NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Josh needed to just claim that he was Merlin and actually lied about his last role for the sake of protecting twin at start of day one, but instead he kept up the lie the entire time /even though him being Merlin was the only way for him to be town/

I legitimately felt like Josh was lying and was still Merlin at first but then I saw the thing with his list and twin (yes i wasn't paying attention that much, you already knew that) and i thought he was smart enough to realize, as town, how fucking stupid continuing to lie and basically confirm himself as either still liar or scum was

in retrospect i realize that it would have been equally fucking stupid as scum but still

Josh: I stand by what I said d1 about your logic- although I feel like I agree with the actual logic just not what actually makes into the post- and besides that think the only thing you did badly was not admitting merlin d2

I don't see a reason why anyone should ever claim in this game. I would rather lynch randomly and hope PRs get guilties then seeing so many people claim.

I initially thought Josh choked super hard going from obv town to being lynched but in hindsight it seems Asek started pushing him early which was unfortunate and a mistake by Asek. I do think Josh did not do himself any favors after that though. Really seemed like he crumpled under pressure and didn't do his case any favors with some of the stuff he said. Even if you think you're carrying the game bro, unless you're an infinite vote mayor, you can't win the game by yourself. You have to put your team in a position to win, not just rely on yourself to win the game, even if the latter is more fulfilling. Some of the stuff you said after bordered on complete nonsense (my favorite was: "Meta is a stupid thing and you shouldn't read off it." Like I would've voted you on that alone). If you focused less on making emotional statements that weren't relevant to getting hitmon lynched then I think you would've been more convincing.

That's just my last day criticism and I have no idea what happened before with all the claims so maybe some major mistakes were made there. I hope someone will hope a "normal" NOC soon since I think atm we have a good group of interesting characters that will be fun to see what happens.

I don't see a reason why anyone should ever claim in this game. I would rather lynch randomly and hope PRs get guilties then seeing so many people claim.

I initially thought Josh choked super hard going from obv town to being lynched but in hindsight it seems Asek started pushing him early which was unfortunate and a mistake by Asek. I do think Josh did not do himself any favors after that though. Really seemed like he crumpled under pressure and didn't do his case any favors with some of the stuff he said. Even if you think you're carrying the game bro, unless you're an infinite vote mayor, you can't win the game by yourself. You have to put your team in a position to win, not just rely on yourself to win the game, even if the latter is more fulfilling. Some of the stuff you said after bordered on complete nonsense (my favorite was: "Meta is a stupid thing and you shouldn't read off it." Like I would've voted you on that alone). If you focused less on making emotional statements that weren't relevant to getting hitmon lynched then I think you would've been more convincing.

That's just my last day criticism and I have no idea what happened before with all the claims so maybe some major mistakes were made there. I hope someone will hope a "normal" NOC soon since I think atm we have a good group of interesting characters that will be fun to see what happens.
the thing is that where the choke ACTUALLY is in that is before asek ever posted- he immediately claimed after night that he was lying about merlin when texas had basically confirmed him as merlin

claiming not-merlin was the equivalent of claiming scum, which is why he got lynched :x

but yeah josh did himself no favors d2 after starting to get voted

and yeah claiming sucks in this game because the only people who have anything really relevant to provide offer the mafia an extra guess, the only exception i'd say is if you have a guilty result on the final mafia and jerome is still alive or town is somehow still reasonably sized

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Idk that I played well or anything but I think my decisions were at least justifiable given my level of experience

Sad that town mislynched when I did everything in my power to make it obvious that hitmonleet was the scum after aura picked up in my role :(

Sorry, bad plays by me got me Dnoted. I sorta sent the message, sadly went to the wrong people. Though this is my first game, learned quite a lot here thanks to you guys.
I feel quite responsible for the loss.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Sorry, bad plays by me got me Dnoted. I sorta sent the message, sadly went to the wrong people. Though this is my first game, learned quite a lot here thanks to you guys.
chin up, it was a hard game for a new player

hard game for experienced players as well for that matter

Don't worry, Blank Slate; everyone starts at the bottom. And you were FAR from the only person who was obvious about your role. But for future reference: Vigilante is a role to keep very quiet.

Don't worry about it man. Mafia, especially on this site is a learning experience. If you keep playing games ( and I hope you will), you'll learn more and get better. At the end of the day, this is just a game and not even an important one. Enjoy the experience and try to take something away from it so you can do better in the future =]

Yeah I didn't quite realize how crazy this game would be for newbies especially because it takes such a coordinated effort to get a convincing win.

Blank Slate if it makes you feel better everyone fucked up this game

Don't worry Blank, everyone has their good games and bad games. Something I've learned in my (comparatively) slightly longer time in Mafia games is that the most important thing is to learn.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
We got stomped rofl. I honestly don't know how village could've won after that disastrous day 1. Asek/josh even if they didn't argue, wouldn't have gotten us closer to light and I feel we would've lost at night 3 regardless. Shoutout to me for being one of the only roles who actually hid their roles though.

Ag/hitmonleet played badly but we played even worse to let them get away. Good shit to king for flying under the radar.

Can the Merlin player not Fucking claim Merlin day 1, end up getting identity exchanged that same night and then proceed to lie about their Merlin claim to get themsleves myslynched day 2? Honestly if josh never lied about fake claiming Merlin, we would've gotten hitmonleet lynch and then afterwards idk since I don't think king was a primary target. But even so I still think we lost regardless so it's w/e.

No claiming from anyone made tracker/watcher absolutely worthless.

Out of curiosity King_ Aura Guardian Hitmonleet what did you all consider me? And what would have your night 2 death note look like if hitmonleet got lynched over josh

Mostly, Josh had us convinced it wasn't him, and we figured your early posts were baiting for "should I claim?"

E: also, we guessed Merlin WAS identity exchanged, but he wasn't.

E2: We thought you could also be the Veteran, for that no tie stuff

Haruno

just keep playing since mafia is fun :O everyone fucks up from time to time and honestly this was a very Not new player friendly game and villager as a new player is really difficult since no teammates to rely on. n_n keep it up mate

I appreciate this

I'm at work I'll type up a real reply in a few hours
Despite the bickering in the end, I mostly agree with Hitmonleet. Your reads on people were really good. But one, the whole claim Merlin, claim not Merlin, then claim something else was kinda insane. I'm not sure how people are supposed to react to that, but clearly we reacted incorrectly. Otherwise I think you just need to not be such an ass haha. When all you were saying is everybody sucks, it felt like too many mafia rants I've seen in the past. It also meant that I was just frustrated with your posting, which probably impacted my reads on you because at that point I wanted you to be mafia. It wasn't until the very end that I started to think you were just a frustrated town player. I just think despite how well you played the psychological / scum hunting part, your social game just pissed everybody off.

As for myself, I should have been more bothered by how long it took between Hitmonleet posts. As I kept thinking about it they really started to seem coached.

The only reason I defended you Hitmonleet was because Texas's play lead to either you were Merlin or Josh was Merlin at that point. And since he blatantly claimed he wasn't Merlin (and his Merlin names were wrong) I just couldn't see it any other way until too late.

On the plus side, I did pm Blazade with the correct Mafia team once D2 ended, so I'm happy about that at least.

I'm also trying to figure out what Janitor is supposed to do so early in the game. I really don't want to rand early and hit a mafia because that screws over the village, and hitting a villager believed to be mafia for D2 seems bad too because nobody can figure anything out from the nonexistant flip.

How is that supposed to be played?

Haruno

I'm also trying to figure out what Janitor is supposed to do so early in the game. I really don't want to rand early and hit a mafia because that screws over the village, and hitting a villager believed to be mafia for D2 seems bad too because nobody can figure anything out from the nonexistant flip.

How is that supposed to be played?
Say you're janitor and hit mafia

Haruno

Tbh, I thought Haruno was T.J. Christian, because that was the only way I could picture a Town benefit to the Merlin sacrifice plan.
merlin plan was 100% beneficial to town. lmao. the fact that no one did it cost us in the end. Considering gronk has me as confirmed town, there was no way I was getting lynched rofl.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
time for postgame

first off: newbies, you shouldnt feel bad. its alright bs/moody/hitmonleet: this is a very difficult game to grasp and as you saw lots of experienced players failed to get it, almost all of them in fact.

second off: everyone else, ily all insults are strictly game related <3

third off:
If Hitmonleet had been lynched would the mafia have still won? Like it seems as though even if Hitmonleet had been lynched the mafia probably would've solved properly regardless unless they weren't sure what Josh was.
If Hitmonleet had been lynched would the mafia have still won? Like it seems as though even if Hitmonleet had been lynched the mafia probably would've solved properly regardless unless they weren't sure what Josh was.
this post by UncleSam is EXACTLY why i had to play as i did and what none of you seem to get even now: even IF we lynched moody, if scum knew i was merlin the game was over most likely regardless. when i lived d2 i made it my mission to convince everyone that i wasnt merlin; more on what put me in that position later. apparently i did a really fucking good job because nobody town nor scum seemed to grasp it. the thing is, town only one if they could see iwas actually merlin and lieing through my teeth to bait scum; i expected asek out of all people to get it and it disappointed me he didnt and nobody else did either.

-Josh/King fakeclaiming shit that counterclaimers couldn't find consistent passively outing the counterclaimers.
counterclaimers should not exist in this setup

I feel like Josh needed to just claim that he was Merlin and actually lied about his last role for the sake of protecting twin at start of day one, but instead he kept up the lie the entire time /even though him being Merlin was the only way for him to be town/
no. town lost if i claimed merlin most likely. i HAD to avoid it, and i put a damn lot of effort doing it.

I legitimately felt like Josh was lying and was still Merlin at first but then I saw the thing with his list and twin (yes i wasn't paying attention that much, you already knew that) and i thought he was smart enough to realize, as town, how fucking stupid continuing to lie and basically confirm himself as either still liar or scum was
it wasnt stupid and im annoyed you say it is. scum clearly knew i was merlin and i got to clear a townie in the process while swapping in my strongest scumread. twin dying was really unfortunate but i put him in a great position with that and id call that a really good play, not a really bad one. i only did it because i was very confident he was town and i was willing to bet the game on that read; i dont make game-betting mistakes, or at least i never have to date in mafia.

i had to act like that; my entire day was spent trying to convince scum i wasnt merlin. i DID MY JOB. your job as merlin is to hide from scum and texas could not have made that job more difficult. the best part is i fucking succeeded but town gamethrew when hitmonleet was confirmed scum. i chalk it up to inexperience in a game where its very hard to be inexperienced.

the thing is that where the choke ACTUALLY is in that is before asek ever posted- he immediately claimed after night that he was lying about merlin when texas had basically confirmed him as merlin
im sorry for trying to give town a chance to win my bad

Blank Slate2356 the loss is not your fault, don't sweat it. i mostly blame asek/texas and a bit mithril but regardless its just a game, everyone has bad ones and everyone was a newbie at some point. try and be more active in future games though please as either alignment :) this game doesn't matter for anything and even experienced players had difficulty with it

Can the Merlin player not Fucking claim Merlin day 1, end up getting identity exchanged that same night and then proceed to lie about their Merlin claim to get themsleves myslynched day 2? Honestly if josh never lied about fake claiming Merlin, we would've gotten hitmonleet lynch and then afterwards idk since I don't think king was a primary target. But even so I still think we lost regardless so it's w/e.
sigh shut up lmfao

Despite the bickering in the end, I mostly agree with Hitmonleet. Your reads on people were really good. But one, the whole claim Merlin, claim not Merlin, then claim something else was kinda insane. I'm not sure how people are supposed to react to that, but clearly we reacted incorrectly. Otherwise I think you just need to not be such an ass haha. When all you were saying is everybody sucks, it felt like too many mafia rants I've seen in the past. It also meant that I was just frustrated with your posting, which probably impacted my reads on you because at that point I wanted you to be mafia. It wasn't until the very end that I started to think you were just a frustrated town player. I just think despite how well you played the psychological / scum hunting part, your social game just pissed everybody off.
i had to play my social game like that, thats the thing. what should have happened was town realize i was merlin and while not acting obvious about it go along wnith me. i played to the town wincon and tried my absolute hardest not to get caught by mafia; i still dont understand haruno/acid/whoever saying i shouldve claimed merlin. it was my job to prove to mafia i wasnt merlin. this game just didnt click for anyone which is unfortunate.

now, for why i did what i did in the game and why it rolled out like it did. hopefully from my perspective thisll show people why i played as i did.

initially, i saw merlin and clicked out of that shit. iwanted to read around half of d1 before seeing my names, and cross checking my srs with the names would determine who was scum. the issue: scum happened to slip a few posts in (ag :p) and i was the only one who saw it as a scumslip besides twin. moreover, texas mentioned a grand total of 2 names in his entire lifespan in the game. man texas, we are friends but damn i dont think i could have played percival worse if i tried. you didnt even attempt to hide me as merlin or anything like that, or try to read other people, you just gunned down hitmonleet then me then hitmonleet for no good reason. so, between those two things, scum knew i was merlin near the end of d1, there was no doubt in my mind i was dying. i decided town was down by a lot despite being about to lynch one of the scum due to merlin + percival's immenent deaths, so i made a hail mary: i was really confident in my town read of twin so i swapped him with my biggest scum read moody. i figured ideally moody would be scum assume im not merlin since his names there and id live; that was a big part of me sring moody d2. i did not understand why i lived because identity exchanger 50/50. when i came into d2 i knew it was towns only chance to win if i could convince scum that i wasnt merlin: so, i acted like i did some godly gambit and acted all cocky about how they guessed merlin for me blah blah blah; i had to be convincing that i believed they guessed merlin for me and my brilliant plan worked. however, this is where asek gamethrows: asek, my dude, i claimed merlin and you are bg and were on my merlin list along with one flipped scum who was on the list. that gave you no indication that i might actually be merlin??????????????????? so instead, and again im friends with the dude but cmon, asek makes the godly play of claiming bg (which scum didnt know he was at all because i had already lied about twin) and proceeding to write an essay about why im the right lynch. that is where asek and texas together won the game for a mediocre scum team. i could not claim merlin when i was being lynched, thats what i dont think yall get even now: if i claimed merlin and got off the block scum was still killing me, the game was still over. i had to avoid getting lynched while acting like it was obvious who merlin was and that texas slipped it. texas put me in a fucking awful position and after i FIXED said position asek magnified it again. mithril did not help.

i dont think i misplayed drastically. i feel i played a very good game with minor errors. maybe i shouldve just lynched hitmonleet, but honestly, i had higher expectations of people and didnt expect the stupid fucking lynch on the guy who created the wagon and led the wagon for the flipped d1 scum. i wanted to lead the lynch on the second scum. youll note in my reads post king was definitely not cleared town and as i told blazade i even had a case for scum!king - i ultimately couldnt pursue it due to how badly pancake and moody played. nothing against either of them either, friends with both, but damn people you just dont get this game.

my post near the end of the day summarized my thoughts: this game required reading between the lines. everybody took everything at face value and that was the downfall. it was still fun to play and i hope the newbies stick around for more nocs that are a little easier to get into! Gronkasaurus Rex as a newbie kudos on being the only person i would say played a genuinely solid game for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)