that Merlin claiming (well anyone really) is a pretty terrible idea in this game unless things change drastically. Trying to figure out a sensible numbers game here is practically impossible because we can realistically never know how many cycles we have left considering the mafia can just death note the entire game in one night. Any information provided to them jumps up the odds pretty dramatically as well.

I will also say that while I agree nothing Hitmonleet did was a huge mafia tell (note I never even voted for him), Josh jumping to his aid that strongly felt kinda weird to me. Now realistically I would be surprised if the mafia team buddied that hard on the first day, but it definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

So the conclusion of this is Haruno (and everybody else) needs to stop trying to get people to claim, and Josh + Hitmonleet is interesting to keep an eye on as things progress. I'll try to have more concrete reads on other other people in the next couple hours though.
and other than the bolded part, here he is now toning down scum!hitmonleet and trying to whip the focus onto me.

Quick response to this. All Merlin claiming actually does is is narrow down the 3 town players to three roles and allows mafia to investigate them for future kills. They don't even need to kill them now, and honestly probably wouldn't since it would out the mafia in that group. If they leave all 5 alive than town gets people CCing each other with no info and we have to hope we get lucky while allowing the Mafia to greatly narrow down their permutations. Just not a good idea.
the always helpful setup spec

As for this post, you can't have it both ways. You say the situation should read as Hitmonleet looking townier but then turn around and state that you down read him as town. I'm still not sure what to think on Hitmonleet outside of his being new, but your continued defense of him (while also attempting to distance yourself really bothers me).

Now for Haruno, I actually think he is likely town due to his post 40 where he asks Blazade about how the mafia kill works (submitting everybody as Merlin). One, this is again in the rules (READ THE DAMN RULES PEOPLE), but two if he were scum he has scumchat to discuss the kill and really has no reason to ask how it works. I strongly disagree with this plan, but I think he is just a misguided town with a bad plan.

All that being said though, I'm going to vote asek for now. He has two posts, and all he really talked about was being against claiming and thought Twin was town just because they agreed on claiming. Some actual thoughts on players would be nice.
yea scum never pushes idlers haha

My apologies for dropping off the face of the map at the end of day 1, ended up not being able to get to a computer with people visiting from out of town. Still catching up on the thread but will have thoughts soon.
and so ends mithril's epic day 1 contributions.

Well, looking through Texas' posts, its pretty obvious that Hitmonleet is one of the two people named in his PM. Looking through Hitmonleet's play so far, I just can't figure out a way to make sense of him being Merlin. Additionally, his post 390 really bothers me. He votes Asek with zero statement whatsoever (Pretty sure this is the right one), then makes the fairly obvious and agreed upon statement that Josh is town. He then wants to push the blame of Twins death onto him targetting Moody, but I cannot see a world where Twin actually tartgeted him after calling out the plan as ridiculous. This is even moreso true when Moody was one of Twin's top 3 mafia reads as of post 239. Realistically, it feels like Hitmonleet is the mafia hooker and got targeted by twin which resulted in his death. Twin's post 330 points to this as a possibility as he goes after AG for having no case on Hitmonleet.

Based on all of that, I will Vote Hitmonleet. I am still working on further reads atm though.
starting the day off with this bs is cute. hitmonleet didnt get targeted by twin though, either yourself or moody did. twin suiciding was a major factor towards town!pancake; no chance twin targeted him imo. however you, mithril, were being town read by almost everyone (and after reading your d1 iso I'm not really sure why), so i think its perfectly reasonable twin targeted you trying to clear a townie.

Josh If you were 100% inspected by the mafia last night, is there any downside to you revealing your role to the rest of the game? I can see it assisting in allowing the rest of us villagers to try to work out who Light is.
aahh a nice and early renegment on the earlier bolded part and asking for a claim at a stage when im universally townread. you go girl. this post is one of the worst.

I can definitely see a case for Moody, and to be fair we don't actually get anything out of lynching one mafia over another since they just pass on their abilities. But its pretty obvious we need to hit a sure mafia tomorrow and hit the other tomorrow to realistically have a chance in my opinion. It just becomes more likely that the mafia can get people's roles nailed down the more time we give them.

The big thing I noticed for Moody outside of his weird plan out of nowhere (super suspicious considering he had done literally nothing up to that point to garner trust) was the fact that he was continually pushing Blank/AG/Texas as playing against the village until in post 371 he magically tries to say that maybe AG isn't scum while the other two are. It felt like he noticed people were pushing a couple other wagons at that point and thought he may be able to push it off of AG for a day. He also used that post to try to throw some suspicion onto Josh, when it seems pretty obvious he is town at this point (barring absurd bussing of AG from like p2). His vote in post 212 on pancake screams of OMGUS as well. I also didn't love his bringing up of daychat in 345 because I haven't really even thought about it as a town player, while it would obviously be in the mind of the mafia team since they would be actively using it.

All that being said though, I'm not sure how I feel about AG putting both of his teammates in his final top 3 scum (post 297). Admittedly he argued earlier in the game that he doesn't allow his role to affect his in thread scumhunting, but it would be an interesting play to push both of his teammates as scum. I'll continue to go through more possible scumbuddies for AG/Hitmonleet though in case it isn't Moody.
lulz

If you did catch 2 scum in your reads it would have to be AG and Hitmonleet, which would mean Moody is most likely not scum. Otherwise the mafia would not have inspected you b/c it was obvious that you were not Merlin (since you would had stated all 3 mafia members in your 4 possible people). Both of these scenarios are definitely possible, but I just wanted to point them out.
yes.

I have to read back through the thread because my notes have almost nothing on acid right now. From what I remember I thought Knight was decently towny, but I'm not sure if that changed with King or not.
thank you.

I'll quickly respond to this before I go to sleep. Anybody who has played a NOC with me on Smogon should know that I've never been one for bombarding the thread with posts. I'll comment when I notice things, but I've never really lead discussion or even desired to lead discussion. Aside from that, I believe that the last post I made on D1 was around p7 (considering thats were my notes were up to before I was unable to get to a computer at all during NYE b/c I was busy with people. By the time I had time to try to process the thread the day had already ended. Not a good excuse by any means, but the truth nonetheless.

That also kinda explains the idea that I followed the consensus due to the fact that there was so little information. That being said, I was very hesitant of Josh early (which best I can remember was not at all consensus and was the first person trying to get Asek to post).

I don't really have much else to say considering you only commented on the quantity / general feel of the posts. Let me know if there is something more concrete to discuss. In the meantime I should have definite opinions / ISOs for pancake / King / Moody / phoenix by this time tomorrow.
where are those isos for pancake / moody / king / phoenix again? and people said i shouldnt cite precedence when mithril proceeds to do so.

Josh

=P
got bored because i saw the recent posts. moody/mithril is now my pick of has scum in it but it doesnt matter. the sad part is, in postgame people are STILL gonna rag on me even though nobody understands the setup besides myself. ahhh, a classic magma veil v2 but less broken and as many dumb misplays.

Josh

=P
like, haruno is pushing for COP to claim randomly, mithril/moody/pancake ive got into, asek/acid are being morons, and after all of that i still cant clear king as town. this is so fucked.

Why would twin visit me when I was one of his biggest scumreads he just told me to fuck off and suicided on one of his townreads lol.
The motives behind me voting you are
1) you are doing a poor job of defending yourself and telling town why hitmonleet is scum and you aren't
2) If hitmonleet is lynched and he's merlin we're fucked, if you're lynched and you're town then it's pretty likely that hitmonleet is scum and not merlin.
3) Your last post where you seem to seriously think twin could have targeted me leaves me baffled

Those isos kinda went out the window when this game became either vote Josh it vote hitmonleet. And yes I was against merlin claiming, but once it happened I have to use the information available to me.

The game changed. You first stated 100% inspected, so asking for that info to be public makes sense to be an even knowledge footing with the mafia. Now if you are town, you are just going to die. You dieing and not claiming in infinitely worse than you'll claiming, unless you somehow believe the janitor hit you last night when you were probably the least likely person to get lynched.

Also, me and moody being scumbuddies is kinda hilarious since that means you think we are both be giving ourselves away right now for literally no reason. If moody and I were teammates, why would I care if you or hitmonleet dies today? He might be the last scum, I'm not sure yet, but I know I'm not.

What does OMGUS even stand for exactly

The only way I see town winning is with Merlin alive, and the only option (given the Hitmonleet/Josh choice) I see for Merlin to be alive at the end of the day is that if Josh is scum we avoided lynching Merlin but he's unfortunately outed, if Josh is town Hitmonleet is scum and Merlin isn't outed so that seems to be the best course of action.

Ah, so the two people asking for claims (myself and hitmonleet) are guaranteed scum and possible scum. Let's add that to confirmed hitmonleet scum and get the 4 man scum team... Oh wait. There's only 3 in this game.

If you ever made an argument beyond saying everybody sucks maybe you could have convinced somebody to flip, but that certainly didn't happen.

And moody, it stands for oh my God you suck. Now it's normally used for people immeditlately voting for the person that just voted them, but whatever.

F
Ah, so the two people asking for claims (myself and hitmonleet) are guaranteed scum and possible scum. Let's add that to confirmed hitmonleet scum and get the 4 man scum team... Oh wait. There's only 3 in this game.

If you ever made an argument beyond saying everybody sucks maybe you could have convinced somebody to flip, but that certainly didn't happen.

And moody, it stands for oh my God you suck. Now it's normally used for people immeditlately voting for the person that just voted them, but whatever.
Goddammit phone typing is annoying. Myself and moody are asking for claims, not hitmonleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)