1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Default OU, Uber, BL and UU pokemon for your Shoddy Battle boxes!

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by Nomad, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Nomad

Nomad

Default OU, Uber, BL, UU and NU pokemon for your Shoddy Battle boxes!

Basically I went through every OU pokemon's OU sets on Smogon and created them in Shoddy. I then imported them into a Shoddy box and then uploaded those boxes for everyone to download.

Everything!
    OU Pokemon
    UU Pokemon
    Uber Pokemon
    NU Pokemon
    BL Pokemon
    CAP Pokemon

CAP pokemon will not be included in everything.zip If you try and open a CAP pokemon's box while in a server that doesn't use the CAP pokemon, the shoddy boxes freeze temporarily. Therefore I suggest you only download them if you play on the Create-A-Pokemon server.

Never again will you have to bother typing your set in everytime you create a new team.

PLEASE do not claim this is your work.

Do read _instructions.txt and post if you need help.

If a moveset had a slashed move / item / nature, I always chose the first option, so if it was say

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive
    64 Atk / 252 SpA /192 Spe
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower

I would have inserted Fire Blast into Shoddy.
  2. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Instructions for OS X, please.

Thank you for all of the Pokémon though!
  3. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You, sir, are awesome.

My laziness has increased tenfold.
  4. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Now where are all the UU pokemon?
  5. Nomad

Nomad

Sorry, I don't have access to any Mac OS so I don't know where the shoddy folder is located. If somebody with Mac OS can find where it is located and tells me where it is, I will update the download to say where to extract the folder to in Mac OS.

I'm going to start working on them after I start the Uber pokemon (probably tomorrow) and then the NU pokemon.
  6. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

You know, we could probably automate this... it'd just require going through the analyses, using the parser from the Smogon source, and writing to the Shoddy box format. If someone points me at the description for the Shoddy box format I could probably whip up a script in an hour
  7. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Would that mean every Pokémon with every set would show up in the team builder, like the damage calculator?
  8. Duck92

Duck92

I'll help you out by giving you the Linux Instructions..

Good job
  9. Nomad

Nomad

Thanks.

I've updated it following a few suggestions I received. It's nothing major, I just made it so that each pokemon is a box rather than shoving all pokemon and sets into one big box.
  10. Duck92

Duck92

I made a script to install for Windows 2000 - Windows 7.

Just download and open README with Notepad/Wordpad. This does NOT work with Linux (yes, even with Wine, it wont work)

And that should make it easier

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tidfujnynze

@Symphonyx64 - Just find the .shoddybattle folder, and make a folder called 'boxes' in it
    Then drag all the pokemon folder in it. If you have a team open, close it and reopen.
  11. RBG

RBG It feels like a perfect night to dress up like hipsters
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Tried this with macs but had no success. It views it as a unix file, when the appropriate file to view it as would be a plain text file.
  12. Golden Sun

Golden Sun vale
    is a Pre-Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Dome Aceis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 11 Champion

This would be awesome, could you please do it?
  13. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

That automation script would be very handy indeed, chaos.

Thanks for your effort too, Joe Bloggs. A nice little time saver.
  14. Thorns

Thorns

thanks a heap for this, looking forward to the script chaos!

(this means you should do it)
  15. Nomad

Nomad

As chaos hasn't finished his script I continued on.

Uber pokemon and the BL pokemon are now also available for download.
  16. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

Nobody pointed me to the shoddy box format specifications
  17. Super

Super This space for rent
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

That's because there is none, its object serialization.

If you can find Java's serialization format or whatever, the relevant code is in PokemonBox.java under buttonImportActionPerformed. Either way, I have to get to class.
  18. pastel

pastel

can't wait for chaos to finish this fully stil, I don't have a shoddy folder, so I can't use this, anyway, its impressing.
  19. Duck92

Duck92

20. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Sorry to be a bother, but would it be possible to go through the LC C&C subforum and build a box on that? (Updating it now and then)
  21. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

really do appreciate this.

thanks a bunch!
  22. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Sounds awesome since I am extremely lazy, thanks for the hard work!!
  23. Sledge

Sledge

I can't seem to even open the box at all. It seems to freeze up every time I do. What am I doing wrong?

I am on Windows Vista by the way.
  24. yondie

yondie I feel a little bit, like, I'm the Braveheart of creativity.
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

This is awesome! It saves so much time and appeals to the shoddy battle functions.

This should definitely be an automatic feature of sb2!
  25. chaos

chaos
    Owner

Hmm. That might be a challenge. I spoke with Colin about this before and he told me there weren't any good libraries for doing Java object serialization in Python. :/ What we might do is use Jython specifically for this task

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)