Defense and Special Defense Tiers

Shoddybattle news :-)

You can now calculate the defense tier of your pokemon using the new ShoddyBattle plugin system!
Wow, talk about the best of both worlds.

I don't post here that often, and I'm not very good competitively, but I just wanted to say great job on trying something new and finding a way to implement it, even if it isn't widely used.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Heh, finally I understood your tiers (actually, I never stopped to read them fully), but I noticed something: There's only one Deoxys (I think it's the Normal). Where are the Defense, Attack and Speed forms?

Time for me to add those guys by hand...

Deoxys Attack -- 102.98 102.98 112.69 112.69
Deoxys Defense -- 120.89 120.89 124.31 124.31
Deoxys Speed -- 113.94 113.94 120.03 120.03

LOLz at Deoxys attack. 252/252 Bold Deoxys attack is weaker than 0/0 Weavile

No... I think Colin wants a more secure plug in-architecture... Its really not in my hands anymore. Hopefully he's still working on it.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I got around to implementing your proposed solution and it seems that it actually is completely secure - the plugins have absolutely no permissions (they are running like applets and in fact it even says "Java Applet" in their windows...). So the solution is excellent. It will be a bit inconvenient to use plugins until they are stored across usages of the team builder but they are still usable as of now. (Start the program until you see it download the new client.)

dragontamer's plugin works for me now (the source for this particular plugin is actually in the ShoddyBattleClient tree; it may be in the jar itself as well, but I'm not sure).

Congadulations Dragontamer... u r a pokemon professor.. really..
u made my day with those calculations.
thnx a lot. I hope more info comes out.

Why is it that when I calculate a defense tier for, say, 236 HP / 252 Defense Impish Hippowdon, it gives me a Defense Tier of 125.26, while the 252 / 252 Maximum Defense Tier in the chart is 124.38?

Why is it that when I calculate a defense tier for, say, 236 HP / 252 Defense Impish Hippowdon, it gives me a Defense Tier of 125.26, while the 252 / 252 Maximum Defense Tier in the chart is 124.38?
That's right. The 252 / 252 Maximum Defense Tier in the chart doesn't factor Natures. DT says that right in front of the chart. If a positive Nature was factored in, that 124.38 would become 125.36--but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)