1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dedicated Servers

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by slateer, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slateer

slateer

When i say this i mean to the fact it took Smogon forever to recognize Eviolite Chansey even when it was being widely used. Also Ninjask is still NU which from i seeing it should at least be LU or BL.
    the main problem i have is that i see Smogon mainly as a Leader in Pokemon and Metagame. Most play by the Standard rules and clauses made by Smogon. How can we have this much power and not even be able to recognize simple usage trends?

now i dont know the process for Tier and Tier placage but i can make a guesse that whoever edits the Teirs is very few people. We need a huge grop of people and not a small one to notice these Trends. That way we know at least one can be Online and Possibly Battling and noticaing these Trends.

We need also a way to refresh stragergies. When you serach a Pokemon for Stragery or Stats or whatever, The Stragery are rarely replaced. Most stragerigies become outdated or broken and that defeats the purpose of a Metagmer even looking up A Stragery.

Im not sure if im right or not but thats my opinion
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Wanna know who edits tiers? The ladder, AKA anyone who plays a ladder battle. If Ninjask deserves RU or UU status, then the people who ladder should start using it!

As for stratagies, could you show me a BW analysis that is outdated/broken?
  3. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Updating tiers is done by usage statistics combined every three months, with usage cutoffs deciding tiers.

The decision on bans used to be done with huge groups of people, but due to certain disadvantages it was changed to a council system, with discussion threads on, oh idk, trends and broken-ness of Pokemon, that they read as well, so there is still some community input. Also, trends ARE noticed, then thoroughly discussed, and deemed whether to be broken or not. Chansey was deemed not to be, but moved to OU of its own accord anyway. Ninjask has had no issues in NU, and has not negatively affected that metagame at all. Also we have RU not LU, so is this thread wanting us to have the same bans as PO, because our tiers are quite different to theirs.
  4. NixHex

NixHex No excuses
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Want to participate in tiering discussions? Head here: Dragonspiral Tower
    Want to have analyses that aren't outdated / nonexistent? Head here: Contributions & Corrections

This "power" you speak of comes purely from our forum members. Analyses don't pop up out of thin air. People like you and I write them. If you want updated strategies, write some (though you may want to lurk some and work on your grammar)! Get involved, we're glad to have you around. Welcome to Smogon!

edit: What do any these suggestions have to do with dedicated servers? I think you misunderstand the word server.
  5. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

I think he misunderstands more than just the word server....

but anyway yeah, what Nix said
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)