1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Defining Bad Users

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Chou Toshio, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This is a long standing issue facing Inside Scoop and the badging process. I say it's time we finally put together an in-partial, defined measure we can use to make decisions and assessments. This will greatly access the badging/access process.

What exactly makes a bad user (from a badge sense)? What makes a user too bad-- for PR, for badging and other non-ban related issues? In this thread, we will try to make a mathematical system for defining and finding "bad users." After finding a measure for bad userness, we can allocate values at which we would "not-badge", "de-badge," etc. etc.

Pertinent variables:

P= Personal Attacks (outright personal attacks on other members in what should be intelligent discussion)

O= Outbursts (lashing back/out at decisions/information made in discussion/tournaments/etc.)

P + O = F (Flaming)

T = Trolling (specifically looking to insight outbursts on the side of the other party)

C = Contrarian (being a contrary douche-bag just for the sake of being one)

I = Ignores status, and general history / social makeup of the community

M = Must contribute more (degree to which a member's actual contributions are shit)

While M is a little different from the others (since it is a "negative" variable), we can generally measure the others as "# of posts that fall in category X made over time y"

For instance P = 34, would mean 34 posts containing personal attacks made over 1 month.

Next we can use multipliers to adjust to what degree we deem a behavior bad. For instance, C & L are relatively low offense compared to flaming and trolling, which is what made CiM really have to go over the top to get de-badged.

Sample equation:

3T + C + I + M + 5(O + P) = 100 = minimal acceptability = Approximately Old SDS

Of course, I'm not really good at math, so others please jump in to help make a better equation. We'll also need to assign values to varying degrees of "acceptability."
  2. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I'm disappointed. I was expecting some combination of the abbreviations to spell CIM.
  3. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Fine, fixed
  4. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I took the integral of that equation and got this:

r+e+y+s+c+a+r+f+a+c+e = bad user
  5. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

How convenient! I took the anti-log of that equation and got:

p+h+a+t+k+a+v

Furthermore, I believe that this "phatkav" has a 100 in each category.
    "100F + 100T + 100C + 100I + 100M = 100 = minimal acceptability = Forked"
  6. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Eo Ut Mortus...

...is a bad user

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)