Deck_Knight vs SimonSays, One year later! A battle of Epic Proportions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Keep calm... The Rash make mistakes. Although I'm beginning to think the mistake was challenging a veteran with <30 Moves on most-all my pokemon."

Initiating Switch Phase

->

Sleuth Out, Regisand In

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget the Spikes TRG :D

I accept your offer to switch.

GOGOGOGOLURK (Enter VoltronForce!)

--->

Lead this off with a Shadow Punch, Then Shadow Ball, then another Shadow Punch.

If Claydol uses Solarbeam, set up Substitute (20HP) while its charging to take the hit. If you have a Substitute up while Claydol uses Solarbeam, use Astonish and try to flinch it before the attack executes.

"... Obvious Spinblocker is obvious. Stupid Simon is stupid."

Stealth Rock ~ Earth Power ~ Teleport (Switch)
IF Stealth Rocks are already on Deck's side of the field, use Extrasensory instead.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Right, SS calls for a subreff on IRC, and there's a Chinese saying that goes "A newborn calf never fears the tiger", so here I am, your third reff who'd joined ASB after this battle was declared.

EDIT : Fixed Gravity and 1 layer of Spikes on SS's side of the field. Ouch.
EDIT2 : Damnit, I should be more scrutinising in my copy-pasting. Golurk has no subs at all.

SimonSays’s team: OOAOO

HP: 81
En: 100
Spe: 65 (-)
Ranks: 3/5/3/5
Stats: N/A
Other: Stealth Rock, Spikes 1

Deck Knight's team: OAOOO

HP: 80
En: 73
Spe: 47
Ranks: 5/3/3/3
Other: N/A

Arena : Sky Tower (Just a normal day..), Gravity 12a

Deck Knight and SimonSays suddenly realised that subconcious bloodthirst is gone - looking around, they find no trace of the Mysterious Stranger. "Where did he go?" asks the experienced veteran. Before his opponent can respond, down swoops a Nargacuga, alighting gracefully on the edge of the barricades.
"Fear not, for I am Glacier-Mamoswine's ally. He is saved from the clutches of the dark stranger, but he is concerned with his friends, so he bade me to fly over and to do what I can."
Such was the telepathic message from the sleek monster. "Hey, I know y- alright, Deck, we can trust him."

"You sure? Well then, let's continue on, shall we?"

And Regisand-Claydol suddenly glowed, as Rocks levitated with its telekinesis and scattered with shotgun-force all over the place - some dug into Regisand-Claydol, but more flew towards Deck Knight's side of the tower. Enraged by such a taunt on his master, VoltronForce-Golurk threw (literally threw) a punch as a respond, sending Regisand-Claydol spinning. It appeared, however, that it was the latter's plan, after all...

"Yeah, Regisand! Hit'em with all you got!"

And with that cry from SimonSays, Regisand-Claydol accelerated on the ground despite the cluttering debris, this time glowing gold with a force that ripped a construct apart! As the dust settled, it turns out that the golem is one of cloth, however, not one of rock and steel. Horrified that its plan failed, Regisand-Claydol attempted to evade the ensuing onslaught by Teleporting back towards its Pokeball, yet inevitably VoltronForce-Golurk left a pair of parting gifts - knucklebones and crystal balls infused with the latter's ghastly life-force. Faced with a conundrum, SimonSays now grasps his belt, mentally calculating his team on hand.

Action 1:
Pointed rocks slammed into Claydol!
12-3 = 9 damage (Claydol)
Claydol was slammed to the Spiky ground!
12 damage (Claydol)
Claydol used Stealth Rock!
Claydol scattered rocks over Deck Knight's team field!
-12 energy
Golurk used Shadow Punch!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 9322/10000 (NO)
[6+2+3+(7.5-7.5)]*1.5 = 16.5 damage (Claydol)
-3 energy

Action 2:
Claydol used Earth Power!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3762/10000 (NO)
9+3+(4.5-4.5) = 12 damage (Golurk)
-6 energy
Golurk used Shadow Ball!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3955/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=2000 EFFECT]: 7143/10000 (NO)
[8+3+(4.5-7.5)]*1.5 = 12 damage (Claydol)
-5 energy

Action 3:
Claydol used Teleport!
-7 energy
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 2697/10000 (NO)
[6+2+3+(7.5-7.5)]*1.5 = 16.5 damage (Claydol)
-3 energy

Post Action:
RNG Roll (WEATHER) [<=4000 DRIZZLE ; 4000<=8000 DROUGHT; <8000 NORMAL]: 4961/10000 (DROUGHT)

Post Round:
Claydol: -66 HP, -25 EN, Self-switched
Golurk: -12 HP, -11 EN

HP: 15
En: 75
Spe: 65 (-)
Ranks: 3/5/3/5
Other: Stealth Rock, Spikes 1, Teleported

HP: 68
En: 62
Other: Stealth Rock

Arena : Sky Tower (The sunlight is harsh..), Gravity 9a

Simon sends in replacement and orders
Deck Knight responds
I reff

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@ZhengTann: Spikes and (Persistent boosted) Gravity were on the field courtesy of my Fidgit in the previous round, meaning Claydol should have taken Spikes damage as well.

Yes, I am evil.

Also, that Substitute shouldn't have been there; Subs don't carry over when a 'mon is withdrawn. And apart from that, I'm leading the charge with orders.

"... Gentlemen... Lady... Claydol. We've been at this for a long time. Really long time. And I know there's more to this game that writing up some really cool flavour and then spamming Super Effective moves and using Bide and Taunt and Double Team all the time. There are gimmicks out there. Good ones. And all it takes is a little tenacity, a little courage, and friends. My dears, you are all my friends. The man across from us is our friend. And we have friends at our back, supporting us. Lending us a Helping Hand (figuratively) and pushing us on to be better. To fight harder. And showing us the way through.

"Sleuth! Get back in there and muscle through!"

"You, sir, are a dork."

Toxic ~ Ice Beam ~ Shadow Ball
IF Focus Punch is used when you would use Toxic, use Ice Beam and push actions back.
IF Substitute is used when you would use Toxic, change action string from that action to Ice Beam ~ Confusion ~ Toxic.

Inb4

Deck Knight

VoltronForce, lets keep the pressure on.

Use Substitute (20 HP) to lure Slowking's Ice Beam. Then use Astonish and try to flinch it. Either way, end with Shadow Punch.

Substitute (20 HP) ~ Astonish ~ Shadow Punch

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Go to DAT, Ctrl+F "10/15/20", and change that erroneous data on Spikes damage, please.

EDIT: Sorry about it, Simon. Fixed, though Sleuth still got flinched. At least VoltronForce was infected.

HP: 75
En: 58
Spe: 26
Ranks: 3/4/4/4

HP: 68
En: 62

Arena : Sky Tower (The sunlight is harsh..), Gravity 9a​

Two slow, inexorable forces clashes... "Do a SubPunch strategy!" VoltronForce-Golurk responds by starting a defensive game, using a Substitute ("Again,") to minimize his damage input. However, a critically-targeted Beam of frigid Ice from Sleuth-Slowking instantly takes out the fake! "Way to go!" cheered SimonSays, but Deck Knight takes the setback in stride.

"Scare him," was the terse reply, and VoltronForce-Golurk disappears, only to reappear in front of Sleuth-Slowking with fists raised menacingly. Astonished, Sleuth-Slowking took a step back, but it wasn't far enough from the hulking construct - he took a Shadowy blow from VoltronForce-Golurk's Punches! But, was tha- what a courageous tactic! When most would have shirked away from such a blow, Sleuth-Slowking stepped in and with a breath, infected Toxic upon the walking automaton! ("Sounds like a really bad case of mouth odour. Simon probably needs to buy some mints after this one.")

Action 1:
Pointed rocks slammed into Slowking!
12 damage (Slowking)
Slowking tripped on the Spiky ground!
12 damage (Slowking)
Golurk used Substitute!
Status Change: Substitute 20 HP (Golurk)
-18 energy
Slowking used Ice Beam!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 585/10000 (CRIT)
[10+3+(6-4.5)]*1.5 = 21.75 damage ~ 20 damage (Golurk)
Status Change: Substitute 0 HP (Golurk)
-7 energy

Action 2:
Golurk used Astonish!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 9678/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 1099/10000 (EFFECT)
[4+3+(7.5-6)]*1.5 = 12.75 damage (Slowking)
Slowking flinched!
-2 energy
Slowking flinched!
Flinch (Astonish)

Action 3:
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3842/10000 (NO)
[6+2+3+(7.5-7.5)]*1.5 = 16.5 damage (Slowking)
-3 energy
Slowking used Toxic!
Golurk is Badly Poisoned!
Status Change: BPSN (Golurk)
-7 energy

Post Action:
-1 HP due to Bad Poison (Golurk)
RNG Roll (WEATHER) [<=4000 DRIZZLE ; 4000<=8000 DROUGHT; <8000 NORMAL]: 9764/10000 (NORMAL)

Post Round:
Slowking: -53.25 HP, -14 EN, Self-switched
Golurk: -21 HP, -23 EN

HP: 22
En: 44

HP: 47
En: 39

Arena : Sky Tower (The weather went back to normal...), Gravity 6a

Deck Knight decides Switch Phase
SimonSays responds
I reff

Deck Knight

I'm going to stay with VoltronForce.

It's time we finish off this King of Slow.

Use another Astonish, then wrap this up with Shadow Punch, followed by Shadow Ball.

If Slowking uses Disable on Shadow Punch action 1, use Shadow Ball and follow up with Earthquake.

Astonish ~ Shadow Punch ~ Shadow Ball

If Slowking uses Disable on Shadow Punch A1, use Shadow Ball A2, then Earthquake.

Once again, Astonish isn't Auto-Flinch.

"Sleuth. TEAR IT DOWN ON TOP OF THEM."

Disable (Shadow Punch) ~ Slack Off ~ Focus Blast (Sky Tower Supports)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
EDIT: Fixed the post-round statistics (damn how could you even neglect Toxic damage when its right there)

SimonSays’s team:
OOAOO

HP: 22
En: 44

HP: 47
En: 39

Arena : Sky Tower (The weather went back to normal...), Gravity 6a

"Time to end this," announced Deck Knight. VoltronForce-Golurk clanked, so loud that Simon flinched due to Astonishment, but Sleuth-Slowking stood his ground, as befits a monarch hearing his own dirge, and tapped into the golem's memories, Disabling VotronForce-Golurk's innate punching technique. But that didn't stop the construct, who spewed a Ball of Shadows that swiftly KO'ed Sleuth-Slowking. Hackles rose on Nargacuga's neck but otherwise it kept calm, however the skies didn't - the clouds descend, and it suddenly pours..

Action 1:
Golurk used Astonish!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 2672/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 9756/10000 (NO)
[4+3+(7.5-6)]*1.5 = 12.75 damage (Slowking)
-2 energy
Slowking used Disable!
Slowking Disabled Golurk's Shadow Punch!
Status change: Shadow Punch Disabled 6a (Golurk)
-7 energy

Post Action:
-2 HP due to Bad Poison (Golurk)

Action 2:
Golurk used Shadow Ball!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 5559/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 7613/10000 (EFFECT)
[8+3+(4.5-6)]*1.5 = 14.25 damage (Slowking)
Slowking was KO'ed!
-5 energy

Post Action:
-2 HP due to Bad Poison (Golurk)
RNG Roll (WEATHER) [<=4000 DRIZZLE ; 4000<=8000 DROUGHT; <8000 NORMAL]: 3972/10000 (DRIZZLE)

Post Round:
Slowking: -27 HP, -7 EN, KO'ed
Golurk: -4 HP, -7 EN

SimonSays’s team: OOXOO

HP: KO
En: 37

HP: 43
En: 32

Arena : Sky Tower (It started to turn torrential!), Gravity 3a

Simon sends in replacement and orders
Deck Knight responds
I reff

Deck Knight

"This dragon really needs to chill out. He'll wish we weren't so Quiet after this."

VoltronForce, crush your hazard-prone enemy with an Ice Beam + Ice Beam combination, which should KO it after it eats hazard damage. This should exhaust your energy supply, but I'm not particularly averse to a sacrificial attacks. Losing a second Pokemon was more than SimonSays bargained for. Not that you'll be around, but end with a Chill...

Ice Beam + Ice Beam ~ Cool Down ~ Chill

I also noted an error from The Royal Guard earlier. He started the Gravity countdown at 4 rounds (which he put as 12 actions), but because I used it with Fidgit (which has Persistent) as the last action of its round it should last for 5 rounds, meaning Gravity will last for this round and one more additional round.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
And sigh... Deck, you're right about Persistent Gravity. TRG made the mistake, and I carried it forward. What a sour taste in my mouth.

SimonSays’s team: AOOXO

HP: 63
En: 31
Spe: 80
Ranks: 6/2/4/4

HP: 43
En: 32

Arena : Sky Tower (It started to turn torrential!), Gravity 6a

Ace-Dragonite stands tall in his element, despite suffering terribly from the heavy gravity that ripped through his bulky form - or was that the earth turning against him? Barely flying straight against the storm, Nargacuga witnessed the final act of the the Dragon and the Golem...

Ace-Dragonite lashes out with a heavy Tail imbued with the element of Rainfall, it's force staggering VoltronForce-Golurk for perhaps the last time... And the statement proved to be true. The construct glowed white before summoning a Frozen Stream of destruction in retaliation. The Ice energy inimical to Dragonkind took Ace-Dragonite down, with VoltronForce-Golurk falling an instant after!

Action 1:
Pointed rocks cracked onto Dragonite!
15 damage (Dragonite)
Dragonite was pulled onto the Spiky ground!
12 damage (Dragonite)
Dragonite used Aqua Tail!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 9958/10000 (NO)
[9+3+(8.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 24 damage (Golurk)
-7 energy
Golurk used Frozen Streamer!
(-2 Priority Combo, Ice Beam + Ice Beam)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 3120/10000 (CRIT)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 4532/10000 (NO)
[22.5+(4.5-6)]*1.5 = 47.25 damage (Dragonite)
Dragonite is KO'ed!
-31.5 energy
Golurk fainted due to exhaustion!

Post Action:
RNG Roll (WEATHER) [<=4000 DRIZZLE ; 4000<=8000 DROUGHT; <8000 NORMAL]: 9562/10000 (NORMAL)
Arena Changes: Gravity 3a

Post Round:
Dragonite: -74.25 HP, -7 EN, KO'ed
Golurk: -24 HP, -31.5 EN, KO'ed

SimonSays’s team: XOOXO

HP: KO
En: 24
Spe: 80
Ranks: 6/2/4/4

Deck Knight's team: OXOOO

HP: 19
En: KO

Arena : Sky Tower (The rain subsided...), Gravity 3a

Deck Knight sends in and orders (I guess there'd be no Switch Phase)
SimonSays responds in kind
I reff

Actually, if Deck is ordering first, he should probably know what he's attacking.

"... Ace... That Golurk kicked our tails last time, too... Prince, take it to him!"

Deck Knight

"It's about to get FIDGETTY in here. Your ARMageddon shall continue!"

There are few Pokemon weak to Poison STAB. Sawsbuck is unfortunately one of them.

ARMageddon, lets start this off by Taunting our foe so he can't support his teammates. Follow up with successive Sludge Bombs.

If Sawsbuck tries to evade Taunt with a non-damaging evasive move, set another layer of Spikes, then move your actions back, this substitution is in effect if Sawsbuck uses both A1 and A2 to avoid Taunt.

Taunt ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Sludge Bomb

If Sawsbuck uses a non-damaging evasive move to avoid Taunt, set a layer of Spikes each time and push actions back.

"I expected something like this. Pity we can't stay, old chap. Prince, exploit the wording on his substitution!"

Protect ~ Horn Leech ~ Baton Pass

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
The DAT description of Baton Pass is pretty murky, implying physical contact to actually pass. But since this is Singles, I guess I'll reff it as per in-catridge.

SimonSays’s team:
XAOXO

HP: 100
Spe: 95
Ranks: 5/3/1/3

Deck Knight's team: OXAOO

HP: 65
En: 82
Spe: 91
Ranks: 3/3/4/3

Arena : Sky Tower (Fresh after rain), Gravity 3a

Ignoring the fact that his Fidgit is squirming from the digging debris with his opponent, confident in his advantage, Deck Knight simply orders, "Taunt the self-important royalty." But for once, ARMageddon-Fidgit did not manage to pull the prank, as Prince-Sawsbuck concentrated on building Protection around his regal name!

Trying to outplay Deck Knight valiantly, Simon then yelled, "Leech him!" to which Prince-Sawsbuck complied, but the Horn attack was countered by ARMageddon-Fidgit hurling Bombs of earth in return, the soil Sludged by his touch! Startled, the regal buck decides to Pass the Baton over to his Trainer. So who would be facing the many-armed digger next?

Action 1:
Pointed rocks slammed into Sawsbuck and Fidgit!
9 damage (Fidgit)
12 damage (Sawsbuck)
The Spikes dug into Sawsbuck's hooves!
12 damage (Sawsbuck)
Sawsbuck used Protect!
(+4 Priority)
Sawsbuck Protected itself from incoming attacks!
-6 energy
Fidgit used Taunt!
(+1 Priority Prankster)
But it failed to Taunt Sawsbuck!
-7 energy

Action 2:
Sawsbuck used Horn Leech!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 1168/10000 (NO)
8+3+(7.5-4.5) = 14 damage (Fidgit) ~ +7 HP (Sawsbuck)
-11 energy
Fidgit used Sludge Bomb!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 5751/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 3261/10000 (NO)
[9+3+(4.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 18 damage (Sawsbuck)
-6 energy

Action 3:
Sawsbuck used Baton Pass!
Sawsbuck passes the next round to its teammate!
-9 energy
Fidgit used Sludge Bomb!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 4754/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=3000 EFFECT]: 6245/10000 (NO)
[9+3+(4.5-4.5)]*1.5 = 18 damage (Sawsbuck)
-10 energy

Post Action:
Arena Changes: Gravity 0a
RNG Roll (WEATHER) [<=4000 DRIZZLE ; 4000<=8000 DROUGHT; <8000 NORMAL]: 5036/10000 (DROUGHT)

Post Round:
Sawsbuck: -33 HP, -26 EN, Self-switched
Fidgit: -23 HP, -23 EN

SimonSays’s team: XAOXO

HP: 67
En: 74
Spe: 95
Ranks: 5/3/1/3

HP: 42
En: 59

Arena : Sky Tower (The sun shines bright)

Simon orders
Deck Knight responds
I reff

"Now wreck him, Clubs!"

Earthquake ~ Ice Punch ~ Earthquake
IF Taunt is used, use Ice Punch + Focus Punch combination and push actions back IF Earthquake was subbed.
IF Circle Throw would be used AND you are not Taunted, use Detect that action (Non consequtively) and push actions back IF Earthquake was subbed.

Deck Knight

Alright ARMAgeddon, time to lay our final plans. Use Gravity, then Spikes, then Disable (Earthquake)

Gravity ~ Spikes ~ Disable (Earthquake)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Following Glacier's implications in the OP, I'm now boosting Drought on Sky Tower since it was rolled twice in a row.

SimonSays’s team:
XOOXA

HP: 100
Spe: 104 (+12%)
Ranks: 4/2/4/3

HP: 42
En: 59

Arena : Sky Tower (The sun shines bright)

ARMageddon-Fidgit suddenly shifts the gravito-magnetic forces upon Sky Tower, enhancing the Gravity and unknowingly enforced the battlements, whilst dealing no additional effects to his opponent - apparently. Clubs-Lucario landed with an Earthquake that would've wrecked the Tower had not for ARMageddon-Fidgit's timely intervention, but he did succeed in shaking the lodged Spikes and Rocks while tossing the ARMy around. Discontented, Deck Knight orders, "Let's see how many more Spikes you can handle, hm?"

Simon immediately counters, "Punch him in the face!" Clubs-Lucario did so, but even his speedy Ice-coated fists cannot catch up with ARMageddon-Fidgit's pranks. And the latter pulls a last trick from his many sleeves - a wave from his hands, and Clubs-Lucario suddenly froze, recalling something without success.... Man its so hot in here Vanilluxe would've melt on the spot. Good thing nobody brought one. Didn't it just rained some time ago? ("Sniffs... I smell crisps... or was it my fur? Need a quck dip anyway.")

Action 1:
Pointed rocks slammed into Lucario!
6 damage (Lucario)
The Spikes dug into Lucario's feet!
12 damage (Lucario)
Fidgit used Gravity!
(+1 Priority Prankster)
The gravity intensifies around Sky Tower!
Arena changes: Gravity 15a
-10 energy
Lucario used Earthquake!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 6549/10000 (NO)
[10+(6-4.5)]*1.5 = 17.25 damage (Fidgit)
-6 energy

Action 2:
Fidgit used Spikes!
(+1 Priority Prankster)
The gravity intensifies around Sky Tower!
Arena changes: Gravity 15a
-8 energy
Lucario used Ice Punch!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 9730/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (EFFECT) [<=1000 EFFECT]: 3148/10000 (NO)
[8+(6-4.5)]*1.5 = 14.25 damage (Sawsbuck)
-6 energy

Action 3:
Fidgit used Disable!
(+1 Priority Prankster)
Fidgit Disabled Lucario's Earthquake attack!
Other changes: Disable Earthquake (Lucario)
-7 energy
Lucario used Earthquake!
But it failed!

Post Action:
Arena Changes: Gravity 12a
RNG Roll (WEATHER) [<=4000 DRIZZLE ; 4000<=8000 DROUGHT; <8000 NORMAL]: 5122/10000 (DROUGHT)
All Fire-type attacks are boosted by a further 2 BAP in addition of normal Sunny Day effects!
All Water-type attacks are nerfed by a further 2 BAP!
All attacks now have an additional 10% chance to inflict UV Burns!

Post Round:
Lucario: -18 HP, -12 EN
Fidgit: -31.5 HP, -25 EN

SimonSays’s team: XOOXA

HP: 82
En: 88
Spe: 104 (+12%)
Ranks: 4/2/4/3
Other: Earthquake Disabled, Stealth Rock, Spikes 2

HP: 10
En: 34

Arena : Sky Tower (Drought Sky Tower 2, Gravity 12a)

Deck Knight decides Switch Phase
SimonSays responds
I reff

Deck Knight

"I'm going to send in a King of my own.

Whose shall be the true King?"

-->

"Will your King withdraw, or shall you unleash the dog of war?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)