Defense of The Ancients Mafia: Game over! Carries win!

Day 3

Day 3 arrives and unlike the quiet Night 1, Night 2 has left your humble little abode covered in blood. The first body you notice is that of E.A., you examine his body and find that it is riddled with several holes and that all the bones in his body have been crushed. There was a small note crammed in his mouth it reads:
Dear E.A.,
You are the Abbadon, the Lord of Avernus.

Previously, overshadowed by the Omniknight, a few months back you were cast into the competitive scene and became one of the top bans/picks due to your ability to heal, slow, debuff teammates, and your survivability. However, more recently you have been nerfed due to your popularity and imbalancedness. For this mafia you will be taking the backseat on supporting your allies, however, you still retain the ability to do so but you are just minding your time until your services are needed.

In the event that a certain player dies, you will use your abilities to assist your allies, however until then you have just your ultimate. You are currently at very low health, because of this if you are ever attacked you will be dead before your ultimate, Borrowed Time, will be able to automatically activate. However, if you can predict when you are about to be killed you maybe able to activate in time before you are attacked resulting in you getting healed from lethal damage. To do this, every four nights you may send a pm to blue_light stating 'Night X - Activate Borrowed Time'. That night you will become unkillable and in the event of you getting attacked for lethal damage you will instead be healed.

If you are able to obtain the Aghanim's Scepter you will be able to boost the power of your ultimate.

You are allied with The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter. You win if The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter win.
The second body is that of Galahad, you see several bloody footprints made by Galahad, but due to his slow ass movement speed he could not outrun his attacker. His body is covered in dark burns which form when powerful magical energy is exposed to flesh. In his hand was this note:
Dear Galahad,
You are Rylai, the Crystal Maiden.

Aura/Ward bitch, you are one of the few female heroes in the game, and like many of them you are an Intelligence hero with extremely slow movespeed. Your slow ms combined with your low health pool makes you a perfect target for ganks. As one of the easiest killed heroes in the game you are a classic example of a Feeder character. However despite your feeding status, you are still picked in competitive play due to your mana regeneration aura.

Mana regeneration is not going to do anything in this game, but you do have your powerful ensnare ability, Frostbite. You will be using this Frostbite ability during the night to immobilize your enemies by sending a pm to blue_light stating 'Night X - Frostbite User'. That night you will encase your foe in a giant block of ice causing them to be stuck there for the entire night and causing them to fail their night actions.

You are allied with The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter. You win if The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter win.
The third and final body is that of Thorns, his flesh was also seared by magical energy, though of a different sort than that that killed Galahad. You find no other noticeable defects aside from Thorns' eyes which have been seared indicating that a powerful light had fried the his pupils. On the ground you find some writing made by Thorns before he perished, it reads:
Dear Thorns,
You are Shendelzare Silkwood, the Vengeful Spirit.

One of the most used characters in DotA, you only recently gained prominence as a powerful early game roamer and wardbitch. Your stun, ability to scout, damage aura, and positioning ult gives you powerful support abilities, giving any lineup a good use of your abilities. While you are a powerful ganker with your ultimate and stun, you have decided to go with a more of a support role this game and therefore have foregone your invitation to join with the Gankers.

In this game you will be utilizing your ultimate, Nether Swap. Every three nights you may use Nether Swap by sending a pm to blue_light stating 'Night X - Nether Swap with User'. That night you will switch places with your target. Any abilities that target you that night will hit your target instead and any abilities that target your target that night will hit you instead.

You will also be able to use your Wave of Terror to scout things out. Every other night you may send a pm to blue_light stating 'Night X - Wave of Terror User'. That night you will scream at your target which just so happens to give you sight of them. This will allow you to see who they targeted and what ability they used. You can not use this the same night that you use Nether Swap.

Your ultimate can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter.

As you gathered to the townsquare to begin your deliberations a sentence flashes on your screen reading "The Carries have slain Roshan!".

It is now Day 3, Day 3 will end in 48 hours or until a majority is reached. 9 votes needed for majority.

I'd rather wait for the revival of Dogfish and no lynch today as we have no more info than yesterday. Unless the Inspector wants to step up of course, but since that didn't happed yesterday I doubt it.

I say we No Lynch. (I'm doing this trolling to stir up some conversation in case you didn't notice.)

Also after this mess of a day is finished and dogfish is revieved I urge you to claim to him as that's what I'll do.

Also, good job at Roshan, carries.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I really hope that someone will step up, even if dogfish comes back after this lynch we need a good lynch here, which means we need a leader and that fast.

I'd step up but I'm in no position to lead.

ok fuck it, i'd like everyone to contact me as soon as possible and bg to protect me

Dear -Mind-,
You are Ezalor, the Keeper of the Light.

On the squishiest heroes in existence with no discernible escape mechanism, you are the definition of a support hero/food. Possessing great support abilities, but none that can heal a teammate, you are one of the more fun heroes to play in terms of playing a support hero. Due to ability to give yourself or others infinite mana, destroy entire creep waves, and leak your foes' mana you are an invaluable asset for the right team. In the current metagame, your main goal is to give mana to ability spammers like the Earthshaker or Phantom Lancer, but your utility beyond that role is also extremely useful.

Your main goal in this game will be to give others more mana than they can ever imagine and with that the ability to use their abilities without consequence. During the day you may send a pm to blue_light stating 'Day X - Chakra Magic User'. The next night since your target has more mana than usual, they will be able to use certain night actions twice, this however does not work on certain abilities (one-timers, abilities that have long cooldowns).

One time in the game you may also use your ultimate, Spirit Form. In this form you will gain additional abilities and be able to utilize your other non-used abilities. This spirit form will last two day/night cycles. To activate Spirit Form, you may send a pm to blue_light stating 'Day/Night X - Spirit Form'.

You have in your possession a Eaglehorn and a Blade of Alacrity.

You are allied with The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter. You win if The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter win

UncleSam

Leading this village
We NEED the inspector to step up, like NOW. Even if it is just to clear some people, we NEED a leader. No BG has died yet so I presume the BG is still alive(unless we didn't get one, which I highly doubt), so you are relatively safe, but mafias already have a majority if they unite with the neutrals. The village is getting destroyed and even if Dogfish gets revived with like vigilante abilities or something(hoping, hoping), we are in serious trouble. In short, INSPECTOR CLAIM TO EVERYONE NOW!

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dude this is bs mafia has majority after this day and night
How do you know this? There's nothing in the rules that says anything about "how many people are in each mafia" for the most part, not to mention that there's an increasing likelihood of crossfire as the number of villagers is reduced.

That said, I'm going to cast an initial vote for Accent. Having hosted games and seen how he plays, his general village play is a balls-out playstyle that flings as much shit at people as possible in hopes of opening up discussion. However, the fact that he seems to think that it's in his best interest to let the village bumblefuck around as much as possible leads me to believe that he's probably a mafia member.

I did fling shit at people in the previous pages but tbh I'm a bit overwhelmed by the lack of activity... I'm planning to claim to Mind/Dogfish as soon as either one proves his role next day, which should be easy.

Also, I'm currently hosting a game so I'm a bit busy and I did inform the players and the host that I would not be super-active, sorry about that, I'm doing my best...

How do you know this? There's nothing in the rules that says anything about "how many people are in each mafia" for the most part, not to mention that there's an increasing likelihood of crossfire as the number of villagers is reduced.

That said, I'm going to cast an initial vote for Accent. Having hosted games and seen how he plays, his general village play is a balls-out playstyle that flings as much shit at people as possible in hopes of opening up discussion. However, the fact that he seems to think that it's in his best interest to let the village bumblefuck around as much as possible leads me to believe that he's probably a mafia member.
1) i was just guessing because unclesam said it
2) dont randlynch i have better targets

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He didn't say it until AFTER your post, nice try.

That said, that's yet another "knowing more than it seems like he should" (i.e. information regarding the numbers in each faction plus the existence of a number of neutrals) situation, which never puts me at ease.
Like who? Bring them up or refute my logic, but don't stifle discussion if you intend to take a leadership role in the village. We're short on "shit to talk about" as is.

UncleSam

Leading this village
By the way, what exactly did I say that you are referring to?
@ Accent: SDS seems to make a pretty good argument to me, but I have no particular reason to think you are suspicious. However, all I have seen in the manner of defense thus far is "is this a joke?!?". Come on defend yourself...besides, hopefully slinging this "shit" at people will get some people to comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)