Deleted

I mean, making Breloom faster lets you Spore more stuff outside of Trick Room, and takes care of the Chandelure weakness that Braseg pointed out.
So max EVs in Speed and a jolly nature then? And after I make those changes, how good do you think my team could do?

EDIT: I'm attending the NorCal Regional. I don't know if I'll make a new team for nationals if I go.

EDIT EDIT: What about switching Breloom for Chandelure? That way I could Imprison, which can't really be stopped, plus Chandelure is a beastly Pokemon with monstrous Special Attack, something my team lacks

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So max EVs in Speed and a jolly nature then? And after I make those changes, how good do you think my team could do?

EDIT: I'm attending the NorCal Regional. I don't know if I'll make a new team for nationals if I go.

EDIT EDIT: What about switching Breloom for Chandelure? That way I could Imprison, which can't really be stopped, plus Chandelure is a beastly Pokemon with monstrous Special Attack, something my team lacks
Yeah, that's what I'm using and it works great. Hard to say how well it will do unless you test it a bunch, since it depends a lot on your play style (aggressive vs. defensive, etc.), and tactics and prediction skill matter more than your team in the end anyway.

I'll be at that regional too (unless I get IRL money hax again). Hope to see you there!

While another strong special attacker (and a Fire-type move) would definitely help your team, Spore is also really nice and is useful against more things. I'd say test both and decide which one you like better. I dunno if I'd bother with Imprison, though; it always struck me as kind of a gimmicky strategy that's easily beaten and just wastes a turn and a move slot most of the time.

Yeah, that's what I'm using and it works great. Hard to say how well it will do unless you test it a bunch, since it depends a lot on your play style (aggressive vs. defensive, etc.), and tactics and prediction skill matter more than your team in the end anyway.

I'll be at that regional too (unless I get IRL money hax again). Hope to see you there!

While another strong special attacker (and a Fire-type move) would definitely help your team, Spore is also really nice and is useful against more things. I'd say test both and decide which one you like better. I dunno if I'd bother with Imprison, though; it always struck me as kind of a gimmicky strategy that's easily beaten and just wastes a turn and a move slot most of the time.
Yah i don't like Imprison that much either, but if I should change any pokemon to make the team more synergistic, what should it be? Or do you think I've completed a well rounded team?

Theory only goes so far. Try some battles on PO and see if you have any problems.

Yeah good point. And also, now that I think about it, even though I don't like Imprison+TR that much I think it'll really help with this team, just because it's the most reliable way to stop trick room and Chandelure's a great pokemon with great typing so i don't need to be afraid of Fake Out's when I try to set up Trick Room.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
The problem with Imprison is deciding what to give up. Without Heat Wave or Shadow Ball, you're walled by a ton of stuff, and without Protect, you die fast and Imprison stops working.

The problem with Imprison is deciding what to give up. Without Heat Wave or Shadow Ball, you're walled by a ton of stuff, and without Protect, you die fast and Imprison stops working.

i think based on my team, I should run Shadow Ball over Heat Wave, because of my teams type coverage, but what to replace?

i think based on my team, I should run Shadow Ball over Heat Wave, because of my teams type coverage, but what to replace?

Nevermind, I've decided that I'll lock my team in as this. However, more comments and changes are much appreciated.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Complements your team perfectly, and it's pretty much the same set as my Heatran (except for Quiet instead of Modest), so I can't see anything to complain about. Only thing I'd suggest is putting the last 4 EVs into SpD instead. It's unlikely to make a difference for any attacks, and it makes Download Porygon2/Z get an Attack boost (yeah, it's probably not going to matter much, but it's technically better).

Complements your team perfectly, and it's pretty much the same set as my Heatran (except for Quiet instead of Modest), so I can't see anything to complain about. Only thing I'd suggest is putting the last 4 EVs into SpD instead. It's unlikely to make a difference for any attacks, and it makes Download Porygon2/Z get an Attack boost (yeah, it's probably not going to matter much, but it's technically better).
Alright, thanks! I've tested the team on PO and I've already won a tournament on skarmbliss! And if I lose it's usally by a slim margin, do you have any other suggestions?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
All of the Rotom sprites seem to have disappeared from your post, which was a little confusing :P

It looks like you have all the basics covered, so unless you feel like you're having trouble with something, I think it's pretty good.

All of the Rotom sprites seem to have disappeared from your post, which was a little confusing :P

It looks like you have all the basics covered, so unless you feel like you're having trouble with something, I think it's pretty good.
Hmm, that's weird, they seem to be fine for me, oh and also, I forgot to make a change to the team that I had already made on PO, I found that because my team's core doesn't require Trick Room, 2 Trick Room users is more than enough, so I scrapped Whimsicott and brought back Breloom so that I could Spore Trick Room teams to keep em out of Trick Room and Spore regular teams when I'm under trick room. If you saw a team like this in team preview would you say it's Trick Room?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Ah, they're back now. Maybe my computer was just derping again.

I'd probably go with Mach Punch on Breloom instead of Drain Punch, since you already have two other strong slow Fighting moves.

I'd say no, since a lot of your team is pretty average speed so it looks like typical bulky goodstuff, and most people aren't going to know what to expect from Gardevoir.

I'd probably go with Mach Punch on Breloom instead of Drain Punch, since you already have two other strong slow Fighting moves.
Alright, that sounds like a big change, I guess Mach Punch would do significant damage to whatever I use it on, since most of the time I'm using it on things like Ttar. I do like the health recovery coupled with Poison Heal and Toxic Orb tho, but if your sure that'll be better, I'll change it.

Bumping, what do you guys think of Drain Punch over Mach Punch on Breloom? And Focus Sash over Occa Berry on Scizor? These are changes that I'm on the fence about.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I'd stick with Mach Punch on Breloom; it's really not that bulky even with max HP so you won't get a lot of use out of the extra healing, and you're probably going to want to be Sporing something whenever you don't need priority most of the time anyway.

Focus Sash seems like it might work, since Scizor isn't that specially bulky and gets KO'd by a lot of strong Fire attacks even with the berry.

I'd stick with Mach Punch on Breloom; it's really not that bulky even with max HP so you won't get a lot of use out of the extra healing, and you're probably going to want to be Sporing something whenever you don't need priority most of the time anyway.

Focus Sash seems like it might work, since Scizor isn't that specially bulky and gets KO'd by a lot of strong Fire attacks even with the berry.

Alright, I'll go with that then thanks for all the help voodoo, I can't wait to see you in Pleasanton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)