~Delta~

Alright, so I was slumping down in the CRE's on shoddy, only hovering around the 1100 mark, with my old team. Now, having moved on to Pokemon Lab, I dunno what my rating is. But, I do know that I'm doing well with my latest team: Team Delta.

And now, after that short, boring introduction devoid of all use whatsoever, up to and including entertainment value, here's the team!

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly (+Spe,-Sp.A)
252 Spe/252 Atk/4 HP
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Uturn
-Explosion

What's the point?
Azelf is here as a standard lead: Simply get up SR and stop the opponent from doing the same. Unfortunatly, he doesn't always accomplish this too well: There's a whole host of Metagross, Machamp, and Aerodactyl leads running around that can easily foil his plans. Nonetheless, he still manages to get up SR around 80% of the time.

Is he good at it?
Not really. I'm considering replacing him with Aerodactyl or Metagross, who can both get up SR fairly well, and, in Metagross's case, do some heavy damage to the opponent.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
252 Spe/252 Sp.A/4 HP
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

What's the point?
This gengar simply serves to eliminate whatever the opponent switches in, quickly and easily. After scaring something off, namely Tyranitar, he can set up a sub and proceed to slaughter anyone coming in.

Is he good at it?
Hell yes! Focus blast will kill the idiotic Tyranitar who decides to Pursuit, Shadow Ball will wipe out Starmies and Azelfs who aren't max speed, and Thunderbolt will destroy pesky waters who want to Cune... I mean come... ruin the fun.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Jolly (+Spe,-Sp.A)
252 Spe/252 Atk/4 HP
-Agility
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash

What's the point?
This Metagross is a standard Agiligross. The premise behind this set is simply to fix the one stat that Metagross isn't excellent in: his Speed. With an Agility under his belt, he'll outspeed anything in OU bar scarfed stuff and Ninjask. He can then proceed to Meteor Mash things neutral to Meteor Mash, in hopes of scoring an attack boost. Once he's got an attack boost... NOTHING, bar Hippowdon/Swampert/Forretess, can stop him.

Is he good at it?
Yes, I'de say he's fairly good. One thing he has over stuff like DDNite is that he has quite a lot of physical bulk, able to take an EQ or Fire Punch that many pokes couldn't. And having an attack-boosting attack sure helps.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
252 Spe/252 Sp.A/4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Flash Cannon

What's the point?
Jesus. This thing is an absolute monster. Choice Specs STAB Fire blast coming off one of the highest Sp. Attacks in OU will DECIMINATE anything not named Blissey. Fire Blast is there for the obvious primary STAB; while Flash Cannon for secondary STAB, as well as to kill rock-types. Earth power to massacre other Heatran, and Dragon Pulse to kill any dragons who start acting a little funny.

Is he good at it?
Yes! A Fire Blast will OHKO ANYTHING in the OU metagame that's weak to it, as well as a large chunk of pokes who aren't. Add to that great type coverage and you have yourself quite a solid poke.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
252 Spe/252 Sp.A/4 HP
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-HP Ice
-Growth

What's the point?
This guy just acts as a backup, really, as well as a way to get rid of annoying Forretess/Swampert/Hippowdon that rape my team. If anyone can suggest something that can remove those three pokes better, please do; Shaymin feels a bit like dead weight under most circumstances.

Is he good at it?
At the specific thing he must do, he's alright, but in general, no.

Gyarados @ Liechi Berry
Jolly (+Spe,-Sp.A)
252 Spe/252 Atk/4 Def
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Flail
-Waterfall

What's the point?
This is a standard Flailidos set, a rather obscure set for Gyarados. Basically, you take advantage of Gyara's ability to scare the crap out of a ton of stuff, forcing them to switch, and you sub on the switch. Then, you get as many Dragon Dances as possible, until you're sub breaks. Then, sub again. If they don't break it, continue dragon dancing. Repeat until 3 HP. At 3 HP, Flail will have 200 Base Power, which, as you might imagine, will take a chunk out of a lot of things. And with AT LEAST +1 Speed and +2 Attack, you're going to massacre everything not named... eh....

You're going to massacre everything.

Is he good at it?
Yes, as well as anyone can expect for using a risky stratagy like that. As one might imagine, Sandstorm and Hail teams will kill him, and Tyranitar is such a common fellow that I'm considering replacing this guy. But, right now, I'm using him 'cause he's a novelty and VERY unexpected.

I apologize for no pictures, my computer is being funny.

Rate away!

Nice Team :). Props for using FlailDos.

Just one thing though: replace Hyper Beam on Shaymin (bet you saw that coming) with HP Ice. Nicely hits Dragons on the swich and hits other grass types.

I think the Flaildos strategy is way too risky, the EVs are correct, but I'd recommend using earthquake and stone edge as replacements, I've tried flaildos b4 and for me, it was just faildos

Hi there Asploder, here are some recommendations I have for you.

1)The first that crossed my eyes was Shaymin's set, Hyper beam isn't reliable at all. I'd recommend changing it to Rest. Rest is very well complemented by Natural cure and heals of all the recoil damage Life orb has inflicted. This, in turn allows your Shaymin to survive longer which is a good thing. I'm not too sure about Psychic either, it has quite a narrow range of pokemon that it can hit for more damage than Seed flare. Opt to change it for Hidden power Ice. This allows you to deal with threats such as Mix Nite and Flygon and other grass types such as Breloom and Shaymin.

2)Gengar is a great asset on your team and you can abuse him further by using a sub-pain split set.

Gengar@Life orb
-Shadow ball
-Focus Blast
-Pain Split
-Substitute
252sp.att/252speed/4hp

Although you lack thunderbolt now, you can hit harder thanks to life orb and shadow ball will be doing tons of damage on most waters. Pain split is an efficient way to gain back HP especially from the likes of Blissey and other bulky pokemon.

If you don't like the idea of using Life orb at least use Black sludge instead of leftovers incase of the odd chance that a Rotom tricks you.

3) Heatran packs a punch especially with specs but making him locked into an attack gives the opponent a shitload chances to set up hazards or even set up to sweep. Change it for this:

Heatran@Shuca berry
- Earth power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden power Grass
- Dragon Pulse
252sp.att/252speed/4hp Timid

This set still utilizies Heatran's awesome offensive prowess while shuca berry allows you to take opposing earth powers (Your team is weak to heatran as Gyarados is the only pokemon who could to it's hit and you wouldn't liek to send him in early to lose quite some Hit points).

I'm not too sure about Flail Gyarados but I havent tried it myself so I cannot judge.

Good luck!!!

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
252 Spe/252 Sp.A/4 HP
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-Psychic
-Hyper beam (Filler)
I think the moveset should be Seed Flare / Earth Power / Hidden Power Ice / Rest.
Rest may seem strange but it works excellently with Natural Cure and Shaymin's natural bulk.

You could use a Growth set.
Shaymin @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
-Growth
-Seed Flare
-Earth Power
-HP Ice

It sweeps pretty nicely late game once things like Infernape are dead. Its a great set. Try it out!

Thanks to all who commented.

Yes, the Flailidos set is quite risky, but, when it works, it's an absolute MONSTER.

I think I'm going to try the Growth Shaymin set; shaymin seems to cause a lot of switches.

Heatran will be replaced with Shuca Berry set. Didn't like being locked AT ALL.

I'll post the threat list when I'm done my homework.

Any more suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)