Deck Knight vs Venser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, this is a tight spot.

This is too tight a battle, we need to even things up a little. Begin by using Toxic on yourself. As odd as it sounds, this will come in handy.

Follow it up with Facade, then another Facade.

If Shroomish uses Focus Punch to attempt to capitalize on your self-Toxic, siphon some of its energy away with Mega Drain, then continue with the self-Toxic.

Toxic (Self) ~ Facade ~ Facade

If Shroomish attempts to Focus Punch during a Self-Toxicing action, attack with Mega Drain and push the self-Toxic and Facades into the next slot.

Okay, sure, Toxic yourself -- whatever floats your boat.

Shroomish, start off with a Spore! Then, Focus Punch! Finish with a Drain Punch.

Shroomish [Turtle] (?)
Adamant
Grass
Poison Heal/Effect Spore
Stats:
HP: 59
Atk: *** (+)
Def: **
SpA: * (-)
SpD: **
Spe: 35
Energy: 46
Other: None

Turtwig [Rook] (M)
Brave
Grass
Overgrow
Stats:
HP: 37
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 26 (31 / 1.15v) (-)
Energy: 62
Other: -1 Atk and Def

The "fast"er "Turtle" moves first, with Shroomish quick to put his opponent into a deep sleep with Spore.
As Turtwig tosses and turns, Turtle trembles with total... t... t... power, unleashing a mighty Focus "Punch" on his sleeping foe. This proves to be quite a shock for the little reptile, waking him from his slumber with a sudden jolt. Having some jumbled memories of being told to toxic and not to toxic and to maybe mega drain if you dont toxic but otherwise use toxic and unable to think of anything but Toxic decides to use Facade.
Satisfied with the damage output, Shroomish tones things down a bit, healing up with Drain "Punch" (seriously what the hell does it punch with). Turtwig, in his haze not quite understanding the logic in his master's commands nonetheless follows through with a second Facade. Finding himself poisoned by Shroomish's effect spore, he suddenly remembers what the whole Toxic thing was all about, but it seems its too late now...
Shroomish [Turtle] (?)
Adamant
Grass
Poison Heal/Effect Spore
Stats:
HP: 48
Energy: 22

Turtwig [Rook] (M)
Brave
Grass
Overgrow
Stats:
HP: 9
Energy: 48
Other: Poisoned

All right, let's finish this off -- Drain Punch three times. If he ever gives us room with a non-damaging attack, use Focus Punch instead.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This will be a Draining war. Our opponent may have overcalculated his energy reserves. You just need to survive one attack.

Mega Drain ~ Mega Drain ~ Mega Drain

Shroomish [Turtle] (?)
Adamant
Grass
Poison Heal/Effect Spore
Stats:
HP: 48
Energy: 22

Turtwig [Rook] (M)
Brave
Grass
Overgrow
Stats:
HP: 9
Energy: 48
Other: Poisoned

In the centre of this enormous room the two Pokemon, one low on health, the other rapidly losing energy go in for the final round. Turtle throws another of his physically unlikely Drain Punches, leaving Turtwig hanging on by a thread (1 Hp...). Rook replies likewise, using Mega Drain to restore some of his lost health and pull him back from the edge of conciousness.
It turns out to be a futile endeavour however. The little HP restored doesn't put Rook back into surviveable territory, and Shroomish's final drain Punch is sufficent to push Turtwig straight over the Precipice, knocking out his fellow Grass Type. Though exhausted (2 energy...) Turtle stands strong, leaving himself and Venser Victorious!

Yeah, so it was pretty close.
1 EC, 1 DC, 2(?) MC for all combatants.
KO Counters for Porygon2, Turtwig and Shroomish.
2 TC for Deck Knight and Venser, 2 RC for myself.

Good game guys! This was pretty fun to ref. Any comments or criticisms of my reffing is welcome.
On a mostly unrelated matter, I love the way "Vs Venser" alliterates.

Deck Knight

Turtle also used Drain Punch as his last action in the previous round, so it should suffer from the consecutive attacks penalty on its first Drain Punch as well. That and I'm a bit miffed about Bind being entirely ineffective, as well as a partial freeze of Steelix's body entirely negating its actions. Guess freeze needs clarification.

Whether the make the adjustment or not, gg Venser.

I've never actually really been sure how to manage Consecutive attacks across rounds. In that case, it should be a tie I believe, and I suppose Rook deserves a KO Counter for that.
With bind, the issue was that Steelix is far too large in my opinion to achieve what you were attampting; it probably would have worked with say Ekans for example. The freeze thing wasn't really partial, I think I actually rolled a 2 for the freeze roll (out of 100) so I figured that would be a significan tenough freezing to negate his action, although in hindsight perhaps due to his size this shouldn't have been the case.
I'll keep that in mind in future, thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)